It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

This is my bah post.

Hi, gogtrial. We finally get to play together and Im dead already :(
Hi Gogtrial. It's funny that Lift, Gogtrial and I are all also playing Doc0075's enter my dungeon if you dare, in the same thread. Don't let the Kanaval disguise fool you, he's actually Og'rialt, a Dwarf Brigand.

And does anyone know anything we can do to break the curse on this game? Right now the only thing I can think of is to make a sacrifice of the scum players. If you're scum, let me know so we can sacrifice you. Remember, it's for the greater good.
RedFireGaming: Hi Gogtrial. It's funny that Lift, Gogtrial and I are all also playing Doc0075's enter my dungeon if you dare, in the same thread. Don't let the Kanaval disguise fool you, he's actually Og'rialt, a Dwarf Brigand.

And does anyone know anything we can do to break the curse on this game? Right now the only thing I can think of is to make a sacrifice of the scum players. If you're scum, let me know so we can sacrifice you. Remember, it's for the greater good.
Have you perchance watched Hot Fuzz? (You should if you have not, great movie)
trentonlf: The greater good.
FTFY
Hi all!

I've been half following the game in the time where I haven't been looting Ogre corpses. (I apologize in advance if I suddenly start addressing you all in the Dwarvish tongue!) Based on that cursory reading, I agree with the case against trent. I have two other thoughts on a third scum, but I'll keep them to myself for the moment while I do a more thorough read. I intend to finish that by tomorrow morning (~24 hours from now) at the latest, but hope for today.

For the next two weeks, I should have more time to play than I usually do, although my hours will be more erratic. After that I'll go back to my usual only posting in the European evening routine.

@ZFR: yeah, I realized that. Wish it could've worked out differently!
GameRager: Any potential scum buddy would've already likely voted
So, if trent is indeed scum, you're suggesting the third is one of SPF, LOLchan or Lifthrasil?
JoeSapphire: korotan has had to leave the game, so gogtrial will be replacing him
Too bad that another had to leave the game. But better that than a permanently inactive player.

Thank you very much for stepping in, gogtrial!
Welcome gogtrial!

We appreciate you stepping in to replace our dear timelord korotan, presumably on some adventure at the moment.
gogtrial34987: Hi all!

I've been half following the game in the time where I haven't been looting Ogre corpses. (I apologize in advance if I suddenly start addressing you all in the Dwarvish tongue!) Based on that cursory reading, I agree with the case against trent. I have two other thoughts on a third scum, but I'll keep them to myself for the moment while I do a more thorough read. I intend to finish that by tomorrow morning (~24 hours from now) at the latest, but hope for today.

For the next two weeks, I should have more time to play than I usually do, although my hours will be more erratic. After that I'll go back to my usual only posting in the European evening routine.

@ZFR: yeah, I realized that. Wish it could've worked out differently!
So admit it, are you scum? :P
GameRager: Any potential scum buddy would've already likely voted
nmillar: So, if trent is indeed scum, you're suggesting the third is one of SPF, LOLchan or Lifthrasil?
That is a strange idea. If trent is scum he just basically bussed agent. I don't think that the third scum would be that eager to bus his only remaining scum-buddy in the second night! I would rather expect, that the third scum would either defend trent, at least to a certain not too conspicuous degree (= GameRager) or keep a low profile (Korotan?).

But if trent flips town, I agree that SPF and me will stick out. The situation warrants a trent-lynch, but a scum-SPF could have realized and used that very well, if trent is Town (which would mean that agent dropped the ball). LOLchan just happily jumped on the trent-train without adding much momentum to it themselves. Which would also be scummy, if trent flips town.
RedFireGaming: Hi Gogtrial. It's funny that Lift, Gogtrial and I are all also playing Doc0075's enter my dungeon if you dare, in the same thread. Don't let the Kanaval disguise fool you, he's actually Og'rialt, a Dwarf Brigand.

This sounds like a good plan.....let us hope the scum players are morons. ;)

======================

trentonlf: Have you perchance watched Hot Fuzz? (You should if you have not, great movie)
I second this and also thought of that when he said that. +1

============================
trentonlf: The greater good.
JoeSapphire: FTFY
You should've linked the youtube link bit with it.....that's the best part where those words are spoken, imo.

Also +1

Now for more serious/ontopic replies:

nmillar: So, if trent is indeed scum, you're suggesting the third is one of SPF, LOLchan or Lifthrasil?
No, if trent is TOWN(as I feel he is) then SPF/Lift would be the ones I would be looking into for that reason, and I also suspect Korotan(now Gogtrial?) a bit for the odd wording of post# 118.

Regardless I think we should look into ALL who vote/voted for trent if he is lynched....all prior posts that stand out/etc.

===============================
Done for now, everyone......carry on carrying on.
===============================
Reread update: around post #150 now (going back and forth a lot). An in between question for those who were present at the time: How swiftly did trent's denial in #138 follow on agentcarr's claim in #133?
gogtrial34987: Reread update: around post #150 now (going back and forth a lot). An in between question for those who were present at the time: How swiftly did trent's denial in #138 follow on agentcarr's claim in #133?
That is a good question.

========================
To all(or op): Does anyone know this?
========================
Assorted observations from my reread. Too late to pull it all together into an overarching post, but don't want to have you all wait for input from me even longer, as Korotan was seriously lacking in presence. I've only skimmed from #250 onward, so might return to some of that tomorrow still.

