It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

phaolo: If town allegedly prefers a D1 lynch, what about scum?
I think they'd go for it too (if against town), but I'm not too sure.

And if that's true, was there someone who swapped wagons too quickly, maybe on trent?
Well, scum have it convenient on D1. A no-lynch basically means a wasted Day 1 for Town. With Town starting with little information into D2. A mislynch means one less Townie. So they can afford to hold back, be careful not to be too eager to lynch, but appear to be contributing. Especially when the deadline is close the excuse: "I don't want to risk a no-lynch" is very convenient to join a mis-lynch wagon without appearing too eager. Because that's exactly what Townies will do too: join a wagon of which they aren't totally convinced because on D1 no Townie can be totally convinced of anything and risking a mislynch is better than risking a no-lynch on D1.

So, scum might be among those who were holding back, not contributing to trent's lynch. Or among those who reluctantly joined. I thing gogtrial, even though he was the driving force behind trent's lynch, is more or less cleared. I don't think Scum!gogtrial would have gone in so publicly and exposed himself in such a way with so much conviction just to drive a wagon on trent. If nmillar is Town, they would have been a more tempting target for Scum than trent was. ... Of course, if nmillar is Scum, that might be an explanation too why their train went nowhere.

Of course gogtrials conviction might be a big show, doing something that scum!gogtrial wouldn't do just to convince experienced players that he can't be scum. (that's 'WIFOM' again) But somehow I don't feel that. gogtrial's conviction that trent is scum seemed genuine, so I'm giving him a Town-pass for now.

I'll have to look at the others, but not on this weekend. I'm quite busy again and will have time to contribute a bit more on Monday.
blotunga: It might be WIFOM but maybe someone from Joe's voters found it misleading enough to NK him?
To be certain I get your meaning here, who do you mean when you say "someone from Joe's voters"?

gogtrial34987: Take me through your reasoning here? Why would nolynch have been preferable over trent's flip "in that particular instance"?
GymHenson: We'd have one more town to help find scum....albeit one who was possibly losing interest in the game...that's about it.
So... how is that different from any other mislynch instance? Do you not hold with the common belief that a mislynch on D1 is preferable over nolynch, or ...?

phaolo: I wonder if there's scum among those who voted trent or if townies completely scored an own goal -_-'
Do you really wonder that? Look at the wagons. Removing yourself and trent, there's exactly three players who didn't vote for trent: Catte and nmillar (both not voting anyone) and Micro (who was absent, and still voting Joe since way back when). How likely do you think it is that those three are the scum team?

phaolo: And if that's true, was there someone who swapped wagons too quickly, maybe on trent?
Any suspicions of your own on this?
gogtrial34987: Any suspicions of your own on this?
Well, I was asking others because it's a PITA to look for the posts.
Maybe someone can pass a link?
I probably should have taken notes about some events..

gogtrial34987: there's exactly three players who didn't vote for trent: Catte and nmillar (both not voting anyone) and Micro (who was absent, and still voting Joe since way back when). How likely do you think it is that those three are the scum team?
Catte and nmillar didn't partecipate very much overall, but D1 was also cut short.
They could be bad players or tricky scum.
Compared to others their position looks less good, but that's all.

I wish that people who partecipate in such games were more sure about their presence, so noone could use absence as a (boring) scum trick to avoid suspicions.
gogtrial34987: Any suspicions of your own on this?
phaolo: Well, I was asking others because it's a PITA to look for the posts.
Maybe someone can pass a link?
I probably should have taken notes about some events..
Going back and rereading is definitely a part of this game. Maybe not necessary for everyone, but for me, constantly.
Anyway, the votes on trent:
1. The wagon started with my vote #274. (Coming from Joe)
2. Blotunga joined me in #309. (Coming from nmillar)
3. Vitek was next, in #336. (Coming from phaolo)
4. Joe made an appearance in #367. (Coming from Microfish)
5. dedo followed hot on his heels in #369. (Coming from Lift)
6. GymHenson joined ~17 minutes later, in #370. (Coming from nmillar)
7. Lift hammered ~7 minutes after that, in #372. (Coming from dedo)

