It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Hi,

welcome to the official GOG Galaxy forum thread. Please read the below info first:

== GOG GALAXY FEATURES IN GAMES ==

List of games supporting various GOG Galaxy features:
Achievements: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=achievements&sort=bestselling&page=1
Cloud Saves: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=cloud_saves&sort=bestselling&page=1
Overlay: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=overlay&sort=bestselling&page=1

== BUG REPORTING ==

Please use: http://mantis.gog.com and include
1. steps to reproduce the bug (if possible)
2. screenshot or movie showing the bug (if possible)
3. Galaxy Client logs (location described on mantis report page)

== FEATURE SUGGESTIONS ==

Please use: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy. For feature suggestions and votes on them please try do explain how Galaxy and its users will really benefit from it.

== IMPORT ALREADY INSTALLED GAMES TO GALAXY ==

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the Galaxy logo button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library (click on the image of the game), then click the More button and select "Manage Installation" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.

== KNOWN ISSUES ==
- Galaxy cannot be launched by other users on the same computer

== CHANGELOG ==

1.2.49 (November 29, 2018)
- [Windows] Updater now requires administrator privileges to perform update of GOG Galaxy
- [Windows] Security of directories containing GOG Galaxy files has been improved
- [Windows] Updated Code Signing Certificate
- [Windows] Crash reporter has been added to Galaxy Communication Service
Bugfixes:
- Prevented several potential causes of "broken" games, where only way out was reinstalling
- [MacOS] Fixed a crash on shutdown when fatal error was shown

1.2.50 (December 13, 2018)
Changes & Improvements:
- Speed up startup time
- [MacOS] Strengthen up connection security with ClientService
Bugfixes:
- Fixed "disk access problem" when installing games, occuring mostly on fresh installation of GOG Galaxy
- Fixed a rare occurrence of a game update resulting in displaying "unknown game version"

1.2.51 (December 20, 2018)
- Improved Korean translations
- Fixed connection to notifications pusher in GOG Galaxy SDK

1.2.54 (March 14, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Updated Chromium version to 71:
- Better performance
- Fixes playing Twitch videos on profiles
- Fixes playing Wistia videos
- Security fixes in the game installation process
- Security fixes in GOG Galaxy update process
- GOG Galaxy Updater should perform better under poor network conditions
Bugfixes:
- [macOS] Fixed passing multiple commandline arguments to games
- [macOS] Multiple "friend online" notifications will no longer appear when system wakes up
- Dates are now properly displayed in cloud saves conflict window

1.2.55 (April 17, 2019)
- Hotfix for unintentional opening of Facebook link after entering Forum

1.2.56 (May 06, 2019)
Bugfixes:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will fix the path to its internal services, if it finds it is wrong
- Updating of games' local dependencies (e.g. Dosbox) will be handled correctly
- Unexpected files in games' directories will no longer cause failure of games’ update

1.2.57 (June 12, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Minor download speed optimizations
- Changes in PayPal payment flow
Bugfixes:
- Fixed rare crash occurence when reordering games' updates and installations
- GOG Galaxy will correctly reconnect to GOG services after long time of no internet connection

1.2.58 (September 13, 2019)
macOS:
- Enabled hardened runtime, making our application more secure
- Implemented Apple's notarization

1.2.59 (September 23, 2019)
Overlay:
- [Windows] Fixed crash in Overlay affecting some games (including Fallout 3 (Radeon only) and Dragon Age: Origins)
Achievements:
- [Windows] Fixed issue with achievements sometimes not being saved while playing offline

1.2.60 Beta (07 October, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update

1.2.61 Beta (October 23, 2019)
Updater:
- Fixed an issue where non-admin users would not be able to update to newer versions of GOG Galaxy

1.2.62 Beta (October 30, 2019)
Overlay:
- Fixed crashes for various games

1.2.63 (December 02, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update
Overlay [Windows]:
- Now supports games which use Vulkan API (e.g. Jupiter Hell, X4: Foundations)
- Fixes crashes for various games

1.2.64 (December 04, 2019)
- Hotfix for launching games

1.2.66 (January 23, 2020)
- Added information about GOG Galaxy 2.0 Open Beta
- Optimization related to showing download progress
- Fixed an issue where Overlay did not launch for some games that use Vulkan
- [Windows] Updated code signing certificate
- [MacOS] Crash fixes

1.2.67 (February 24, 2020)
General:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will now show a warning when trying to run on non-NTFS file systems
- Improved security of the application
- Updated POCO library
GOG GALAXY Update:
- Fixes for bugs in the GOG Galaxy update process
Post edited February 24, 2020 by TheTomasz
merploc: TIM ADD ME
You do realize you can add someone via the plus button on the friends list right? You don't have to manually find someone in the forum anymore.

See pic...
Attachments:
capture.png (19 Kb)
JohanLiebheart: I can't seem to see games changelogs from my library or sort them as "updated".

