It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Hi,

welcome to the official GOG Galaxy forum thread. Please read the below info first:

== GOG GALAXY FEATURES IN GAMES ==

List of games supporting various GOG Galaxy features:
Achievements: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=achievements&sort=bestselling&page=1
Cloud Saves: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=cloud_saves&sort=bestselling&page=1
Overlay: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=overlay&sort=bestselling&page=1

== BUG REPORTING ==

Please use: http://mantis.gog.com and include
1. steps to reproduce the bug (if possible)
2. screenshot or movie showing the bug (if possible)
3. Galaxy Client logs (location described on mantis report page)

== FEATURE SUGGESTIONS ==

Please use: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy. For feature suggestions and votes on them please try do explain how Galaxy and its users will really benefit from it.

== IMPORT ALREADY INSTALLED GAMES TO GALAXY ==

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the Galaxy logo button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library (click on the image of the game), then click the More button and select "Manage Installation" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.

== KNOWN ISSUES ==
- Galaxy cannot be launched by other users on the same computer

== CHANGELOG ==

1.2.49 (November 29, 2018)
- [Windows] Updater now requires administrator privileges to perform update of GOG Galaxy
- [Windows] Security of directories containing GOG Galaxy files has been improved
- [Windows] Updated Code Signing Certificate
- [Windows] Crash reporter has been added to Galaxy Communication Service
Bugfixes:
- Prevented several potential causes of "broken" games, where only way out was reinstalling
- [MacOS] Fixed a crash on shutdown when fatal error was shown

1.2.50 (December 13, 2018)
Changes & Improvements:
- Speed up startup time
- [MacOS] Strengthen up connection security with ClientService
Bugfixes:
- Fixed "disk access problem" when installing games, occuring mostly on fresh installation of GOG Galaxy
- Fixed a rare occurrence of a game update resulting in displaying "unknown game version"

1.2.51 (December 20, 2018)
- Improved Korean translations
- Fixed connection to notifications pusher in GOG Galaxy SDK

1.2.54 (March 14, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Updated Chromium version to 71:
- Better performance
- Fixes playing Twitch videos on profiles
- Fixes playing Wistia videos
- Security fixes in the game installation process
- Security fixes in GOG Galaxy update process
- GOG Galaxy Updater should perform better under poor network conditions
Bugfixes:
- [macOS] Fixed passing multiple commandline arguments to games
- [macOS] Multiple "friend online" notifications will no longer appear when system wakes up
- Dates are now properly displayed in cloud saves conflict window

1.2.55 (April 17, 2019)
- Hotfix for unintentional opening of Facebook link after entering Forum

1.2.56 (May 06, 2019)
Bugfixes:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will fix the path to its internal services, if it finds it is wrong
- Updating of games' local dependencies (e.g. Dosbox) will be handled correctly
- Unexpected files in games' directories will no longer cause failure of games’ update

1.2.57 (June 12, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Minor download speed optimizations
- Changes in PayPal payment flow
Bugfixes:
- Fixed rare crash occurence when reordering games' updates and installations
- GOG Galaxy will correctly reconnect to GOG services after long time of no internet connection

1.2.58 (September 13, 2019)
macOS:
- Enabled hardened runtime, making our application more secure
- Implemented Apple's notarization

1.2.59 (September 23, 2019)
Overlay:
- [Windows] Fixed crash in Overlay affecting some games (including Fallout 3 (Radeon only) and Dragon Age: Origins)
Achievements:
- [Windows] Fixed issue with achievements sometimes not being saved while playing offline

1.2.60 Beta (07 October, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update

1.2.61 Beta (October 23, 2019)
Updater:
- Fixed an issue where non-admin users would not be able to update to newer versions of GOG Galaxy

1.2.62 Beta (October 30, 2019)
Overlay:
- Fixed crashes for various games

1.2.63 (December 02, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update
Overlay [Windows]:
- Now supports games which use Vulkan API (e.g. Jupiter Hell, X4: Foundations)
- Fixes crashes for various games

1.2.64 (December 04, 2019)
- Hotfix for launching games

1.2.66 (January 23, 2020)
- Added information about GOG Galaxy 2.0 Open Beta
- Optimization related to showing download progress
- Fixed an issue where Overlay did not launch for some games that use Vulkan
- [Windows] Updated code signing certificate
- [MacOS] Crash fixes

1.2.67 (February 24, 2020)
General:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will now show a warning when trying to run on non-NTFS file systems
- Improved security of the application
- Updated POCO library
GOG GALAXY Update:
- Fixes for bugs in the GOG Galaxy update process
Post edited February 24, 2020 by TheTomasz
shmerl: You are missing the point. Pro or not pro Galaxy, Linux now is simply missing releases on GOG because of lack of Galaxy. The trend which will only potentially worsen as time goes on.

