It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Hi,

welcome to the official GOG Galaxy forum thread. Please read the below info first:

== GOG GALAXY FEATURES IN GAMES ==

List of games supporting various GOG Galaxy features:
Achievements: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=achievements&sort=bestselling&page=1
Cloud Saves: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=cloud_saves&sort=bestselling&page=1
Overlay: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=overlay&sort=bestselling&page=1

== BUG REPORTING ==

Please use: http://mantis.gog.com and include
1. steps to reproduce the bug (if possible)
2. screenshot or movie showing the bug (if possible)
3. Galaxy Client logs (location described on mantis report page)

== FEATURE SUGGESTIONS ==

Please use: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy. For feature suggestions and votes on them please try do explain how Galaxy and its users will really benefit from it.

== IMPORT ALREADY INSTALLED GAMES TO GALAXY ==

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the Galaxy logo button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library (click on the image of the game), then click the More button and select "Manage Installation" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.

== KNOWN ISSUES ==
- Galaxy cannot be launched by other users on the same computer

== CHANGELOG ==

1.2.49 (November 29, 2018)
- [Windows] Updater now requires administrator privileges to perform update of GOG Galaxy
- [Windows] Security of directories containing GOG Galaxy files has been improved
- [Windows] Updated Code Signing Certificate
- [Windows] Crash reporter has been added to Galaxy Communication Service
Bugfixes:
- Prevented several potential causes of "broken" games, where only way out was reinstalling
- [MacOS] Fixed a crash on shutdown when fatal error was shown

1.2.50 (December 13, 2018)
Changes & Improvements:
- Speed up startup time
- [MacOS] Strengthen up connection security with ClientService
Bugfixes:
- Fixed "disk access problem" when installing games, occuring mostly on fresh installation of GOG Galaxy
- Fixed a rare occurrence of a game update resulting in displaying "unknown game version"

1.2.51 (December 20, 2018)
- Improved Korean translations
- Fixed connection to notifications pusher in GOG Galaxy SDK

1.2.54 (March 14, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Updated Chromium version to 71:
- Better performance
- Fixes playing Twitch videos on profiles
- Fixes playing Wistia videos
- Security fixes in the game installation process
- Security fixes in GOG Galaxy update process
- GOG Galaxy Updater should perform better under poor network conditions
Bugfixes:
- [macOS] Fixed passing multiple commandline arguments to games
- [macOS] Multiple "friend online" notifications will no longer appear when system wakes up
- Dates are now properly displayed in cloud saves conflict window

1.2.55 (April 17, 2019)
- Hotfix for unintentional opening of Facebook link after entering Forum

1.2.56 (May 06, 2019)
Bugfixes:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will fix the path to its internal services, if it finds it is wrong
- Updating of games' local dependencies (e.g. Dosbox) will be handled correctly
- Unexpected files in games' directories will no longer cause failure of games’ update

1.2.57 (June 12, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Minor download speed optimizations
- Changes in PayPal payment flow
Bugfixes:
- Fixed rare crash occurence when reordering games' updates and installations
- GOG Galaxy will correctly reconnect to GOG services after long time of no internet connection

1.2.58 (September 13, 2019)
macOS:
- Enabled hardened runtime, making our application more secure
- Implemented Apple's notarization

1.2.59 (September 23, 2019)
Overlay:
- [Windows] Fixed crash in Overlay affecting some games (including Fallout 3 (Radeon only) and Dragon Age: Origins)
Achievements:
- [Windows] Fixed issue with achievements sometimes not being saved while playing offline

1.2.60 Beta (07 October, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update

1.2.61 Beta (October 23, 2019)
Updater:
- Fixed an issue where non-admin users would not be able to update to newer versions of GOG Galaxy

1.2.62 Beta (October 30, 2019)
Overlay:
- Fixed crashes for various games

1.2.63 (December 02, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update
Overlay [Windows]:
- Now supports games which use Vulkan API (e.g. Jupiter Hell, X4: Foundations)
- Fixes crashes for various games

1.2.64 (December 04, 2019)
- Hotfix for launching games

1.2.66 (January 23, 2020)
- Added information about GOG Galaxy 2.0 Open Beta
- Optimization related to showing download progress
- Fixed an issue where Overlay did not launch for some games that use Vulkan
- [Windows] Updated code signing certificate
- [MacOS] Crash fixes

