It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Lifthrasil: Why?
nmillar: You've said yourself that we're at MYLO, so if there's anything to share, now is the time.
Sure, but what was your theory when prodding him? Did you think he's a PR that needed prodding to share their results? Or did you think you had caught Scum at something?
nmillar: You've said yourself that we're at MYLO, so if there's anything to share, now is the time.
Lifthrasil: Sure, but what was your theory when prodding him? Did you think he's a PR that needed prodding to share their results? Or did you think you had caught Scum at something?
I was hoping that prodding would at least give us some clue as to what the obvious breadcrumbs were (same method he used in the previous game), but as I pointed out in the post, the use of S is too generic as it could represent Scum or Slytherin, which almost gives him free reign to claim the one that suits his purpose at some later stage.

The fact he's been so dismissive about it, means he's leaning scum in my opinion. It could also be a message to his scum buddies following the night phase. Strange that the crumb on day 2 references a player beginning with G, and a player beginning with G is subject to the NK, especially considering gogtrial has now flipped a power role. This seems like a message to scum buddies that G should be subject to the NK the following night in case Catte was the one lynched and would not be able to communicate this during the night phase.

Also, the fact that he's used G, and nothing else to distinguish between GH and gogtrial would suggest the other G is on the mafia team.

So, Catte, GH and one other for me at this stage.
my name is magike catte: I don't work on sundays.
Still, you both get on and post around the same time on BOTH D2 and D3? Maybe it's is coincidence and one of you is town, but it's still a bit hard for me to believe.

my name is magike catte: Nope. In fact, I can see how one might think you were stalling. We now know blotunga wasn't scum, but at the time I could have easily believed you were scum being reluctant to bus.
Even if town players thought that and if Vitek is/was town, why not wait the 10 minutes & see if I hammered first?

There was time left even after my stated 10 minutes for Vitek to hammer, and he was online and likely would be until then....so there was no real reason, even if I was stalling, to not wait and see what happened re: my stated intent to hammer.

Heck, he could've put me in an even more suspicious light if he had waited the 10 minutes & I hadn't voted even then......thus making me an even more likely suspect for some.

(Above is NOT a vote)

my name is magike catte: Witch, you might be! I just meant that we can't necessarily deduce it from that because of the bottomless pit of WIFOM.
Well, we have to deduce something.....we cannot afford to make more mistakes(if we are at mylo).

my name is magike catte: Well it doesn't necessarily follow that if you hammered you'd be suspected for it.
Combined with my poor vote timing and choice on D1 it would've.

So again: Why didn't Vitek wait the 10 minutes, then hammer if I hadn't, and make me more suspect if he is town and truly suspects me?

my name is magike catte: cattes are notoriously self-centred.
Offtopic: Tell me about it....I have a couple at home(cats, not cattes) and they act that way a good portion of the time.

my name is magike catte: Hmm.
To elaborate: They had (iirc) stated as a reply to me and my suspicion of Lift (in part for not taking notes) that they also had not taken notes, and that I should suspect them somehow as well by their interpretation of my logic.

my name is magike catte: Sure it's possible. But possible and likely aren't close to being the same thing. If it's a random possibility, how could you possibly draw any kind of meaning from it?
I take all possibilities, no matter how small, into account when building a suspects list. Yes, they are still somewhat weighted & gauged by their likelihood, but I don't just outright or near outright dismiss things based on them being less likely.

my name is magike catte: I don't know if I'd call it fishing necessarily, that feels like unnecessary shading.
You call it shading, I call it pointing out a suspicion.

(Bump needed)
Lifthrasil: This line of reasoning doesn't make much sense. Suspecting someone for kill-stealing is a very strange reason.
As I said, it was more that he couldn't seemingly wait 10 minutes to see if I hammered first...when we had time for another such as Vitek to do so even after my stated 10 minutes.

Also I was hopign Blotunga would post some leans(their suspects especially)......iirc Vitek said Blotunga was offline at or around the hammer, even though Blotunga showed up a short time after...proving they were still here, or at least still able to get back in time to post something.

Had the 10 minutes I asked for gone without someone else hammering, Blotunga might've had more time to give us those lists I and (iirc) others asked for....that and everything I mentioned make me suspect that Vitek is scum, or at least non-town.

Lifthrasil: However, you pick up on the entirely wrong reason for your suspicion. Again. Which makes me wonder again if this is usual GH-anti-logic or whether there is intent behind it.
1. As I said, it shouldn't matter what I pick up on as long as I hone in on scum.

