It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Hi,

welcome to the official GOG Galaxy forum thread. Please read the below info first:

== GOG GALAXY FEATURES IN GAMES ==

List of games supporting various GOG Galaxy features:
Achievements: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=achievements&sort=bestselling&page=1
Cloud Saves: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=cloud_saves&sort=bestselling&page=1
Overlay: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=overlay&sort=bestselling&page=1

== BUG REPORTING ==

Please use: http://mantis.gog.com and include
1. steps to reproduce the bug (if possible)
2. screenshot or movie showing the bug (if possible)
3. Galaxy Client logs (location described on mantis report page)

== FEATURE SUGGESTIONS ==

Please use: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy. For feature suggestions and votes on them please try do explain how Galaxy and its users will really benefit from it.

== IMPORT ALREADY INSTALLED GAMES TO GALAXY ==

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the Galaxy logo button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library (click on the image of the game), then click the More button and select "Manage Installation" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.

== KNOWN ISSUES ==
- Galaxy cannot be launched by other users on the same computer

== CHANGELOG ==

1.2.49 (November 29, 2018)
- [Windows] Updater now requires administrator privileges to perform update of GOG Galaxy
- [Windows] Security of directories containing GOG Galaxy files has been improved
- [Windows] Updated Code Signing Certificate
- [Windows] Crash reporter has been added to Galaxy Communication Service
Bugfixes:
- Prevented several potential causes of "broken" games, where only way out was reinstalling
- [MacOS] Fixed a crash on shutdown when fatal error was shown

1.2.50 (December 13, 2018)
Changes & Improvements:
- Speed up startup time
- [MacOS] Strengthen up connection security with ClientService
Bugfixes:
- Fixed "disk access problem" when installing games, occuring mostly on fresh installation of GOG Galaxy
- Fixed a rare occurrence of a game update resulting in displaying "unknown game version"

1.2.51 (December 20, 2018)
- Improved Korean translations
- Fixed connection to notifications pusher in GOG Galaxy SDK

1.2.54 (March 14, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Updated Chromium version to 71:
- Better performance
- Fixes playing Twitch videos on profiles
- Fixes playing Wistia videos
- Security fixes in the game installation process
- Security fixes in GOG Galaxy update process
- GOG Galaxy Updater should perform better under poor network conditions
Bugfixes:
- [macOS] Fixed passing multiple commandline arguments to games
- [macOS] Multiple "friend online" notifications will no longer appear when system wakes up
- Dates are now properly displayed in cloud saves conflict window

1.2.55 (April 17, 2019)
- Hotfix for unintentional opening of Facebook link after entering Forum

1.2.56 (May 06, 2019)
Bugfixes:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will fix the path to its internal services, if it finds it is wrong
- Updating of games' local dependencies (e.g. Dosbox) will be handled correctly
- Unexpected files in games' directories will no longer cause failure of games’ update

1.2.57 (June 12, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Minor download speed optimizations
- Changes in PayPal payment flow
Bugfixes:
- Fixed rare crash occurence when reordering games' updates and installations
- GOG Galaxy will correctly reconnect to GOG services after long time of no internet connection

1.2.58 (September 13, 2019)
macOS:
- Enabled hardened runtime, making our application more secure
- Implemented Apple's notarization

1.2.59 (September 23, 2019)
Overlay:
- [Windows] Fixed crash in Overlay affecting some games (including Fallout 3 (Radeon only) and Dragon Age: Origins)
Achievements:
- [Windows] Fixed issue with achievements sometimes not being saved while playing offline

1.2.60 Beta (07 October, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update

1.2.61 Beta (October 23, 2019)
Updater:
- Fixed an issue where non-admin users would not be able to update to newer versions of GOG Galaxy

1.2.62 Beta (October 30, 2019)
Overlay:
- Fixed crashes for various games

1.2.63 (December 02, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update
Overlay [Windows]:
- Now supports games which use Vulkan API (e.g. Jupiter Hell, X4: Foundations)
- Fixes crashes for various games

1.2.64 (December 04, 2019)
- Hotfix for launching games

1.2.66 (January 23, 2020)
- Added information about GOG Galaxy 2.0 Open Beta
- Optimization related to showing download progress
- Fixed an issue where Overlay did not launch for some games that use Vulkan
- [Windows] Updated code signing certificate
- [MacOS] Crash fixes

