It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Microfish_1: GH needs to give some opinions. ANYTHING that we can sink our teeth into and hold against him later ;P
I already did, tho.

1. I pointed out your posts(the one I pointed out, among others).

2. I pointed out how odd it was that NMillar dropped their vote on Catte, when there were only 2 votes on Catte at that time.

(Sidenote: Thanks for the comment in post 166 about taking my advice to heart)
-----------------

Musings for you and all other players: ALSO, oddly enough, NMillar then voted for me a bit later on.

Plus Catte never once responded about my vote on them.....make of that what you will, but to me it seems out of place.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

@ZFR-Post 156 and this line from it: "or, and I shudder to say it, add something like "this is not a vote" after the name."

Yay, my thing that I started got a mention. :D
gogtrial34987: And your contributions... are severely lacking.
I understand that you have nothing solid to base anything on. None of us do. But there's still plenty happening, and you can actively point out what of those things you like and dislike, and why.
Sorry, I guess it's my lurking nature lol.
I tend to partecipate only if there's something I really need to say (or if I'm tagged).

gogtrial34987: What do you make of trent's read and explanation? Any parts that ring true? Any parts that you dislike?
Maybe it's just me being a newbie, but I can't perceive your actions as pro-town.
Random accusations in D1 will just make everyone suspicious of anything. It won't help townies.
IMO you did so because:
-1 you just wanted to "spice up" things in D1 for fun, whatever the outcome.
-2 or because you're scum.
And I have no idea about what Trentonlf is, so his opinions about others are kinda moot for now.
Even if.. his phrase "I have no interest in voting gogtrial today" was a bit strange and scummy.

gogtrial34987: So we have two players questioning trent on his read, two finding his read scummy to some degree, one who is ambivalent
Ah, pointing discussions surely feels more pro-town, but it came after your suspicious start (to me) and it's focusing too much on trent for my tastes.

Btw Microfish's semi-concealed highlighted alphabet was weird.. it seemed like a failed (or trolling?) test to insert hidden messages. But.. it doesn't make sense as far as I know. Scum can freely communicate at night, right? And townies don't need secrecy.. or not? *scratches head*

Catte seemed annoyed for real, as far as I know.

Btw the various vote stacking (wagons?) that happened didn't seem that high to me to raise suspicions, frankly.
And I voted you because of your actions, not just because I followed others.
gogtrial34987: Is this solely based on the "speed" of the wagon, or on anything else?
The votes on Joe's wagon were blotunga (#10, RVS), catte (#20, RVS), microfish (#75, RVS, unaware of being 3rd), gogtrial (#77, serious). I wasn't actually aware my vote would be the 4th one (I'd seen micro's vote while pre-post reloading, but wasn't conscious of Joe having two previous RVS votes, rather than the customary one), but was okay with it being the 3rd, and knowledge of it being the 4th wouldn't have stopped me.
Mainly the speed, it's strange that neither you nor Micro knew where the wagon stood. But maybe I'm just reading too much into it.
Lifthrasil: You know what, nmillar, I'll give you the attention you crave:
Aww, you're just too kind. :)

gogtrial34987: Same questions for you! Any thoughts at all about trent's town-read of me?
It's a bit early to have any real town / scum reads on anyone in my opinion, but I know some people go with a general feeling on the content of people's posts. I prefer cold hard facts. Trent's town read could be construed as "buddying up", I suppose, but I do need to have a proper read of everything that's occurred so far, as you all seem to have left me behind in RVS.

GymHenson: ALSO, oddly enough, NMillar then voted for me a bit later on.
Not sure if you're being serious here, as I clearly used OMGUS in that vote ... I'm also not a fan of the capitalisation you've put into my name. Have you got the loaves of bread out already?
Microfish_1: @Lift I didn't realize that FOSs looke scummy, and have used them in basically every game since i learned of them for times when i suspect someone but don't have enough concrete proof to vote.
And I think I have stated several times that using FOS is a scummy move. Or at least it is a move that can easily be used by scum to fake activity and is unnecessary for Town.

