It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Hi,

welcome to the official GOG Galaxy forum thread. Please read the below info first:

== GOG GALAXY FEATURES IN GAMES ==

List of games supporting various GOG Galaxy features:
Achievements: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=achievements&sort=bestselling&page=1
Cloud Saves: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=cloud_saves&sort=bestselling&page=1
Overlay: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=overlay&sort=bestselling&page=1

== BUG REPORTING ==

Please use: http://mantis.gog.com and include
1. steps to reproduce the bug (if possible)
2. screenshot or movie showing the bug (if possible)
3. Galaxy Client logs (location described on mantis report page)

== FEATURE SUGGESTIONS ==

Please use: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy. For feature suggestions and votes on them please try do explain how Galaxy and its users will really benefit from it.

== IMPORT ALREADY INSTALLED GAMES TO GALAXY ==

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the Galaxy logo button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library (click on the image of the game), then click the More button and select "Manage Installation" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.

== KNOWN ISSUES ==
- Galaxy cannot be launched by other users on the same computer

== CHANGELOG ==

1.2.49 (November 29, 2018)
- [Windows] Updater now requires administrator privileges to perform update of GOG Galaxy
- [Windows] Security of directories containing GOG Galaxy files has been improved
- [Windows] Updated Code Signing Certificate
- [Windows] Crash reporter has been added to Galaxy Communication Service
Bugfixes:
- Prevented several potential causes of "broken" games, where only way out was reinstalling
- [MacOS] Fixed a crash on shutdown when fatal error was shown

1.2.50 (December 13, 2018)
Changes & Improvements:
- Speed up startup time
- [MacOS] Strengthen up connection security with ClientService
Bugfixes:
- Fixed "disk access problem" when installing games, occuring mostly on fresh installation of GOG Galaxy
- Fixed a rare occurrence of a game update resulting in displaying "unknown game version"

1.2.51 (December 20, 2018)
- Improved Korean translations
- Fixed connection to notifications pusher in GOG Galaxy SDK

1.2.54 (March 14, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Updated Chromium version to 71:
- Better performance
- Fixes playing Twitch videos on profiles
- Fixes playing Wistia videos
- Security fixes in the game installation process
- Security fixes in GOG Galaxy update process
- GOG Galaxy Updater should perform better under poor network conditions
Bugfixes:
- [macOS] Fixed passing multiple commandline arguments to games
- [macOS] Multiple "friend online" notifications will no longer appear when system wakes up
- Dates are now properly displayed in cloud saves conflict window

1.2.55 (April 17, 2019)
- Hotfix for unintentional opening of Facebook link after entering Forum

1.2.56 (May 06, 2019)
Bugfixes:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will fix the path to its internal services, if it finds it is wrong
- Updating of games' local dependencies (e.g. Dosbox) will be handled correctly
- Unexpected files in games' directories will no longer cause failure of games’ update

1.2.57 (June 12, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Minor download speed optimizations
- Changes in PayPal payment flow
Bugfixes:
- Fixed rare crash occurence when reordering games' updates and installations
- GOG Galaxy will correctly reconnect to GOG services after long time of no internet connection

1.2.58 (September 13, 2019)
macOS:
- Enabled hardened runtime, making our application more secure
- Implemented Apple's notarization

1.2.59 (September 23, 2019)
Overlay:
- [Windows] Fixed crash in Overlay affecting some games (including Fallout 3 (Radeon only) and Dragon Age: Origins)
Achievements:
- [Windows] Fixed issue with achievements sometimes not being saved while playing offline

1.2.60 Beta (07 October, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update

1.2.61 Beta (October 23, 2019)
Updater:
- Fixed an issue where non-admin users would not be able to update to newer versions of GOG Galaxy

1.2.62 Beta (October 30, 2019)
Overlay:
- Fixed crashes for various games

1.2.63 (December 02, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update
Overlay [Windows]:
- Now supports games which use Vulkan API (e.g. Jupiter Hell, X4: Foundations)
- Fixes crashes for various games

1.2.64 (December 04, 2019)
- Hotfix for launching games

1.2.66 (January 23, 2020)
- Added information about GOG Galaxy 2.0 Open Beta
- Optimization related to showing download progress
- Fixed an issue where Overlay did not launch for some games that use Vulkan
- [Windows] Updated code signing certificate
- [MacOS] Crash fixes

1.2.67 (February 24, 2020)
General:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will now show a warning when trying to run on non-NTFS file systems
- Improved security of the application
- Updated POCO library
GOG GALAXY Update:
- Fixes for bugs in the GOG Galaxy update process
Post edited February 24, 2020 by TheTomasz
mad_crease: How do you disable Galaxy? Until I loaded Bard's Tale, I never had to deal with it. It loaded and installed and I just want my games, not a mini-steam-alike.
hohiro: Uninstall it? Or if you want to have it on the comp, press the GOG Button and choose close. And for downloads choose the offline game installers which are right below the big button, just have to be expanded once.
You cant just close it. There's at least 4 GOG processes the continue to run. If you end their service, they pop back up active.
mad_crease: You cant just close it. There's at least 4 GOG processes the continue to run. If you end their service, they pop back up active.
And if you REALLY close Galaxy all will end, yes. The Services quite instantly and the Galaxycommunicationservice.exe like 15 seconds after. Closing is not pressing the x on top, but closing how I mentioned it.
Hey guys, I'm here with the infamous "Connection to GOG Galaxy Communication Service was lost and could not be restored! GOG Galaxy will now shutdown." fatal error. I've read various threads here & tried this and that, but none of the solutions worked. Do we have any official update on this?

