It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Hi,

welcome to the official GOG Galaxy forum thread. Please read the below info first:

== GOG GALAXY FEATURES IN GAMES ==

List of games supporting various GOG Galaxy features:
Achievements: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=achievements&sort=bestselling&page=1
Cloud Saves: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=cloud_saves&sort=bestselling&page=1
Overlay: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=overlay&sort=bestselling&page=1

== BUG REPORTING ==

Please use: http://mantis.gog.com and include
1. steps to reproduce the bug (if possible)
2. screenshot or movie showing the bug (if possible)
3. Galaxy Client logs (location described on mantis report page)

== FEATURE SUGGESTIONS ==

Please use: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy. For feature suggestions and votes on them please try do explain how Galaxy and its users will really benefit from it.

== IMPORT ALREADY INSTALLED GAMES TO GALAXY ==

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the Galaxy logo button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library (click on the image of the game), then click the More button and select "Manage Installation" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.

== KNOWN ISSUES ==
- Galaxy cannot be launched by other users on the same computer

== CHANGELOG ==

1.2.49 (November 29, 2018)
- [Windows] Updater now requires administrator privileges to perform update of GOG Galaxy
- [Windows] Security of directories containing GOG Galaxy files has been improved
- [Windows] Updated Code Signing Certificate
- [Windows] Crash reporter has been added to Galaxy Communication Service
Bugfixes:
- Prevented several potential causes of "broken" games, where only way out was reinstalling
- [MacOS] Fixed a crash on shutdown when fatal error was shown

1.2.50 (December 13, 2018)
Changes & Improvements:
- Speed up startup time
- [MacOS] Strengthen up connection security with ClientService
Bugfixes:
- Fixed "disk access problem" when installing games, occuring mostly on fresh installation of GOG Galaxy
- Fixed a rare occurrence of a game update resulting in displaying "unknown game version"

1.2.51 (December 20, 2018)
- Improved Korean translations
- Fixed connection to notifications pusher in GOG Galaxy SDK

1.2.54 (March 14, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Updated Chromium version to 71:
- Better performance
- Fixes playing Twitch videos on profiles
- Fixes playing Wistia videos
- Security fixes in the game installation process
- Security fixes in GOG Galaxy update process
- GOG Galaxy Updater should perform better under poor network conditions
Bugfixes:
- [macOS] Fixed passing multiple commandline arguments to games
- [macOS] Multiple "friend online" notifications will no longer appear when system wakes up
- Dates are now properly displayed in cloud saves conflict window

1.2.55 (April 17, 2019)
- Hotfix for unintentional opening of Facebook link after entering Forum

1.2.56 (May 06, 2019)
Bugfixes:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will fix the path to its internal services, if it finds it is wrong
- Updating of games' local dependencies (e.g. Dosbox) will be handled correctly
- Unexpected files in games' directories will no longer cause failure of games’ update

1.2.57 (June 12, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Minor download speed optimizations
- Changes in PayPal payment flow
Bugfixes:
- Fixed rare crash occurence when reordering games' updates and installations
- GOG Galaxy will correctly reconnect to GOG services after long time of no internet connection

1.2.58 (September 13, 2019)
macOS:
- Enabled hardened runtime, making our application more secure
- Implemented Apple's notarization

1.2.59 (September 23, 2019)
Overlay:
- [Windows] Fixed crash in Overlay affecting some games (including Fallout 3 (Radeon only) and Dragon Age: Origins)
Achievements:
- [Windows] Fixed issue with achievements sometimes not being saved while playing offline

1.2.60 Beta (07 October, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update

1.2.61 Beta (October 23, 2019)
Updater:
- Fixed an issue where non-admin users would not be able to update to newer versions of GOG Galaxy

1.2.62 Beta (October 30, 2019)
Overlay:
- Fixed crashes for various games

1.2.63 (December 02, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update
Overlay [Windows]:
- Now supports games which use Vulkan API (e.g. Jupiter Hell, X4: Foundations)
- Fixes crashes for various games

1.2.64 (December 04, 2019)
- Hotfix for launching games

1.2.66 (January 23, 2020)
- Added information about GOG Galaxy 2.0 Open Beta
- Optimization related to showing download progress
- Fixed an issue where Overlay did not launch for some games that use Vulkan
- [Windows] Updated code signing certificate
- [MacOS] Crash fixes

