It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Hi,

welcome to the official GOG Galaxy forum thread. Please read the below info first:

== GOG GALAXY FEATURES IN GAMES ==

List of games supporting various GOG Galaxy features:
Achievements: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=achievements&sort=bestselling&page=1
Cloud Saves: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=cloud_saves&sort=bestselling&page=1
Overlay: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=overlay&sort=bestselling&page=1

== BUG REPORTING ==

Please use: http://mantis.gog.com and include
1. steps to reproduce the bug (if possible)
2. screenshot or movie showing the bug (if possible)
3. Galaxy Client logs (location described on mantis report page)

== FEATURE SUGGESTIONS ==

Please use: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy. For feature suggestions and votes on them please try do explain how Galaxy and its users will really benefit from it.

== IMPORT ALREADY INSTALLED GAMES TO GALAXY ==

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the Galaxy logo button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library (click on the image of the game), then click the More button and select "Manage Installation" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.

== KNOWN ISSUES ==
- Galaxy cannot be launched by other users on the same computer

== CHANGELOG ==

1.2.49 (November 29, 2018)
- [Windows] Updater now requires administrator privileges to perform update of GOG Galaxy
- [Windows] Security of directories containing GOG Galaxy files has been improved
- [Windows] Updated Code Signing Certificate
- [Windows] Crash reporter has been added to Galaxy Communication Service
Bugfixes:
- Prevented several potential causes of "broken" games, where only way out was reinstalling
- [MacOS] Fixed a crash on shutdown when fatal error was shown

1.2.50 (December 13, 2018)
Changes & Improvements:
- Speed up startup time
- [MacOS] Strengthen up connection security with ClientService
Bugfixes:
- Fixed "disk access problem" when installing games, occuring mostly on fresh installation of GOG Galaxy
- Fixed a rare occurrence of a game update resulting in displaying "unknown game version"

1.2.51 (December 20, 2018)
- Improved Korean translations
- Fixed connection to notifications pusher in GOG Galaxy SDK

1.2.54 (March 14, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Updated Chromium version to 71:
- Better performance
- Fixes playing Twitch videos on profiles
- Fixes playing Wistia videos
- Security fixes in the game installation process
- Security fixes in GOG Galaxy update process
- GOG Galaxy Updater should perform better under poor network conditions
Bugfixes:
- [macOS] Fixed passing multiple commandline arguments to games
- [macOS] Multiple "friend online" notifications will no longer appear when system wakes up
- Dates are now properly displayed in cloud saves conflict window

1.2.55 (April 17, 2019)
- Hotfix for unintentional opening of Facebook link after entering Forum

1.2.56 (May 06, 2019)
Bugfixes:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will fix the path to its internal services, if it finds it is wrong
- Updating of games' local dependencies (e.g. Dosbox) will be handled correctly
- Unexpected files in games' directories will no longer cause failure of games’ update

1.2.57 (June 12, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Minor download speed optimizations
- Changes in PayPal payment flow
Bugfixes:
- Fixed rare crash occurence when reordering games' updates and installations
- GOG Galaxy will correctly reconnect to GOG services after long time of no internet connection

1.2.58 (September 13, 2019)
macOS:
- Enabled hardened runtime, making our application more secure
- Implemented Apple's notarization

1.2.59 (September 23, 2019)
Overlay:
- [Windows] Fixed crash in Overlay affecting some games (including Fallout 3 (Radeon only) and Dragon Age: Origins)
Achievements:
- [Windows] Fixed issue with achievements sometimes not being saved while playing offline

1.2.60 Beta (07 October, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update

1.2.61 Beta (October 23, 2019)
Updater:
- Fixed an issue where non-admin users would not be able to update to newer versions of GOG Galaxy

1.2.62 Beta (October 30, 2019)
Overlay:
- Fixed crashes for various games

1.2.63 (December 02, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update
Overlay [Windows]:
- Now supports games which use Vulkan API (e.g. Jupiter Hell, X4: Foundations)
- Fixes crashes for various games

1.2.64 (December 04, 2019)
- Hotfix for launching games

1.2.66 (January 23, 2020)
- Added information about GOG Galaxy 2.0 Open Beta
- Optimization related to showing download progress
- Fixed an issue where Overlay did not launch for some games that use Vulkan
- [Windows] Updated code signing certificate
- [MacOS] Crash fixes

