It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Hi,

welcome to the official GOG Galaxy forum thread. Please read the below info first:

== GOG GALAXY FEATURES IN GAMES ==

List of games supporting various GOG Galaxy features:
Achievements: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=achievements&sort=bestselling&page=1
Cloud Saves: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=cloud_saves&sort=bestselling&page=1
Overlay: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=overlay&sort=bestselling&page=1

== BUG REPORTING ==

Please use: http://mantis.gog.com and include
1. steps to reproduce the bug (if possible)
2. screenshot or movie showing the bug (if possible)
3. Galaxy Client logs (location described on mantis report page)

== FEATURE SUGGESTIONS ==

Please use: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy. For feature suggestions and votes on them please try do explain how Galaxy and its users will really benefit from it.

== IMPORT ALREADY INSTALLED GAMES TO GALAXY ==

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the Galaxy logo button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library (click on the image of the game), then click the More button and select "Manage Installation" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.

== KNOWN ISSUES ==
- Galaxy cannot be launched by other users on the same computer

== CHANGELOG ==

1.2.49 (November 29, 2018)
- [Windows] Updater now requires administrator privileges to perform update of GOG Galaxy
- [Windows] Security of directories containing GOG Galaxy files has been improved
- [Windows] Updated Code Signing Certificate
- [Windows] Crash reporter has been added to Galaxy Communication Service
Bugfixes:
- Prevented several potential causes of "broken" games, where only way out was reinstalling
- [MacOS] Fixed a crash on shutdown when fatal error was shown

1.2.50 (December 13, 2018)
Changes & Improvements:
- Speed up startup time
- [MacOS] Strengthen up connection security with ClientService
Bugfixes:
- Fixed "disk access problem" when installing games, occuring mostly on fresh installation of GOG Galaxy
- Fixed a rare occurrence of a game update resulting in displaying "unknown game version"

1.2.51 (December 20, 2018)
- Improved Korean translations
- Fixed connection to notifications pusher in GOG Galaxy SDK

1.2.54 (March 14, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Updated Chromium version to 71:
- Better performance
- Fixes playing Twitch videos on profiles
- Fixes playing Wistia videos
- Security fixes in the game installation process
- Security fixes in GOG Galaxy update process
- GOG Galaxy Updater should perform better under poor network conditions
Bugfixes:
- [macOS] Fixed passing multiple commandline arguments to games
- [macOS] Multiple "friend online" notifications will no longer appear when system wakes up
- Dates are now properly displayed in cloud saves conflict window

1.2.55 (April 17, 2019)
- Hotfix for unintentional opening of Facebook link after entering Forum

1.2.56 (May 06, 2019)
Bugfixes:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will fix the path to its internal services, if it finds it is wrong
- Updating of games' local dependencies (e.g. Dosbox) will be handled correctly
- Unexpected files in games' directories will no longer cause failure of games’ update

1.2.57 (June 12, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Minor download speed optimizations
- Changes in PayPal payment flow
Bugfixes:
- Fixed rare crash occurence when reordering games' updates and installations
- GOG Galaxy will correctly reconnect to GOG services after long time of no internet connection

1.2.58 (September 13, 2019)
macOS:
- Enabled hardened runtime, making our application more secure
- Implemented Apple's notarization

1.2.59 (September 23, 2019)
Overlay:
- [Windows] Fixed crash in Overlay affecting some games (including Fallout 3 (Radeon only) and Dragon Age: Origins)
Achievements:
- [Windows] Fixed issue with achievements sometimes not being saved while playing offline

1.2.60 Beta (07 October, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update

1.2.61 Beta (October 23, 2019)
Updater:
- Fixed an issue where non-admin users would not be able to update to newer versions of GOG Galaxy

1.2.62 Beta (October 30, 2019)
Overlay:
- Fixed crashes for various games

1.2.63 (December 02, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update
Overlay [Windows]:
- Now supports games which use Vulkan API (e.g. Jupiter Hell, X4: Foundations)
- Fixes crashes for various games

1.2.64 (December 04, 2019)
- Hotfix for launching games

1.2.66 (January 23, 2020)
- Added information about GOG Galaxy 2.0 Open Beta
- Optimization related to showing download progress
- Fixed an issue where Overlay did not launch for some games that use Vulkan
- [Windows] Updated code signing certificate
- [MacOS] Crash fixes

1.2.67 (February 24, 2020)
General:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will now show a warning when trying to run on non-NTFS file systems
- Improved security of the application
- Updated POCO library
GOG GALAXY Update:
- Fixes for bugs in the GOG Galaxy update process
Post edited February 24, 2020 by TheTomasz
I got an email notification that gog will be switching from Galaxy 1.2 to 2.0 soon.