2. There is intent......I am trying to make a more serious go of this game as it is during my birthday month, and I also try a bit harder in each new game I play as well.

Lifthrasil: But yes, the fact that Vitek felt the need to hammer right away even though he was around for the remaining minutes is a bit anti Town. He wrote that blotunga was offline at the time. Can anyone confirm that?
I remember Blotunga showed up a short bit after the hammer, so he was either here or able to get back in time....hence why I (in part) suspect Vitek as being scum or at least non-town.

Lifthrasil: No, not if that other player could be scum and therefore there was no reason to trust that player's announcement. Keep in mind: all others have to see you as potential scum. Hell, maybe you ARE scum and were trying to 'accidentally' let the Day end in a no-lynch?
As said above: Even with my 10 minutes delay we would've still had around 15 more minutes for someone else to hammer if need be & I hadn't hammered for some odd reason. Vitek was here so he could've easily waited and hammered if I hadn't by then.

Lifthrasil: Is that the reason you are so irked about the 'kill stealing'? In any case, as I and others have said before, if you are Town, that is a really strange thing to take as a scum read. You contradict your own reasoning.
I admit I was somewhat miffed(a small bit) because I couldn't post the post I had made for the hammer(complete with link....I posted it anyways, although it wasn't counted), but I was much more suspicious for the reasons I stated above.

Lifthrasil: If you are not Scum, would you please explain to me what your conclusion from the 'no wagon on you' observation was? I mean, you probably did not mention that observation to make a point against yourself. So what WAS your point?
I feel that it is likely my reads are at least partially spot on, OR that scum lynching me or NKing me would somehow harm or out scum.

I mean, why else would they not push for my lynch or NK me?

Well, I guess there is a slim chance i'm tunneling on the wrong players and helping them more by staying alive as town.
(Aside: If that's the case that's gonna suck to find out at end of game...even after I tried a bit more this game)
nmillar: ...
OK. In that way it actually makes sense. If you suspected Catte of code-communicating results to scum-buddies (assuming they don't have Daychat), your prodding is sensible. Because otherwise, prodding someone one assumes to be a Town-PR who chooses not to reveal that they are a PR yet, would indeed be role-fishing.

But IF you are on to something and Catte is communicating through capitalizations, then it would be quite unlikely that he communicates something like "... is scum" - because he himself would be scum then and therefore he would already know the other scum. As would they. So the Caps would have to mean something else. Or nothing at all and they were just random capitalized words. For whatever reason. (If Catte were German, I could guess a reason. We like to capitalize things. But he isn't.)

GymHenson: I feel that it is likely my reads are at least partially spot on, OR that scum lynching me or NKing me would somehow harm or out scum.

I mean, why else would they not push for my lynch or NK me?

Well, I guess there is a slim chance i'm tunneling on the wrong players and helping them more by staying alive as town.
Yep. That's basically the only alternative explanation to you being Scum. If Scum want to keep you around, you either are one of them or you are useful to them. In shorter words: either you are Scum, or you are wrong. Something to think about.

Let's assume that you are wrong enough that Scum would want to keep Town!you around: who are your strongest Town reads? Maybe it's worth to take a scrutinizing look at players that you wouldn't want to vote for.
Lifthrasil: Yep. That's basically the only alternative explanation to you being Scum. If Scum want to keep you around, you either are one of them or you are useful to them. In shorter words: either you are Scum, or you are wrong. Something to think about.
One other explanation: I am somewhat right, and they don't want people scrutinizing my suspects, so they didn't push for my lynch or NK me....that is also a possibility.

Lifthrasil: Let's assume that you are wrong enough that Scum would want to keep Town!you around: who are your strongest Town reads? Maybe it's worth to take a scrutinizing look at players that you wouldn't want to vote for.
I don't have any atm, tbh.....or at least haven't been focusing on "verifying town" (to myself I mean) as much as trying to find scum.

(Did think of one example, albeit not a useful one atm: I did not much want to lynch Trent and had a feeling he might be town more than scum, but I didn't want a nolynch as I figured better players would do more of that wagon analysis people talk about)

If your theory holds water, though, it could be anyone not on my list....so anyone except: Nmillar/Vitek/Dedo/Catte/Yourself
EBWOP.....I had another thought:

What if I am doing well in my scum reads, and scum aren't pushing (subtly or not so subtly) for my lynch or NKing me so that people will either assume i'm as wrong as I often am(due to my play style/etc) or assume that I am scum?