phaolo: I wish that people who partecipate in such games were more sure about their presence, so noone could use absence as a (boring) scum trick to avoid suspicions.
You can help with this by questioning those who're absent.
gogtrial34987: To be certain I get your meaning here, who do you mean when you say "someone from Joe's voters"?
I still haven't had time to re-read and re-think things but I do think there might be a chance that someone voting for Joe would NK him. It also might be WIFOM
gogtrial34987: So... how is that different from any other mislynch instance? Do you not hold with the common belief that a mislynch on D1 is preferable over nolynch, or ...?
Dunno how to answer this atm(head is aching due to a minor bump I sustained earlier IRL, and also not that good a player...even with me trying to do a bit better this game).

I will say this much, though: I was hoping with my vote and warning to others not to hammer that players would hold off for a bit, and then hopefully Trent would come on & give us their thoughts/reads & maybe give us something to work with so we could choose another lynch candidate before end of D1. But then what happened happened.

Now we have to make the best of this early game snafu and try to recover from it.
I'm not absent totally, just very busy and or stressful IRL days the last few and so have had little time to check (today, I ignored my computer between checking the weather in the AM and now post-10 PM)
Vote Count

Not voting - catte, Lift, GH, phaolo, nmillar, Micro, dedo, gogtrial, Vitek, blotunga

10 players. Takes 6 to lynch.
Microfish_1: I'm not absent totally, just very busy and or stressful IRL days the last few and so have had little time to check (today, I ignored my computer between checking the weather in the AM and now post-10 PM)
I for one hope you feel better(stress wise) soon. Until then I will drink a mug of butter beer in your honor. :)

+++++++++++

To the thread: Dang, no posts in near 14 hours exept for Micro and a minimalist vote list.
Is everyone on Mars or summin'? o.0

(I know, this post is also mostly fluff...but I have little to reply to without new posts to reply to :))
I came to apologise for my lack of posts but it seems like there are few posts from anyone...
my name is magike catte: I came to apologise for my lack of posts but it seems like there are few posts from anyone...
Well i'm usually here most times....for what that's worth, anyhoo.

Wanna play some gobstones perhaps while we wait for it to pick up in here? :)
I'm back. I'll do some reading and post something later.
I'm on holiday in Wales at the moment, so my contributions are going to be quite limited, particularly on days where we're out and about. Climbing Snowdon tomorrow, and doing the world's fastest zipline in Wednesday.
Vitek: What were they supposed to find misleading enough to NK him? That you got no scum vibe from him?
blotunga: Maybe others had the same read on him as I did. Besides, I only played with him a couple of times.
Well, I did find him less scummy than in other games. But I was rather considering if that means that he is scum, not as a sign that he is a PR. And I don't really get what you mean with misleading. I don't think that there is a correlation between Scum voting for someone and scum NKing someone. Or more precisely, any correlation that I can think of is heavily muddled by WIFOM. I get back to what I said earlier: usual reasons to NK someone would be that scum either sees someone as danger (PR, too clear reading of some of their members) or that the kill doesn't give Town much information. And I don't see Joe being hot on the tail of someone and also I don't see any hints that he had a PR. Do you?

Other than that, not much changed from Yesterday. nmillar is still off - but only from yesterday. Catte feels a bit off as well. But both are hardly present today due to RL. I'll reserve judgement to when they are back and have started to contribute again.

dedo ... still feels different. But that may be due to a combination of OMGUS and inattentiveness on my part, which escalated a simple misunderstanding. Still, it feels awkward not to be on the same wavelength with him! :-(

GH seems to be himself. Leaning Town for now. Phaolo seems to be trying to make sense of this game and I don't get any scum vibes from him either. Leaning Town too.
Lifthrasil: Phaolo seems to be trying to make sense of this game
Give me an example of what you consider him doing so?