1.2.67 (February 24, 2020)
General:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will now show a warning when trying to run on non-NTFS file systems
- Improved security of the application
- Updated POCO library
GOG GALAXY Update:
- Fixes for bugs in the GOG Galaxy update process
Post edited February 24, 2020 by TheTomasz
SNaKeYGR: AlthoughTW3+DLC and TW3GOTY edition have the same achievs, they unlock seperadly.
So check what version you had before and now.
Also they may have diferent savefile but im not 100% sure about that.
BKGaming: Like SNaKeYGR said, make sure you aren't using a different version. Witcher 3 + DLC is listed as a seperate product from Witcher 3 GOTY. So the achivements, while the same, are seperate on ones account. The GOTY edition was given to everyone that owned the base game + DLC.

The achievements are stored on GOG's servers, assuming the game was played via Galaxy and you were online so they could upoad to the server. So if the above isn't the issue, you may want to try contacting GOG support.
Ahh that must be the issue! I forgot that we were upgraded to the GOTY version for free.

Cheers guys!
Venom: snip
BKGaming: Just more proof that Galaxy needs a new icon. When looking at task view (on Windows 10 Spring Creators Update 2018) Galaxy is the only open program where the icon looks horrible. The rest of have nice clean non pixelated icons. Please look at the attached pic and again I ask consider designing a new icon to represent Galaxy.

Reported here: http://mantis.gog.com/view.php?id=5665
Hell yeah! The icon looks horrible even in windows 7 SP1 since last update (1.2.40).
Please upgrade it to a proper version!
Attachments:
horrible.jpg (12 Kb)
Eleriel: GOG Galaxy Notifications bug.

I have all notifications turned off, but I still get the blinking "!" in the windows taskbar whenever a wishlisted game has a discount.
I have all notifications turned off in the GOG Galaxy settings, and I already get a mail about it anyway.

it's annoying. stop it.
Buy all those games on your wishlist. That will fix it. ;3

ElPrimordial: Hell yeah! The icon looks horrible even in windows 7 SP1 since last update (1.2.40).
Please upgrade it to a proper version!
Does the client after 1.2. 39 still look like Google Chrome 2012? I am stopped upgrading at 1.2.37, but I suffer the garbled task tray icon disease as well.
Post edited April 10, 2018 by kittehoverlord
I didn't trust this GOG galaxy client when it first got released. I thought here we go, another bloody steam drama, I buy from GOG to get away from the steam drama and the ton of garbage they try to sell to you these days, but....

I thought seeing I had not heard of anything perticulary nasty about GOG-Galaxy that I would give it a go, and I was surprised, it's not bad, not bad at all. All the convienince and none of the BS. AND I still get to download my games and play them anywhere, anytime.
I'm impressed. :)
Post edited April 11, 2018 by DazBoots
I cannot find a definition of "desktop" vs. "overlay" notifications for any OS, let alone Windows 10 (where Galaxy is installed). I'm asking because it's not at all clear what choosing one over the other (or both) does. I've been curious about this ever since becoming part of GOG but didn't check the forums until today.

EDIT: Typo.
Post edited April 11, 2018 by wrldwzrd89
wrldwzrd89: I cannot find a definition of "desktop" vs. "overlay" notifications for any OS, let alone Windows 10 (where Galaxy is installed). I'm asking because it's not at all clear what choosing one over the other (or both) does. I've been curious about this ever since becoming part of GOG but didn't check the forums until today.

EDIT: Typo.
Simple. On windows 10 this is your dektop. Notifications like friends coming online or playing a game will show in the chosen position (default being bottom right).

Overlay is what allows stuff to render on the screen when a game is running. Things like notifications will show while a game is running if overlay is selected. You can open the overlay while running a game using SHIFT + TAB if the game supports it. However, the notifications will show regardless if the overlay is open (again if the game supports it).

So basically desktop shows notifications out of game, overlay shows notification in game.
Afternoon Fellas,

Was just curious if anyone else was experiencing this?

My version of GOG Galaxy (1.2.40) is almost constantly uploading at full speed.
There doesn't seem to be any cloud saves uploading or anything like that (unless it's doing it without showing).