(If that's the case, the scum players wouldn't need to worry if i'm right as few normally listen to my reads in these games anyways)
my name is magike catte: I don't work on sundays.
GymHenson: Still, you both get on and post around the same time on BOTH D2 and D3? Maybe it's is coincidence and one of you is town, but it's still a bit hard for me to believe.
I still don't understand what you're getting at. You've observed that we both came online at the same time, but you haven't given any kind of reason why that might mean something?

You've gone:
1. Seen coming online at the same time.
2. ????
3. Probably scum

You haven't told us what ???? is.

my name is magike catte: Nope. In fact, I can see how one might think you were stalling. We now know blotunga wasn't scum, but at the time I could have easily believed you were scum being reluctant to bus.
GymHenson: Even if town players thought that and if Vitek is/was town, why not wait the 10 minutes & see if I hammered first?

There was time left even after my stated 10 minutes for Vitek to hammer, and he was online and likely would be until then....so there was no real reason, even if I was stalling, to not wait and see what happened re: my stated intent to hammer.

Heck, he could've put me in an even more suspicious light if he had waited the 10 minutes & I hadn't voted even then......thus making me an even more likely suspect for some.

(Above is NOT a vote)
Well I don't know. I'm not going to go out of my way to defend Vitek and put excuses in his mouth, but I just don't see it as "obvious scum move". I'll let you have this conversation with Vitek and draw my own conclusions from what you both have to say.

my name is magike catte: Witch, you might be! I just meant that we can't necessarily deduce it from that because of the bottomless pit of WIFOM.
GymHenson: Well, we have to deduce something.....we cannot afford to make more mistakes(if we are at mylo).
It does seem likely that we're at MYLO. As I said, you might be right.

my name is magike catte: Well it doesn't necessarily follow that if you hammered you'd be suspected for it.
GymHenson: Combined with my poor vote timing and choice on D1 it would've.

So again: Why didn't Vitek wait the 10 minutes, then hammer if I hadn't, and make me more suspect if he is town and truly suspects me?
See above.

my name is magike catte: Hmm.
GymHenson: To elaborate: They had (iirc) stated as a reply to me and my suspicion of Lift (in part for not taking notes) that they also had not taken notes, and that I should suspect them somehow as well by their interpretation of my logic.
So you diligently added them to your scum list per their request? Ok.

my name is magike catte: Sure it's possible. But possible and likely aren't close to being the same thing. If it's a random possibility, how could you possibly draw any kind of meaning from it?
GymHenson: I take all possibilities, no matter how small, into account when building a suspects list. Yes, they are still somewhat weighted & gauged by their likelihood, but I don't just outright or near outright dismiss things based on them being less likely.
Nor should you, but you seem to be putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5, so I'd like to know where the extra 1 is coming from.

my name is magike catte: I don't know if I'd call it fishing necessarily, that feels like unnecessary shading.
GymHenson: You call it shading, I call it pointing out a suspicion.

(Bump needed)
Fair enough. I didn't feel like it was fishing, I thought it was a relevant question to which I don't currently have an answer.

nmillar: ...
Lifthrasil: OK. In that way it actually makes sense. If you suspected Catte of code-communicating results to scum-buddies (assuming they don't have Daychat), your prodding is sensible. Because otherwise, prodding someone one assumes to be a Town-PR who chooses not to reveal that they are a PR yet, would indeed be role-fishing.

But IF you are on to something and Catte is communicating through capitalizations, then it would be quite unlikely that he communicates something like "... is scum" - because he himself would be scum then and therefore he would already know the other scum. As would they. So the Caps would have to mean something else. Or nothing at all and they were just random capitalized words. For whatever reason. (If Catte were German, I could guess a reason. We like to capitalize things. But he isn't.)
Hmm, I think nmillar might be onto something in the sense that it's possible that gogtrial might have been targeted because of the non-breadcrumb that Micro pointed out yesterday. If that's the case, I slightly suspect Micro as he's the only one who talked about it yesterday (but that doesn't mean much, scum could have seen it and not said anything).
Slightly more suspicious is the fact that they went for gogtrial, makes me wonder if GH is scum as nmillar speculates.
I'm here and catching up.
my name is magike catte: I still don't understand what you're getting at. You've observed that we both came online at the same time, but you haven't given any kind of reason why that might mean something?

You've gone:
2. ????
3. Probably scum

Step/Part 2: Seen coming online again at the same time, at the start of a second game "day", and both times in a very short window of time.

Also Step/Part 3 should be: "A bit odd...maybe an indicator of one or both being scum"

my name is magike catte: Well I don't know. I'm not going to go out of my way to defend Vitek and put excuses in his mouth, but I just don't see it as "obvious scum move". I'll let you have this conversation with Vitek and draw my own conclusions from what you both have to say.
Fair enough.

