It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Surrounded by great games and don’t know which one to play next? Worry not, we’re here to help you solve this classic gamer’s dilemma with the GOG Games Festival! We’ve packed the next two weeks with new releases, hot gaming deals, the latest demos to try, and a whole line-up of exciting upcoming titles that you can wishlist.

First, take a look at titles that are coming soon to GOG.COM, including Psychonauts 2, a highly anticipated platform-adventure game that is set to premiere next week, on August 25th. There are more upcoming titles joining our catalog, including adventure simulator Occupy Mars: The Game, the point-and-click thriller Slender Threads, the charming adventure game Eastward, and a brutal action RPG titled No Place for Bravery. Also, be on a lookout for a spicy sci-fi adventure game Subverse. Stay tuned as more titles and announcements are set to appear on GOG.COM in the coming days!

If you simply can’t wait to get your hands on some of the upcoming titles, check out our collection of demos during the GOG Games Festival. You can also discover a true FPS classic in a totally new light by grabbing a free copy of Quake II RTX. This version of the game includes three levels to test with more ray tracing-fueled visual fireworks if you own the original game.

We’re also expanding our catalog of classic games with four grand installments of the cult action-adventure series featuring the famous Lara Croft. Tomb Raider: Legend (-86%), Tomb Raider: Anniversary (-89%), Tomb Raider: Underworld (-89%), and Tomb Raider GOTY (-80%) are now available on GOG.COM!

We hope that with these and the upcoming game announcements, demos, and new releases we’ll stimulate your appetite for new gaming discoveries. If you’re still looking for your next game to play, we have prepared a wide selection of over 1,200 game deals up to 90% off that will satisfy even the most fastidious tastes. They include:

· Amazing Cultivation Simulator (-15%)
· BioShock Infinite Complete Edition (-75%)
· Cyberpunk 2077 (-33%)
· Dorfromantik (-10%)
· Gods Will Fall (-75%)
· Iron Harvest (-70%)
· Mafia III (-75%)
· Metro Exodus (-60%)
· Pizza Connection 3 (-80%)
· Shadow Warrior 2 (-85%)
· Tropico 6 (-50%)
· The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition (-80%)

Prepare yourself for another unforgettable gaming adventure by visiting the GOG Games Festival which runs until September 2, at 1 PM UTC.
cmclout: Why are GOG customers expected to pay considerably more for less content?
Because GOG is so much smaller than Steam to the point where it's not really financially worthwhile for these big-name devs and pubs to port stuff over (at least multiplayer it seems), especially for an 8-year-old game. (I'm not saying you have to like it, I'm just trying to give an explanation.)

personally, as someone who only cares about single-player, the deep discount sale prices are pretty fine overall.
Post edited August 21, 2021 by tfishell
TZODnmr2k5: EDIT 2 Did anyone else see that the RTX version of Quake 2 is free?
cmclout: To clarify that statement, the RTX version is free, but you still need to own the base game. If you do not own the base game, then you get only the 3 levels from the original shareware distribution.
Ahhh, thanks for the clarification, well seeing as hellpoint was free not too long ago, I would have thought this would have been the full game, and yes, I have the original...
Does Quake II RTX look any different when you don´t have a RTX card?
Thank you, Square Enix! You guys spoiled me silly with Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition not too long ago, which I am enjoying immensely. How awesome to see these extra Tomb Raider titles added to GOG's drm-free collection! Instabought them all! :D Me very happy!

Also, GOG, I appreciate all of those game demos. ;) They truly help me decide when I'm on the fence about a game, or even just to test if my rig can handle a game before I make a purchase. So, good call and keep that up! ;) But, ...with so many great demos sitting side-by-side so many great games inside my library, how does one go about organizing such a delightful mess? :P
We have a bit of a mystery. Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen is being actively promoted in the front page's 'featured demos and upcoming games' section, with a big picture even. But as far as anyone seems to know it's still stuck in a legal quagmire.

https://www.gog.com/forum/realms_beyond_ashes_of_the_fallen/i_thought_this_game_was_dead/page1
high rated
Quake remaster for GOG please. Everywhere else has gotten the free upgrade but us. Feels unfair we get shafted for our decision to purchase the game legitimately here.

