It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Hi,

welcome to the official GOG Galaxy forum thread. Please read the below info first:

== GOG GALAXY FEATURES IN GAMES ==

List of games supporting various GOG Galaxy features:
Achievements: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=achievements&sort=bestselling&page=1
Cloud Saves: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=cloud_saves&sort=bestselling&page=1
Overlay: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=overlay&sort=bestselling&page=1

== BUG REPORTING ==

Please use: http://mantis.gog.com and include
1. steps to reproduce the bug (if possible)
2. screenshot or movie showing the bug (if possible)
3. Galaxy Client logs (location described on mantis report page)

== FEATURE SUGGESTIONS ==

Please use: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy. For feature suggestions and votes on them please try do explain how Galaxy and its users will really benefit from it.

== IMPORT ALREADY INSTALLED GAMES TO GALAXY ==

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the Galaxy logo button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library (click on the image of the game), then click the More button and select "Manage Installation" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.

== KNOWN ISSUES ==
- Galaxy cannot be launched by other users on the same computer

== CHANGELOG ==

1.2.49 (November 29, 2018)
- [Windows] Updater now requires administrator privileges to perform update of GOG Galaxy
- [Windows] Security of directories containing GOG Galaxy files has been improved
- [Windows] Updated Code Signing Certificate
- [Windows] Crash reporter has been added to Galaxy Communication Service
Bugfixes:
- Prevented several potential causes of "broken" games, where only way out was reinstalling
- [MacOS] Fixed a crash on shutdown when fatal error was shown

1.2.50 (December 13, 2018)
Changes & Improvements:
- Speed up startup time
- [MacOS] Strengthen up connection security with ClientService
Bugfixes:
- Fixed "disk access problem" when installing games, occuring mostly on fresh installation of GOG Galaxy
- Fixed a rare occurrence of a game update resulting in displaying "unknown game version"

1.2.51 (December 20, 2018)
- Improved Korean translations
- Fixed connection to notifications pusher in GOG Galaxy SDK

1.2.54 (March 14, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Updated Chromium version to 71:
- Better performance
- Fixes playing Twitch videos on profiles
- Fixes playing Wistia videos
- Security fixes in the game installation process
- Security fixes in GOG Galaxy update process
- GOG Galaxy Updater should perform better under poor network conditions
Bugfixes:
- [macOS] Fixed passing multiple commandline arguments to games
- [macOS] Multiple "friend online" notifications will no longer appear when system wakes up
- Dates are now properly displayed in cloud saves conflict window

1.2.55 (April 17, 2019)
- Hotfix for unintentional opening of Facebook link after entering Forum

1.2.56 (May 06, 2019)
Bugfixes:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will fix the path to its internal services, if it finds it is wrong
- Updating of games' local dependencies (e.g. Dosbox) will be handled correctly
- Unexpected files in games' directories will no longer cause failure of games’ update

1.2.57 (June 12, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Minor download speed optimizations
- Changes in PayPal payment flow
Bugfixes:
- Fixed rare crash occurence when reordering games' updates and installations
- GOG Galaxy will correctly reconnect to GOG services after long time of no internet connection

1.2.58 (September 13, 2019)
macOS:
- Enabled hardened runtime, making our application more secure
- Implemented Apple's notarization

1.2.59 (September 23, 2019)
Overlay:
- [Windows] Fixed crash in Overlay affecting some games (including Fallout 3 (Radeon only) and Dragon Age: Origins)
Achievements:
- [Windows] Fixed issue with achievements sometimes not being saved while playing offline

1.2.60 Beta (07 October, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update

1.2.61 Beta (October 23, 2019)
Updater:
- Fixed an issue where non-admin users would not be able to update to newer versions of GOG Galaxy

1.2.62 Beta (October 30, 2019)
Overlay:
- Fixed crashes for various games

1.2.63 (December 02, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update
Overlay [Windows]:
- Now supports games which use Vulkan API (e.g. Jupiter Hell, X4: Foundations)
- Fixes crashes for various games