1.2.67 (February 24, 2020)
General:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will now show a warning when trying to run on non-NTFS file systems
- Improved security of the application
- Updated POCO library
GOG GALAXY Update:
- Fixes for bugs in the GOG Galaxy update process
Post edited February 24, 2020 by TheTomasz
Bellshazar: Can anyone help me with gog galaxy being unable to update. I've tried uninstalling every last little bit of gog off my hardrive and and downloading the newest version but every time I start gog galaxy I get the same error message
"There was a problem with updating the application. You can always download the latest version from:" which is what I just did.
I can still log in, I can still play and buy games, but every time I start gog it tries to update and fails. Sometimes I'm still logged in but usually not (and then I have to re-authenticate etc).
Could you post a bug report on http://mantis.gog.com/ attaching your logs from C:\ProgramData\GOG.com\Galaxy\Logs ? We'll take a look :)

I sent the GalaxyUpdater file (as far as I can tell you can only send one file). Hopefully it has what you need as I have almost stopped using galaxy as a result of this.
It's coming up on 6 months since the release of 1.2.0. Is it time to start speculating on 1.3.0? I hope so... xD

---

Bellshazar: I sent the GalaxyUpdater file (as far as I can tell you can only send one file). Hopefully it has what you need as I have almost stopped using galaxy as a result of this.
You can put them all in a zipped folder and attach the folder. This would be better so that GOG can find what they need.
Post edited September 10, 2017 by BKGaming
RTA: I've not submitted a bug report as I don't see this as a bug. It's a regular thing that happens and once it does I'm stuffed. To get the game database rebuilt, you have to wipe Galaxy and its folders. I've got no errors, just installation logs for games that were already installed but are now installing again.
As far as the installation of games goes, it's working fine, it just shouldn't be doing it. That's a coding issue, not a user issue.
BKGaming: Trashing the database because of a client update is not a regular thing.
Re-downloading entire games after the database has been rebuilt via a fresh Galaxy install is not a regular thing.

Even with the database gone, Galaxy should not be redownloading the entire game as long as you still have the orginal installation folder and as long as those folders still contain galaxy files like "goggame-galaxyFileList.ini" like in the Alan Wake folder you posted a picture of which the game should have if it was installed via Galaxy and not a standalone installer (even some of those will have it depending on how old the installer is).

This needs to be reported with logs.

If I can find a game I have installed that you also have... I can easily re-import it and tell you exactly how much data Galaxy uses to do so for me. Do you have something like Doom 3 or Obivion or Fallout 3 installed?

How many games are you importing at one time? I really would like to know this. Have you tried only importing 1 or 2 at a time to see if that makes a difference?
Hundreds.

I've been buying games from GOG for nearly ten years.

If you import just one game it still re-installs it.
You can tell that by the size of the download and it's a full re-install download, not just a check.
This is what it's always done whenever this happens, which is why I'm not best pleased when it does it.

Luckily I'm not on a metered connection. If I was, Galaxy would be a distant memory as I would have uninstalled it long ago.

All the ones it's re-downloading and re-installing already have the Galaxy ini files etc in there, but it still re-installs.
I just end up with exactly the same folder in exactly the same place but with new Galaxy files from the date of the re-installation replacing the old Galaxy files from the previous install[s].

If it was just updating the Galaxy files, we'd be talking a few K - With what it's doing at the moment it's replacing terabytes.
RTA: If you import just one game it still re-installs it.
You can tell that by the size of the download and it's a full re-install download, not just a check.
This is what it's always done whenever this happens, which is why I'm not best pleased when it does it.
Yea something isn't right. You need to report it if that is the case with your logs. That's the only way GOG can locate the issue. Report that and the issue with the database being trashed. Just put it all in one report and zip your logs and attach all of them.

I've imported many game. The only time I've ever had a full re-install was due to using standalone installers and then importing which was back when Galaxy was in early alpha. Some of the installers used different folder names then what Galaxy uses so it triggered a full re-download unless you modified the folder names to match what Galaxy uses.

Since beta though, in the majority of cases I downloaded no more than a few hundred MB. Most games though were only a few MB. That is with importing 30 -50 games at a time.
Post edited September 11, 2017 by BKGaming
GoG Galaxy is definitely a step in the right direction! I was hesitant at first because I thought it was some sort of smartphone-exclusive app (yes, really), but now that I have it, I'm quite happy with it. Just two small things I'd like to mention:

1. It would be amazingly useful if games could be placed into categories. There's plenty of game series out there that don't have consistent titles, meaning you have to hunt a bit to find them in a purely alphabetized list.

2. Just a small niggle: when choosing to post on the forums through GoG Galaxy, the editor automatically hits Enter on your message in progress when it's done loading the Add or edit your post dialogue. Not a huge issue for me, but I bet there's more than a few hunt-and-peck typists who don't appreciate that!

Keep up the great work!
Is there really no way to selectively download?

I had to abort one download because I wanted to pause it to download something else that I knew would download sooner. Abort takes the time to erase everything that it did.

