It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Hi,

welcome to the official GOG Galaxy forum thread. Please read the below info first:

== GOG GALAXY FEATURES IN GAMES ==

List of games supporting various GOG Galaxy features:
Achievements: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=achievements&sort=bestselling&page=1
Cloud Saves: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=cloud_saves&sort=bestselling&page=1
Overlay: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=overlay&sort=bestselling&page=1

== BUG REPORTING ==

Please use: http://mantis.gog.com and include
1. steps to reproduce the bug (if possible)
2. screenshot or movie showing the bug (if possible)
3. Galaxy Client logs (location described on mantis report page)

== FEATURE SUGGESTIONS ==

Please use: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy. For feature suggestions and votes on them please try do explain how Galaxy and its users will really benefit from it.

== IMPORT ALREADY INSTALLED GAMES TO GALAXY ==

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the Galaxy logo button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library (click on the image of the game), then click the More button and select "Manage Installation" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.

== KNOWN ISSUES ==
- Galaxy cannot be launched by other users on the same computer

== CHANGELOG ==

1.2.49 (November 29, 2018)
- [Windows] Updater now requires administrator privileges to perform update of GOG Galaxy
- [Windows] Security of directories containing GOG Galaxy files has been improved
- [Windows] Updated Code Signing Certificate
- [Windows] Crash reporter has been added to Galaxy Communication Service
Bugfixes:
- Prevented several potential causes of "broken" games, where only way out was reinstalling
- [MacOS] Fixed a crash on shutdown when fatal error was shown

1.2.50 (December 13, 2018)
Changes & Improvements:
- Speed up startup time
- [MacOS] Strengthen up connection security with ClientService
Bugfixes:
- Fixed "disk access problem" when installing games, occuring mostly on fresh installation of GOG Galaxy
- Fixed a rare occurrence of a game update resulting in displaying "unknown game version"

1.2.51 (December 20, 2018)
- Improved Korean translations
- Fixed connection to notifications pusher in GOG Galaxy SDK

1.2.54 (March 14, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Updated Chromium version to 71:
- Better performance
- Fixes playing Twitch videos on profiles
- Fixes playing Wistia videos
- Security fixes in the game installation process
- Security fixes in GOG Galaxy update process
- GOG Galaxy Updater should perform better under poor network conditions
Bugfixes:
- [macOS] Fixed passing multiple commandline arguments to games
- [macOS] Multiple "friend online" notifications will no longer appear when system wakes up
- Dates are now properly displayed in cloud saves conflict window

1.2.55 (April 17, 2019)
- Hotfix for unintentional opening of Facebook link after entering Forum

1.2.56 (May 06, 2019)
Bugfixes:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will fix the path to its internal services, if it finds it is wrong
- Updating of games' local dependencies (e.g. Dosbox) will be handled correctly
- Unexpected files in games' directories will no longer cause failure of games’ update

1.2.57 (June 12, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Minor download speed optimizations
- Changes in PayPal payment flow
Bugfixes:
- Fixed rare crash occurence when reordering games' updates and installations
- GOG Galaxy will correctly reconnect to GOG services after long time of no internet connection

1.2.58 (September 13, 2019)
macOS:
- Enabled hardened runtime, making our application more secure
- Implemented Apple's notarization

1.2.59 (September 23, 2019)
Overlay:
- [Windows] Fixed crash in Overlay affecting some games (including Fallout 3 (Radeon only) and Dragon Age: Origins)
Achievements:
- [Windows] Fixed issue with achievements sometimes not being saved while playing offline

1.2.60 Beta (07 October, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update

1.2.61 Beta (October 23, 2019)
Updater:
- Fixed an issue where non-admin users would not be able to update to newer versions of GOG Galaxy

1.2.62 Beta (October 30, 2019)
Overlay:
- Fixed crashes for various games

1.2.63 (December 02, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update
Overlay [Windows]:
- Now supports games which use Vulkan API (e.g. Jupiter Hell, X4: Foundations)
- Fixes crashes for various games

1.2.64 (December 04, 2019)
- Hotfix for launching games

1.2.66 (January 23, 2020)
- Added information about GOG Galaxy 2.0 Open Beta
- Optimization related to showing download progress
- Fixed an issue where Overlay did not launch for some games that use Vulkan
- [Windows] Updated code signing certificate
- [MacOS] Crash fixes

1.2.67 (February 24, 2020)
General:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will now show a warning when trying to run on non-NTFS file systems
- Improved security of the application
- Updated POCO library
GOG GALAXY Update:
- Fixes for bugs in the GOG Galaxy update process
Post edited February 24, 2020 by TheTomasz
Is there any way to rollback to an earlier version of Galaxy? The browsing is close to unusable now, and I have to say, if I wanted to watch a YouTube video for every game, I would open up YouTube. Screenshots were fine for a preview, but now I have to wait 5-20 seconds to see anything from the game.