I certainly hope I will be able to opt out of a forced update. I tried 2.0 for a bit, found it to be an absolute pile of shit and installed 1.2 instead (while 1.2 is nothing to write home about, at least it's serviceable, unlike 2.0).

If a 2.0 update is forced on my, I'll uninstall Galaxy for good and if I want to track my play time in the future, I'll just use Steam instead (while Steam is nothing to write home about, at least it's serviceable, unlike 2.0).
If the useless functionality of GOG Galaxy 2.0 (almost everything except downloading / updating games, tracking time and achievements) can be disabled, then I'm okay with this update.
Second the petition for an option to op out of the 2.0 update.

Or, is there a a way to block Galaxy updates without blocking game updates/installations?
Galaxy just asked to update, so I'm trying the 2.0... the version still reports BETA... even if I didn't signed for beta versions in Galaxy 1.2 options...

It updated without issues, all previous settings are still there... took a while for it do dowload all the stuff of my library, but the installed games are still there.

I'm missing some TAGS, like the "COMPLETED" tag... I still see it in the site, and I can filter with it, but it's not listed in Galaxy...

Also to get to this thread, I had to:
- click on a random game of my library
- click on the menu and "view store"
- click to go to the forum of the game
- click on Community to go back to the main forum
- click on this thread...

I really hope there's a faster way to do that.
Post edited April 29, 2020 by powergod
powergod: Also to get to this thread, I had to:
- click on a random game of my library
- click on the menu and "view store"
- click to go to the forum of the game
- click on Community to go back to the main forum
- click on this thread...

I really hope there's a faster way to do that.
There is: open your brower and go to https://www.gog.com/forum/general/
I read in the FAQ that there are bookmarks... and I see over the pages the flag to set them bookmarked, but I can't see anywhere an actual list of bookmarks...
powergod: I read in the FAQ that there are bookmarks... and I see over the pages the flag to set them bookmarked, but I can't see anywhere an actual list of bookmarks...
We're aware of this issue and it will be fixed soon, you'll be able to bookmark any view.
I'm hesitant about adding games manually. Is there a risk those might get erased/reset in a future update, or when the beta is over?
powergod: I read in the FAQ that there are bookmarks... and I see over the pages the flag to set them bookmarked, but I can't see anywhere an actual list of bookmarks...
Johny.: We're aware of this issue and it will be fixed soon, you'll be able to bookmark any view.
@Johny. Hi, I want to ask - when TAGS created in Browser mode (or in Galaxy_ver_1.2.xx) would be backed to Galaxy_ver_2.0?
Johny.: We're aware of this issue and it will be fixed soon, you'll be able to bookmark any view.
LifeLover: @Johny. Hi, I want to ask - when TAGS created in Browser mode (or in Galaxy_ver_1.2.xx) would be backed to Galaxy_ver_2.0?
Hi. I'm really sorry, unfortunately I can't promise anything.
We're aware of the issue and we're investigating it.
LifeLover: @Johny. Hi, I want to ask - when TAGS created in Browser mode (or in Galaxy_ver_1.2.xx) would be backed to Galaxy_ver_2.0?
Johny.: Hi. I'm really sorry, unfortunately I can't promise anything.
We're aware of the issue and we're investigating it.
That's good that this drawback didn't go unnoticed.
The last update changelog says that this version should "partially solve" the bookmark issue... but for me nothing changed, them are still missing.

I tried to check uncheck the flag in some random forum pages, but still no bookmark list appear.
GOG why you upgrade the Client to 2.0 beta without my permission??? That sucks. There is no forum and for the rest I have no need for the Client....

Downgrade my Client quickly!!!
xtcrefugee: Hi guys, just FYI I'm getting the error "Essential components needed to start GOG Galaxy are missing. Please reinstall the application." every time I try to start GOG Galaxy version 1.2.67.58. If I remove it and reinstall version 1.2.66.64 or lower it works fine, and I've tried removing/reinstalling it multiple times now to check. I'm on the latest Windows 10 x64, all up to date.

I'm wondering if this is related to the security update that was part of 1.2.67.58? I have GOG Galaxy installed to C:\Games, but that's a directory junction to D:\Games on my system. Maybe this security update isn't handling NTFS junctions well?
facing the same problem - had to downgrade it to >.<
https://cdn.gog.com/open/galaxy/client/setup_galaxy_1.2.66.64.exe
No version of Gog Galaxy works on my computer now.
2.0 doesn't work.
1.67 doesn't work.
1.66 doesn't work.
It seems to grind away for about 6 seconds and then just fails.

2.0 gave an error: Requires higher authorization, but I already run it as admin for all users.
Help, please.
Post edited June 01, 2020 by dglas