1.2.67 (February 24, 2020)
General:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will now show a warning when trying to run on non-NTFS file systems
- Improved security of the application
- Updated POCO library
GOG GALAXY Update:
- Fixes for bugs in the GOG Galaxy update process
Post edited February 24, 2020 by TheTomasz
Lucky me I guess as I did a fresh install right before updating to 1.2.18 so no long waiting for the database for me. I had no games installed at the time. xD
huan: It's done the same for me. First time I lost patience, killed the Galaxy process after minute or two with barely any disk or CPU activity. Then I tried again - it took 19 minutes for the window to appear. At least it's one time thing, after it successfully came up I tried restarting it and it appeared normally. [...] From that we can estimate that the database upgrade runs at the speed of 10 installed games per minute. And there was no window with either progress or notice that it's "doing database upgrade and it will take a while", and no visible disk activity (resource monitor showed few reads from galaxy.db, about 4kB per >30s)
bernstein82: Thanks man! same speed here, had to wait 36 minutes for the window to appear... *jeez*
hope no-one owns the full catalog of 2100 games, as who's enough patience to wait 3.5h without any progress bar... :-)
Hey,

we'll take a look on how database upgrades are performing. For me updating (at home) was nearly instanteous, but i have only around 10 games installed.

Also, we've been performing numerous database upgrades before, so i wanted to ask, if you had this problem before, or is is something new? Also if you don't mind, do you own a SSD?
This is my first time trying to download anything since the new update, but now my download speeds are ridiculously slow. I know this has been an issue off and on for a while, but they were working fine for me a couple of months ago. Any tips?
kanga: This is my first time trying to download anything since the new update, but now my download speeds are ridiculously slow. I know this has been an issue off and on for a while, but they were working fine for me a couple of months ago. Any tips?
Could you provide us couple more details?
- What exact speeds are you getting in the Client? And, for comparison, what speeds are you getting if you try to download this game using web browser from GOG.com?
- What specific game are you installing? Does the issue persist when attempting to install a different game?
- Is there any bigger network or disk activity happening on the Client (as per Task Manager or similar)?
Post edited August 13, 2017 by Destro
kanga: This is my first time trying to download anything since the new update, but now my download speeds are ridiculously slow. I know this has been an issue off and on for a while, but they were working fine for me a couple of months ago. Any tips?
Destro: Could you provide us couple more details?
- What exact speeds are you getting in the Client? And, for comparison, what speeds are you getting if you try to download this game using web browser from GOG.com?
- What specific game are you installing? Does the issue persist when attempting to install a different game?
- Is there any network or disk activity happening on the Client?
Like <0. The marker says 0.0 mb/s but it is slowly creeping.

First I was getting the "disc access fail" error, so I messed with a bunch of things to get that to work. Sorry, I'm not a computer person so I'm not exactly sure what I did. I didn't see Gog on the list of apps on the firewall settings. I worked with a few more settings and got it to start downloading without getting the error.

The smaller games I tried were ok, but now I am trying to download Memoria, which is 9gbs and it's stuck. I haven't tried to download via browser, I guess that's my next trick.

Just now I restarted my computer and got a new upgrade to the client and speeds started picking up again to around 3-4, but now it seems like it's stalled out again.

I'm using Windows 10 Pro

ETA: Started browser download, it is hovering around 2-3.5 mb/s
Post edited August 13, 2017 by kanga
Destro: Could you provide us couple more details?
- Is there any bigger network or disk activity happening on the Client (as per Task Manager or similar)?
Why you don't answer about my question, it is so complicated ?

We (linux players) are tired of this silence on your part, no news, nothing. You don't say if Galaxy runs correctly locally in your office...

And when we ask you nicely news about it, still nothing or still this fucking answer : No ETA ...
In fact, say the truth, it's more easy : YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT US !!!

I must to pay on Steam 3 games because YOU don't want release Galaxy on Linux. Games which are available here but not on Linux because there isn't Linux version of Galaxy.
bernstein82: Thanks man! same speed here, had to wait 36 minutes for the window to appear... *jeez*
hope no-one owns the full catalog of 2100 games, as who's enough patience to wait 3.5h without any progress bar... :-)
TheTomasz: we'll take a look on how database upgrades are performing. For me updating (at home) was nearly instanteous, but i have only around 10 games installed.

