It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Hi,

welcome to the official GOG Galaxy forum thread. Please read the below info first:

== GOG GALAXY FEATURES IN GAMES ==

List of games supporting various GOG Galaxy features:
Achievements: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=achievements&sort=bestselling&page=1
Cloud Saves: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=cloud_saves&sort=bestselling&page=1
Overlay: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=overlay&sort=bestselling&page=1

== BUG REPORTING ==

Please use: http://mantis.gog.com and include
1. steps to reproduce the bug (if possible)
2. screenshot or movie showing the bug (if possible)
3. Galaxy Client logs (location described on mantis report page)

== FEATURE SUGGESTIONS ==

Please use: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy. For feature suggestions and votes on them please try do explain how Galaxy and its users will really benefit from it.

== IMPORT ALREADY INSTALLED GAMES TO GALAXY ==

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the Galaxy logo button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library (click on the image of the game), then click the More button and select "Manage Installation" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.

== KNOWN ISSUES ==
- Galaxy cannot be launched by other users on the same computer

== CHANGELOG ==

1.2.49 (November 29, 2018)
- [Windows] Updater now requires administrator privileges to perform update of GOG Galaxy
- [Windows] Security of directories containing GOG Galaxy files has been improved
- [Windows] Updated Code Signing Certificate
- [Windows] Crash reporter has been added to Galaxy Communication Service
Bugfixes:
- Prevented several potential causes of "broken" games, where only way out was reinstalling
- [MacOS] Fixed a crash on shutdown when fatal error was shown

1.2.50 (December 13, 2018)
Changes & Improvements:
- Speed up startup time
- [MacOS] Strengthen up connection security with ClientService
Bugfixes:
- Fixed "disk access problem" when installing games, occuring mostly on fresh installation of GOG Galaxy
- Fixed a rare occurrence of a game update resulting in displaying "unknown game version"

1.2.51 (December 20, 2018)
- Improved Korean translations
- Fixed connection to notifications pusher in GOG Galaxy SDK

1.2.54 (March 14, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Updated Chromium version to 71:
- Better performance
- Fixes playing Twitch videos on profiles
- Fixes playing Wistia videos
- Security fixes in the game installation process
- Security fixes in GOG Galaxy update process
- GOG Galaxy Updater should perform better under poor network conditions
Bugfixes:
- [macOS] Fixed passing multiple commandline arguments to games
- [macOS] Multiple "friend online" notifications will no longer appear when system wakes up
- Dates are now properly displayed in cloud saves conflict window

1.2.55 (April 17, 2019)
- Hotfix for unintentional opening of Facebook link after entering Forum

1.2.56 (May 06, 2019)
Bugfixes:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will fix the path to its internal services, if it finds it is wrong
- Updating of games' local dependencies (e.g. Dosbox) will be handled correctly
- Unexpected files in games' directories will no longer cause failure of games’ update

1.2.57 (June 12, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Minor download speed optimizations
- Changes in PayPal payment flow
Bugfixes:
- Fixed rare crash occurence when reordering games' updates and installations
- GOG Galaxy will correctly reconnect to GOG services after long time of no internet connection

1.2.58 (September 13, 2019)
macOS:
- Enabled hardened runtime, making our application more secure
- Implemented Apple's notarization

1.2.59 (September 23, 2019)
Overlay:
- [Windows] Fixed crash in Overlay affecting some games (including Fallout 3 (Radeon only) and Dragon Age: Origins)
Achievements:
- [Windows] Fixed issue with achievements sometimes not being saved while playing offline

1.2.60 Beta (07 October, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update

1.2.61 Beta (October 23, 2019)
Updater:
- Fixed an issue where non-admin users would not be able to update to newer versions of GOG Galaxy

1.2.62 Beta (October 30, 2019)
Overlay:
- Fixed crashes for various games

1.2.63 (December 02, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update
Overlay [Windows]:
- Now supports games which use Vulkan API (e.g. Jupiter Hell, X4: Foundations)
- Fixes crashes for various games

1.2.64 (December 04, 2019)
- Hotfix for launching games

1.2.66 (January 23, 2020)
- Added information about GOG Galaxy 2.0 Open Beta
- Optimization related to showing download progress
- Fixed an issue where Overlay did not launch for some games that use Vulkan
- [Windows] Updated code signing certificate
- [MacOS] Crash fixes

1.2.67 (February 24, 2020)
General:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will now show a warning when trying to run on non-NTFS file systems
- Improved security of the application
- Updated POCO library
GOG GALAXY Update:
- Fixes for bugs in the GOG Galaxy update process
Post edited February 24, 2020 by TheTomasz
Vermillion665:
nicho.martini:
Please send us your logs using "report" on http://mantis.gog.com/
Post edited October 07, 2018 by Johny.
Hello!