Korotan: Well my role changed from confused commoner to naive timelord.
This may or may be not a joke.
SirPrimalform: Do you think you could time travel to the present and join the game?
LOLChan: Is korotan not playing or is this scum indication?

Also (just noticed) is quote 118 an admision of guilt?
This weird claim puzzled me as well inside the quote, but it's a followup to:
ZFR: I just realized it's 1996. End of February. Warcarft 2 and Duke Nukem 3D have just been released, and I can't wait for Civilization 2, Quake 2 and Red Alert coming soon.
Korotan: Wait this is the year where I will be born. But Joe said I am absolutely normal? So am I now a timelord? Or anyone else here?
---

trentonlf: This is a semi-open game, exact roles are not known, so If anyone was scum from the start they would have to still be scum unless Joe redid all the roles otherwise the game would be broken.
Discussion up to this point focused on scum knowing town PRs, but scum almost certainly have one or more PRs as well, and town knowing what those PRs were, would indeed cause a broken game. This is why - even absent agent's claim about trent being on the original scum team - both town!trent and scum!trent would know that agent would be a certain lynch sometime soon, and that's why scum!trent couldn't simply go along with agentcarr's claim.

---

Lift was the first one to bring up the "both trent and lift could be scum" as a "remote" possibility in #170. I found that case likely even before rereading (ZFR was pretty convincing in #212, and SPF's #237 made it even stronger, while Lift's #258 is basically icing on the cake), but if trent flips town after all, then this might've been scum!Lift trying to salvage something from the disaster unfolding for his team?
Of course, if trent indeed also flips scum, then major town points to Lift.

---

I entertained some hypotheses about scum!trent honestly not knowing that he was scum, but those were put to rest here:
trentonlf: I was unsure as well when I first read my PM, but Joe cleared it up.
---

SirPrimalform: As for not realising you were mafia, the PM posted in the OP seems pretty clear to me.
Agent outed himself in the previous thread, which didn't have sample PMs yet. (Which doesn't detract from the argument you clarified later that providing any info about your character when you know you're mafia is silly, but it does make agent's original outing a bit easier to understand; he probably thought the "Watcher of Kalunga" bit was flavour/costuming.

---

RedFireGaming: you stand out to me for not standing out at all. Please post more?

---

I find GameRager extremely suspicious. There's lots, but the core of it is the following:
trentonlf: What?? I am not scum nor have I been scum in this game. Are you trying to take someone down with you since you outed yourself. I have no doubt though if you were scum to start then you still are. This is a semi-open game, exact roles are not known, so If anyone was scum from the start they would have to still be scum unless Joe redid all the roles otherwise the game would be broken.

Unvote LOLchan
Vote agentcarr
GameRager: Interesting. You have put yourself in the crosshairs if agent is lynched and proven to be town...I hope if you are town that you are ok with that.

I mean why else would it matter if someone said you were scum before being reshuffled?
contrast with
nmillar: Whoa! Just saw agent's "I was scum, now I'm town" post. Unvote SPF, vote agentcarr.
GameRager: Which post?

If so that might convince me to vote him.
which came shortly after
nmillar: I'm pretty sure at this stage already that GameRager is town.
@nmillar: What are your current thoughts on GameRager? Do you read linearly, so was your impression of gamerager based solely on posts up to agentcarr's #133, or did it also take later gamerager posts into account, where you simply hadn't yet seen the significance of what those were about?

ZFR was also pushing GameRager, which led to
GameRager: First, I skimmed some replies, and as such I misread some things and also in a rush might have miswrote what I meant. That said I now see that one post NMillar marked as being suspicious as suspicious myself....especially when paired with the reasoning that others brought up that making scum town(and not reshuffling all other scum) would be highly unlikely for OP to do.
Which, yes, fits GameRager's play style, but I still find it weak sauce.

PookaMustard: I wonder why Agent pulled off that scheme, given that none of us had even realized he fullclaimed this early, which seems to be the catalyst for launching this scheme, as he figured he went down. Because of how it went, I'm actually less inclined to lynch Trent, as I don't think Agent would pull off such WIFOM with his scumbuddy this early.
GameRager: The 1st bit: I agree....if Trent was scum I don't think he'd expose himself this early by getting the lynch ball rolling on agent & possibly risk 2 scum getting lynched within a few game days.

I do not think a scum Trent would put themselves into the spotlight so easily/readily. As such, I am inclined to believe he is town without further proof against such.
This actually gave me pause. Surely scum!trent would've adviced scum!gamerager not to come to his defense?
But no, I think trent would've actually told gamerager to be his regular self, and so it still fits. GameRager is actually trying to build a defense of trent here (and in various subsequent posts), and so I predict a flawless town victory: agent, trent, gamerager.
trentonlf: Have you perchance watched Hot Fuzz? (You should if you have not, great movie)
GameRager: I second this and also thought of that when he said that. +1
Yes, that is what my post was based on.

gogtrial34987: RedFireGaming: you stand out to me for not standing out at all. Please post more?
I'll be able to post more starting Monday, but some of that may be in the way I play. I'm getting better at this game though.

The discussion seems to have turned to speculation for after we lynch Trent. I'd say in that case it's better to find out how he flips, then look for the last scum based on that information.
Vote Trent