It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Hi,

welcome to the official GOG Galaxy forum thread. Please read the below info first:

== GOG GALAXY FEATURES IN GAMES ==

List of games supporting various GOG Galaxy features:
Achievements: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=achievements&sort=bestselling&page=1
Cloud Saves: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=cloud_saves&sort=bestselling&page=1
Overlay: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=overlay&sort=bestselling&page=1

== BUG REPORTING ==

Please use: http://mantis.gog.com and include
1. steps to reproduce the bug (if possible)
2. screenshot or movie showing the bug (if possible)
3. Galaxy Client logs (location described on mantis report page)

== FEATURE SUGGESTIONS ==

Please use: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy. For feature suggestions and votes on them please try do explain how Galaxy and its users will really benefit from it.

== IMPORT ALREADY INSTALLED GAMES TO GALAXY ==

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the Galaxy logo button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library (click on the image of the game), then click the More button and select "Manage Installation" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.

== KNOWN ISSUES ==
- Galaxy cannot be launched by other users on the same computer

== CHANGELOG ==

1.2.49 (November 29, 2018)
- [Windows] Updater now requires administrator privileges to perform update of GOG Galaxy
- [Windows] Security of directories containing GOG Galaxy files has been improved
- [Windows] Updated Code Signing Certificate
- [Windows] Crash reporter has been added to Galaxy Communication Service
Bugfixes:
- Prevented several potential causes of "broken" games, where only way out was reinstalling
- [MacOS] Fixed a crash on shutdown when fatal error was shown

1.2.50 (December 13, 2018)
Changes & Improvements:
- Speed up startup time
- [MacOS] Strengthen up connection security with ClientService
Bugfixes:
- Fixed "disk access problem" when installing games, occuring mostly on fresh installation of GOG Galaxy
- Fixed a rare occurrence of a game update resulting in displaying "unknown game version"

1.2.51 (December 20, 2018)
- Improved Korean translations
- Fixed connection to notifications pusher in GOG Galaxy SDK

1.2.54 (March 14, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Updated Chromium version to 71:
- Better performance
- Fixes playing Twitch videos on profiles
- Fixes playing Wistia videos
- Security fixes in the game installation process
- Security fixes in GOG Galaxy update process
- GOG Galaxy Updater should perform better under poor network conditions
Bugfixes:
- [macOS] Fixed passing multiple commandline arguments to games
- [macOS] Multiple "friend online" notifications will no longer appear when system wakes up
- Dates are now properly displayed in cloud saves conflict window

1.2.55 (April 17, 2019)
- Hotfix for unintentional opening of Facebook link after entering Forum

1.2.56 (May 06, 2019)
Bugfixes:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will fix the path to its internal services, if it finds it is wrong
- Updating of games' local dependencies (e.g. Dosbox) will be handled correctly
- Unexpected files in games' directories will no longer cause failure of games’ update

1.2.57 (June 12, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Minor download speed optimizations
- Changes in PayPal payment flow
Bugfixes:
- Fixed rare crash occurence when reordering games' updates and installations
- GOG Galaxy will correctly reconnect to GOG services after long time of no internet connection

1.2.58 (September 13, 2019)
macOS:
- Enabled hardened runtime, making our application more secure
- Implemented Apple's notarization

1.2.59 (September 23, 2019)
Overlay:
- [Windows] Fixed crash in Overlay affecting some games (including Fallout 3 (Radeon only) and Dragon Age: Origins)
Achievements:
- [Windows] Fixed issue with achievements sometimes not being saved while playing offline

1.2.60 Beta (07 October, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update

1.2.61 Beta (October 23, 2019)
Updater:
- Fixed an issue where non-admin users would not be able to update to newer versions of GOG Galaxy

1.2.62 Beta (October 30, 2019)
Overlay:
- Fixed crashes for various games

1.2.63 (December 02, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update
Overlay [Windows]:
- Now supports games which use Vulkan API (e.g. Jupiter Hell, X4: Foundations)
- Fixes crashes for various games

