It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

DarkoD13: To me that's an admission of either not reading the thread or being a (rather careless) scum. Nothing to boast about either way.
Or it was a dislike of how you were hiding something that at the time only you could confirm. The reason isn't hard to figure out, it's just the fact that you wouldn't come out and say it that I didn't like, and hell it took how long before you said it? Wasn't when adalia was confused about why, wasn't when Robb took his guess when he voted for me, hell how was he sure he was even right?
Lots of new stuff to read. I'll try to chime in after I get up to speed.
TwilightBard: Or it was a dislike of how you were hiding something that at the time only you could confirm. The reason isn't hard to figure out, it's just the fact that you wouldn't come out and say it that I didn't like, and hell it took how long before you said it? Wasn't when adalia was confused about why, wasn't when Robb took his guess when he voted for me, hell how was he sure he was even right?
I didn't expect it to be some magical unicorn that only I could see. Even if it's hinted at in the OP, someone mentioning the exact town win condition is not somehing I can ignore and I assumed that went for the rest of the town.
So, if I'm reading your post right, you knew why I considered adalia town, but didn't like that I wasn't saying exactly why?
DarkoD13: I didn't expect it to be some magical unicorn that only I could see. Even if it's hinted at in the OP, someone mentioning the exact town win condition is not somehing I can ignore and I assumed that went for the rest of the town.
So, if I'm reading your post right, you knew why I considered adalia town, but didn't like that I wasn't saying exactly why?
At first I admit I didn't see it because it never really dinged as anything important, what was given felt like standard win condition for town that anyone would be tempted to use, hell you could even make an argument it was paraphrased if it wasn't completely right. So yeah, not saying exactly why basically to me was screaming that you were using something else as your reasoning, which struck me as pretty odd.

Guess that's all sorted out though, so Unvote Darko. Gotta rescan the game once I get back, got some things to do.
TwilightBard: Scum can NK, or fail as well, multiple factions depend on a lot, and early speculating in the past has proven that it simply lets the Mafia sit back and try to figure out what roles benefit the most from the discussion. Wait for some sort of proof of multiple factions before we automatically decide there are. Hell we've had one game here that didn't even HAVE a Mafia, just one SK.

[...]
Did the OP of that game, or any other game with a single mafia group, mention factions (plural) though?
Does anyone think that flub would use the plural on purpose, just to throw us off?

trentonlf: RWarehall is doing what I would do in his situation. A target is on his back for winning a "fabulous" prize, I would do what I could to make the target smaller. He is presenting his prize as almost inconsequential so focus will not be on the fact that he has a prize. I also believe him. He is getting scrutinized as being scummy for his actions so far, but I don't see that.

I'm not sure if all the prizes were the same or not, no one playing the game knows unless Flub shared that info with the prize winners. Whatever the prizes are I'm sure we'll find out in due time, but as I said earlier focusing on them is not what we should be doing. What we should be doing is trying to find the scum.
The way you put it - "do what I could to make the target smaller", "as almost inconsequential" - makes it sound that you, and by extension RWarehall, would purposefully deceive us about the importance of the prize, and by doing so paint a bigger target on the other two of us. If he really is town, that's not a particularly townish ting to do.
Combining the above with his reasoning that those that didn't try hard are more likely to be scum feels like he's trying to paint the biggest target on me - I posted only a few times, yet ended up on the winners list. I don't think that this constitutes solid arguing.

And for someone claiming that we should not focus on the prizes, you seem to use every little chance you get to point out that they're fabulous ones. Does this serve a purpose I'm missing?

DarkoD13: And to make that more specific since it's getting kind of ridiculous at this point, someone casually drops our win condition on the pre-game Night and it registers with no one?

I hate all of you.

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_mafia_25_terror_at_tres_leches/post483

And no, it's not the same thing seeing it as some flavor in the OP and someone outright saying that that's the town's win condition.
It did with me at first (even have a note about it), but then I remembered that it's in the OP, almost word for word, so it lost its initial significance. I had a suspicion that it was this you hinted at, but somehow I expected something more concrete from you.

DarkoD13: You specifically? It's a leap between the two, no matter how small. It's not a risk that you would take given the fact you got lynched on Day 1 as mafia in the previous game.
Why I hated you for it? It was extremely short-sighted to give that away like that. We could have used it to fish out scum.
Not all is lost yet - if you're town, then you should get what I mean.

trentonlf: There is a word in what I bolded that is not in the win conditions in my PM.
And still not quite accurate.