I was able to do this before from Galaxy, was that removed?
huan: I still see changelogs by clicking on the underlined version number in game detail. But only from game detail, not directly from library, if there was such feature I never noticed it.
Yeah,,, the problem persists. I have no issues sorting my games by "updated" at the website but I do not have that option at Galaxy and I am sure the option was there before. Also I cannot check game changelogs from my library using Galaxy, and I can do it using the website. Not sure if they removed that intentionally but it sucks
Maybe just maybe someday the Galaxy overlords will grace us with this feature... and no longer will I have to manually delete start menu shortcuts after every install and update. 33 shortcuts met their death on this day. :D

---

EDIT: Also on a side note can we get some kind of pop up or notification if we enter a password on a private channel of a beta and nothing is there. Like "There is no channel available using this password" or something. It's kind of weird that you enter a password and Galaxy just acts all fine like it was correct but then nothing shows in the beta channel drop down.

I tried to enter the beta channel for No Man's Sky which use to offer experimental patches on a private channel but now I don't see anything...

EDIT2: Never mind it WAS there it just didn't show instantly, it took a while... somebody please take a look into that. Makes a user think nothing is happening even though it is. Private channel seems a little buggy.
Attachments:
Post edited August 17, 2017 by BKGaming
Is "search" broke? Anyway, since nothing happened, I'll risk asking what may have already been asked. Practically everytime I open a game on Galaxy since the cloud thing started, I get an error message of sorts stating that the cloud and my computer have files that disagree and asks whether my computer or the cloud version is correct. How does one know? I've just been guessing that my PC has the latest version of the file so tell it to sync based on that. I could also say, "ignore". What exactly should I be doing? Am I doing something wrong that causes this in the first place? I haven't actually noticed any ill affects but it makes me nervous.
Babaorheum: We (linux players) are tired of this silence on your part, no news, nothing. You don't say if Galaxy runs correctly locally in your office...
We're not posting any news, as we have no news on GOG Galaxy for Linux. As we stated before we'll eventually bring it to Linux, but currently it's not a priority for us, and we don't have any estimated date to share at this moment.
Venom: We're not posting any news, as we have no news on GOG Galaxy for Linux. As we stated before we'll eventually bring it to Linux, but currently it's not a priority for us, and we don't have any estimated date to share at this moment.
I'm not even a Linux user (for gaming) and I think that messed up seeing as a number of games now are not releasing on GOG for Linux due to lacking Galaxy support. This means these games will likley to never appear on GOG for Linux because let's be honest the vast majority are not going to go back and add Linux support when GOG feels it's ready to actually work on it.

I'm not sure how you can justify not making it a priority when that is happening... even if I realize Linux sales are small in comparison to Windows and Mac.
BKGaming: ...
As you've noticed GOG Galaxy makes it possible for certain games to come to GOG.com at all. With every feature on our roadmap we evaluate how many users and how many games it will impact, and assign the priorities accordingly.
Venom: As you've noticed GOG Galaxy makes it possible for certain games to come to GOG.com at all. With every feature on our roadmap we evaluate how many users and how many games it will impact, and assign the priorities accordingly.
Which may be true, but by not have parity you are creating a system where one OS (Linux) is being gimped over the other 2 by lacking Galaxy. While before Galaxy, all of us were on the same playing field. We all got gimped versions of games or none at all due to lacking Galaxy.

If something like itch.io (which arguably has way less resources than GOG) can get full cross-platform support for their client pretty much right out of the gate with a lot of the same features as Galaxy... then GOG should also be able too.

As far as I know Galaxy was written in C++ and is using mostly cross-platform libraries, it really shouldn't be difficult if GOG prepared for it from the begining.

If you are not willing to make it a priority then make it open source... something I didn't really agree with but if that's how it is maybe it should be. Galaxy would be in far better shape right now.
BKGaming: Which may be true, but by not have parity you are creating a system where one OS (Linux) is being gimped over the other 2 by lacking Galaxy. While before Galaxy, all of us were on the same playing field. We all got gimped versions of games or none at all due to lacking Galaxy.
If it weren't for GOG Galaxy, the games you've mentioned wouldn't be on GOG.com at all. So the choice here is, should we bring them to Win & Mac only, or not at all.

BKGaming: If something like itch.io (which arguably has way less resources that GOG) can get full cross-platform support for their client pretty much right out of the gate with a lot of the same features as Galaxy... then GOG should also be able too.
I'm not saying we're not able to, or we don't know how. But building and maintaining a Linux build will cost us resources, which as in every company are limited. Currently we're not able to spend the time required considering our internal roadmap.

BKGaming: As far as I know Galaxy was written in C++ and is using mostly cross-platform libraries, it really shouldn't be difficult if GOG prepared for it from the begining.
GOG Galaxy was made with cross platform compatibility in mind, but each platform is a constant cost (dev, qa) . With our roadmap we don't currently have the resources to maintain the Linux version.
Venom: If it weren't for GOG Galaxy, the games you've mentioned wouldn't be on GOG.com at all. So the choice here is, should we bring them to Win & Mac only, or not at all.

