It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I suppose I've already used all my chances, but why not guess once more:
Winter Sale is starting today, 2 PM UTC.

(:
Attachments:
66806969.jpg (234 Kb)
This might not be the best spot to ask, but since it's about sales forecasts and whatnot, it seems to fit.

Hasn't it been awfully long since the last time the Tex Murphy games went on sale? I had the first 2, but I was a bit disappointed by the gameplay, so I thought I'd skip for the "first FMV game" in the series. I didn't want to spend a lot considering how I wasn't won over by the originals, hence waiting for a sale. Still, I feel like I have been waiting forever for a discount, is there a reason I don't know for this?
Post edited December 13, 2021 by mdqp
Added Winter Sale 2021 to the first post.

mdqp: Hasn't it been awfully long since the last time the Tex Murphy games went on sale?
Last time in April and in January before (click)...
Some games are discounted twice a month (at some point we had months of rolling Paradox games' discounts, recently Daedalic catalogue is discounted very often) and some not.
ciemnogrodzianin: Last time in April and in January before (click)...
Some games are discounted twice a month (at some point we had months of rolling Paradox games' discounts, recently Daedalic catalogue is discounted very often) and some not.
I see. I guess I'll just have to wait, or maybe buy one and see if I should refund it or not (they aren't expensive, after all, I am just doubtful). Thanks!
SCPM: I think it's Kaer Morhen from the Witcher games.
Thanks! Reminds me I still haven't played the second one that I got a while ago :/. It is nice banner art.
2021 has finally come to the end. So it is time to update the list with future sales dates :-)
For me it would be also nice to summarize all of the giveaways, which were issued by GOG team so far, what do you think?
t.symonides: 2021 has finally come to the end. So it is time to update the list with future sales dates :-)
For me it would be also nice to summarize all of the giveaways, which were issued by GOG team so far, what do you think?
Ad 1 - I'll add the future sales' dates as soon as I know them. Which means, well, probably when they actually happen :D "Predicting is very difficult, especially if it's about the future" ;)
AD 2 - thanks to enormous work of @Startrail (thank you!) we've already got this thread.
Two larger than usual sales in a week, I predict the spring sale starting on Monday the 21st. Looks like the spring sale has been two weeks long the past couple of years, that would put the end date at April 4, although it was shorter in earlier years. Seems like there has been something about this time for the past eight years so it seems very likely there will be something on Monday.
joveian: Two larger than usual sales in a week, I predict the spring sale starting on Monday the 21st. Looks like the spring sale has been two weeks long the past couple of years, that would put the end date at April 4, although it was shorter in earlier years. Seems like there has been something about this time for the past eight years so it seems very likely there will be something on Monday.
It makes sense that they want to get one last major sale in before the end of the financial quarter, and as you say there is a historical precedent. :)
Oh, indeed, it looks it's time for Spring Sale.
I only wonder if international situation, currency rates etc. may have some impact on such plans and events. We've got huge price changes recently due to that, price matrix was changing week by week. And still not sure if launching such event is ok with war and all its dramas in a neighboring country...
I hope you guys are right and the spring sale will start today .
ciemnogrodzianin: Oh, indeed, it looks it's time for Spring Sale.
I only wonder if international situation, currency rates etc. may have some impact on such plans and events. We've got huge price changes recently due to that, price matrix was changing week by week. And still not sure if launching such event is ok with war and all its dramas in a neighboring country...
Business is business ! GOG may reorganize the Spring Sale with donations to Ukraine or Ukrainian devs, but I doubt it will delay it or cancel it.
maybe the sale starts at 10am EST? (assuming it happens)
Post edited March 21, 2022 by tfishell
So – here we are – 2-weeks-long GOG Games Festival is starting today.
Shouldn't the "We Love Games" sale in February count as a major sale? It started Feb. 14 and went through... Feb 21 it looks like. They had special artwork, so seems like it should count :).