It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Hi,

welcome to the official GOG Galaxy forum thread. Please read the below info first:

== GOG GALAXY FEATURES IN GAMES ==

List of games supporting various GOG Galaxy features:
Achievements: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=achievements&sort=bestselling&page=1
Cloud Saves: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=cloud_saves&sort=bestselling&page=1
Overlay: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=overlay&sort=bestselling&page=1

== BUG REPORTING ==

Please use: http://mantis.gog.com and include
1. steps to reproduce the bug (if possible)
2. screenshot or movie showing the bug (if possible)
3. Galaxy Client logs (location described on mantis report page)

== FEATURE SUGGESTIONS ==

Please use: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy. For feature suggestions and votes on them please try do explain how Galaxy and its users will really benefit from it.

== IMPORT ALREADY INSTALLED GAMES TO GALAXY ==

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the Galaxy logo button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library (click on the image of the game), then click the More button and select "Manage Installation" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.

== KNOWN ISSUES ==
- Galaxy cannot be launched by other users on the same computer

== CHANGELOG ==

1.2.49 (November 29, 2018)
- [Windows] Updater now requires administrator privileges to perform update of GOG Galaxy
- [Windows] Security of directories containing GOG Galaxy files has been improved
- [Windows] Updated Code Signing Certificate
- [Windows] Crash reporter has been added to Galaxy Communication Service
Bugfixes:
- Prevented several potential causes of "broken" games, where only way out was reinstalling
- [MacOS] Fixed a crash on shutdown when fatal error was shown

1.2.50 (December 13, 2018)
Changes & Improvements:
- Speed up startup time
- [MacOS] Strengthen up connection security with ClientService
Bugfixes:
- Fixed "disk access problem" when installing games, occuring mostly on fresh installation of GOG Galaxy
- Fixed a rare occurrence of a game update resulting in displaying "unknown game version"

1.2.51 (December 20, 2018)
- Improved Korean translations
- Fixed connection to notifications pusher in GOG Galaxy SDK

1.2.54 (March 14, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Updated Chromium version to 71:
- Better performance
- Fixes playing Twitch videos on profiles
- Fixes playing Wistia videos
- Security fixes in the game installation process
- Security fixes in GOG Galaxy update process
- GOG Galaxy Updater should perform better under poor network conditions
Bugfixes:
- [macOS] Fixed passing multiple commandline arguments to games
- [macOS] Multiple "friend online" notifications will no longer appear when system wakes up
- Dates are now properly displayed in cloud saves conflict window

1.2.55 (April 17, 2019)
- Hotfix for unintentional opening of Facebook link after entering Forum

1.2.56 (May 06, 2019)
Bugfixes:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will fix the path to its internal services, if it finds it is wrong
- Updating of games' local dependencies (e.g. Dosbox) will be handled correctly
- Unexpected files in games' directories will no longer cause failure of games’ update

1.2.57 (June 12, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Minor download speed optimizations
- Changes in PayPal payment flow
Bugfixes:
- Fixed rare crash occurence when reordering games' updates and installations
- GOG Galaxy will correctly reconnect to GOG services after long time of no internet connection

1.2.58 (September 13, 2019)
macOS:
- Enabled hardened runtime, making our application more secure
- Implemented Apple's notarization

1.2.59 (September 23, 2019)
Overlay:
- [Windows] Fixed crash in Overlay affecting some games (including Fallout 3 (Radeon only) and Dragon Age: Origins)
Achievements:
- [Windows] Fixed issue with achievements sometimes not being saved while playing offline

1.2.60 Beta (07 October, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update

1.2.61 Beta (October 23, 2019)
Updater:
- Fixed an issue where non-admin users would not be able to update to newer versions of GOG Galaxy

1.2.62 Beta (October 30, 2019)
Overlay:
- Fixed crashes for various games

1.2.63 (December 02, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update
Overlay [Windows]:
- Now supports games which use Vulkan API (e.g. Jupiter Hell, X4: Foundations)
- Fixes crashes for various games

1.2.64 (December 04, 2019)
- Hotfix for launching games

1.2.66 (January 23, 2020)
- Added information about GOG Galaxy 2.0 Open Beta
- Optimization related to showing download progress
- Fixed an issue where Overlay did not launch for some games that use Vulkan
- [Windows] Updated code signing certificate
- [MacOS] Crash fixes

1.2.67 (February 24, 2020)
General:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will now show a warning when trying to run on non-NTFS file systems
- Improved security of the application
- Updated POCO library
GOG GALAXY Update:
- Fixes for bugs in the GOG Galaxy update process
Post edited February 24, 2020 by TheTomasz
Johny.: Seeing all your owned games is a feature we were discussing a lot in Galaxy teams - we'd also like to see that - but I can't reveal details about the works. :)
Johny you feeling okay there mate? You're talking way more than usual. :P

Thanks for the info. :)

PS: You guys really should add a blog to the site though and keep us better informed about stuff coming down the pipeline and stuff currently happening, and you could make use of existing site features like notifications and accounts for comments. This would be rather trivial to do but amazingly better for us.
Post edited June 25, 2018 by BKGaming
Johny.: For some more transparency: we are working on improving the User Interface currently. :)
I hope you guys do something better than the GOG COM logo and putting everything under it. For one, I can't tell your how many times I've had to explain how to find settings because users don't know it's a drop down button and two it looks so out of place inside Galaxy. Not that I don't like the GOG COM icon, I just don't want to see it inside Galaxy, we (ie GOG users) already know we are using a GOG client... I've hated this ever since you guys added it.

