It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Hi,

welcome to the official GOG Galaxy forum thread. Please read the below info first:

== GOG GALAXY FEATURES IN GAMES ==

List of games supporting various GOG Galaxy features:
Achievements: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=achievements&sort=bestselling&page=1
Cloud Saves: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=cloud_saves&sort=bestselling&page=1
Overlay: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=overlay&sort=bestselling&page=1

== BUG REPORTING ==

Please use: http://mantis.gog.com and include
1. steps to reproduce the bug (if possible)
2. screenshot or movie showing the bug (if possible)
3. Galaxy Client logs (location described on mantis report page)

== FEATURE SUGGESTIONS ==

Please use: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy. For feature suggestions and votes on them please try do explain how Galaxy and its users will really benefit from it.

== IMPORT ALREADY INSTALLED GAMES TO GALAXY ==

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the Galaxy logo button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library (click on the image of the game), then click the More button and select "Manage Installation" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.

== KNOWN ISSUES ==
- Galaxy cannot be launched by other users on the same computer

== CHANGELOG ==

1.2.49 (November 29, 2018)
- [Windows] Updater now requires administrator privileges to perform update of GOG Galaxy
- [Windows] Security of directories containing GOG Galaxy files has been improved
- [Windows] Updated Code Signing Certificate
- [Windows] Crash reporter has been added to Galaxy Communication Service
Bugfixes:
- Prevented several potential causes of "broken" games, where only way out was reinstalling
- [MacOS] Fixed a crash on shutdown when fatal error was shown

1.2.50 (December 13, 2018)
Changes & Improvements:
- Speed up startup time
- [MacOS] Strengthen up connection security with ClientService
Bugfixes:
- Fixed "disk access problem" when installing games, occuring mostly on fresh installation of GOG Galaxy
- Fixed a rare occurrence of a game update resulting in displaying "unknown game version"

1.2.51 (December 20, 2018)
- Improved Korean translations
- Fixed connection to notifications pusher in GOG Galaxy SDK

1.2.54 (March 14, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Updated Chromium version to 71:
- Better performance
- Fixes playing Twitch videos on profiles
- Fixes playing Wistia videos
- Security fixes in the game installation process
- Security fixes in GOG Galaxy update process
- GOG Galaxy Updater should perform better under poor network conditions
Bugfixes:
- [macOS] Fixed passing multiple commandline arguments to games
- [macOS] Multiple "friend online" notifications will no longer appear when system wakes up
- Dates are now properly displayed in cloud saves conflict window

1.2.55 (April 17, 2019)
- Hotfix for unintentional opening of Facebook link after entering Forum

1.2.56 (May 06, 2019)
Bugfixes:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will fix the path to its internal services, if it finds it is wrong
- Updating of games' local dependencies (e.g. Dosbox) will be handled correctly
- Unexpected files in games' directories will no longer cause failure of games’ update

1.2.57 (June 12, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Minor download speed optimizations
- Changes in PayPal payment flow
Bugfixes:
- Fixed rare crash occurence when reordering games' updates and installations
- GOG Galaxy will correctly reconnect to GOG services after long time of no internet connection

1.2.58 (September 13, 2019)
macOS:
- Enabled hardened runtime, making our application more secure
- Implemented Apple's notarization

1.2.59 (September 23, 2019)
Overlay:
- [Windows] Fixed crash in Overlay affecting some games (including Fallout 3 (Radeon only) and Dragon Age: Origins)
Achievements:
- [Windows] Fixed issue with achievements sometimes not being saved while playing offline

1.2.60 Beta (07 October, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update

1.2.61 Beta (October 23, 2019)
Updater:
- Fixed an issue where non-admin users would not be able to update to newer versions of GOG Galaxy

1.2.62 Beta (October 30, 2019)
Overlay:
- Fixed crashes for various games

1.2.63 (December 02, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update
Overlay [Windows]:
- Now supports games which use Vulkan API (e.g. Jupiter Hell, X4: Foundations)
- Fixes crashes for various games

1.2.64 (December 04, 2019)
- Hotfix for launching games

1.2.66 (January 23, 2020)
- Added information about GOG Galaxy 2.0 Open Beta
- Optimization related to showing download progress
- Fixed an issue where Overlay did not launch for some games that use Vulkan
- [Windows] Updated code signing certificate
- [MacOS] Crash fixes

1.2.67 (February 24, 2020)
General:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will now show a warning when trying to run on non-NTFS file systems
- Improved security of the application
- Updated POCO library
GOG GALAXY Update:
- Fixes for bugs in the GOG Galaxy update process
Post edited February 24, 2020 by TheTomasz
eschenbacher: After the last windows 10 update (v.1709), Galaxy managed to auto start at system boot. Before this update, it doesn't even start in the background because I edited msconfig.