Lifthrasil: @dedo: does that matter? That's not how chance works. Someone is neither more nor less likely to be scum, just because he rarely was scum before. I know you didn't imply any such correlation. But since there is none: why ask?
GymHenson: Why ask anything as town? To get more info/responses(or lack thereof) to help find scum.
That is such a platitude that it means next to nothing. Also it's a funny inversion: you criticize my asking of a question by saying that asking questions is good. So, which is it?

Lifthrasil: You know what, nmillar, I'll give you the attention you crave:
nmillar: Aww, you're just too kind. :)
You're welcome.

nmillar: Not sure if you're being serious here, as I clearly used OMGUS in that vote ... I'm also not a fan of the capitalisation you've put into my name. Have you got the loaves of bread out already?
What? I don't understand this allusion to bread. What's that about? Some pun I am missing?

phaolo: Btw Microfish's semi-concealed highlighted alphabet was weird.. it seemed like a failed (or trolling?) test to insert hidden messages. But.. it doesn't make sense as far as I know. Scum can freely communicate at night, right? And townies don't need secrecy.. or not? *scratches head*
Usually Scum have a Night-Chat, yes. Sometimes they even have a Day-Chat that is always open. In the end, that's a balancing decision by the mod. An always open Day-Chat makes the Scum-faction more powerful, since they can coordinate their posts. But Townies do need some secrecy. Power Roles should be kept hidden until it becomes important that they reveal themselves. E.g. a Cop needs to do his investigations without being killed by Scum until he finds something. Once he finds Scum, he will usually reveal himself and say that he found someone.
But some players try breadcrumbing their roles beforehand, to 'proove' later, that their claim wasn't made up on the fly. Breadcrumbing means leaving hidden clues. For example sentences, whose first letters form some word. Or capitalized letters within a sentence, that one can later point out.
Something like: "I think, As a rule, Most of the time Crumbing Ought to be Punished." (which reads I AM COP) - (No, this is not a claim and neither are these actual breadcrumbs. I'm just illustrating the principle.)

Sometimes that works and other players buy the breadcrumbs as 'proof'. But of course it is a tactic that can also be abused by scum.
Sorry, didn't feel like playing yesterday.

GymHenson: Dangnabbit, now I need to go back and take more notes. o.0

(Jokes aside, I didn't keep track of the specifics....I was more just musing on all the vote hopping for a bit.....in part to see what people's reactions might be)
It was quite importatn to know the (at least stated) reasons for almost all of them were joke ones and it is understandable people didn't want to make serious wagon out of them.

Lifthrasil: That is a lie! Lemon Curd is much sweeter than vinegar. And so is orange marmelade! Also: lynch all liars!
You made that thing up. It doesn't exist.

phaolo: Ah ops, I was kinda observing the events.
Frankly at the moment all the theories are kinda random..
I'd just prefer if we went straight to day 2, so at least something will have happened ¯\_(O_o)_/¯
Does some of those theories seem more likely to you than others?

trentonlf: As for the rest of the people I will be honest and say my attention has been sidetracked by Wastelands 3 (highly recommend to anyone that is considering it) and not focused enough on the game to get a vibe yet.
I have similar problem with EU IV. Yesterday I just wanted to finish one war in the evening and ended up playing almost until 2 am.

JoeSapphire: On Trent:

TRENT APPEARS TO BE INVENTING STATISTICS: IS THAT A SCUM INDICATOR

probs not? really. It was intriguing but thinking about it it probs doesn't mean much.

I would like him to pop the question though. I'm quite giddy with anticipation.
Where and what statistics?

trentonlf: For me personally I have no issues with any of the wagons that happened. Only way we get any kind of info is to push people, and votes is a great way to do that. Day 1 is always the worst Day as we have no info that we don't generate ourselves, so anyone trying to generate such info is what's needed.
So you'd be fine with wagons made out of RVS votes?

Lifthrasil: @dedo: does that matter? That's not how chance works. Someone is neither more nor less likely to be scum, just because he rarely was scum before. I know you didn't imply any such correlation. But since there is none: why ask?
What?
Where'd you get he based it on chance?