In my opinion what you had back in alpha and what you was planning back then (and yes I was a closed alpha user and can remember that far back) was a lot better. Here is a pic for those who have never see it.

I don't know what made you guys change it, but that was a much better design as far as the left hand column in Galaxy where installed games are shown, etc. I also was really looking forward to games being displayed more like Steam, ie all games shown on the left even if they are uninstalled and in the cloud.

You guys just scrapped all of that and I have no idea why...
Post edited June 24, 2018 by BKGaming
Johny.: For more transparency again:
Library - from when Galaxy was launched - didn't change much. We are happy to be working on improving it now. :) Can't wait to roll them out!
Interesting, will this be affecting the website too?
Happy to help out if any of my script tweaks might be of use :)
Johny.: This will be fixed back soon. Are there any other places you'd like selectable, but they aren't?
I am sorry for my late reply and I thank you for yours, butt I was merely pointing out to mike_cesara that selecting text was indeed broken ( except for the work around I posted ).
Post edited June 25, 2018 by kittehoverlord
Johny.: This will be fixed back soon. Are there any other places you'd like selectable, but they aren't?
Library and store please. Game title, changelog, downloadable items perhaps? It is safe to say I'd like to see everything selectable.
Please stop adding a GOG installer to my game downloads. Thank you.
cheyney: Please stop adding a GOG installer to my game downloads. Thank you.
Look right under the blue install button (that includes GOG Galaxy), and there is a drop down for offline installers. Click that and you will see offline installers which DO NOT include Galaxy.
@Galaxy Team: Is there something you can do for games with launchers, to force the launcher to take focus after starting the game via Galaxy. For instance, if you start Fallout 3 via Galaxy it starts a launcher... this launcher appears behind Galaxy forcing you to go to the task bar to bring it in focus.
Post edited June 25, 2018 by BKGaming
And it's still downloading some kind of compressed archive, extracting it to my ssd, then moves it to the destination that I chose. I've been complaining about this since it first came out, and it's still not fixed.

This is why we can't have nice stuff.
bouncedk: And it's still downloading some kind of compressed archive, extracting it to my ssd, then moves it to the destination that I chose. I've been complaining about this since it first came out, and it's still not fixed.

This is why we can't have nice stuff.
No it downloads the games directly to the chosen hard-drive, what you are talking about is probably the stuff it stores in ProgramData. This isn't the game data itself, but rather other stuff Galaxy stores for installing the game. Galaxy use to download files to a temp folder, then moved them... but it doesn't do that anymore I believe. They improved the download mechanism long ago.

They have talked about changing some of the things stored in ProgramData I believe to the root Galaxy installation, but god knows when that will ever happen. In my opinion using ProgramData might not have been the best idea.
Post edited June 26, 2018 by BKGaming
mike_cesara: Library and store please. Game title, changelog, downloadable items perhaps? It is safe to say I'd like to see everything selectable.
I have a feeling there was some sarcasm in your reply to DavidOrion93, correct?

If so, I apologize for missing it completely until now.
Post edited June 26, 2018 by kittehoverlord
Blackdrazon: Although I'm not sure you're right about the original Downloader needing less clicks. Here's the fastest route I'm aware of for both programs:

Galaxy: Click game in Galaxy [loads] -> More -> Backup & Goodies -> 1 Click for each Goodie [downloads immediately].
Downloader: Click game in browser [loads] -> More -> GOG Downloader Links [browser loads GOG Downloader page] -> 1 Click for each Goodie [Downloader takes a few second to register request].
Galaxy: Click More -> Click Backups -> Click once -> click back (mouse back button does not work either) and wait for the page load, find the game you were on because the location is reset, repeat.

The web page with old downloader didn't reload the page so I was able to quickly click game -> click goodie, click next game -> click goodie -> repeat without going back and forth or finding the next game.

edit: The web page without Galaxy is actually easier and quicker when downloading extras for multiple games.

Biggest issue is obviously the constant need to return to the previous page and how Galaxy loses the scroll location which requires me then to find it again every time. Adding couple buttons for the different download options next to the game icons would go long way solving this issue.
Post edited June 28, 2018 by rihkama
Blackdrazon: Although I'm not sure you're right about the original Downloader needing less clicks. Here's the fastest route I'm aware of for both programs:

Galaxy: Click game in Galaxy [loads] -> More -> Backup & Goodies -> 1 Click for each Goodie [downloads immediately].
Downloader: Click game in browser [loads] -> More -> GOG Downloader Links [browser loads GOG Downloader page] -> 1 Click for each Goodie [Downloader takes a few second to register request].
rihkama: Galaxy: Click More -> Click Backups -> Click once -> click back (mouse back button does not work either) and wait for the page load, find the game you were on because the location is reset, repeat.

The web page with old downloader didn't reload the page so I was able to quickly click game -> click goodie, click next game -> click goodie -> repeat without going back and forth or finding the next game.

Biggest issue is obviously the constant need to return to the previous page and how Galaxy loses the scroll location which requires me then to find it again every time. Adding couple buttons for the different download options next to the game icons would go long way solving this issue.
Ah yes, I see the issue now. You're right, that's something they could easily improve!
Agreed, I edited after you replied that the web page and manual download is now actually easier because it doesn't load the page fully and doesn't lose position. Though again, both store and the galaxy library views could use some buttons for different download options rather than putting everything behind that "More" button.
The only way to create a desktop shortcut of the game is when you install it (or copying the shortcut from the game folder manually).