1.2.67 (February 24, 2020)
General:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will now show a warning when trying to run on non-NTFS file systems
- Improved security of the application
- Updated POCO library
GOG GALAXY Update:
- Fixes for bugs in the GOG Galaxy update process
Post edited February 24, 2020 by TheTomasz
JDVMSR: IT appears that there have been dozens of FIXES in paast few months, a continuation of the last five years. NONE of them allow us to access the DL page to update or DOWNLOAD additional material.
Can you be more specific which page you can't access and what error message you're getting? It would be helpful if you could open a ticket at https://mantis.gog.com and provide your logs (instructions are available at the linked page).

GOG Galaxy haven't had any long lasting outages since it's launch, and we constantly monitor number of online users to spot any issues.
Post edited August 30, 2017 by Venom
RTA: Galaxy periodically trashes its own database...
Liosan: I second what BKGaming said - your folder setup seems unique. What does your hardware / filesystem setup look like?

Also - what exactly do you mean by "you move the game to the genre folder" ? You go to a game folder, ctrl-x the whole thing, go to genre folder, ctrl-v... and then? I would expect in this case Galaxy would "forget" the game - it would not appear in the sidebar after restarting galaxy. Do you move games while Galaxy is running, and then (without restarting Galaxy) the client downloads the game back to the old location...? I'm sorry, you probably already answered this, but I'm confused :)

rs2yjz: So GOG gaaxy has failed to load for a number of days for me, I've tried reinstalling it a couple times but it is not loading. How can I play my games? I used to see ways around using Galaxy, but games I've recently downloaded say Try GOG Galaxy and I cannot get to download files.
Liosan: If the problem still persist (and you didn't uninstall Galaxy yet) - could you please report an issue on http://mantis.gog.com and attach all the logs there? A zip of everything from C:\ProgramData\GOG.com\Galaxy\Logs would help us investigate what happened.

Liosan
Nope. I'm not a total Gumby and spent several years working on large databases and file servers.
I'm talking about the GOG.com folder in your Start Menu/Programs, not the game install folders. Forgive me if I was being unclear. If left to its own devices, Galaxy just dumps everything under gog.com in Start Menu/Programs and it does this every time it updates something. Rather than try to scroll through everything in alphabetical order, I've created Genre & series sub-folders under Start Menu/Programs/gog.com - Those are the only things that I move.
Clearing the Galaxy db forces me to do this again for everything.

Nothing I have set up is unusual, but I don't like stuff installing to my boot drive, which I keep as clean as possible.
Another reason Galaxy is not installed on my 64 Bit machine.

Galaxy forces itself onto C:\ - nothing I can do about that so there it stays.
I have four game install folders on three other spindles. There would be only three folders but one drive also has a gog.com folder from the old days before you changed the install folder to be just GOG.
So, I have three GOG game install folders and one legacy Gog.com install folder.

Two days on and I'm still 'updating' even though there's nothing to update except the main Galaxy index file.
It seems to insist on re-installing everything rather than just creating an index of what is already installed.
That's just daft. No wonder it takes forever.

I'll be VERY lucky if I've finished 'updating' by this time next week. You could have built a new index with installation checksums in minutes, but instead it's re-install everything time AGAIN.

You'll understand why I'm not too happy when this happens as it happens far too often.

Yes, I have more than ten games. Yes, I have installation folders on more than one drive.
No, I do not understand why this creates a problem for Galaxy.

It should just be rebuilding its own index - a simple and quick job - not downloading and installing everything again.

The strain this puts on your servers must be incredible and it's all avoidable !
Post edited August 30, 2017 by RTA
RTA: It would seem that it installed a beta version, then a release version. I'm not sure why as I just have it set up update automatically and I have long ago unchecked the 'install beta' option.

Galaxy periodically trashes its own database. Typically about every third update. I have folders on four spindles. when it does this, I have to rescan each folder again. When I do, it takes a small eternity 'updating' files that don't need updating and re-writing every single game install into the gog.com root program folders directory, which I then have to move into the genre folders that I like to keep as scrolling through hundreds of games in alphabetical order in just one folder isn't much fun.
The typical time scale on this with Galaxy running almost 24/7 is over three days. I have to exit Galaxy from time to time as it doesn't like me doing anything else while it's going through the re-scanning folders chore.