And let's stop this "you should buy more Linux games here, and then GOG might start supporting Galaxy for Linux". GOG decided to support Linux, and if they are reconsidering now, it's not something we can influence. It's a problem with their management, not with GOG users. Other companies invest in Linux gaming market to help it grow.
Exactly, now all GOG is doing is costing themselves any Linux consumer base they may have gained in the last 3 years and basically telling their users to please go use Steam. They will better support your interest in Linux gaming.
shmerl: You are missing the point. Pro or not pro Galaxy, Linux now is simply missing releases on GOG because of lack of Galaxy. The trend which will only potentially worsen as time goes on.

And let's stop this "you should buy more Linux games here, and then GOG might start supporting Galaxy for Linux". GOG decided to support Linux, and if they are reconsidering now, it's not something we can influence. It's a problem with their management, not with GOG users. Other companies invest in Linux gaming market to help it grow.
BKGaming: Exactly, now all GOG is doing is costing themselves any Linux consumer base they may have gained in the last 3 years and basically telling their users to please go use Steam. They will better support your interest in Linux gaming.
i don't see what's really changed for Linux gamers here ?
Three years ago we didn't get games from publishers who insisted that they need the whole "Modern Gaming Experience" with gaming client integration, and are unwilling to provide a version without it.
And now we still don't get those games ...
why would any Linux gamer suddenly leave?
it's the same deal it has always been with games not being available here:
a) skip the game
b) get that single game on steam/elsewhere
c) leave GOG entirely because gaming elsewhere is better

side note:
we are missing lots of linux ports here which have no Galaxy integration at all. Linux ports simply are of very little priority for all developers, even for the huge number of Steam users.
And for the much smaller GOG user base the priority is even smaller.
anybody really annoyed about this has long left. The handful of missed releases we had recently are not really a new revelation.
immi101: i don't see what's really changed for Linux gamers here ?
Three years ago we didn't get games from publishers who insisted that they need the whole "Modern Gaming Experience" with gaming client integration, and are unwilling to provide a version without it.
And now we still don't get those games ...
why would any Linux gamer suddenly leave?
it's the same deal it has always been with games not being available here:
a) skip the game
b) get that single game on steam/elsewhere
c) leave GOG entirely because gaming elsewhere is better
Three years ago none of us got games from publishers who insisted that they need the whole "Modern Gaming Experience". Now the vast majority of us on GOG are getting those games except Linux users. Three years ago Steam was also still pretty new to supporting Linux and it is now the place to be for Linux gaming..

Why would those Linux users now stick around when GOG has purposely made it known they have no priority in giving Linux the same support as the other platforms?

If you are a Linux gamer and you were holding out hope that Linux support on GOG was growing and getting better, what would keep you here now knowing that you may never get the support you can get on Steam? Why would any Linux user even continue to check here for Linux games if most will continue to skip GOG due to lack of Galaxy.

I mean the number one wish now on Galaxy is Linux support... let's just look at those comments.

"About to purchase Halfway. See the price is the same on GOG and Steam. Want to give the transaction to GOG, but want to be able to play the game when I'm on Linux... giving this purchase to Steam. "

"GoG Devs probably now this. But we are missing another Linux port on GoG Thanks to the lack of GoG Galaxy.... So gog galaxy would be awesome, like... now... "

"Real bummer that Steam is available on Linux but GOG Galaxy is not. One of the few things holding me back from moving my library away from Steam. "

"So will this be happening or not? <br /> Will we Linux users be barred from increasingly more games due to the lack of Galaxy? <br /> Will we have to switch to Steam? "

"Don't care to get involved in any of the debates, just adding my voice: "Galaxy" will be nothing to me until it is native Linux. Won't even consider downloading it until then. If GOG wants to ignore me, it's their revenue loss. Oh, and I own more or less every Steam game that is available for Linux. So that's a lot of revenue. "

Unless you are a die hard who hates clients, there is no real rationality to subjecting yourself to Linux games on GOG when GOG itself doesn't care to provide you real support.
It is extremely disappointing to hear that GOG aren't putting any effort into Galaxy for Linux. As others have noted this makes it highly unlikely that we'll ever see DRM-free Linux versions of certain games, and this makes it so much more difficult to promote and support GOG - I buy a lot here, but it's things like this that make me reconsider.

