It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Caesar.: Let's wait and see what they do for the first part. This is supposed to be a week-long event. Plenty of time left for surprises.
Lexor: The most wanted wishes have already got their discounts.

Do you think they'll give away the game which is not on wishlists? :D
Who knows? Maybe they have prepared a massive giveaway for a specific title that's currently not on sale. Or they are preparing something bigger, akin to 2017 Valentine's Day. I tend to assume the best intentions in people. Which is possibly a fatal personality flaw. Oh well...
Post edited April 16, 2018 by Caesar.
Neat! Hope it's through PM / email and not on streams (though I doubt that as it would be hard to "gift" a wishlisted game to a user in a stream / twitch / social media thing).

Now to figure out if I'm going to grab one of my "big" wishlisted games or hold off just a bit longer and take the plunge on Vinland. Luckily I have a few days to decide and I'm not quite finished with Kingdom Come yet. Good game by the way.
finkleroy: Where did you hear this? They should have done it before starting the sale. I don't want to get a game for free that I just bought.
tomasdk: Outside of that vague tweet, CohhCarnage, a Twitch streamer sponsored by GOG talks about the giveaway. Since he is in contact with people from GOG I don't have a reason to not believe it. Either way, we'll see in the next hours/days.
Good. It seems I jumped to conclusions due to my expectation that they would do the first part of the giveaway first. I'm glad to be wrong.
This is what they wrote on their twitter. https://twitter.com/GOGcom/status/985866649621401601

Have someone got free wishlist?

they'll be handed out to random accounts throughout the day I think

then gog replies with

"Yep! They're rolling out, keep your fingers crossed – there's a few thousand to get through. :)"
Post edited April 16, 2018 by kustridaren
Enebias: Any idea if the supposedly free games will be up for grabs or sent via e-mail?
There was some info in Russian forum, that free games will be given via email. Also, letter with game will arrive only if you allow GOG to send you email and subscribed to email news from GOG.
Hey, I noticed something: On the front page there is a new tab called wishlist. It shows all my wishlisted games, even if they are not discounted. There must be a meaning behind that...
Enebias: Any idea if the supposedly free games will be up for grabs or sent via e-mail?
Andrey82: There was some info in Russian forum, that free games will be given via email. Also, letter with game will arrive only if you allow GOG to send you email and subscribed to email news from GOG.
Very interesting. Thanks!
Just took the time to count the games in the sale "all deals" tab, (not the main store "on sale" tab). There are currently only 111 games in the sale, so perhaps there are more to come.

Not that I am complaining, only 6 games on my wishlist, none in the sale, yet. Thing is I realise is not all about ME.

Good on you GOG for trying, and probably succeeding, to make a lot of people happy.
So all the fuss about yet another boring sale? Haha
russellskanne: So all the fuss about yet another boring sale? Haha
No, there will be gifts for some members of community, but not for all.
russellskanne: So all the fuss about yet another boring sale? Haha
Andrey82: No, there will be gifts for some members of community, but not for all.
That seems elitist and assholish.
Honestly, as much as I love GOG, and I truly do, sometimes they go right out of their way to shoot themselves in the foot ... what an underwhelming sale. Why all the hype?

I really can't blame (like I usually do), most of those complaining ... and there is an awful lot of them already.

I have grabbed one game so far, but it wasn't even on my wishlist ... somehow I missed putting it there.

I feel sad for GOG really, as they just damaged their reputation even further .... far better to not have a sale at all, than to have a lackluster one such as the current one, after such grandiose promises ... just really stupid and unnecessary.

P.S. I take it all back and apologize if there is more to come ... but jeez what a whimper of a start.

P.S.S. I note that SOMA is now almost $2 AUD cheaper than it was in the previous sale which just finished. I am still considering it, but the crap screenshots are off-putting.

P.S.S.S. Of the 288 games on my wishlist, 46 are now on sale, about a dozen of which have rolled over from the last sale, and aside from SOMA, nothing seems cheaper that it has been on sale for before ... great for some I guess who have not had the chance before, but some are even more expensive than they have been. It is true to say I expected bigger discounts, and really for me, that is the most surprising thing in this sale, after the promises.
Post edited April 16, 2018 by Timboli
Timboli: I note that SOMA is now almost $2 AUD cheaper than it was in the previous sale which just finished. I am still considering it, but the crap screenshots are off-putting.
DO IT! It's a great game! Story-wise and in terms of atmosphere, it's one of the greatest.

What's putting you off about the screenshots?
Timboli: .

P.S.S. I note that SOMA is now almost $2 AUD cheaper than it was in the previous sale which just finished. I am still considering it, but the crap screenshots are off-putting.
I have read a lot of reviews about Soma both here and on Steam where it has 96% positive. I wouldn't let the screenshots discourage me if I could afford it.
fronzelneekburm: DO IT! It's a great game! Story-wise and in terms of atmosphere, it's one of the greatest.

What's putting you off about the screenshots?
That they are all dark and you can barely see any detail.

Great reviews though and thanks for your recommendation.

If they were better screenshots I would have maybe bought it already at its last sale price.

What a difference a screenshot makes ...... at least for me ... they are part of my formula for making a decision to buy.