1.2.64 (December 04, 2019)
- Hotfix for launching games

1.2.66 (January 23, 2020)
- Added information about GOG Galaxy 2.0 Open Beta
- Optimization related to showing download progress
- Fixed an issue where Overlay did not launch for some games that use Vulkan
- [Windows] Updated code signing certificate
- [MacOS] Crash fixes

1.2.67 (February 24, 2020)
General:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will now show a warning when trying to run on non-NTFS file systems
- Improved security of the application
- Updated POCO library
GOG GALAXY Update:
- Fixes for bugs in the GOG Galaxy update process
Post edited February 24, 2020 by TheTomasz
Projectsonic: For some reason the autoupdater has been triggering false positives all over the place in Sophos Anti-Virus. Anyone else also getting this?

I've been putting exceptions everywhere I can find GOG and the client, and updating's still halted every time.
kwako-gary: I have similar issues. I'm using Avast anitivirus and during the update from 1.2.6 to 1.2.8, I've got a warning from behavioral scanner that GOG Galaxy Notifications Renderer.exe behaves like an IDP.Generic malware. Scanning the file gives no warnings.
I also have Avast and it also got flagged as malware...
tibus274: I also have Avast and it also got flagged as malware...
kwako-gary: I have similar issues. I'm using Avast anitivirus and during the update from 1.2.6 to 1.2.8, I've got a warning from behavioral scanner that GOG Galaxy Notifications Renderer.exe behaves like an IDP.Generic malware. Scanning the file gives no warnings.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's a false positive. A lot of antivirus software still have issues with Galaxy.
Liosan: Hi all,

we just released GOG Galaxy 1.2.7, mostly with a bunch of stability improvements and bugfixes. You'll find the changelog in the usual spots - in the pinned post in this thread, and in the menu in top left corner of GOG Galaxy :)

Liosan
Outstanding!

Even though that was quick, the fact my Galaxy updated to version 1.28 was even quicker! Don't want to speak too soon, but I've been logged on for over a half hour even after it updated several other titles, so that's encouraging, and seeing as I'm writing this via galaxy...
It's BETA again ;) See the attached image.
Attachments:
128beta.jpg (152 Kb)
DrakoPensulo: It's BETA again ;) See the attached image.
Do you have preview updates on in settings? It will say BETA if you do... it's not very accurate as it will say that even if your not on a beta build.
DrakoPensulo: It's BETA again ;) See the attached image.
BKGaming: Do you have preview updates on in settings? It will say BETA if you do... it's not very accurate as it will say that even if your not on a beta build.
I do not think it is a preview version. I just downloaded the exe file from the GOG website.
tibus274: I also have Avast and it also got flagged as malware...
The same for me. I told the Antivirus to block this threat. Who knows what's living inside that suspiciously named file.
skaarj217: The same for me. I told the Antivirus to block this threat. Who knows what's living inside that suspiciously named file.
Based on the name its how Galaxy creates overlay notifications, and by blocking it your probably going to break the client or at the very least make part of it unusable. Pretty safe to assume GOG is not sending you malware. Antivirus software are known to throw up false positives on files they have not checked before but can be fasly identified as malware. I believe the file is new as of 1.2.x so most likely nobody has submitted it yet to your antivirus software to confirm it's not malware.

I've checked the file with Malwarebytes and it found nothing, it's far more trust worthy and accurate than most Antivirus software out there...

But it's your choice, just be aware Galaxy may now have issues and/or you may create new issues by blocking it. But generally speaking as long as you got Galaxy directly from GOG.com you can pretty much assume it's safe.

DrakoPensulo: I do not think it is a preview version. I just downloaded the exe file from the GOG website.
Somebody may have forgotten to change the label then... I can't tell as I have preview updates enabled. But yea it's definitely not a beta build.
Post edited May 20, 2017 by BKGaming
The same happened to me now, Avast shield just blocked GOG Galaxy Notifications Renderer.exe as IDP.Generic. I'm not going to take any chances now, I blocked the file.