I don't understand why it is continually accessing my boot drive [where the client is installed] when it is doing all this.
That's what causes me problems trying to run something else if I don't close Galaxy first.
BKGaming:
RTA: I ended up doing just that and clearing my Galaxy db, meaning that once more I've got to spend several days re-importing everything and re-filing the games folders in genre sub directories.
I doubt that I'd have this issue on my 64 bit machine, but this one is limited to 3.32Gb ram so with Galaxy continuously spinning my hard drives and taking a lot of ram to update those files which it has already 'updated' about half a dozen times already, I'm stuffed.
Why it continuously needs to spin my boot drive, I have no idea.
Once it stops being an SSD killer, I may migrate it to my 64 bit machine but I suspect that day will be a long way off.
BKGaming: How many games are you importing at one time (it takes me probably 5 - 10 min to do around 35 games) and how is your folder structure set up exactly? Can you like provide a picture or something as I'm trying to picture this in my head.

By default Galaxy installs games inside the Galaxy root folder in Program Files (x86) but you can pick where you want games to install when you install them on a game by game basis or you can change this directory globally under the client settings.

You can also directly access a games folder by going to the game page and clicking MORE -> Manage Installation -> Show Folder.

It sounds to me like the way you are setting up your folder structures may be causing Galaxy to bug out and causing the database to be trashed every time GOG tries to perform updates on it. It may also be caused by you manually moving folders around. This isn't a common issue so I would say it unique to whatever you are doing.
As I said in the reply to another post, I do not move anything except the launch icons in \Start Menu\Programs\gog.com into genre and series sub folders.

It's the fact that it insists on re-installing everything that takes the time.
All my installations are in Program Files\GOG bar a legacy one in a Program Files\GOG.com folder, they are split over three spindles. Nothing unusual in that and all programs are installed into default folders as set up in Galaxy.

Rebuilding this, with the re-installation of everything when it re-scans the folders it lost and the barrage of folders into \Start Menu\Programs\GOG is a complete pain and something that I should not have to do.

All the games are installed - Re-scan folders, build checksums, create index, Job done.
Sadly, this is not what Galaxy does.
JDVMSR: IT appears that there have been dozens of FIXES in paast few months, a continuation of the last five years. NONE of them allow us to access the DL page to update or DOWNLOAD additional material.
Venom: Can you be more specific which page you can't access and what error message you're getting? It would be helpful if you could open a ticket at https://mantis.gog.com and provide your logs (instructions are available at the linked page).

GOG Galaxy haven't had any long lasting outages since it's launch, and we constantly monitor number of online users to spot any issues.
Launching Galaxy, goto Library, clicking UNINSTALLED games for later play. Granted my ISP (HughesNet) is slower than dialup, but 16 hrs is a bit much. The server iNDICATOR icon goes in/out, indicating SERVER NOT RESSPONDING> It came online after posting the nasty gram, but still slow. We are on METERED service, and so DATA is restricted to 20Gb. FYI> after 12 (+/-) hrs finally got Antara downloaded, launched and after the INTRO it hangs and will not go further. Had the same issues with original game back in the day, but can not find my disk ATM. IT was written for XP or less, and I have W-7 Pro, 64-bit. On Alienware gamer, so might be too fast. Just dissapointed as I wanted to play that OLD game again.
Thanks for the reply. I will try DL again.
Post edited August 30, 2017 by JDVMSR
I hate to invade but I got a code for a discount on a game and I entered in the code and clicked continue but now I cant get the discount how can I use the discount.
Sirspamalot12: I hate to invade but I got a code for a discount on a game and I entered in the code and clicked continue but now I cant get the discount how can I use the discount.
Please contact support here: https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us and describe what do you mean by discount code. :) As far as I know we have only codes to redeem games for free (you can do it here: https://www.gog.com/redeem ).
Post edited August 31, 2017 by Johny.
Johny.: snip
So I got a friend request in Galaxy with no way to accept it. I get the notification and when I click it, it opens the friends list but there is no friend request showing.

