It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

BrianSim: At least many "luddites" who dislike clients "put their money where their mouth is". You're the worst kind of hypocrite who continue to financially support the same thing you then spend pages whining about. " I'm angry that I'm being negatively affected by 3x layers of DRM that I continue to throw money at!" followed up by " The best thing GOG customers can do to support GOG is carry on buying from Steam!"- StingingVelvet, GOG Forum 2023. Take a chill pill dude and accept that just because you've lowered your personal expectations into the gutter doesn't mean everyone else here has too.
I'm not gonna argue my anti-DRM bonafides with you because it's completely irrelevant. Galaxy is not DRM for the purposes of organizing and downloading offline installers, so it has literally NOTHING to do with what I'm talking about. The fact you continue to act as if it does proves my point that you're being silly.
Longcat: At no point in his post did Warupt mention anything that has remotely to do with "steam but without DRM".
If they really were "quality of life features that you cannot find anywhere else", they wouldn't be features you could find on Steam now, would they?

All the things he mentioned is just what GOG used to offer before they changed into ... this.
Here we go with you. lol Why not just reply to my post friend?

Can someone explain this to me? The article was from 30.11.2021
https://gameworldobserver.com/2021/11/30/cd-projekt-to-restructure-gog-team-in-wake-of-2-2-million-losses-focusing-on-its-drm-free-philosophy
CD Projekt has shared its plans for GOG’s future in the wake of the store’s net losses. The company wants to restructure a division, moving some of its employees to the game development team. GOG’s concept will also go back to the roots, focusing on offering DRM-free games.

Did this mean they were pulling GOG staff to work on game development? Why would they do that unless I read it wrong.
Post edited March 20, 2023 by Syphon72
Syphon72: Can someone explain this to me? The article was from 30.11.2021
https://gameworldobserver.com/2021/11/30/cd-projekt-to-restructure-gog-team-in-wake-of-2-2-million-losses-focusing-on-its-drm-free-philosophy
CD Projekt has shared its plans for GOG’s future in the wake of the store’s net losses. The company wants to restructure a division, moving some of its employees to the game development team. GOG’s concept will also go back to the roots, focusing on offering DRM-free games.

Did this mean they were pulling GOG staff to work on game development? Why would they do that unless I read it wrong.
That's exactly what they did. Whatever they imagined they'd achieve with GOG (after likely throwing a bunch of cash behind absurdities like Galaxy 2.0) failed and they incurred in losses... thus they decided to re-focus.

All fine, one would imagine, until it became obvious (like now) that they've essentially just put GOG on life-support in terms of resources. We already knew they had pulled human resources out of GOG and directed them to CDPR's main teams, but I think we can safely assume this pull was far greater than initially imagined... or that GOG was already understaffed and this left them in very dire straits - either option is bad.

Seeing as GOG is turning up a profit now (even if not particularly dramatic), from a business standpoint it could almost seem like they've succeeded... but that can easily turn around if the place keeps falling apart.
Syphon72: Can someone explain this to me? The article was from 30.11.2021

Teilwyn: That's exactly what they did. Whatever they imagined they'd achieve with GOG (after likely throwing a bunch of cash behind absurdities like Galaxy 2.0) failed and they incurred in losses... thus they decided to re-focus.

All fine, one would imagine, until it became obvious (like now) that they've essentially just put GOG on life-support in terms of resources. We already knew they had pulled human resources out of GOG and directed them to CDPR's main teams, but I think we can safely assume this pull was far greater than initially imagined... or that GOG was already understaffed and this left them in very dire straits - either option is bad.