I used to just browse through games. Now it's kind of annoying and I don't really get the information I want/need for a lot of the games because the linked YouTube videos are publisher advertisements, which tend to be long on exposition and hype and short on gameplay. Ads disguised as YouTube videos are fine, but curated screenshots/content would be much better.
Noodle-24: Some of my Games don't sync with the GOG Client. There are a few times when I've clocked hours on a game, yet it still indicates as 0 hours played. That's one of the things I have a problem with. Is there something I need to do?
I see some people mentioning having to re-enter passwords and stuff. I don't really have that issue. My details are saved as usual. I can log in without problems. I guess, the only other issue I have sometimes, is when I am trying to download / install a game and I get the message "Server Issue" or something like that.
I don't really have an issue with GOG in general. I like it. I was brought onto it by my brother. Really great client and I don't think it's fair to compare GOG with Steam (Yes, I also have a Steam Account) because they both have their traits and faults. I dunno, that's just my opinion I guess (and my brother). Thank you GOG for all the hard work you put into your Client.
Thank you for kind words. :) did you contact support? They might know some Common reasons for game time tracking to now work. Are you starting your games through Galaxy? In Galaxy settings, you have game time tracking enabled in toggles?
If support doesn't help, file an issue with logs to Mantis.gog.com so we can check if it's a bug on our side.
Cerfer: Is there any way to rollback to an earlier version of Galaxy? The browsing is close to unusable now, and I have to say, if I wanted to watch a YouTube video for every game, I would open up YouTube. Screenshots were fine for a preview, but now I have to wait 5-20 seconds to see anything from the game.

I used to just browse through games. Now it's kind of annoying and I don't really get the information I want/need for a lot of the games because the linked YouTube videos are publisher advertisements, which tend to be long on exposition and hype and short on gameplay. Ads disguised as YouTube videos are fine, but curated screenshots/content would be much better.
"From the game" - you mean through Overlay, or GOG Galaxy app?
Which games have this issue? All of them? Do YouTube videos in Galaxy works fine, but screenshots not? And do they load slowly, or not at all?
Do you have slow internet connection? Did you maybe limit it in GOG Galaxy bandwidth settings?
Post edited November 24, 2018 by Johny.
Hi ^^ I have a problem with GoG Galaxy

I have a post of my problem
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------
This is a copy of my problem in the post
2 Days ago i was build my new pc and when I instal GoG Galaxy, i cant connect to the server and download any game
But I'm connected by ethernet :/
Who can help me? :(

Sorry for my bad english, I'm from Spain.
Attachments:
Am I missing something? I don't want it installed on my damn C:\ drive nor do I want installed under Programs (x86). Who nowadays doesn't allow you to do a custom install.

Problem solved.. Uninstalled it.
Post edited November 24, 2018 by Sinster
Noodle-24: Some of my Games don't sync with the GOG Client. There are a few times when I've clocked hours on a game, yet it still indicates as 0 hours played. That's one of the things I have a problem with. Is there something I need to do?
I see some people mentioning having to re-enter passwords and stuff. I don't really have that issue. My details are saved as usual. I can log in without problems. I guess, the only other issue I have sometimes, is when I am trying to download / install a game and I get the message "Server Issue" or something like that.
I don't really have an issue with GOG in general. I like it. I was brought onto it by my brother. Really great client and I don't think it's fair to compare GOG with Steam (Yes, I also have a Steam Account) because they both have their traits and faults. I dunno, that's just my opinion I guess (and my brother). Thank you GOG for all the hard work you put into your Client.
Johny.: Thank you for kind words. :) did you contact support? They might know some Common reasons for game time tracking to now work. Are you starting your games through Galaxy? In Galaxy settings, you have game time tracking enabled in toggles?
If support doesn't help, file an issue with logs to Mantis.gog.com so we can check if it's a bug on our side.
Cerfer: Is there any way to rollback to an earlier version of Galaxy? The browsing is close to unusable now, and I have to say, if I wanted to watch a YouTube video for every game, I would open up YouTube. Screenshots were fine for a preview, but now I have to wait 5-20 seconds to see anything from the game.

Johny.: "From the game" - you mean through Overlay, or GOG Galaxy app?
Which games have this issue? All of them? Do YouTube videos in Galaxy works fine, but screenshots not? And do they load slowly, or not at all?
Do you have slow internet connection? Did you maybe limit it in GOG Galaxy bandwidth settings?
No, my connection is fine and the links all work. I guess I just don't like watching them. The videos are pretty much promotional materials, not gameplay display. When I logon to GOG, I like seeing the user ratings first.

The old user interface was just more helpful because it let me know what games I should buy. When you let corporate YouTube videos sell your games, it's probably no surprise that every game ever released is awesomesauce x1000, even if its lifetime rating on GOG is one star.