If anything the file name is very suspicious. GOG guys should probably give us some official statement on what the file does.
After 1.2.8 the error comes up that" the connection has been lost and cannot be restored " .
Help guys can't play a game :/
This has been happening since galaxy was still beta, but every time i launch it, with login credentials saved, it takes about 3 minutes to show my installed games on the sidebar, and i get the message "loading timeout ... retry now" every time. Not a huge issue, but very annoying
Hej,

im running my Windows 10 with some Restrictions by Group Policies. I only allow Programs to start in certain folders. No problem if i whitelisted the Programs-Folder and the Program Data/GOG-Folder.

But some Setup-Executables are written to a generated Folder in User/AppData/Local/Temp-Folder. Is there a Chance to tell the Galaxy-Client just to use a Folder inside of Program Data?

Greetings Shakj
Hi,

How well does Galaxy 'play' (sorry for lack of a better word) with mods for games? I can't seem to prevent Galaxy from restoring the game to its factory default installation after I've installed a mod or two on it.
I've been a GOG user from way back and a Galaxy user for as long as it has been around.
Since moving to 1.2.x, I have a few observations to make:

Firstly, it lost my game install directories and decided I had no games installed, requiring me to re-import the folders and re-adjust my directory structure again. this has happened several times with various Galaxy builds, so I just thought "Oh no, not again" and reloaded everything. That's when the problems became apparent.

It is now an unbelievable resource hog, taking half of my 32 bit 3Gb RAM for itself and judging by the number of white screens, a fair deal of my 1Gb Graphics as well. I don't know what the programmers use to code this on, but I suspect it's not a 32 bit 3Gb RAM machine without SSD.
In use, the drive is accessed constantly. I have no reason to know why this might be, but one would have thought that once it had done its thing and loaded, it should have been idle.
I've not loaded this on my 64 bit machine as it still insists on writing everything to C: and I don't really want my SSD worn out by GOG logs and installs. With this latest build, I am very glad of that.

I can load Steam AND Origin AND Uplay on this same machine and still do other things like surf the web and read emails. If I load Galaxy now, I can do nothing but Galaxy and it has problems just with that. I have just spent over half an hour waiting for the program to respond to me UNINSTALLING something and in the end had to kill it through task manager to get here to write this.
The reason I was trying to uninstall something was that the installation failed. This seems to send the current version of Galaxy into a non stop loop of verifying existing files, downloading, installing again, failing again then back to verify.
I did hope that this would be the reason for the ever accessed drive and resource hogging, but apparently not.

This last version has turned what was an, admittedly basic, but functional multi game launch portal into something that is unusable. Half an hour waiting for the program to return mouse and keyboard back to me between even so much as a turn of game shelf screen isn't what I'd call usable.
On starting Galaxy, it takes forever, as rather than loading a snapshot of what it found out last time, it seems to re-check everything again.

I don't make many posts as I've seldom failed to be delighted by what GOG offer and even my rare technical support questions have been answered quickly and well.
I am forced to make this one because the current build of Galaxy is a catastrophe.

Maybe it's having 1000+ games that is the issue ? I don't know, but something is seriously wrong and Galaxy is close to being removed from this machine if things stay like this.

I'd love to say something positive about the 1.2.x builds. I'd love to hear someone violently disagreeing with me and having found the new builds faster and better than the previous ones. In short, I'd like this to be an isolated incidence that is only affecting me, but I somehow doubt it.

Please make Galaxy usable again or let me go back to the last build that was.

Thanks.
Here I thought it was just me. Yesterday GOG Galaxy automatically updated itself, my AVG antivirus flagged it, I said to ignore (because it was GOG) and it literally made my computer unresponsive. After about 7 or 8 power shutdowns (because nothing was working) I was finally able to delete GOG Galaxy thru the control panel. Now it looks like I have to redownload all my games. Not a happy camper (even if I was stupid). I'm lucky it's only 13 games.