And now Galaxy seems to think everything installed no problems and won't let me correctly install it.
ShadowWulfe: Is there really no way to selectively download?
If you start a second download, you can click and drag on items in the queue putting whatever you want in whatever order you want. So smaller downloads you can move to the top.

ShadowWulfe: And now Galaxy seems to think everything installed no problems and won't let me correctly install it.
Did you abort via the download queue (small x next to download)? It's bugged, the other abort buttons work though like one under MORE. It's been reported and the Galaxy team know about it.

If you wait, evenentually Galaxy will actually abort the download and remove it. It takes a little bit usually for me.
BKGaming:
Thanks, a simple "Pause" button would be helpful, the only one available is "Pause All".
ShadowWulfe: Thanks, a simple "Pause" button would be helpful, the only one available is "Pause All".
Technically either way has the same outcome, but I can see how it is confusing. You can also pause all and manually move downloads to the top and resume, etc or move them while downloading. Downloads towards the top will always download first, in the order they are in.
Hello,

I got an e-mail (only 2 hours earlier): BANNER SAGA is 4.29 EUR (-75%) (it was wishlisted)

But the game is on the site is 8.49 EUR (-50%). Why?

Best regards,
Zsolt as Csolt
RTA: If you import just one game it still re-installs it.
BKGaming: Yea something isn't right. You need to report it if that is the case with your logs. That's the only way GOG can locate the issue. Report that and the issue with the database being trashed. Just put it all in one report and zip your logs and attach all of them.

I've imported many game. The only time I've ever had a full re-install was due to using standalone installers and then importing which was back when Galaxy was in early alpha. Some of the installers used different folder names then what Galaxy uses so it triggered a full re-download unless you modified the folder names to match what Galaxy uses.

Since beta though, in the majority of cases I downloaded no more than a few hundred MB. Most games though were only a few MB. That is with importing 30 -50 games at a time.
I've had a look at the logs and part of the problem [apart from THOUSANDS of directories in 'Support'] might be the cef.log. All the other logs get to about 5Mb and start a new one but cef.log just keeps getting bigger and bigger, implying that it's holding the entire thing in memory all the time.
'Support' is also going to be a big issue because each folder contains another folder of the same name as the root, then whatever it wants to store there, so that's twice as many folders as there need to be from the off.

For example:

ProgramData\GOG.com\Galaxy\support\1207658645\1207658645\App\Save

Why two layers of 1207658645 ?
Why \App\Save & not just \Save ?

Now up to L, but still one entire folder, the legacy gog.com one, to go.
Still have to exit Galaxy to do anything else [like this].
Post edited September 11, 2017 by RTA
RTA: I've had a look at the logs and part of the problem [apart from THOUSANDS of directories in 'Support'] might be the cef.log. All the other logs get to about 5Mb and start a new one but cef.log just keeps getting bigger and bigger, implying that it's holding the entire thing in memory all the time.
'Support' is also going to be a big issue because each folder contains another folder of the same name as the root, then whatever it wants to store there, so that's twice as many folders as there need to be from the off.

For example:

ProgramData\GOG.com\Galaxy\support\1207658645\1207658645\App\Save

Why two layers of 1207658645 ?
Why \App\Save & not just \Save ?

Now up to L, but still one entire folder, the legacy gog.com one, to go.
Still have to exit Galaxy to do anything else [like this].
As I said, I'd report any info you can with logs to mantis. This is an issue that GOG needs to look into. Sorry, but I am out of ideas at this point.
Auto-Update:
Please add the option to toggle this ON / OFF. Thanks.
It's not always that I want to wait 5 minutes until this program has finished updating, also I don't want x programs running as processes in the background, so it's good if I can switch this OFF and chose myself when to update.
Post edited September 12, 2017 by XenonS
XenonS: Auto-Update:
It's not always that I want to wait 5 minutes until this program has finished updating, also I don't want x programs running as processes in the background, so it's good if I can switch this OFF and chose myself when to update.
The client or games? With games you can disable auto updates.

With the client that is not possible and probably won't be added as that would make the client less secure. The updates are generally small and shouldn't take more than a min or two on most connections.
XenonS: Auto-Update:
BKGaming: The client or games? With games you can disable auto updates.

With the client that is not possible and probably won't be added as that would make the client less secure. The updates are generally small and shouldn't take more than a min or two on most connections.
Hi BKGaming,
I mean the GoG Galaxy Client. The updates are very frequent, that's good in the sense that I know the client gets improved, but most programs have such a feature to disable auto-updates, I can always do it myself as an advanced user. (or I will have to remove the corrisponding *.exe and disable it in the Firewall :(