Onwards to next page...
...later.
Lifthrasil: What? I don't understand this allusion to bread. What's that about? Some pun I am missing?
It's a reference to GH bread-crumbing his role a little bit too obviously on Day 1 in the previous game.
gogtrial34987: ...
okay, that ran entirely too long, and it's late again. Probably little from me tomorrow, but I should be back in full force on Friday.
(Hoping I didn't mess up any of my links - if I did, a bump would be welcome.)
It seems you are very interested in what people think of trent's statement but I am still unsure of your position of it.
I think I even asked about it before?
Vitek: So you'd be fine with wagons made out of RVS votes?
If a lynch happened because of RVS votes I would be highly suspect of anyone on that wagon. But, the wagon getting to 4 votes was not an issue for me because I don't think it would have ever gone to a lynch, but it did create some pressure and that's what we need. Discussion and pressure is the only way we can get info at this point.
Sorry, I've been very lurky for the past few days, I kept falling asleep in the evening. I've been more or less keeping up with the thread, just falling at the participation hurdle.

my name is coole catte: Hmm, given that gogtrial's "manufactured argument" thing is similar to things I've done in the past I don't think it's all that suspicious by itself. Unless someone has a compelling reason that town!gogtrial wouldn't do this?
Microfish_1: it might be something you have done (you say, but I don't recall), but has gogtrial done so? I remember not at all.
My point was that I don't regard it as inherently scummy, however your question was pretty much my point. Does this seem un-gogtrially?

Lifthrasil: What? I don't understand this allusion to bread. What's that about? Some pun I am missing?
nmillar: It's a reference to GH bread-crumbing his role a little bit too obviously on Day 1 in the previous game.
It goes back further than that! Breadloafing is the term we coined in the previous Uniwizard Tournament, when GH's friend GR was a cop and breadcrumbed his results so obviously on D2 that we (the scum) immediately knew he was a cop. I'm still a bit broken up about the fact I was outvoted about NKing him... (it didn't end well for us)
Vote Count

nmillar 2 - trent, Lift
Joe 2 - gogtrial, Micro
catte 1 - GH
Micro 1 - Joe
gogtrial 1 - phaolo
phaolo 1 - Vitek
GH 1 - nmillar

Not voting - dedo, blotunga, catte,

nmillar and Joe are closest at L-5

12 players in game. Takes 7 to lynch.

Whenever you see a vote count from me, please make sure your name is against the correct person. Let me know if there are any mistakes.
ZFR: Whenever you see a vote count from me, please make sure your name is against the correct person.
I'm not voting for him, but I would just like it to be known that I am against Joe. As a concept, let alone a person.
Vitek: What?
Where'd you get he based it on chance?
I didn't. Read again what I wrote.

@dedo, blotunga, catte: you're the ones not voting and the game is kind of stalled already. Is there anyone you would vote for at this stage?
Replied to Nmillar/Lift:

nmillar: Not sure if you're being serious here, as I clearly used OMGUS in that vote ... I'm also not a fan of the capitalisation you've put into my name. Have you got the loaves of bread out already?
I forget if you're one of the ones who knows this, but: it's hard for me to find things to suspect, so when I do I cling to and focus on them a bit more(especially on D1, when I have even less to go on).

(Also your leaving of the Catte wagon, when there were so few votes, struck me as a bit odd as well....more so than your vote on me)

As for the capital letters: I gave up on loaves for this game...that is more a way to emphasize that word instead of bolding it. I often do so(bolding or capitalization) to call player's attentions to some parts of posts....especially if I have a question(as some seem to miss them otherwise).

++++++++++

Lifthrasil: That is such a platitude that it means next to nothing. Also it's a funny inversion: you criticize my asking of a question by saying that asking questions is good. So, which is it?
I wasn't criticizing you asking questions, but rather you seemingly criticizing others for asking questions.

It's a reference to GR's way of "crumbing" in prior games.

(Bump please)
Vitek: It was quite importatn to know the (at least stated) reasons for almost all of them were joke ones and it is understandable people didn't want to make serious wagon out of them.
Fair point.

That said, I was more focused on how fast people seemed to leave some wagons in general....to me it seemed a bit faster than usual....of course my memory could also be acting up a bit as well.