Seeing as GOG is turning up a profit now (even if not particularly dramatic), from a business standpoint it could almost seem like they've succeeded... but that can easily turn around if the place keeps falling apart.
I hope this place makes more profit for them now, so they can start making there site more stable. But like you said it can easily turn around if the place keeps falling apart. Thank you for the reply.
StingingVelvet: I'm not gonna argue my anti-DRM bonafides with you because it's completely irrelevant. Galaxy is not DRM for the purposes of organizing and downloading offline installers, so it has literally NOTHING to do with what I'm talking about. The fact you continue to act as if it does proves my point that you're being silly.
I suggest you brush up on your reading comprehension skills. I never said "Galaxy was DRM". I said 'Just use Galaxy (tm)' is hardly a serious substitute for fixing website problems" meaning stop using it as a crutch / excuse to not fix website problems that need fixing simply because you like it personally but have recently turned full "edge-lord" in the way you talk to people in doubling down on your ridiculous "everyone must use Galaxy or be a luddite" whine fest. That multiple people have called you out on this snobbish / elitist attitude should give you pause for thought.

Likewise, for some reason you also seem persistently incapable of comprehending that there are several reasons why some people don't want / need clients of which DRM is just one. Hence why I'm not interested in using Playnite either (which no-one called "DRM'd" either)...
Longcat: At no point in his post did Warupt mention anything that has remotely to do with "steam but without DRM".
If they really were "quality of life features that you cannot find anywhere else", they wouldn't be features you could find on Steam now, would they?

All the things he mentioned is just what GOG used to offer before they changed into ... this.
Syphon72: Here we go with you. lol Why not just reply to my post friend?

What do you mean "Here we go with you."?

I did reply to your post, directly under it, and you obviously understood that I replied to you.

Why not reply to what I wrote instead?

Since what I wrote was a reply to something you wrote that was, you know, obviously wrong.
Post edited March 20, 2023 by Longcat
Syphon72: Here we go with you. lol Why not just reply to my post friend?

Longcat: Since what I wrote was a reply to something you wrote that was, you know, obviously wrong.
Like I said before.
LOL.

https://xkcd.com/386/

I am also not surprised by two people here with their aggressive posts. LOL.
foad01: I am also not surprised by two people here with their aggressive posts. LOL.
Thread getting locked in 3... 2... 1...
Guys, please don't get this post locked. This topic is important.
BrianSim: I suggest you brush up on your reading comprehension skills. I never said "Galaxy was DRM".
Hence why I said your petty links to posts of mine you think are pro-DRM was irrelevant and silly. DRM is irrelevant to this entire conversation. Glad you agree.

So that leaves us with the website being a better experience than Galaxy, which is a ridiculous notion.
HKayn: Guys, please don't get this post locked. This topic is important.
This.

These issues have been piling up so it's important to keep this alive, let's not have it derailed by things that can probably be taken to DMs of some sort or to other forum topics if need be.
StingingVelvet: DRM is irrelevant to this entire conversation. Glad you agree.

So that leaves us with the website being a better experience than Galaxy, which is a ridiculous notion.
Before you jumped in with your "everyone here but me are stupid luddites" thread-crapping, people here were discussing about how to improve the GOG experience for everyone. All you have been doing is arguing that only Galaxy users "deserve" to see improvements, which genuinely does come across as staggeringly arrogant and self-centered. Is it "normal" for the Steam, EA and Ubisoft websites to be left half-broken simply because Steam, Origin and uPlay clients exist? Of course not. Is it normal for various banks, supermarkets, etc, websites to be broken just because they make an app? Should the option of using the Netflix website via a web browser be taken away just because they have a phone app? Again no. The choice isn't "either / or" and never has been.

When even Reddit is filled with complaints of endless broken Galaxy problems, "don't fix the website, just shut up and just use Galaxy" is not only no solution, it's basically you trying to rudely shut-down everyone else's conversation as if to say "don't bother improving the website at all" on a thread that's all about that. You need to accept not everyone wants to use a client - any client - DRM or not - and either engage more positively or at least stop your thread-crapping / name-calling.
ListyG: [...]
Right now, you are the one who continues with the off-topic posts.
foad01: Right now, you are the one who continues with the off-topic posts.
Just stop the projection. You are the one with the well known history of trying to get any thread closed that's even slightly critical of GOG as well as posting dumb one-liner meme's as your "contribution" (like in post #115). Do you have anything positive to contribute here in response to post #1?