The YouTube videos work fine. However, I can get those from YouTube. I don't log in to GOG to watch YouTube. I login to GOG to get advice from GOG and its community, not the companies who made the games. The old interface privileged users. The new interface privleges game publishers. If this was your intent, my bad. I just don't care for it.
Post edited November 25, 2018 by Cerfer
Ok, thanks for your feedback. :)
Johny.: Ok, thanks for your feedback. :)
Sorry to interrupt your discussion, but I would like to know about the last Galaxy beta. Does it still have problems with antiviruses?

I remember that when you last changed signing certificates, my installation was corrupted (due to antivirus) and I had to do a clean installation a few days later (when the antivirus stopped defining your files as a threat).
MakotoNMC: Hi ^^ I have a problem with GoG Galaxy

I have a post of my problem
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------
This is a copy of my problem in the post
2 Days ago i was build my new pc and when I instal GoG Galaxy, i cant connect to the server and download any game
But I'm connected by ethernet :/
Who can help me? :(

Sorry for my bad english, I'm from Spain.
Have you tried the "Sign In" button? In order to connect to your library Galaxy needs to be sign into your account.

Sinster: Am I missing something? I don't want it installed on my damn C:\ drive nor do I want installed under Programs (x86). Who nowadays doesn't allow you to do a custom install.

Problem solved.. Uninstalled it.
I have Galaxy installed on G: no problem... You can of course choose where to install it to.
Whoever thought of this should be fired.
I appreciate your note.

If things are going to remain as they are (and that's fine, really), is there any way to bring the Buy The Series/Complete The Series back up to the top and have it be an option in addition to buying the game? There used to be a Buy Game for "X" and just below it, a Buy the Series box. Like everything, I'll get used to scrolling down for it, but it was nice having it all right there. I don't care for the YouTube vids b/c they're not really efficient, but I can always click on the game and go its main page.
Cerfer: I appreciate your note.

If things are going to remain as they are (and that's fine, really), is there any way to bring the Buy The Series/Complete The Series back up to the top and have it be an option in addition to buying the game? There used to be a Buy Game for "X" and just below it, a Buy the Series box. Like everything, I'll get used to scrolling down for it, but it was nice having it all right there. I don't care for the YouTube vids b/c they're not really efficient, but I can always click on the game and go its main page.
I guess you're referring to website store page of the game. It's not my area, but I'll pass your feedback to the designers.
I hope in upcoming future you'll find GOG Galaxy more useful, not only with games marketing content.
It's weird you say you can always click on game and go to its main page - which page do you refer to? We have the same videos in Galaxy's game view, and on GOG store page.
Cerfer: I appreciate your note.

Johny.: I guess you're referring to website store page of the game. It's not my area, but I'll pass your feedback to the designers.
I hope in upcoming future you'll find GOG Galaxy more useful, not only with games marketing content.
It's weird you say you can always click on game and go to its main page - which page do you refer to? We have the same videos in Galaxy's game view, and on GOG store page.
When I'm browsing games during a sale, it's only the YouTube video, and it's pretty much the YouTube logo and then opening credits to the game are all that I see when I'd rather have info about a game, but not lose my place in the browsing queue (i.e., having to start all over again from the beginning). The game page has everything there.

I'm an old guy (I was around when these games were first released) so chances are the UI changes aren't directed to me. I could go ahead and use the web page and open several tabs at once. Galaxy is just one window at a time.
Johny.: I guess you're referring to website store page of the game. It's not my area, but I'll pass your feedback to the designers.
Cerfer: When I'm browsing games during a sale, it's only the YouTube video, and it's pretty much the YouTube logo and then opening credits to the game are all that I see when I'd rather have info about a game, but not lose my place in the browsing queue (i.e., having to start all over again from the beginning). The game page has everything there.

I'm an old guy (I was around when these games were first released) so chances are the UI changes aren't directed to me. I could go ahead and use the web page and open several tabs at once. Galaxy is just one window at a time.
Now I get what you mean. :) you can hold ctrl (on Windows) and click the game tile, it will open in the browser then, and you'll stay where you were in Galaxy. Or use middle mouse button to do it.
Cerfer: When I'm browsing games during a sale, it's only the YouTube video, and it's pretty much the YouTube logo and then opening credits to the game are all that I see when I'd rather have info about a game, but not lose my place in the browsing queue (i.e., having to start all over again from the beginning). The game page has everything there.

Johny.: Now I get what you mean. :) you can hold ctrl (on Windows) and click the game tile, it will open in the browser then, and you'll stay where you were in Galaxy. Or use middle mouse button to do it.
Nice! Thanks so much.

I was a little too full of Thanksgiving turkey and wine to be any kind of articulate. Can't wait for Cyberpunk 2077!
Man I keep regretting buying games here. Witcher 2 is absolutely neglected,
and now Galaxy has decided to not detect my Pathfinder: Kingmaker achievements at all. 0%.
I've got 20 hours in and reading the list I realized I have already completed many of them.
Is there a fix for this?

Oh nice, this 44Mb update fixed Pathfinder! ^^
Post edited November 29, 2018 by Ysmirson