RWarehall: Exactly what I expect from him. As frustratingly usual, I have him at "true neutral" on the scum/town chart. He tips off nothing ever. Just can't read nothing.
And how exactly is this helping us, in the case he's also town?

I'm currently at post #800, so may add more later on.
TwilightBard: Scum can NK, or fail as well, multiple factions depend on a lot, and early speculating in the past has proven that it simply lets the Mafia sit back and try to figure out what roles benefit the most from the discussion. Wait for some sort of proof of multiple factions before we automatically decide there are. Hell we've had one game here that didn't even HAVE a Mafia, just one SK.

[...]
HypersomniacLive: Did the OP of that game, or any other game with a single mafia group, mention factions (plural) though?
Does anyone think that flub would use the plural on purpose, just to throw us off?
Honestly, the thought had definitely crossed my mind and I wouldn't put it past flub at all. However, with the size of the game I would also be very surprised if we didn't have more than one opposing faction.

Thanks for chiming in with some thoughts, and Lift too. We need more of these kind of posts if we are going to have a lynch by next week.
CSPVG is in this game?!

Anyway,

HypersomniacLive: Does anyone think that flub would use the plural on purpose, just to throw us off?
That would make him a bastard mod which would mean that there will be abnormal roles, false results, etc. With 18 people around this will become a great mess. I was under the impression that the game is quite polished, so I believe we shouldn't focus on such stuff. If at a later stage it becomes clear that we need to revisit the matter, we will. Otherwise I suggest to not direct our attention to secondary stuff. Finding scum should be top priority.

TwilightBard: Guess that's all sorted out though, so Unvote Darko. Gotta rescan the game once I get back, got some things to do.
Now I see why Sage questioned me almost immediately after I withdrew my vote. TwilightBard, you were pushing fairly hard and suddenly backed away and you tone seemed to soften quite a bit. What looks kind of odd is that this happened two posts after Darko gave a more detailed explanation. Why did it take that extra post if you were going to end up satisfied with his arguments so much?
trentonlf: RWarehall is doing what I would do in his situation. A target is on his back for winning a "fabulous" prize, I would do what I could to make the target smaller. He is presenting his prize as almost inconsequential so focus will not be on the fact that he has a prize. I also believe him. He is getting scrutinized as being scummy for his actions so far, but I don't see that.

I'm not sure if all the prizes were the same or not, no one playing the game knows unless Flub shared that info with the prize winners. Whatever the prizes are I'm sure we'll find out in due time, but as I said earlier focusing on them is not what we should be doing. What we should be doing is trying to find the scum.
HypersomniacLive: The way you put it - "do what I could to make the target smaller", "as almost inconsequential" - makes it sound that you, and by extension RWarehall, would purposefully deceive us about the importance of the prize, and by doing so paint a bigger target on the other two of us. If he really is town, that's not a particularly townish ting to do.
Combining the above with his reasoning that those that didn't try hard are more likely to be scum feels like he's trying to paint the biggest target on me - I posted only a few times, yet ended up on the winners list. I don't think that this constitutes solid arguing.

And for someone claiming that we should not focus on the prizes, you seem to use every little chance you get to point out that they're fabulous ones. Does this serve a purpose I'm missing?

trentonlf: There is a word in what I bolded that is not in the win conditions in my PM.
HypersomniacLive: And still not quite accurate.
1. I am not putting a target on anyone's back. I was just speculating why RWarehall was doing what he did. But the way you asked the question makes it seem the prize is important, putting scrutiny back on all 3 of y'all. If the prize is important the last thing we should be doing is dicussing it. RW trying to deflect attention away from it is still what I would have done too.

2. I put "fabulous" in quotes as they is what flub called them and I'm not sure that they really are "fabulous".

3. What I bolded had one word that was different, I didn't mention a missing word. Do you know the missing word?
trentonlf: 1. I am not putting a target on anyone's back. I was just speculating why RWarehall was doing what he did. But the way you asked the question makes it seem the prize is important, putting scrutiny back on all 3 of y'all. If the prize is important the last thing we should be doing is dicussing it. RW trying to deflect attention away from it is still what I would have done too.

2. I put "fabulous" in quotes as they is what flub called them and I'm not sure that they really are "fabulous".

3. What I bolded had one word that was different, I didn't mention a missing word. Do you know the missing word?
1. I used your arguments as what could be RWarehall's doing. I have no idea how important or not his prizse is, just that his way could make the other prizes look important.