I really hate such penetrating, importunate, invasive, obstrusive or what ever is the correct english term, pieces of software. I uninstalled Galaxy, even therefore I cannot play gwent anymore.

GOG looks like a really customer friendly company, but Galaxy destroys this impression effectively.
woytazGOG: Restarting applications which were running before shutdown is a new feature in Windows 10 Fall Creator's Update (v. 1709), as explained in this thread by a Support Engineer from Microsoft.

We'll be looking into this issue soon.

Until then closing the application before rebooting or shutting the computer down should help, which I know is not ideal.
And again one reason more to stay loyal to my Windows 7. All I hear about Win10 are complaints or bad ideas from the devs.

I already asked this but did not receive any reply so far. Is it normal that using chat using Galaxy overlay while a game is running is nearly impossible? It takes forever until the friendlist has been completed and then it takes several tries to actually open the chat (shows no connection until several retrys)? Does not matter which game I start and works fine again when the game has stopped running.
Ever since Galaxy came out I became lazy and stopped updating my backup of GOG games.

Recently, I had been thinking on how to best redownload everything from GOG, because for as good as Galaxy is, it isn't exactly built to allow easily constructing a huge download query with every interesting installer, patch and extra goodies for each game.

I spent some time considering Gogrepo, but it felt too much like a proof of concept that was never finished, and it kept failing already on the first game of the list.

So I decided to go with the good old Gog Downloader. Yes, it was a bit cumbersome to open a lot of tabs for the links for each game, but at least I could systematically open a lot of those and add all goodies with a single click, besides the installers and patches.

In the end, I had to resort to Galaxy for a few downloads, Warsow and Windforge had no Gog Downloader link page and most of Wasteland 2 Director’s Cut’s goodies weren’t added by its link, and it felt like a better downloader. So much that I downloaded the remaining games, Witcher 2 and 3, and their goodies from Galaxy.

In the end, I think that a bulk download management area in Galaxy would be great, at least certainly better than that small window with the download list and having to enter each game’s individual page and doing a lot of clicks to select all the stuff I want to download individually.

A few extra musings about Gog Downloader:
- There are A LOT of russian localizations and classic versions for various OSs listed as goodies. I ended up downloading all of them and them deleting the downloaded files manually because the Downloader had no remove option for queried downloads.
- For some reason, Dark Forces 2 downloads into a Star Wars Republic Commando folder (I don’t own RepComm so I have no idea if it would download to the same folder)
- It was never clear to me if I was getting the Classic Installers or Galaxy Installers. I just assumed I was getting whatever the downloads in the game card here on the site defaulted to.
- Various games that have no extra goodies will have a link for 0 Mb goodies download on their respective gog downloader links page.
- Some content that should appear under a special title in the Gog Downloader links page or under no title, actually end up appearing under the last title (usually Linux patches, I think). It ends up being confusing when you have a something_something_Windows_patch appearing there.

I know that the Downloader is Legacy and won’t be updated anymore, but at least these problems are documented here now, if they weren’t before.

Also, there is no easy way of knowing which games need CD Keys. I think I found all of them by exhaustively checking each game card (and all bonus games redeemable keys will list as CD Keys), but I also found an old Gog support email in my mailbox with a Multiplayer CD Key I have absolutely no idea what game it is for.

PS.: Yup, no data caps on my connection. Hooray! ^_^
PS2.: I noticed that Galaxy will sometimes download faster than it can update the query, resulting in a weird situation where it shows that it has stopped downloading stuff, but the bars under each thing being downloaded are still being updated one after another.
Post edited November 20, 2017 by Falci
eschenbacher: After the last windows 10 update (v.1709), Galaxy managed to auto start at system boot. Before this update, it doesn't even start in the background because I edited msconfig.

I really hate such penetrating, importunate, invasive, obstrusive or what ever is the correct english term, pieces of software. I uninstalled Galaxy, even therefore I cannot play gwent anymore.