1.2.64 (December 04, 2019)
- Hotfix for launching games

1.2.66 (January 23, 2020)
- Added information about GOG Galaxy 2.0 Open Beta
- Optimization related to showing download progress
- Fixed an issue where Overlay did not launch for some games that use Vulkan
- [Windows] Updated code signing certificate
- [MacOS] Crash fixes

1.2.67 (February 24, 2020)
General:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will now show a warning when trying to run on non-NTFS file systems
- Improved security of the application
- Updated POCO library
GOG GALAXY Update:
- Fixes for bugs in the GOG Galaxy update process
Post edited February 24, 2020 by TheTomasz
Hey,

We just released public beta of Galaxy 1.2.18.
The most visible change is the addition of new navigation menu, making Galaxy look more consistent with gog.com website.

There’s also a new menu notification system and some improvements to desktop notifications.

Also we fixed some bugs with game updates.

For full list of changes check the changelog in Galaxy
Venom: We're aware of the Hellblade issue, and we're investigating it. This is a new bug, and is not connected to the previous screen shot improvements that were released a while back.
Really so it so happens to be a new bug that causes they same exact issue? I''ve looked through the changelog and this fix isn't mentioned as being released in the timeframe of when that was posted.

This is BattleAngelAlita complaining about this issue nearly two months ago in which a supposed fix was in the pipeline but waiting to be released along with a new feature... and this is a [url=https://i.gyazo.com/d84f744b7c0ccb061a070035bfae6f82.png]picture someone posted a few days ago from Hellblade.

Looks like the same issue to me... but I realize looks can be deceiving.
Post edited August 10, 2017 by BKGaming
EDIT: Was able to fix the avatar issue by regenerating the cache in ProgramData. This can be ignored. Please view mantis log #0005223.
Attachments:
capture.png (273 Kb)
Post edited August 14, 2017 by BKGaming
TheTomasz: Hey,

The most visible change is the addition of new navigation menu, making Galaxy look more consistent with gog.com website.

There’s also a new menu notification system and some improvements to desktop notifications.

I can see CPU and disc activity but, after some minutes, no actual window. There appears to be a log entry 'Initializing Galaxy DB conversion from 11 to 12'--is that the hold-up? Or is the client now just broken on my machine?

VanishedOne: I can see CPU and disc activity but, after some minutes, no actual window. There appears to be a log entry 'Initializing Galaxy DB conversion from 11 to 12'--is that the hold-up? Or is the client now just broken on my machine?
It could create a holdup, is it taking a long time? Amount of game will surely influence the time of Galaxy DB conversion.
VanishedOne: I can see CPU and disc activity but, after some minutes, no actual window. There appears to be a log entry 'Initializing Galaxy DB conversion from 11 to 12'--is that the hold-up? Or is the client now just broken on my machine?
TheTomasz: It could create a holdup, is it taking a long time? Amount of game will surely influence the time of Galaxy DB conversion.
The window has appeared, eventually. (And then the client tried to update a couple of games I'm sure I'd previously turned off auto-updates for.)
TheTomasz: We just released public beta of Galaxy 1.2.18.
BKGaming: Sorry if I'm sounding like an ass but my running tally of bugs that I'm running into with the 1.2.x branch surpasses that of even alpha which is an accomplishment within itself.

We got...
6. Game icons that fail to load for whatever reason.
I think the icon bug haven't been fixed for years now :) I don't know why it is so difficult to fix this bug?
Attachments:
no_icons.jpg (415 Kb)
TheTomasz: It could create a holdup, is it taking a long time? Amount of game will surely influence the time of Galaxy DB conversion.
VanishedOne: The window has appeared, eventually. (And then the client tried to update a couple of games I'm sure I'd previously turned off auto-updates for.)
Hey,

was there no popup that GOG Galaxy is migrating data and it might take a while?

As to games that client tried to update: I have just tried updating from 1.2.17 with few games not being on latest version with auto-updates turned off for and unfortunately couldn't reproduce the bug. Would you be willing to send your logs from C:\ProgramData\GOG.com\Galaxy\logs to galaxy-client-support@gog.com or create an mantis issue on mantis.gog.com so we can check if anything unusual happend for you?
Uroboros797: I think the icon bug haven't been fixed for years now :) I don't know why it is so difficult to fix this bug?
Well the good news is the new notification system seems to work (at-least so far). Much better replacement, I really like it.
Post edited August 13, 2017 by BKGaming
VanishedOne: The window has appeared, eventually. (And then the client tried to update a couple of games I'm sure I'd previously turned off auto-updates for.)