Cheers guys
The_Alphaant: [...] My version of GOG Galaxy (1.2.40) is almost constantly uploading at full speed.
There doesn't seem to be any cloud saves uploading or anything like that (unless it's doing it without showing). [...]
Just out of curiosity: Does the issue persist if you blacklist all facebook domains* in your router?

facebook.com
facebook.net
facebook.de
facebook.fr
fb.com
fb.net
fb.me
fbcdn.com
fbcdn.net
fbsbx.com
fbsbx.net
tfbnw.net
messages-facebook.com
(There might be more. My blacklist has grown somewhat disordered over time...)
The_Alphaant: [...] My version of GOG Galaxy (1.2.40) is almost constantly uploading at full speed.
There doesn't seem to be any cloud saves uploading or anything like that (unless it's doing it without showing). [...]
HeartsAndRainbows: Just out of curiosity: Does the issue persist if you blacklist all facebook domains* in your router?

facebook.com
facebook.net
facebook.de
facebook.fr
fb.com
fb.net
fb.me
fbcdn.com
fbcdn.net
fbsbx.com
fbsbx.net
tfbnw.net
messages-facebook.com
HeartsAndRainbows: (There might be more. My blacklist has grown somewhat disordered over time...)
It ended up stopping after a while.
Once it started back up again I blacklisted the list and it still kept going, so it doesn't seem to be that.
Its very odd. :/
I suggest to scan your system with malwarebytes and adwcleaner (and windows defender if you have windows 10)
Is there any news on the Linux client of GOG Galaxy? It seems like it has been forever since we have heard about it. I'd take even a super broken alpha at this point. I really love using it on Windows over downloading games via the website.
ejankowska: There’s also a new Add Friends window that shows you a list of friends suggestions based on your GOG friends...
Yea I like this feature, but somebody didn't think this all the way through. Any type of feature like this needs an opt-out privacy option. Now you are just annoying people that don't want to be bothered with friend request, some of which don't even use Galaxy.

EDIT:

Making the "search for me" setting respect this would also be fine...
Post edited April 15, 2018 by BKGaming
Dorzalty: Is there any news on the Linux client of GOG Galaxy? [...]
I'd like to share a little story. Before I begin, I would like to point out that I'm not a GOG spokesperson, that the story you're about to read it is word of mouth and that I might have forgotten or distorted parts of the story. I cannot provide names of the sources or links just because I never knew any of those in the first place. With that disclaimer out of the way:

Last year in winter, a friend and I were musing about the world and all its flaws. Knowing they were using Linux and both on Steam as well as on GOG and I brought up the topic of GOG Galaxy: If it was any good (functionally) when compared to the Steam DRM-enforcer/spyware™[i]. They then told me that a friend of theirs had seen or read an interview with an employee of either [i]GOG or CD Projekt asking that same question. Said employee said that CD Projekt went through great lengths to port Witcher 2 to Linux. They knew that the port wouldn't have been financially feasible, but they did it anyway, because they thought their game was good and wanted to make the community happy. Unfortunately a very vocal part of the Linux community gave them nothing but... let's say "complaints" afterwards. Not the usual pointing out of bugs or asking for timeframe until the next patch, but really viscous insults. So when the devs for GOG Galaxy sat down at the big table and the question came up whether or not they wanted their online client to support Linux, it turned out that they didn't want to go though all that again.

Please remember my disclaimer: Word of mouth.

My suspicion why GOG don't bring that up all the time would be that they get enough complaints about other parts of their website and getting second guessed with every step they take. For example: If you read the threads for the latest releases for a while you will notice that it's not just a few nay-sayers but that there's a constant stream of complains from various users about the way a new release on GOG doesn't match their personal preferences. Don't get me wrong: I would always encourage pointing out shady business practices, but why in the world is would it be necessary to remind everyone that you don't like 2D platformers?!

*cough*

At the end, it's GOG's decision anyway. The only thing that could be done about this from our side would be to generate more Linux users. Given the state of the latest Windows version, that task should have gotten a whole lot easier. As soon as games stop running on Win 7 I will permanently switch to Linux myself.
high rated
Venom: - Suggested friends will be visible on the bottom of Friends window
I don't want any "friends". I don't want to add any, and I don't want anyone to add me. I don't want to see notifications, I don't want to know what 500 people are doing that I don't have any real world contact with or day to day communications with.

I'm getting inundated with friend requests and am supremely severely annoyed by this. I've disabled private messages completely so that nobody at all (friend or otherwise) can send me a message, and I've got the "do not allow people to search for me by name or email address" setting set so people can't search for me.

I don't want "friends". Please make it stop.
skeletonbow: ...
Yes, if you've disabled the "Searching for me" option in your privacy settings you shouln't be included in any friend recommendations. This is a bug, and we're working on fixing it.