GOG looks like a really customer friendly company, but Galaxy destroys this impression effectively.
woytazGOG: Restarting applications which were running before shutdown is a new feature in Windows 10 Fall Creator's Update (v. 1709), as explained in this thread by a Support Engineer from Microsoft.

We'll be looking into this issue soon.

Until then closing the application before rebooting or shutting the computer down should help, which I know is not ideal.
Thanks for the answer and sorry for my anger.

Until now on my system Galaxy is the only software with this behavior. No Browser, no mail, and no steam client does it. But good to know the reason.
Falci: the Downloader had no remove option for queried downloads.
From what I recall (and it has been a few years since I last used the GOG Downloader) you can remove queued downloads, but you need to pause them first. Can't recall exactly how though.

Falci: - It was never clear to me if I was getting the Classic Installers or Galaxy Installers. I just assumed I was getting whatever the downloads in the game card here on the site defaulted to.
You get classic installers. Same with most non-browser download methods.

Falci: - Various games that have no extra goodies will have a link for 0 Mb goodies download on their respective gog downloader links page.
Can you give an example of such a game? It might be a script that's messing with the goodies, and if that's not the case, it would be good to report said cases to support.
eschenbacher: Until now on my system Galaxy is the only software with this behavior. No Browser, no mail, and no steam client does it.
From what I recall, the program has to be compiled with a specific flag enabled, to notify the system that the program's state can be saved and recalled on later reboots. Can't recall what said flag was though, nor where I encountered that, but I could go looking for it tomorrow if you'd like.
Post edited November 21, 2017 by JMich
Falci: - Various games that have no extra goodies will have a link for 0 Mb goodies download on their respective gog downloader links page.
JMich: Can you give an example of such a game? It might be a script that's messing with the goodies, and if that's not the case, it would be good to report said cases to support.
Well, I don't know all of them, but Saints Row 4, Gat out of Hell and Shadow Warrior Classic Redux are good examples.
Hi everyone,

we deployed a fix to our back-end services for the self-update problems. Is the issue gone for you, or does it still appear?

Liosan
Liosan: Hi everyone,

we deployed a fix to our back-end services for the self-update problems. Is the issue gone for you, or does it still appear?

Liosan
I already asked this (meanwhile at least twice) but did not receive any reply so far. Is it normal that using chat using Galaxy overlay while a game is running is nearly impossible? It takes forever until the friendlist has been completed and then it takes several tries to actually open the chat (shows no connection until several retrys)? Does not matter which game I start and works fine again when the game has stopped running.

Liosan
No problem
Thanks for the fix.

Liosan
Fixed! Thank you!
Why the hell is GOG.com installing GOG Galaxy automaticly with a point-and-click adventure like Kathy Rain, without asking me first? I buy at GOG so that I don't have a cumbersome extra layer over my games!
grincer: Why the hell is GOG.com installing GOG Galaxy automaticly with a point-and-click adventure like Kathy Rain, without asking me first?
Most likely because you used a Galaxy Installer and didn't check the options first. Either use a classic installer (click on More in your library then classic installers) or click on options and uncheck the "Install Galaxy" checkbox. Said checkbox choice should be remembered on subsequent installations done on that machine, at least until you remove said setting from the registry (or GOG breaks compatibility).
If you donwload your installers through the GOG Downloader (or Galaxy, or gogrepo.py, or lgogdownloader) you will be getting classic installers by default.

Liosan
On my side I still have the error.
But I hadn't updated it recently, I'm still running 1.2.26

EDIT it worked a few hours later
Post edited November 22, 2017 by Penther_Sechs
So, ever since I updated to 1.2.29, I've been having trouble with Galaxy.

Specifically, I start Galaxy, then after a few moments a get a pop up message that reads:
(%appName%—Error, Connection to Communication Service was lost and could not be restored! GOG Galaxy will now shutdown)

Then it shuts down. What to do about this? Do I just wait for a new update? Is there something else I can do?

I'm on a Mac running OX10.13.1
I am running Galaxy 1.2.29 BETA and I am having problems with sync saves in Nevewinter nights and Dragon age Origins. At least these ones. Anybody with the same problem?

I mean that the games do not sync at all
Post edited November 22, 2017 by Gudadantza

Liosan
Update problem disappeared! Thanks you! :)