3. Is it only one word that's missing? Compared to my PM, what was stated has more words missing than just the article, hence I took adaliabooks' post more like slightly paraphrasing the OP than anything else.
trentonlf: 1. I am not putting a target on anyone's back. I was just speculating why RWarehall was doing what he did. But the way you asked the question makes it seem the prize is important, putting scrutiny back on all 3 of y'all. If the prize is important the last thing we should be doing is dicussing it. RW trying to deflect attention away from it is still what I would have done too.

HypersomniacLive: 1. I used your arguments as what could be RWarehall's doing. I have no idea how important or not his prizse is, just that his way could make the other prizes look important.

3. Is it only one word that's missing? Compared to my PM, what was stated has more words missing than just the article, hence I took adaliabooks' post more like slightly paraphrasing the OP than anything else.
From the sentence I highlighted there was one word that was different. There is also one word they was missing. I never said it was the whole win condition.
Well, I think it's about time someone suggested that we all make a list of our top suspects, and it might as well be me. I think 3 is probably enough, and at least we can compare and see who the prime suspects currently are.

Right now I'm thinking (in no particular order):

JMich
Ixam

Looking at the player list I'm not so sure of a third. I've some small doubts about both yogs, trent and Hyper, but not really in the same realm as the other two and they've all done fairly town things since I felt that way. I find Twilight's recent behaviour a little odd, but not quite scummy yet. Robb and CSPVG are both lurking a bit but it's also typical for them. cristigale hasn't posted much, but she's new so it could just be that. RWarehall and dedo are both slightly suspicious after their spat, but neither one stands out as being scummier...
The rest are generally leaning town or just neutral. If pushed I'd probably add yogs as my third at the moment.
ddickinson: Well we have to keep these traditions alive, I would hate it if they all died out. :-)

I'm kind of wishing I could vote, but I'm not too sure on anyone just yet, and I don't want to just do one for the sake of it. Hopefully by next week I will have a better idea on who to vote for before night begins.
Since you're considering a vote, would you mind sharing your thoughts?

trentonlf: From the sentence I highlighted there was one word that was different. There is also one word they was missing. I never said it was the whole win condition.
Fair enough. Does it then really justify Darko13's certainty about adaliabooks at the point he made that comment? After all, it is the part that's publicly known from the beginning.
HypersomniacLive: Since you're considering a vote, would you mind sharing your thoughts?
Gladly, but would it be okay if I did so tomorrow? I would like to read through the thread one more time and I will have more time to do so tomorrow (I really should start keeping notes, it would be a lot easier). I do not have a strong feeling about anyone yet, maybe because it's my first game. There is one person I am thinking, but I would like to double check before I post anything. Especially when I am going on minor things.
ddickinson: Gladly, but would it be okay if I did so tomorrow? I would like to read through the thread one more time and I will have more time to do so tomorrow (I really should start keeping notes, it would be a lot easier). I do not have a strong feeling about anyone yet, maybe because it's my first game. There is one person I am thinking, but I would like to double check before I post anything. Especially when I am going on minor things.
First game, you don't want to piss anybody off too early. lol. I felt the same way.

Now on my 2nd game, I'm like "Enh. Whatever." VOTE.
adaliabooks: Well, I think it's about time someone suggested that we all make a list of our top suspects, and it might as well be me. I think 3 is probably enough, and at least we can compare and see who the prime suspects currently are.

Right now I'm thinking (in no particular order):

JMich
Ixam

Looking at the player list I'm not so sure of a third. I've some small doubts about both yogs, trent and Hyper, but not really in the same realm as the other two and they've all done fairly town things since I felt that way. I find Twilight's recent behaviour a little odd, but not quite scummy yet. Robb and CSPVG are both lurking a bit but it's also typical for them. cristigale hasn't posted much, but she's new so it could just be that. RWarehall and dedo are both slightly suspicious after their spat, but neither one stands out as being scummier...
The rest are generally leaning town or just neutral. If pushed I'd probably add yogs as my third at the moment.
May I ask what concerns you about us?

ddickinson: Gladly, but would it be okay if I did so tomorrow? I would like to read through the thread one more time and I will have more time to do so tomorrow (I really should start keeping notes, it would be a lot easier). I do not have a strong feeling about anyone yet, maybe because it's my first game. There is one person I am thinking, but I would like to double check before I post anything. Especially when I am going on minor things.
Whenever you're ready.