Is there any way to improve GOG Galaxy perfomance on slow configurations?

When I run it on standard desktop with i5 or i7, it works nicely. But every time I try to run it on Win10 tablet with Intel Cherry Trail I encounter real problems: CPU throttling, random freezes and more, more and more - even when the game simply downloads. In comparison Steam client doesn't have this problems at all.

Yeah, and there is another problem with freezes: you have to be extra accurate and fast when trying to hit Install from popup menu in a game card. There is a very short timeout before menu fades, so if GOG Galaxy freezes you have to do it over and other: reveal the down arrow on game card, press it and try to press Install so fast as you could. Why don't you simply place Install button on a game card in Library - it's the most common action with game as I think.
Post edited October 07, 2018 by Loosecannon.141
Is it me or has galaxy been extremely iffy as of late? it crashed twice when trying to install games for me.
Yovach: What's the easiest way to download and play games with my friends without using another damn launcher? Is it going to get to the point where I have to open a separate launcher for every game? I thought gog was about no drm?
try downloading direct from your games section on gog.com. if you do use the launcher and you don't want to use it when you play with your friends or at other times just launch the games directly, i make sure to have a link in my start menu but you can do it from the desktop (if you have it create a desktop icon) or from the folder itself. the launcher is just to make it easier (when it works right) to download and keep your games organized, it is not required.

PS. for more info see picture
Attachments:
Post edited October 08, 2018 by jamoecw
nicho.martini:
Johny.: Please send us your logs using "report" on http://mantis.gog.com/
Where do I find the logs that you need?
Vermillion665: Where do I find the logs that you need?
When you'll you to report page of mantis, you'll see instructions at the top. :)
Tuknar: The "Buy series" list on store pages isn't loading in Galaxy. When clicking the "next" arrow the games appear briefly but then disappear. Is there a way to clear the web cache for Galaxy? I think that might fix it

Also, when browsing all games in the store, the installed games tab takes up a bunch of space that hides more games to the right. Galaxy doesn't scale that good with 1366x768 laptop resolution, it sucks that things don't fit well on the screen.
I've experienced the same problem with both the "News" section and the "Now On Sale" section.
Attachments:
news.jpg (57 Kb)
sale.jpg (77 Kb)
Vermillion665: Where do I find the logs that you need?
Johny.: When you'll you to report page of mantis, you'll see instructions at the top. :)
Tried to report got Error 2800 when attempting to forward the info I put in.

EDIT: Tried it a few more times eventually got it to submit so its submitted.
Post edited October 08, 2018 by Vermillion665
Hello,
i want to know if anyone else can't see "Now on sale" and "News" sections in Gog Galaxy?
this is really annoying.
i have 1.2.46 (October 2, 2018) edition.
wthennetd: Hello,
i want to know if anyone else can't see "Now on sale" and "News" sections in Gog Galaxy?
this is really annoying.
On the bottom of the page?

If I switch the pages I see the icons for a second, but I can't acess them because they disapper after that moment of visibility.
wthennetd: Hello,
this is really annoying.
Wolfy777: On the bottom of the page?

If I switch the pages I see the icons for a second, but I can't acess them because they disapper after that moment of visibility.
Yes.
that happens to me too.
I'm having the same problem. For the last few days, those sections don't display properly. I hope it gets fixed, soon.
nicho.martini:
Done!
Wolfy777: On the bottom of the page?

wthennetd: Yes.
that happens to me too.
same issue here, using latest beta win 7 64
First time accessing with the new update for GOG Galaxy, and there is a little slowdown. But the worst part is the games advertised are missing. I can scroll left and right, but I only see the games flash for an instant before they disappear. This would be the same with the news reel, scrolling left and right. They are not displaying properly.
I wouldn't mind being able to change the icons to list format as it used to be. There should be a setting, but there currently is not.
I'll have to go to the main website?
I'm using Windows 10