@Joe what do you make of SPF being on your wagon for so long until late into Day 1? Is he your scumbuddy this time?
Nope, no scumbuddies for Joe!
I think thought he'd have a go at building a mislynch on his dear friend Joe and then didn't really give it much of a go and then didn't bother to think of a good way to back out of it. That interaction is what got me thinking that he could be scum, but I thought to myself "don't I always think SirP's scum?". Also blotunga was doing all that stuff...
BUT, then I look at SPF. Why was he so vehemently on Joe's wagon for so long? When I play Scum I like to distance by jumping on a Scumbuddies wagon. Was SPF doing this? It almost means SPF doesn't have to fear offending Town players.
Why did Joe stay on a Town wagon and not move to mine or any others as the game developed? It's almost lazy and it's what he did as a 3rd faction when he kept his vote on me. I asked him about it twice to actually get the response to why Blotunga was on his wagon.
Is it fair to say vehemently? That makes it sound like he was being pressured to remove his vote or vote someone else and he was sticking to it. Was that the case?
I didn't move to yours because I don't believe in it. Which other wagons should I have moved to?
On one hand, it is consistent with how trent plays. He'd rather get a mislynch if it nails us information than end the day without one.
I'm not sure if that's entirely correct. I've come to expect trent to not vote for whomever just for the sake of voting without finding said player at least a bit scummy.
Oh yeah that's true!! I've been flubbergasted before that Trent can be so certain as to not vote someone just because he thinks they're town!
..when I said they meant nothing I was trying to say that I thought they were pure nonsense?
Sounds like I misunderstood you on this point. It sounded you were saying that they were pure nonsense; I've seen enough to know they aren't, but they also aren't game relevant per word-of-mod.
Which was it? I'm guessing you thought he deserved it? How do you mean?
I plead the fifth. Read into that whatever you like.
But I just pointed out the significance of the second one, did you miss it? You must read EVERY word that i write they are ALL. nuggets. of. solid. gold. every. single. one.
Yesterday was D1. Also, yesterday we didn't have a mafioso and an SK dead on the ground. The space for scum to hide gets very, very small once (true) mason claim(s) hit the board, scum get stuck in a very ugly situation of having only one NK and too many confirmed townies and an unknown number of Doctors/Roleblockers, and any town vig will know who NOT to target. All sorts of possible good stuff.
And a note to townies: Please do not claim mason if you aren't a mason.
yeah I guess that makes sense... I was considering only day phase but town knowing masons would be useful for night too I hadn't considered.
I think I think bookwyrm's town...
1. What do you mean about the pattern? Care to enlighten us skimmers? :)
Well! Squidge the Primeape was ZFR's role in game 54, Laura Roslin was ZFR's role in game 53, Calluninski was the sample role in game 55 that ZFR hosted, and O'Leary or whatever it was was ZFR's role in the second Russian Roulette game! Also the film-set in space with a large conspicuous Sapphire is the setting for game 57, and the army tents on a mountain with evidence of a set of lovers and an innocent child is the setting for game 55 (the lovers were me and gogtrial and the innocent child was flub)
You killed Carr didn't you? What was your reason?
What's with this claim? Proof or just wild guessing/silly guessing?
Oh yeah. Well I was thinking "who would target Carr?" and I thought "if somebody did it for a reason it would probably be someone who's familiar with his game, and as he's not played a full game around here for a while that narrows it down to flub, bookwyrm, dedo, trent, gogtrial. I had a look at those names and thought I'd ask the question to one of them hoping they'd spit out their tea, fall off their chair and stammer "how... how did you know??" while they struggle to put their wig back on. I'm not sure what to make of bookwyrm's response but I think I like it.
Fish - how do you feel about lynching supplementscene today?
Why are you up for lynching scene? I am suspicious of him(for now) but want to know your full reasoning why.
It wasn't an offer, it was just a question. I'm not ABSOLUTELY against scene's lunch, but he's on my "probably town" pile.
Re-reading and I think Joe is Mafia:
1. Joes asks my opinion of Blotunga after I stated it. I then ask him his opinion of Blotunga. He initially misses this. I ask him again and he replies. He's clearly not reading everything, something Mafia feel they don't need to because they know everything
2. Initially Joe answers 'I'm wondering about Blotunga what do you think of him' after keeping his RVS vote on him. I Then I ask him his opinion of every player including Blotunga. He doesn't reply about Blotunga but does a superfiscial statements about most of the other players. Surely he should be first commenting about the person he's voting for but no.
3. SPF had his vote on Joe for a long time. They are friends outside the game. But I believe a good game reason is that they were drawn together. SPF can avoid upsetting a Town player while distancing from a Scumbuddy.
4. In post 223 he finally analyses Blotunga. The focus isn't on the odd vote then initial reply to Pooka which seemed the most suspect but replies that retrospectively didn't look suspect.
5. He defends me to Trent regarding me ignoring the set up. This seems buddying to me.
6. No real accusations or suspicions of anyone. He asks load of questions but no real firm opinion of his own.
7. When asked by Gogtrial 'is the Joe vote a real feeling', SPF said 'The vote was sort of RVS, the thinking behind it was serious but not enough to support actually lunching him at this point.'
It's a long RVS vote and supposedly 'serious' despite Joe not really saying anything of note
8. Joe uses the phrase LUNCH instead of LYNCH VOTES JOESAPPHIRE
Yeah I was expecting someone to think this. I was deliberately holding off my explanation of my blotunga vote - did I explain that? I think I did. Anyway, despite pretty much all you say here being true, it's wrong, I'm not on SirP's team.