It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I really don't get all this negativity spreading around. I mean okay, it's kinda interesting to speculate about how exactly this is gonna work but seriously? Even if I'm not getting a free game but others do since they're more "active" or whatever, I wouldn't really be disappointed. As I already read here, GOG doesn't owe us anything. So just fill your whishlists or leave them where they are, play all the other games you already got in the meantime and just wait for monday and you'll see what you get. You don't even have to do anything for that, right? Would be something else to like this and that page on Facebook or follow some other stuff on Twitter and whatnot, just to get a slightly higher chance in the game, but they just want us to fill in our wishlists (which most of us have already done anyway).

And who says "no" to sales anyway... ;)
Post edited April 15, 2018 by GenerationLost
It would be nice to get a gift, even the smallest one :)
zeogold: I feel bad about not letting you guys know about this earlier, but in regards to this, it seems Yogscast even got involved with a temporary first-come, first-served giveaway of their own. It's over now, but it had some pretty good stuff coming out
Oh, thank you Zeo for letting us know that we missed a GA lol -_-'
Im late for party, just as always. Anyway - I think, my personal opinion wont hurt anybody.

Such a massive giveaway is booth good and bad thing. Good - coz, damn, its free games! Bad - coz, as downvoted person on 1st page said, it way often leads to something awfull (coz, if its not something, developer does to increase its playerbase - then its not that free, just somebody else pay for that. At this point - GoG). Hopefully this time it wont be the case.

But, speaking of awfull things that could happen - personally, I think that, due to recent changes, related to steam's privacy settings, GoG may get rid of connect. So - they could just make "encore" with all gog connect games, available to link in past. But thats just my personal thoughs, based on recent events - dont hurt me for that.

Again - hopefully, this giveaway will be just giveaway and not a sign of something else. Some people are just a bit paranoid, when it comes to sudden free things
I'm guessing that they are doing this giveaway for one thing..... Exposure.

With the stranglehold Steam has on the PC market you need to go all out to get attention, and then you need to go even further since there are so many Steam users who won't touch anything if they have to venture outside of the Steam store, even if that stuff is free (No Steam = No sale was a big thing for quite some time).

Hopefully this giveaway will bring more concurrent users over to GOG and then they can use the increased traffic to convince developers and publishers that have been hesitant to come to GOG to make the plunge.
Gekko_Dekko: [...]Some people are just a bit paranoid, when it comes to sudden free things
I can actually agree on that... Not so long ago I wrote to the Activision support bc I wanted to use my own USB Mic to use with Guitar Hero and it didn't work bc it was just not compatible. I bought that mic long ago for recording and stuff, didn't buy it just for the game. Anyway they just wanted my phone number and address so they could ship me a free mic that would work with the game and at first I was like "whoa hey there, are you fo real?" In the end I gave them my personal information and yes, they were fo real. Within a week I had my free microphone, just like that.
wolfsite: I'm guessing that they are doing this giveaway for one thing..... Exposure.

With the stranglehold Steam has on the PC market you need to go all out to get attention, and then you need to go even further since there are so many Steam users who won't touch anything if they have to venture outside of the Steam store, even if that stuff is free (No Steam = No sale was a big thing for quite some time).

Hopefully this giveaway will bring more concurrent users over to GOG and then they can use the increased traffic to convince developers and publishers that have been hesitant to come to GOG to make the plunge.
This is the final nail then. You could just be content in your niche instead of wanting to become steams little brother.
Maybe they just want more money.

I'm down for more cash.
Post edited April 15, 2018 by pkk234
low rated
tfishell: ...
We get it, you don't like GOG, but you're being such a whiny obnoxious crymanbaby who can't move on and has to bitch and be negative constantly like a broken record. Just go to Steam, Origin, uPlay and co. and fuck off already.

(And there goes any chance I'd ever have a getting a game at GOG but whatever :P)
wow! looks like someone can't deal with reality!

just calm down and listen to the spider song

for the whiny little pricks who try to censor posts, when they can't deal with the content, here's my post #128:

any ideas, what good news will be announced by gog on monday??

my guess is galaxy becomes finally mandatory and gog expands its business into the "make fuel out of puppies in a very cruel way" market!
wolfsite: I'm guessing that they are doing this giveaway for one thing..... Exposure.

AlienMind: This is the final nail then. You could just be content in your niche instead of wanting to become steams little brother.
The problem here though is that in business you need to grow, you can't just stay the same because then you stagnate and die. The big selling point of GOG when it first started was that it was one of the few, if not only, places to legally acquire classic PC games with little or no work on the user side to get running, but now you can get a good chunk of these old games on other sites like Steam (many of them using to wrapper that GOG created to get them running).

If they just stayed the same then there user base would shrink because they would figure any releases on GOG would end up on Steam anyway so no point in using GOG. Fewer people means less revenue they get to work on the site and to hire people to work on getting more troublesome games running and so on

So GOG needs to grow and add more software to get more people to use there site so they can show these other publishers that releasing there games on GOG is not a wasted effort.
finkleroy: ...........

-We're granting thousands of wishes to GOG users for #free!
-The most wishlisted games will get super cheap!
finkleroy:
I'm not gonna read all 8 pages to see if this has been mentioned, but to me it does not mean free games. When you put the sentences together, it just means they will be super cheap for free. And it will only apply to those games with the most wishlist votes ... or on most members wishlists.

Anyway, just a few hours away now, so we will see.

And perhaps I will make 500 games from GOG in one year by the end of the month ... less than 30 to go. ;)
Post edited April 15, 2018 by Timboli
I am happy to hear GOG will be giving thousands of games to GOG users who have games on their wishlists

I don't know what is the definition of "active user" though.
finkleroy: ...........

I'm not gonna read all 8 pages to see if this has been mentioned, but to me it does not mean free games. When you put the sentences together, it just means they will be super cheap for free. And it will only apply to those games with the most wishlist votes ... or on most members wishlists.
Timboli:
That certainly would be weirdly worded though. Discounts on GOG and Steam usually are for free. I mean what should be the alternative? "You get a discount but it will cost you extra"?
Post edited April 15, 2018 by teleguy
deleted
Look what i found from the " old " days :

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-OmCLM_wtAag/T20zgGH9bGI/AAAAAAAACvY/6JG7T3A_b_s/s1600/gog1.png

https://www.gog.com/forum/general_archive/gogcom_landmark_12_million_worth_of_free_games_given_away/page1
Post edited April 15, 2018 by i_hope_you_rot