Nothing I saw: just the usual popup about downloading an update (which I probably put straight into the background in order to look at another window), then no window at all during the migration.
It's done the same for me. First time I lost patience, killed the Galaxy process after minute or two with barely any disk or CPU activity. Then I tried again - it took 19 minutes for the window to appear. At least it's one time thing, after it successfully came up I tried restarting it and it appeared normally. Few log messages around the gap:

2017-08-10 19:02:40.647 [Information][SubSystem shortTasks thread (2)]: Initializing Galaxy DB conversion from 11 to 12.
2017-08-10 19:02:40.748 [Information][ (0)]: Authentication success.
2017-08-10 19:02:40.755 [Information][ (0)]: OnlineStateMonitor changed state from 'AuthorizedOffline' to 'Online'.
2017-08-10 19:02:40.755 [Information][ (0)]: Refreshing pop-up windows due to online state change to Online.
2017-08-10 19:02:40.755 [Warning][ (0)]: JobQueueHandler not yet initialized for handlePauseStateChanged
2017-08-10 19:21:17.982 [Information][SubSystem shortTasks thread (2)]: Galaxy DB upgraded to format 12.
2017-08-10 19:21:18.051 [Information][ (0)]: Serializing product 1207667083 to index
2017-08-10 19:21:18.152 [Information][ (0)]: Serializing product 1207665323 to index
2017-08-10 19:21:18.209 [Information][ (0)]: Serializing product 1207665193 to index
2017-08-10 19:21:18.274 [Information][ (0)]: Serializing product 1207666283 to index
2017-08-10 19:21:18.360 [Information][ (0)]: Serializing product 1454587428 to index
2017-08-10 19:21:18.457 [Information][ (0)]: Starting periodic cloud sync for all (198) products.
2017-08-10 19:21:18.459 [Information][ (0)]: No product configuration for '1207665173' was found in database.
2017-08-10 19:21:18.459 [Information][ (0)]: Fetching product configuration for '1207665173'

From that we can estimate that the database upgrade runs at the speed of 10 installed games per minute. And there was no window with either progress or notice that it's "doing database upgrade and it will take a while", and no visible disk activity (resource monitor showed few reads from galaxy.db, about 4kB per >30s)
Nevermind...
Post edited August 13, 2017 by BKGaming
It takes a long time without showing anything. I ended up closing the process and restarting my PC. Restarted Galaxy and thought it still was broken so I entered this forum and finally Galaxy has started. Really confusing.

VanishedOne: Nothing I saw: just the usual popup about downloading an update (which I probably put straight into the background in order to look at another window), then no window at all during the migration.
Same here.

There also seem to be a problem with the new notification system. I already answered all of them using the web site before calling Galaxy but in Galaxy they were still shown.
Post edited August 11, 2017 by MarkoH01
When Galaxy will release on Linux ?
Linux players have not Sudden Strike on Linux with GoG because we have not Galaxy ...

For me Galaxy for Linux is like Half-Life 3 for the players, just a fucking dream !!!
VanishedOne: The window has appeared, eventually.
huan: It's done the same for me. First time I lost patience, killed the Galaxy process after minute or two with barely any disk or CPU activity. Then I tried again - it took 19 minutes for the window to appear. At least it's one time thing, after it successfully came up I tried restarting it and it appeared normally. [...] From that we can estimate that the database upgrade runs at the speed of 10 installed games per minute. And there was no window with either progress or notice that it's "doing database upgrade and it will take a while", and no visible disk activity (resource monitor showed few reads from galaxy.db, about 4kB per >30s)
Thanks man! same speed here, had to wait 36 minutes for the window to appear... *jeez*
hope no-one owns the full catalog of 2100 games, as who's enough patience to wait 3.5h without any progress bar... :-)