It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

If it works at all close to as I suspect then for us it meants that there is some point to adding games to your wishlist as it will increase the probability of one of those going on sale or getting a deeper discount to some degree. It also will give some chance to get one or more games for free. It does not guarantee however that you will get any games for free or even that any of your wishlisted games will go on sale. Worth participating in and worth checking on but don't set your expectations too high.

If some freebies for eveyone that wishlists them get thrown in, great, but I would not get my hopes up.
Post edited April 16, 2018 by SoheiYamabushi
I got the impression that they are gonna deal with us all individually.

But with a basis of numbers from the stats of everyone's wishlists.

In other words, if Kingdom Come Deliverance makes the list, then only those with it on their Wishlist, get whatever the discount is.

So maybe it shows on your Wishlist as discounted for you .... or you just get an email.

P.S. Not that it should make a difference, but I decided to change my Wishlist share option from FRIENDS to EVERYONE ... at least for the duration of the sale.

Nothing I am ashamed or embarrassed about (hopefully), so why not. LOL

In reality, I add things based on interest, not level of desire. Some games i would only ever buy if dirt cheap, many are borderline and only just made the list, and regularly get rejected by me during sales. But you just never know what mood I might be in ... some appeal to me more on different days.

But what can I say, I am a Game Junkie.
Post edited April 16, 2018 by Timboli
I'll be glad when it's Monday Poland time,then all this can be let go.
Tauto: I'll be glad when it's Monday Poland time,then all this can be let go.
Breakfast must end late and lunch start early there. Maybe they start work in the afternoon.
What do you mean "let go"? The ranting about disappointed expectations will go on for days, as always. XD
The way this was presented by GOG, I expect everybody to get a game from their wishlist with a sale price of up to $10. Anything less and I will be dissatisfied because when you promise something in a vague way, you create expectations and I think my expectations are logical.
Post edited April 16, 2018 by Zadalon
Leroux: The ranting about disappointed expectations will go on for days, as always. XD
Ain't that the truth.

GOG should have a special section for them - Complaints & Arguments Department, where we can all carry on Monty Python style with them - Is that the 5 minute argument or the full half hour?

That's not an argument!
Yes it is!

;P
low rated
initialpresence: Breakfast must end late and lunch start early there. Maybe they start work in the afternoon.
Shift workers.
Leroux: What do you mean "let go"? The ranting about disappointed expectations will go on for days, as always. XD
Yes,I know but one can only hope.I suppose it will be a thread changed to.........''I didn't get anything,wahhhhhh! Gog you are such meanies''
Post edited April 16, 2018 by Tauto
initialpresence: Breakfast must end late and lunch start early there. Maybe they start work in the afternoon.
Tauto: Shift workers.
Leroux: What do you mean "let go"? The ranting about disappointed expectations will go on for days, as always. XD
Tauto: Yes,I know but one can only hope.I suppose it will be a thread changed to.........''I didn't get anything,wahhhhhh! Gog you are such meanies''
Thats a tad unfair, not all of us complain about not getting something for free. My main concern with this is that it will only be for certain groups, such as Twitch users - which has previously happened - or something like that.
I also think the "free" part has been blown out of proportion. Its most likely a bigish release maybe Skyrim - which fulfills 15k amount of peoples "whishes" on the community wishlist.
finkleroy: ...
Lexor: I'm not using twitter, but just got the email with similar info.
Yeah me too. This is what it said:

ONE MORE THING...

We'll be granting thousands of wishes to active GOG.COM members on Monday, April 16. Awesome, right? We're not mind readers though, so, you know...
(START YOUR WISHLIST)
1mikey1: What if I only have one game in my wishlist? :P
They said:
We're granting thousands of wishes to GOG users for #free!
not:
We're granting all wishes to GOG users for #free!
GOG has much more users than "thousands" so it is obvious for me that not all of them are going to be happy.
only time will tell.....
Tauto: Shift workers.

Yes,I know but one can only hope.I suppose it will be a thread changed to.........''I didn't get anything,wahhhhhh! Gog you are such meanies''
nightcraw1er.488: Thats a tad unfair, not all of us complain about not getting something for free. My main concern with this is that it will only be for certain groups, such as Twitch users - which has previously happened - or something like that.
I also think the "free" part has been blown out of proportion. Its most likely a bigish release maybe Skyrim - which fulfills 15k amount of peoples "whishes" on the community wishlist.
It wasn't aimed at all but the ingrates that do cry,fowl.I couldn't care less if it was only for Twitch or any other outside Site as we do alright for freebies here and WE are not that special as some of them think......Skyrim,are you mad?:)
Does Shadowhand has any chance to get into gift pool?

Anyway, we will find out in an hour.
Post edited April 16, 2018 by BeatriceElysia
Whatever happens, it was fun going through GOG's catalog over the weekend and seeing what was available. ^_^

Even if the entries on our lists never 'gain their freedom', the maintainers of this site know what's popular with its many users/fans.

(Hint: Two entries that *weren't* added to my wishlist were Cuphead & A Hat In Time, games that, if what I've read is true, will be well worth paying full price for.

Independence (particularly in game development) is a cause worth supporting/fighting for.