So far I've tried scrambling the settings of the "GalaxyCommunication.exe" itself, changed the permissions of the GOG Galaxy application, tried reinstalling it (which just resulted of all my games to disappear from the library).

I'm using neither RDC or CryptoPrevent, nor anything that might have been causing the issue. A pattern I've noticed is that when I run the GOG Galaxy, the GalaxyCommunication application keeps opening & closing by itself when I look in the Task Manager - until everything closes in the end. Good thing is that at least the Witcher games are working without GOG, though Gwent is unplayable.

Thanks in advance, I'm open for any suggestions.
I haven't been following Galaxy development: is it possible to take screenshots and directly post them to one's profile yet?
tfishell: I haven't been following Galaxy development: is it possible to take screenshots and directly post them to one's profile yet?
I doubt the "directly" part.
While it might be possible to acess your profile page via Galaxy's overlay ingame (I haven't tested it, but I doubt it), it'd be quicker and easier to take a screenshot in Galaxy while playing with the F12 key, provided that the game supports galaxy overlay (or via external program like Fraps), and then find the screenshot and upload it onto your profile via the "What's up, [user name]?" box.
Finding screenshots:
- In Galaxy find the game on the list in the left side of the screen, click on its icon, got to the "more" arrow and under "manage installation" select "show screenshots", it will open the folder containing the screenshots taken with Galaxy.
- With Fraps you need to set a folder for screenshots and look for them there.
Post edited August 19, 2018 by Wolfy777
The first few times I used GOG Galaxy, the bandwidth was inconsistent (at best). I'm so happy that they fixed it as I knew they would eventually. So nice to have an alternative game client other than Steam (not counting Origin/UPlay). You're going to get A LOT more business from me GOG because of it. I have seen the light (again)!

GOG will now be my main digital platform from now on. I'm glad that GOG is adding modern titles to their library, meaning, if the games I want are both on Steam and GOG, I will purchase from GOG from now on! Good Old Games CAN be modern titles as well if you ask me.

Thank you ever so much GOG team!

Sincerely, Spitfire...
I would love to see GOG Galaxy give us the ability to rename games. I often find it difficult finding a game on my list because it's labelled in a weird way (i.e. Changing 'The Curse of Monkey Island' to 'Monkey Island 3: The Curse of Monkey Island').
spitfire1966: The first few times I used GOG Galaxy, the bandwidth was inconsistent (at best). I'm so happy that they fixed it as I knew they would eventually. So nice to have an alternative game client other than Steam (not counting Origin/UPlay). You're going to get A LOT more business from me GOG because of it. I have seen the light (again)!
First - a word of warning: Some developers neglect GOG customers in favour of Steam customers and will provide updates later or even never. So while I really embrace your choice (myself I'm DRM-free only, so GOG is by far my major source of games nowadays), it might be good to have a look at the track record of the devs before making a decision.

Now for my actual request:

Your account is from 2011 - that's a while ago. So you certainly know that you can just download and install games from here without the need for any client. Yet your post suggested that you welcome Galaxy and like it.
Why are your preferring a client over "the old ways". What is important to you when you use it? I'm asking only out of pure curiosity - I gladly use Galaxy myself - but many "traditionalists" here seem to think it's the devil reborn and the downfall of GOG and DRM-free...
spitfire1966: The first few times I used GOG Galaxy, the bandwidth was inconsistent (at best). I'm so happy that they fixed it as I knew they would eventually. So nice to have an alternative game client other than Steam (not counting Origin/UPlay). You're going to get A LOT more business from me GOG because of it. I have seen the light (again)!
toxicTom: First - a word of warning: Some developers neglect GOG customers in favour of Steam customers and will provide updates later or even never. So while I really embrace your choice (myself I'm DRM-free only, so GOG is by far my major source of games nowadays), it might be good to have a look at the track record of the devs before making a decision.