Also, we've been performing numerous database upgrades before, so i wanted to ask, if you had this problem before, or is is something new? Also if you don't mind, do you own a SSD?
Actually i vaguely remember a few times waiting a long time until galaxy started, but never linked it to an upgrade & i certainly never noticed it it taking anywhere this long before... then again my library has been steadily increasing.

of the 381 games in my library 297 are currently installed, so it translates to about 8.25 games per minute.

GalaxyClient-, User- & ProgramData are on an SSD (Apple TS128E) together with Windows 10 (v1703). Games are on an HDD (1.5TB 2.5" HGST). It's an older Desktop with a Core i3-2100T, 16GB RAM. Internet connection is 1Gbit fiber. According to ProcessExplorer load was at 12-25%, all of which in PocoFoundation.dll (if i remember correctly: some sqlite method).

Btw: Great reaction time! You guys rock!
Post edited August 13, 2017 by bernstein82
EDIT: You can ignore this. Would be nice to get some info on Galaxy on Linux though.
Post edited August 14, 2017 by BKGaming
If I'm offline on my laptop (768px high), the "Cannot connect to server, click here to connect" notification covers up the More menu after it's opened. It's basically impossible to reach the bottom of the menu if I want to change graphic settings or get the quicklink to the manual. If there was a way to dismiss this notification, this wouldn't be a problem.

It would also be fine if the More menu were on top of the notification, but I suspect that may not be possible (since the game page is a web page and the Cannot Connect dialogue is GUI, aren't they?). So yeah, a way to close the notification.
Post edited August 14, 2017 by Blackdrazon
TheTomasz: Hey,

we'll take a look on how database upgrades are performing. For me updating (at home) was nearly instanteous, but i have only around 10 games installed.

Never noticed something like this before, and I have been using galaxy... for a long time. Year minimum, maybe even 2.

No SSD, just plain old spinning rust. But the problem definitely didn't seem like disk speed was the bottleneck. Nothing else was running, disk LED was mostly idle, resource monitor showed almost no disk activity. And average speed per installed game was almost the same as bernstein82 above. I didn't dig as far as running process explorer on it. The 20 minutes it took in my case were about enough time to scan this thread if someone else has similar problem.

My system: Win7-64, 8G RAM, AMD FX-6300 for a processor, plenty of disk space.
I can't seem to see games changelogs from my library or sort them as "updated".

I was able to do this before from Galaxy, was that removed?
JohanLiebheart: I can't seem to see games changelogs from my library or sort them as "updated".

I was able to do this before from Galaxy, was that removed?
I still see changelogs by clicking on the underlined version number in game detail. But only from game detail, not directly from library, if there was such feature I never noticed it.
I would greatly appreciate feedback concerning why the following Background processes remain running and loaded after exiting GOG Galaxy:

Galaxy Helper Client Application (32 bit)

Galaxy Helper Client Application (32 bit)

Galaxy Helper Client Application (32 bit) - Yes, 3 copies reported running.

GalaxyCommunicationService (32 bit)

GOG Galaxy (32 bit)

GOG Galaxy Notifications Renderer (32 bit)

Galaxy is very easy and quick to launch without these processes being pre-loaded.

I say running because there is occasional processor usage by one or more of these processes (varies) even when not accessing Galaxy in addition to the small allocation of memory to keep those processes running, only a few hundred MB as reported by Task Manager.

Thank You
Hi - I've tried to do the leg work and find a solution on my own, but can't find any references to help.

I've just installed Galaxy and whilst login appears to work (I can see my username in the top-right), once logged in it immediately throws up the following error:

Connection to GOG Galaxy Communication Service was lost and could not be restored! GOG Galaxy will now shutdown.

There should be no network issues at this end hampering communications, so is this something on the GOG side or is there something I can try on this end to remedy it?

edit: scratch that, it's working. This is a case of "It's me, not you" :D
I'm at work, I just purchased a title and had used remote desktop to connect to my PC at home to install the client and begin the download so it might be done around the time I get home. Looked into logs - Galaxy client is looking for console id to match session id and reporting errors. I'm assuming this fault is because remote desktop and 'console' report differently (no longer rdp into console 0 like older windows could do). Anyway, used an alternative remote software, got in and runs OK. Now I just have to wait for my slow internet to download (6GB should take about an hour and a half if I'm lucky).
Post edited August 15, 2017 by ozoak
TIM ADD ME