I'm not saying we're not able to, or we don't know how. But building and maintaining a Linux build will cost us resources, which as in every company are limited. Currently we're not able to spend the time required considering our internal roadmap.

GOG Galaxy was made with cross platform compatibility in mind, but each platform is a constant cost (dev, qa) . With our roadmap we don't currently have the resources to maintain the Linux version.
Then maybe as I said above GOG needs to open source Galaxy. Open a fork on github or somethng and allow the community to contribute to it's development. Not only would that allow for you to need less resources, but we would get an overal less buggy and more stable client at a much faster rate. GOG could still verify all changes before pulling it into the main build.

Because lack of resources feels like either CD Projekt not giving GOG the resources it need to fully commit to Galaxy or GOG not being able to find enough people to work on it. Either way us users suffer and it sends the message that GOG can't compete on the same level of even with the simplest of clients (ie Itch) let alone Steam.
BKGaming: [...] GOG can't compete on the same level of even with the simplest of clients (ie Itch) let alone Steam.
I will respectfully disagree with this opinion. Itch.io is a great platform, with a great client, but they do not offer such things as multiplayer and matchmaking engine, friend system with game invites, in-game overlay, achievements, cloud saves, rollbacks and many more.
Venom: I will respectfully disagree with this opinion. Itch.io is a great platform, with a great client, but they do not offer such things as multiplayer and matchmaking engine, friend system with game invites, in-game overlay, achievements, cloud saves, rollbacks and many more.
Well to be fair... one is backed by a very large company and the other isn't. And Galaxy didn't have a lot of those things either until recently and I could be wrong but I think Galaxy has been in develeopment longer.

I just think personally at the speed you are getting features added and the with the lack of resources to fully maintain it on all platforms, you would accomplish more if you would just open source it. Something I was against but now I think it may be needed more the ever.

I mean if we consider what was in update 1.2 (which don't get me wrong was many nice features) and the fact it took over a year and half to get it (which seems like it took way longer that what would be needed if Galaxy had the full support it needed).. it doesn't give the best hope that Linux will ever be a reality at the pace Galaxy is being developed. At this point those user may as well use Steam.

I mean Galaxy is out of beta now and is still missing basic functionality found in most clients even on Windows, and still rather buggy.

But it is what it is... I guess.
Babaorheum: We (linux players) are tired of this silence on your part, no news, nothing. You don't say if Galaxy runs correctly locally in your office...
Venom: We're not posting any news, as we have no news on GOG Galaxy for Linux. As we stated before we'll eventually bring it to Linux, but currently it's not a priority for us, and we don't have any estimated date to share at this moment.
So you are currently simply not working on it at all?
BKGaming: [...] GOG can't compete on the same level of even with the simplest of clients (ie Itch) let alone Steam.
Venom: I will respectfully disagree with this opinion. Itch.io is a great platform, with a great client, but they do not offer such things as multiplayer and matchmaking engine, friend system with game invites, in-game overlay, achievements, cloud saves, rollbacks and many more.
If not Itch.io, then GOG can't compete with Steam, which offers same functionality on all platforms, including Linux. I'm somewhat skeptical, that company like GOG can't find resources to support development and QA of the Linux client.

Venom: I'm not saying we're not able to, or we don't know how. But building and maintaining a Linux build will cost us resources, which as in every company are limited. Currently we're not able to spend the time required considering our internal roadmap.
What is that roadmap which you mentioned? I.e. how long should GOG Linux users wait, until you reach that roadmap goal, and decide that resources for Galaxy for Linux should be allocated?

And if it's not time based after all, until what should we wait? I.e. what features on the roadmap do you need to complete in Galaxy, before starting to work on the Linux version?

I can understand waiting if there is indeed some roadmap on which Linux support depends, but if you don't have any goals set after which you plan Linux work, it means you basically don't plan it all.
Post edited August 17, 2017 by shmerl
BKGaming: If you are not willing to make it a priority then make it open source... something I didn't really agree with but if that's how it is maybe it should be. Galaxy would be in far better shape right now.
While I fully support the idea of open sourcing Galaxy, I don't think it will solve the issue of GOG not allocating any resources to its support. Look at it from perspective of developers who use it. Even if community will provide the Linux build, they'll have to deal with GOG supported versions, and community supported one (which can easily lack enough manpower to resolve issues in timely manner). In a way it would be only marginally better than developers deciding to release Linux version without Galaxy and some simply won't release at all like it's happening now.

That said, open sourcing is still a step in the right direction.
Post edited August 17, 2017 by shmerl
Hey guys, just wanted to tell you that I finally made it to install GOG Downloader on my Windows 10 and it's working, so I can finally say good bye to GOG Galaxy. I hope I'll never have to use it again.
Post edited August 18, 2017 by SLP2000