I used to spend a fair amount of time and resources contacting developers/publishers asking about bringing more games here, but for a long time now these efforts have been entirely focused on getting more of the missing Linux versions added instead :/ I'd be shopping elsewhere already if not for the fact that I absolutely hate DRM.

I get that Linux is a small segment of the market, but if support for it is lacking then of course its share will remain low - especially when the competition does support it. Look over at GamingOnLinux; frequently you see people cite the lack of the Galaxy client as their reason for refusing to use GOG and there is a fairly common sentiment that GOG are "anti-Linux". This isn't going to get better by ignoring it while your competitors actually work to improve things.
From: "We support all platforms" it changed to "we have tiers of support". I.e. it's essentially GOG saying: "Tier 1 gets full attention, tier 2 is an afterthought and we don't even care if releases won't come out here for tier 2".

It is a change, and a bad one.

And I agree with @adamhm. It's hard to promote GOG for Linux gamers, when they constantly ask "why should I use GOG, if they don't even support their own client for Linux". So idea "buy more / attract more users" sounds weird, if GOG themselves are creating blockers for that.
Post edited August 18, 2017 by shmerl
shmerl: And I agree with @adamhm. It's hard to promote GOG for Linux gamers, when they constantly ask "why should I use GOG, if they don't even support their own client for Linux". So idea "buy more / attract more users" sounds weird, if GOG themselves are creating blockers for that.
Hell it's getting hard to promote GOG to anyone. Between the lack of communication, the outdated site features and forum, the bugs, the fiasco known as Galaxygate (ie Galaxy bundled installers) to which GOG had a thousand better ways to handle that and choose the shittiest possible one ever, and now tiers of support... I myself have found my GOG support waning in recent days. I've come to realize GOG isn't going to ever be what I had hoped it would be.
Post edited August 18, 2017 by BKGaming
BKGaming: If you are a Linux gamer and you were holding out hope that Linux support on GOG was growing and getting better, what would keep you here now knowing that you may never get the support you can get on Steam? Why would any Linux user even continue to check here for Linux games if most will continue to skip GOG due to lack of Galaxy.
well, according to this thread we have missed 2 releases due to Galaxy. Meanwhile we have seen several Linux releases here in recent times. So why wouldn't you come here to check if the game you want is available here?

I mean, as I said, for me I don't really see much change. If I want a game, I check here first because I like to have the game here. But if it isn't available here, I simply buy it somewhere else. *shrug* I'm not married to GOG.
And it's not like it is a binary decision, either Steam OR GOG. I'll happily switch between shops for every game I buy.

There always were lots releases missing on GOG, and many will be missing in the future.
Same as we missed a lot of Linux ports and likely will miss more in the future.

sure I could imagine a much nicer world where things would be different, But I don't really get the doomsday talk here as if all rats would start leaving the sinking ship now.
Unless you are a die hard who hates clients, there is no real rationality to subjecting yourself to Linux games on GOG when GOG itself doesn't care to provide you real support.
now that's just silly and wrong.
If you are a die hard who can't live _without_ a gaming client, then yes, there is really no reason to stick to GOG.
For anybody who can live without a client there is really no problem with the linux releases provided here.
BKGaming: I myself have found my GOG support waning in recent days. I've come to realize GOG isn't going to ever be what I had hoped it would be.
I'm not sure what the problem is though. From their shareholders reports, it looks like they are growing, so that could naturally translate into improving their support evenly. But they also indicate that Galaxy itself got prioritized a lot, so everything else became secondary I suppose, including Galaxy for Linux.
immi101: well, according to this thread we have missed 2 releases due to Galaxy. Meanwhile we have seen several Linux releases here in recent times. So why wouldn't you come here to check if the game you want is available here?
That's only releases that I know about. I'm not really actively monitoring this situation, and the thread was created for anyone to contribute comments on this. So in reality there could be more, I'm just unaware of them. If I'll notice anything, I'll post there, but don't take it as a comprehensive list of all such cases.

