It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I have taken notes in the previous games where I basically wrote or copied anything into word that felt off or wrong or anything of that nature. Or even thoughts I was having. A lot of rambling. But as the games go on I tend to lax on my notes. With this game I did start to take notes as I would if I was town but with the pre night and no flips. I just gave up and had way more fun without notes. So listen up for future reference!!!

Sage is not that great at notes and should not be hounded on to provide them. I like going with minimal notes and going with more of a gut thing now that I have my feet planted a little better.
flubbucket: I tend toward player specific note taking. I don't just focus on one player, just logs and such....(number of posts, interactions with every player, Voting).

Some like to go with the Running Tally, but I find it starts to get as long as the game thread so it's rendered useless.

It really has to be an organic "tool" based on how you specifically process information. Some players simply live in the NOW and go with their gut. This is more challenging when you are mafia.

How do I keep my lies in order???
I've tried twice and failed miserably. First time I tried keeping notes on each player and second time on the game in general as a running tally. Neither worked for me... hence making my script.

I think I'll give it another go in the next game by player as at least I can tally up the posts per player now and jot down anything interesting.
I tended towards important events like votes, reasons for votes, role claims or hints, wall of text posts, theories, reads posts. Just anything that stuck out.
I think flub is right about it just being whatever helps you and works for you.
Wot wot? Town won? Wohoooo. That's what you get for night killing HijacK.
HijacK: That's what you get for night killing HijacK.
Got it.

Night Kill HijacK on Night One to ensure town victory.
flubbucket: Got it.

Optimal win strategy if town has a Vig. *eg*
DarkoD13: That's unusual.
Sage103082: I was going to keep it as my dirty little secret but if you must dig through my closet have at it. Just be warned =)

http://www.quicktopic.com/51/H/rN3X4phTCMLH
Just finished reading this. Hilarious :)
flubbucket: [...]

Night Four:
[...]
JMich using Bulletproof
[...]
cristigale jails JMich

[...]
Oh oh!

I went through Dedo's and Sage's QTs and noticed that you were revealing the roles of those night-killed. May I ask why?
HypersomniacLive: Oh oh!

I went through Dedo's and Sage's QTs and noticed that you were revealing the roles of those night-killed. May I ask why?
I guess it was kind of like a Janitor variant (when they obscure the info from everyone else they get it themselves)

or just to give scum more of a chance, all in all it does look like the deck was stacked in towns favour (despite our complaining to the contrary)

Night Four:
[...]
JMich using Bulletproof
[...]
cristigale jails JMich

[...]

I think it was a perk of being a Godfather, you learned alignment and role when you killed someone.
adaliabooks: I guess it was kind of like a Janitor variant (when they obscure the info from everyone else they get it themselves)

or just to give scum more of a chance, all in all it does look like the deck was stacked in towns favour (despite our complaining to the contrary)
Two Godfathers and two Role Cops...
flubbucket: ...
[Sage] walked resolutely up the steps and stood under the noose. JMich slipped it over her head and cinched it tight around her neck. “Any last words?”

CSPVG looked as Krypsynio and Vitekaria flew away. He then looked around at the crowd and said, “So Sage was a bad guy??”
!!!
I just noticed that Sage never actually died (at least, on screen), and that CSPVG is speaking from beyond the grave.
adaliabooks: I guess it was kind of like a Janitor variant (when they obscure the info from everyone else they get it themselves)

HypersomniacLive: Two Godfathers and two Role Cops...
Versus each other (each starting solo), where the town has numerous ways to gather info, and there is a serial killer on the loose (or would have been) with a vested interest in keeping townies alive. The godfathers and the role cops need to get together without outing themselves to everyone else.

Of course, it is hard for me to judge game balance, with my massive experience of zero games played.
Post edited February 26, 2015 by Bookwyrm627
I enjoyed being scum. =) But it was tough doing it alone.
Post edited February 26, 2015 by Sage103082
flubbucket: Got it.

Pfffff, if the scum want to lose so much, they are welcome to try. *puts a bulletproof, bomb, and super saint powers*

Alright! I'm ready. Come at me bro!
There were a lot of investigators. With 4 cops and a Watcher and Tracker, Serial Killer wasn't going to last long.

The biggest problem with balance was that the scum didn't know who each other were, so had just as much chance of killing each other as town (and even had some incentive to kill each other). They were essentially blind as town normally is without the numbers, and even though they have role cops, the role cops had no killing power and their knowledge would only be useful once they managed to be recruited which was a multi-step process.

Night Four:
[...]
JMich using Bulletproof
[...]
cristigale jails JMich

[...]

Because I'm arbitrary and sassy....

or maybe because it was all they had. It is essential mafia have some way to lie. This helped in the face of a powerful town.