Now for my actual request:

Your account is from 2011 - that's a while ago. So you certainly know that you can just download and install games from here without the need for any client. Yet your post suggested that you welcome Galaxy and like it.
Why are your preferring a client over "the old ways". What is important to you when you use it? I'm asking only out of pure curiosity - I gladly use Galaxy myself - but many "traditionalists" here seem to think it's the devil reborn and the downfall of GOG and DRM-free...
Galaxy is an essential tool for my GOG games, because I would absolutely lose my mind if my PC crashed and I had to reinstall all of my games (which now totals over 200). The beauty of Galaxy comes in when it automatically reads all of my game files from a backup (creating the shortcuts), which saves me countless hours having to reinstall my games over and over again. I was initially hesitant to try the client when it was first released, but I quickly fell in love with the idea after my PC crashed several times.
Post edited August 25, 2018 by joelandsonja
Just wondering if we will finally get a GOG Galaxy Linux client now that Linux for gaming is getting more traction thanks to Valve and Proton?
I have been using GOG galaxy for a while and I would like to bring a couple of bugs to your attention:

1. When I go to the backup/goodies section and click on a link the click is sometimes ignored by the application. I have seen this on two different PCs I own. 19/20 times the click is recognised and the file added to the download list but 1/20 times nothing happens when I click a link. This is frustrating when trying to download all files for a game and only realise later I missed a file. The OS of the PCs is Windows 10.

2. When downloading files from backup/goodies section a folder called !Temp is created. This is used while downloading but the empty folder is never erased when no longer in use. It is useless to have every game download folder contain one of these superfluous !Temp folders and recreating/erasing it as needed has no cost. Therefor please have the application erase them when it is no longer needed (meaning when there are no more files in the download queue for this particular game).

3. In the backup goodies section when I click a link the file is added to the download list on the left. The list shows up for 2 seconds then disappears. If the list is longer than the height of the screen, previous scrolling in the list is ignored and the new position is the top of the list. This is a buggy behaviour because it gives the user less overview of what is going on and serves no purpose. Example: If the user wants to add several files in a sequence it makes no sense to show/hide the list continuously and move to a scroll position which does not show latest entries.
A reasonable behaviour would be if the download list stays open and is always scrolled to last position/slash last game added. The benefit is that it is much more clear to the user what is being downloaded and what is left to download. The user could then hide the list him/herself once he is done adding files and can scroll top the top him/herself if desired, so no need for the application to do it.

I also have a couple of requests based on my user experience:

4. When logging into the games library on the website we can see both new games and updated games. When logging into GOG Galaxy we can only see a tag for new games. It would be helpful if update tag was shown here as well. This would be helpful for users who are keeping track of updates to games for the same reason that the updates on the website are useful. Only difference is that the same users would be able to rely completely on GOG Galaxy as opposed to logging in to the website and client at the same time. This action will therefor not only support the users but also GOG's ambition to consolidation under the client as opposed to website and GOG Downloader usage.

5. I am currently unable to find a search function for store, like the one present for library. This is strange considering both are available on the website. As it is right now searching on the website is easier as it allows also searching in the store. The benefit of adding search function to the store section in the client is that it would make the client equally useful to the website.

6. In the backup/goodies section it would be helpful to have a button which is "download all". This way the user does not have to click each individual link for a game which is also a measure avoid missing out on important files when adding several files in succession. This is also relevant since the DLC link and cloud saves link location often appear in the same place for different games which has occasionally confused me into downloading cloud saves I don't won't or missing downloading a DLC I do want.The benefit for the users with a "download all" button is less clicking and guaranteed complete downloads.
PrinceThrakhath: 5. I am currently unable to find a search function for store, like the one present for library. This is strange considering both are available on the website. As it is right now searching on the website is easier as it allows also searching in the store. The benefit of adding search function to the store section in the client is that it would make the client equally useful to the website.
There is a search box above your games on the left (see the attached file).
If the game is not installed, the search will check the store.
Attachments:
zyntex: Just wondering if we will finally get a GOG Galaxy Linux client now that Linux for gaming is getting more traction thanks to Valve and Proton?
At this point, I think GOG barely cares about Linux users
PrinceThrakhath: 5. I am currently unable to find a search function for store, like the one present for library. This is strange considering both are available on the website. As it is right now searching on the website is easier as it allows also searching in the store. The benefit of adding search function to the store section in the client is that it would make the client equally useful to the website.
Wolfy777: There is a search box above your games on the left (see the attached file).
Thanks for the correction...

BUT

Why does this particular seach box work for only installed games and store? Why not the full library as an option as well while at it? Having the same search box for all purposes would be economical. Instead you have a separate search box for library weather games are installed or not. Why this inconsistency?
Wolfy777: There is a search box above your games on the left (see the attached file).
PrinceThrakhath: Thanks for the correction...

BUT

Why does this particular seach box work for only installed games and store? Why not the full library as an option as well while at it? Having the same search box for all purposes would be economical. Instead you have a separate search box for library weather games are installed or not. Why this inconsistency?
Only one of the blues, as some refer to GOG's staff on the forums, can properly answer that.

However, the logic behind it may be this: if you search for a game that you don't have installed at the moment, but have it in your GOG account (library), it will be shown as "owned" on the store page (check above the price for the text "buy item - owned" and the whislist option will be greyed out).

Plus, searching the store (I imagine checking the installed list is like an afterthought) and the library are two diffrent operations.