I can accept it from the website though. Just letting you know. This was on v1.2.21 BETA.
Johny.: snip
BKGaming: So I got a friend request in Galaxy with no way to accept it. I get the notification and when I click it, it opens the friends list but there is no friend request showing.

I can accept it from the website though. Just letting you know. This was on v1.2.21 BETA.
I cannot reproduce this :( friend requests list is in a bar on the bottom of friends window. But you most probably know that.
I think this is the place for this; Every time I open a Mount and Blade Warband, the GOG Galaxy also opens. Not just pops up from the taskbar, but if I closed it the whole program starts up.

So far, no other game I've played has done this. How can I stop it?
hanchogrande: How can I stop it?
Games installed through Galaxy create a Galaxy launching shortcut. Delete said shortcut and create a new one pointing directly to the game's executable. Should you wish to use said game through Galaxy, you will (most likely) have to run it through Galaxy though.
JMich: Delete said shortcut and create a new one pointing directly to the game's executable. Should you wish to use said game through Galaxy, you will (most likely) have to run it through Galaxy though.
That worked, thank you! Was weird, it had the icon for the game but it was shortcut to Galaxy.
Sirspamalot12: I hate to invade but I got a code for a discount on a game and I entered in the code and clicked continue but now I cant get the discount how can I use the discount.
Johny.: Please contact support here: https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us and describe what do you mean by discount code. :) As far as I know we have only codes to redeem games for free (you can do it here: https://www.gog.com/redeem ).
While he most likely talks about a gift key GOG does have discount codes and you as a Blue should know that. ;-)
SpikedSoul: anybody else getting "server problems" for every single game in gog galaxy?

store works fine, website works fine, game installer download via website works fine...

so what`s going on?

support page is useless here, because as mentioned it concerns every single game...

anybody?

edit::complete reinstall of galaxy did not help either

2. edit:: sent a ticket to support, as problem is not covered by support centre entry...
Probably people like me who have Galaxy installed but are now having every single game re-download as 'updating' as Galaxy trashed my game db again with the last update.
I've now been 'updating' for seven solid days almost 24/7 and the drain on the Galaxy servers must be immense.
Wouldn't be so bad as all the games are already installed correctly but when the game db is trashed it downloads everything again rather than simply read the installation folders.
I can't be the only one.
RTA: Yes, I have more than ten games. Yes, I have installation folders on more than one drive.
No, I do not understand why this creates a problem for Galaxy.
I'm thinking this may be your issue. Not that your really doing anything wrong per say, but it seems to be Galaxy has trouble with installations that are spread out like this over multiple folder in multiple drives. At-least from what I've seen. I imagine GOG will get this worked out eventually though.

If you have the space I would recommend copying all your game installation folders to a single folder called "Games" on one drive only. AFTER you have copied them all to a separate location, uninstall them from Galaxy. You may even want to uninstall Galaxy too and delete the GOG folder in ProgramData to have clean install.

Re-install Galaxy to the drive where you want all your games to be in. Put the "Games" folder inside the Galaxy folder which is the default for Galaxy. Then scan and import by going to the GOG logo in top left -> scan and import -> select games folder. Make sure auto updates are on (recommended if you have no data limit).

I for instance on my PC have two HDD's each being 1 TB. My OS is installed on C:\ and I have Galaxy installed on D:\ which is reserved for games only.

So mine looks like this D:\GOG Galaxy\Games

Typically during scan and import I will only need to download 100MB give or take per game. Usually Galaxy can detect the game files already on the hard drive. Most games are only 1 - 2 MB, and you can save data & time by copying the "Dependencies" folder from the GOG Galaxy installation folder and putting it back in after a fresh install. This typically what Galaxy is downloading when I scan & import, not actual game files.

Just what I recommend, but do so as your own risk. I've never had Galaxy trash it's database on an update with this set up. I have trashed it myself once but that was my fault. Lol

If that doesn't work then the only other thing I can think of is a permissions issue with the ProgramData folder where the database is stored. But that should be handled by Galaxy.
Post edited September 04, 2017 by BKGaming
Minor issue with Galaxy, it will periodically start increasing the disk usage anywhere from 20% up to 50% according to task manager. Running version 1.2.20 and Galaxy wasn't doing this before and it doesn't seem to be updating games so I don't know why it would be doing this.