On that topic, publishers should treat GOG customers with more respect overall.
Post edited August 20, 2021 by slbunny
cmclout: Why are GOG customers expected to pay considerably more for less content?
tfishell: Because GOG is so much smaller than Steam to the point where it's not really financially worthwhile for these big-name devs and pubs to port stuff over (at least multiplayer it seems), especially for an 8-year-old game. (I'm not saying you have to like it, I'm just trying to give an explanation.)

personally, as someone who only cares about single-player, the deep discount sale prices are pretty fine overall.
I also care only about the single-player experience, and I can fully understand developers not wanting to put in extra work to make multiplayer work with a different platform for an old game. I personally don't have any problem with them cutting it out (though I'm sure others will have a problem with it). My problem is explicitly being charged more money for less content. The GOG price for single-player-only content is more than the Steam price for the complete game, and that should never be the case.
VanishedOne: We have a bit of a mystery. Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen is being actively promoted in the front page's 'featured demos and upcoming games' section, with a big picture even. But as far as anyone seems to know it's still stuck in a legal quagmire.
That does not sound like a horrible quadmire. More like a horrible waste of time, money and nerves which nevertheless should be resolvable in the end, especially when an actual (expensive) lawyer gets involved.
Post edited August 20, 2021 by BitMaster_1980
low rated
Tomb Raider Anniversary !
最後に、関係者の皆様、ありがとうございました !
Nude patch isn't necessary.
Hi Lara!
1. Is the Linux version for the latest Tomb Raider game also planned. The only reason i bought it on steam, otherwise not really of interest.
2. Did you or Square Enix finally fix the bug in that one add-on treasure map? I know i stumbled over it in 2019/2020 and the only suggestion in forums from 2016/2017 or earlier was to reload an earlier savepoint.
Post edited August 20, 2021 by WilNosg
Crimson-X: I think it's because Double Fine already had made plans to release it on GOG before they got bought by Microsoft.
But still, they had to deal with GOG. It's easier to follow, if you already are business partners.
I missed out on a lot of great hits growing up and never played Tomb Raider before. I didn't really want to buy it in case I didn't like it or something, although I did get Shadow and Rise for free on PS4, but eh, with these prices I can't say no.
psychozof: Nude patch isn't necessary.
I agree with you on that.

Furthermore I HIGHLY recommend this mod made by Gh0stBlade to everyone:
Tomb Raider Definitive Edition new Lara Models from PS4 to PC

It replaces Lara's models of PC version with those of Definitive Edition from PlayStation 4, making Lara's face much more lifelike and beautiful. It works with the Steam version, but not sure about GOG version. Will be glad if someone tested and gave us a green light :)

edit: here's the original thread, which is listed on the page where the link above goes, but I think should also post here.
https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=217504
Post edited August 20, 2021 by 自在猫
cmclout: I'm glad to have Tomb Raider GOTY here and I'll definitely buy it, but the price is insulting (when compared to Steam).

On Steam, the full price of Tomb Raider GOTY is $19.80 and the sale price is $3.87, and that includes the multiplayer content and functionality (which costs $9.00 full price and $1.90 on sale). On GOG, the full price is $19.99 and the sale price is $3.99, and that includes only the single-player content (no multiplayer content or functionality).

In other words, GOG is selling the game (on sale) for $3.99, and the same content is sold on Steam for $1.97, so GOG customers have to pay a little over twice as much (102% increase). The full price is similar -- $19.99 on GOG versus $10.80 for the same content on Steam (85% increase for GOG customers).

Why are GOG customers expected to pay considerably more for less content?
Your math is way off here and it shows you are oblivious when it comes to pricing something. You can't just deduct the value of an add-on individually from a package that contains the base game and all add-ons. The package is supposed to already have a discount for buying all add-ons. Also, let me remind you that Steam has clauses that avoid pricing games lower on other storefronts.

But what irks me the most is the audacity in which you complain that you're offended when the difference on the price on sale is... TWELVE CENTS.... I'm pretty sure you're aware that GOG's revenue is much, much lower than that of Steam and if you are really a supporter of DRM free games, then twelve cents should be no problem to "let your wallet speak". But I'm guessing these TWELVE CENTS activate your stingy alter-ego's gag reflex.
Post edited August 20, 2021 by ysperchy
AFAIK, the Mac and Linux versions of Psychonauts 2 have no release date. Will GOG have those platforms too once they are released?

SCPM: Now that Xbox Games is finally publishing on GOG, here’s hoping we’ll see the likes of Ori 2, State of Decay, and Fable. :)
Are there any other games published by Xbox Games here besides Psychonauts 2 though? I am thinking that this may be an exception, given that Psychonauts 2 was (initially) crowd-funded and promised to be a DRM-free release before Microsoft acquired Double Fine. Maybe they even laid the groundwork for a GOG release, since Double Fine does have their other games here too.