And sure. Many Linux gamers would still come here to buy GOG releases, because we were here for DRM-free approach in the first place. But some were not, and they were buying on Steam too. And with increasing focus of GOG on Galaxy and actively pushing it for developers who release on GOG, I expect the percentage of such missing releases to grow. Which in turn will hurt GOG Linux user base.
immi101: well, according to this thread we have missed 2 releases due to Galaxy. Meanwhile we have seen several Linux releases here in recent times. So why wouldn't you come here to check if the game you want is available here?
This is only what we know of.. it's only bound to get worse. There could actually be far more games that had planned to release on GOG for Linux but didn't because of Galaxy.

immi101: now that's just silly and wrong.
If you are a die hard who can't live _without_ a gaming client, then yes, there is really no reason to stick to GOG.
For anybody who can live without a client there is really no problem with the linux releases provided here.
If you appreciate being an afterthought by GOG like shmerl said, then more power to you.. support is more than putting a game on sale and calling it a day. GOG is in the service business and this is just bad service no matter how you try to square it away.
Post edited August 18, 2017 by BKGaming
shmerl: From: "We support all platforms" it changed to "we have tiers of support". I.e. it's essentially GOG saying: "Tier 1 gets full attention, tier 2 is an afterthought and we don't even care if releases won't come out here for tier 2".
maybe I just have a too pessimistic outlook on the whole thing, but isn't the latter how it has always been?
Windows gaming was always the first priority, with OSX and Linux sitting further back in the priority queue.
And that's not just a GOG thing, Linux gaming is simply not on equal terms with gaming on windows.
anywhere.
I recently started using GOG Galaxy on Windows 10 and was wondering about display of the FPS counter outside of the overlay.

Looking at the changelog, it looks like this behaviour was present in a previous beta, 1.2.13.

I tried the key combination from the changelog entry for that version, ctrl+shift+tab, in Galaxy 1.2.17 but I couldn't get it to work. And the "Known Issues" section above includes: "FPS counter is not visible outside of the overlay".

Is it the case that the FPS counter display is not currently available outside of the overlay?

If so, I was wondering if there was a planned timeframe for implementation of the FPS counter outside of the overlay?

Thanks!
Oh_city: I recently started using GOG Galaxy on Windows 10 and was wondering about display of the FPS counter outside of the overlay.

Looking at the changelog, it looks like this behaviour was present in a previous beta, 1.2.13.

I tried the key combination from the changelog entry for that version, ctrl+shift+tab, in Galaxy 1.2.17 but I couldn't get it to work. And the "Known Issues" section above includes: "FPS counter is not visible outside of the overlay".

Is it the case that the FPS counter display is not currently available outside of the overlay?

If so, I was wondering if there was a planned timeframe for implementation of the FPS counter outside of the overlay?

Thanks!
I think its still in the beta phase, you can only use it outside of the overlay by enabling Galaxy beta updates in the client settings. I imagine they will roll it out to everyone once it's been fully tested.
BKGaming: If you appreciate being an afterthought
maybe let's stop it with the passive-aggressiveness, heh?
I'm just accepting a shitty reality, I never said I like it.
I've been on Linux for like 2 decades by now, if I would get up in arms as much as you guys about the lack of Linux support I would be in therapy by now :p
shmerl: From: "We support all platforms" it changed to "we have tiers of support". I.e. it's essentially GOG saying: "Tier 1 gets full attention, tier 2 is an afterthought and we don't even care if releases won't come out here for tier 2".
immi101: maybe I just have a too pessimistic outlook on the whole thing, but isn't the latter how it has always been?
Windows gaming was always the first priority, with OSX and Linux sitting further back in the priority queue.
And that's not just a GOG thing, Linux gaming is simply not on equal terms with gaming on windows.
anywhere.
It could have been that way for some publishers and developers who disregard Linux. But we are talking about GOG, who joined Linux gaming market, and became an important player in it as a distributor. So let's not conflate different issues. One is that publishers / developers should start releasing for Linux more. That is improving gradually already and it's not GOG's fault some still don't release for Linux. And another issue is that distributors should accommodate developers who do release for Linux. It's in the later that GOG are now slacking.
Oh_city: I recently started using GOG Galaxy on Windows 10 and was wondering about display of the FPS counter outside of the overlay.

Thanks!
BKGaming: I think its still in the beta phase, you can only use it outside of the overlay by enabling Galaxy beta updates in the client settings. I imagine they will roll it out to everyone once it's been fully tested.
Thanks very much for the quick response. This is good to know. I was thinking that the beta/release was a single stream but rather instead it sounds like two separate streams with features being moved over when ready. So the fact that this feature has not been added to a release version does not mean that it's been dropped from the beta stream.

Edit: Or at least, the changelog entries for the beta releases aren't in relation to the previous non-beta release, but rather the previous beta?
Post edited August 18, 2017 by Oh_city