It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

"Active users" is open to such interpretation. Made a purchase in the last week? Spent more than $20 in the past month? Plays through GOG Galaxy?

I pray it's not the last one....I have never gotten that thing to work consistently, so I never use it. If that's going to be part of their criteria, I say fix the damn thing first!
Taffer_42: "Active users" is open to such interpretation. Made a purchase in the last week? Spent more than $20 in the past month? Plays through GOG Galaxy?

I pray it's not the last one....I have never gotten that thing to work consistently, so I never use it. If that's going to be part of their criteria, I say fix the damn thing first!
It was making my games take twice as long to run so I uninstalled it, so I hope it's not that.

Either way, I do love GOG and this looks like it might be the start of the Spring Sale. Maybe, just MAYBE, it'll be an insomnia sale.
Taffer_42: "Active users" is open to such interpretation. Made a purchase in the last week? Spent more than $20 in the past month? Plays through GOG Galaxy?

I wouldn't think it would be the requirement to play through Galaxy. It's optional, after all. Why would they exclude people who exercise the choice they were willingly given by GOG? Hell if I know how they define "active users" though :P
"Active user" might be members who follow GOG on facebook, twitter, twitch, etc. Which would count me out; I don;t do the social media stuff.
finkleroy: GOG tweeted that they will grant thousands of items on users' wishlists for free on Monday, so now's the perfect time to make sure yours is in order! Here's the entire tweet:

Many out of ten gamers agree: a healthy wishlist means a happy lifestyle. Especially on Monday. Here's why:
-We're granting thousands of wishes to GOG users for #free!
-The most wishlisted games will get super cheap!

Awesome, right? But we're not mind readers, so you know... (START YOUR WISHLIST)
finkleroy:
so i dont get it do u have 2 have the games on ur wishlist 2 getem 4free or r they just the most populor wish list games
cheap 4 everybody

they are phar king mental they tweet something in a totlally vague tweet instead of making it a clear message that shouold b posted here

i mean wtf? WTF!!!?
Post edited April 15, 2018 by soxy_lady

yea-it would be VERY nice to find out what defines a active user. Steam for example defines a active account as one that has spent a minimum $5 in a YEAR (value may vary from currency to currency though). If GOG uses Steam's definition of active, then we got a lot of users elegible
The easiest way to find who's active or not might be to check who's used the cloud save function?
Ultimately Galaxy usage imo.
pkk234: The easiest way to find who's active or not might be to check who's used the cloud save function?
whos active is who buys games unless gog r as mental as i think they r
pkk234: The easiest way to find who's active or not might be to check who's used the cloud save function?
I think it should be as Digital_CHE said, that Active Members are the users who make purchases often on the page.
Post edited April 15, 2018 by Sjuan
I don't know why I didn't think of that, but yea that's way more logical lol
high rated
SCPM: the alien robots from War of the Worlds taken from here:
http://ryanchurch.com/war-of-the-worlds/
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/jeff_waynes_the_war_of_the_worlds confirmed! :P
apehater: so any ideas, what good news will be announced by gog on monday??

my guess is galaxy becomes finally mandatory and gog expands its business into the "make fuel out of puppies in a very cruel way" market!
We get it, you don't like GOG, but you're being such a whiny obnoxious crymanbaby who can't move on and has to bitch and be negative constantly like a broken record. Just go to Steam, Origin, uPlay and co. and fuck off already.

(And there goes any chance I'd ever have a getting a game at GOG but whatever :P)
Post edited April 15, 2018 by tfishell
Will be interesting to find out how they work out the actie users. If on social media i am screwed :)
My wish is to add Broken Sword 6 to my list;)
I understand, that active users are those who got the mail. It does not make sense to advertise this promotion to people who will not participate.
I wonder when will Gog reward us old users who joined in 2008-2009 .
Post edited April 15, 2018 by i_hope_you_rot