That said, you might want to read post 834, as it might apply here with Vitek.
(Essentially: Vitek, if scum, might be trying to make my reads look unreliable or shade me...if that theory/idea is true)

my name is magike catte: It does seem likely that we're at MYLO. As I said, you might be right.
So then why aren't many voting and getting claims out of people to help find scum?

I mean sure, that's likely not a good idea on D1 or so(might possibly break the game somehow or whatnot early on), but it is now D3 and we have little time to mess around.

That said, are you in agreement with this strategy or no?

If no, then why?

If yes, are you willing to help me with this strategy? Also if yes, who should we focus on first?

(As for me: my suspects list are already who I would like to claim....those who haven't yet, that is)

Essentially, we CAN NOT let ourselves be caught with our pants down and wait until deadline to get someone to claim again if we plan on trying to win.

my name is magike catte: So you diligently added them to your scum list per their request? Ok.
Lift was already on it(albeit little4 suspicion then, and less so now). Dedo seemed to oddly be fixated on "defending" Lift's not taking notes with some odd (to me) mental gymnastics, and he IIRC he also focused a bit on Blotunga on D2.

my name is magike catte: Nor should you, but you seem to be putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5, so I'd like to know where the extra 1 is coming from.
I already explained most of my hunches as best I can...dunno what else to add atm.

(As I said, due to it being hard for me to put some concepts into the proper words I either express them wrongly or choose not to...now combine that with my spotty memory and lax note taking, and its oft a recipe for disaster re: me playing mafia as town.

This is partially why I have been taking more notes as of late.....although even so I likely should've taken more)

my name is magike catte: Fair enough. I didn't feel like it was fishing, I thought it was a relevant question to which I don't currently have an answer.
Also fair enough...though I would like it on record that I still find it suspicious(on Nmillar's part), if only just a bit.

my name is magike catte: Hmm, I think nmillar might be onto something in the sense that it's possible that gogtrial might have been targeted because of the non-breadcrumb that Micro pointed out yesterday. If that's the case, I slightly suspect Micro as he's the only one who talked about it yesterday (but that doesn't mean much, scum could have seen it and not said anything).
Slightly more suspicious is the fact that they went for gogtrial, makes me wonder if GH is scum as nmillar speculates.
If I was scum I have scum tells that have carried across several games where I was scum. Won't mention them as I don't want players to know them if i'm ever scum in a future game, but they are there.

That said, i'd more then be willing to be the first to claim if we(all players or the majority) go with my plan above....heck, I might even claim without having a wagon on me.

Anything to prevent us from screwing up yet again.
my name is magike catte: I still don't understand what you're getting at. You've observed that we both came online at the same time, but you haven't given any kind of reason why that might mean something?

You've gone:
2. ????
3. Probably scum

GymHenson: Step/Part 2: Seen coming online again at the same time, at the start of a second game "day", and both times in a very short window of time.

Also Step/Part 3 should be: "A bit odd...maybe an indicator of one or both being scum"
Well you're still missing a step either way.

Let me rewrite it using your words:
2. Seen coming online again at the same time.
3. ????
4. A bit odd...maybe an indicator of one or both being scum

Why? What's step 3?

my name is magike catte: Well I don't know. I'm not going to go out of my way to defend Vitek and put excuses in his mouth, but I just don't see it as "obvious scum move". I'll let you have this conversation with Vitek and draw my own conclusions from what you both have to say.
GymHenson: Fair enough.

That said, you might want to read post 834, as it might apply here with Vitek.
(Essentially: Vitek, if scum, might be trying to make my reads look unreliable or shade me...if that theory/idea is true)
Duly noted.

my name is magike catte: It does seem likely that we're at MYLO. As I said, you might be right.
GymHenson: So then why aren't many voting and getting claims out of people to help find scum?

I mean sure, that's likely not a good idea on D1 or so(might possibly break the game somehow or whatnot early on), but it is now D3 and we have little time to mess around.

That said, are you in agreement with this strategy or no?

If no, then why?

If yes, are you willing to help me with this strategy? Also if yes, who should we focus on first?

(As for me: my suspects list are already who I would like to claim....those who haven't yet, that is)

Essentially, we CAN NOT let ourselves be caught with our pants down and wait until deadline to get someone to claim again if we plan on trying to win.
Honestly? I'm thinking you, Micro and possible Vitek or nmillar.

my name is magike catte: So you diligently added them to your scum list per their request? Ok.
GymHenson: Lift was already on it(albeit little4 suspicion then, and less so now). Dedo seemed to oddly be fixated on "defending" Lift's not taking notes with some odd (to me) mental gymnastics, and he IIRC he also focused a bit on Blotunga on D2.
Ok.

my name is magike catte: Nor should you, but you seem to be putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5, so I'd like to know where the extra 1 is coming from.
GymHenson: I already explained most of my hunches as best I can...dunno what else to add atm.

(As I said, due to it being hard for me to put some concepts into the proper words I either express them wrongly or choose not to...now combine that with my spotty memory and lax note taking, and its oft a recipe for disaster re: me playing mafia as town.

This is partially why I have been taking more notes as of late.....although even so I likely should've taken more)
It's mostly your fixation with me and nmillar showing up that I can't get my head around. Perhaps someone else has understood your reasoning and can explain it for me, but to me you're making a logical leap that I simply can't see the reasoning for.

my name is magike catte: Fair enough. I didn't feel like it was fishing, I thought it was a relevant question to which I don't currently have an answer.
GymHenson: Also fair enough...though I would like it on record that I still find it suspicious(on Nmillar's part), if only just a bit.
I'm pretty sure the entire game is on record. ;P

my name is magike catte: Hmm, I think nmillar might be onto something in the sense that it's possible that gogtrial might have been targeted because of the non-breadcrumb that Micro pointed out yesterday. If that's the case, I slightly suspect Micro as he's the only one who talked about it yesterday (but that doesn't mean much, scum could have seen it and not said anything).
GymHenson: If I was scum I have scum tells that have carried across several games where I was scum. Won't mention them as I don't want players to know them if i'm ever scum in a future game, but they are there.

That said, i'd more then be willing to be the first to claim if we(all players or the majority) go with my plan above....heck, I might even claim without having a wagon on me.

Anything to prevent us from screwing up yet again.
Whatever you feel like. I don't think I'd be opposed to you claiming earlier.
my name is magike catte: Well you're still missing a step either way.

Let me rewrite it using your words:
2. Seen coming online again at the same time.
3. ????
4. A bit odd...maybe an indicator of one or both being scum

Why? What's step 3?
So, how does GH know we came online at the same time? Because he was also online at that time? Both times, I hasten to add, otherwise he has no way of knowing the timing of the posts.

Are you outing yourself as the third in our little tryst?
nmillar: So, how does GH know we came online at the same time? Because he was also online at that time? Both times, I hasten to add, otherwise he has no way of knowing the timing of the posts.

Are you outing yourself as the third in our little tryst?
Heh, that's a good point. If a tree comes online in a forest and no one is there to see it, is it still scum? Or something.
Vitek: Hm, Ravencalw with role. It explains why he was iffy about blotunga and his Ravenclaw musing about all of them being vanilla.
It does? How?

Lifthrasil: He wrote that blotunga was offline at the time. Can anyone confirm that?
I can't "confirm" as I don't know but it looked to me that blotunga made a quick appearance to post for what turned out to be the last time and then went away again. I have the online badges set to always on and I think his was inactive during the hammer. Not sure and that doesn't necessarily mean he wouldn't have come back but the way things went it was king of obvious he was going to get lynched so it's quite likely he didn't feel the need to come back.

Lifthrasil: Active scum is much more fun to play with.
Or as.

All caught up, unfortunately not a lot to add.

It seems only Micro is to make an appearance before we have everyone. Maybe he has something to point us in the right direction, maybe he doesn't. In case of the latter does anyone have a suggestion on how we should proceed?
my name is magike catte: I wish I had something to share.
You mean you had nothing at all to share? Why did you make it in first place?

GymHenson: It means exactly what it says....your wording in the middle bit of that post makes it seem like you don't seem so bothered that town is so close to losing.

Again: Is that the case or no...and if so, why is that?
You need to explain it more. What exactly in that posts reads to you like I am OK with losing?

dedoporno: It does? How?
In that he knew not all Ravenclaws are vanilla townies which seemed to be what blotunga was talking about. Not only he had blotunga's "trent was the same house as me so I shouldn't be voting him" we all had as illogical but he also knew the part about them being both Ravenclaw vanilla thus all Ravenclaw being vanilla townies and cleared was wrong.
I don't think it was driving force for gogtrial (it couldn't be as it came shortly before lynch) but it possibly made him more distrustful about it than others.

You mean this? So mafia took the GIS Micor pointed out inferred you are sharing something about gogtrial and decided to kill him because of it?
That doesn't seem too logical. Why wouldn't they kill you instead if it was the case?