It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Hi,

welcome to the official GOG Galaxy forum thread. Please read the below info first:

== GOG GALAXY FEATURES IN GAMES ==

List of games supporting various GOG Galaxy features:
Achievements: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=achievements&sort=bestselling&page=1
Cloud Saves: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=cloud_saves&sort=bestselling&page=1
Overlay: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=overlay&sort=bestselling&page=1

== BUG REPORTING ==

Please use: http://mantis.gog.com and include
1. steps to reproduce the bug (if possible)
2. screenshot or movie showing the bug (if possible)
3. Galaxy Client logs (location described on mantis report page)

== FEATURE SUGGESTIONS ==

Please use: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy. For feature suggestions and votes on them please try do explain how Galaxy and its users will really benefit from it.

== IMPORT ALREADY INSTALLED GAMES TO GALAXY ==

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the Galaxy logo button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library (click on the image of the game), then click the More button and select "Manage Installation" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.

== KNOWN ISSUES ==
- Galaxy cannot be launched by other users on the same computer

== CHANGELOG ==

1.2.49 (November 29, 2018)
- [Windows] Updater now requires administrator privileges to perform update of GOG Galaxy
- [Windows] Security of directories containing GOG Galaxy files has been improved
- [Windows] Updated Code Signing Certificate
- [Windows] Crash reporter has been added to Galaxy Communication Service
Bugfixes:
- Prevented several potential causes of "broken" games, where only way out was reinstalling
- [MacOS] Fixed a crash on shutdown when fatal error was shown

1.2.50 (December 13, 2018)
Changes & Improvements:
- Speed up startup time
- [MacOS] Strengthen up connection security with ClientService
Bugfixes:
- Fixed "disk access problem" when installing games, occuring mostly on fresh installation of GOG Galaxy
- Fixed a rare occurrence of a game update resulting in displaying "unknown game version"

1.2.51 (December 20, 2018)
- Improved Korean translations
- Fixed connection to notifications pusher in GOG Galaxy SDK

1.2.54 (March 14, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Updated Chromium version to 71:
- Better performance
- Fixes playing Twitch videos on profiles
- Fixes playing Wistia videos
- Security fixes in the game installation process
- Security fixes in GOG Galaxy update process
- GOG Galaxy Updater should perform better under poor network conditions
Bugfixes:
- [macOS] Fixed passing multiple commandline arguments to games
- [macOS] Multiple "friend online" notifications will no longer appear when system wakes up
- Dates are now properly displayed in cloud saves conflict window

1.2.55 (April 17, 2019)
- Hotfix for unintentional opening of Facebook link after entering Forum

1.2.56 (May 06, 2019)
Bugfixes:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will fix the path to its internal services, if it finds it is wrong
- Updating of games' local dependencies (e.g. Dosbox) will be handled correctly
- Unexpected files in games' directories will no longer cause failure of games’ update

1.2.57 (June 12, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Minor download speed optimizations
- Changes in PayPal payment flow
Bugfixes:
- Fixed rare crash occurence when reordering games' updates and installations
- GOG Galaxy will correctly reconnect to GOG services after long time of no internet connection

1.2.58 (September 13, 2019)
macOS:
- Enabled hardened runtime, making our application more secure
- Implemented Apple's notarization

1.2.59 (September 23, 2019)
Overlay:
- [Windows] Fixed crash in Overlay affecting some games (including Fallout 3 (Radeon only) and Dragon Age: Origins)
Achievements:
- [Windows] Fixed issue with achievements sometimes not being saved while playing offline

1.2.60 Beta (07 October, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update

1.2.61 Beta (October 23, 2019)
Updater:
- Fixed an issue where non-admin users would not be able to update to newer versions of GOG Galaxy

1.2.62 Beta (October 30, 2019)
Overlay:
- Fixed crashes for various games

1.2.63 (December 02, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update
Overlay [Windows]:
- Now supports games which use Vulkan API (e.g. Jupiter Hell, X4: Foundations)
- Fixes crashes for various games

1.2.64 (December 04, 2019)
- Hotfix for launching games

1.2.66 (January 23, 2020)
- Added information about GOG Galaxy 2.0 Open Beta
- Optimization related to showing download progress
- Fixed an issue where Overlay did not launch for some games that use Vulkan
- [Windows] Updated code signing certificate
- [MacOS] Crash fixes

1.2.67 (February 24, 2020)
General:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will now show a warning when trying to run on non-NTFS file systems
- Improved security of the application
- Updated POCO library
GOG GALAXY Update:
- Fixes for bugs in the GOG Galaxy update process
Post edited February 24, 2020 by TheTomasz
Loggitt: I don't see the answer here. Why can't I access my GOG library from within Galaxy? I cannot see anywhere where I am able to install a game in my library using Galaxy as the installer.
Um you should be able too? There is a library link up top next to the store link. Clicking that should open your library and allow you to install games.
MarkoH01: And how on earth should "people" have known about this?
Well it's kind of common sense really.. when you work on your projects at your 9 to 5 does everyone work on the same stuff? :P

MarkoH01: btw: It does not change my complaint a bit. Galaxy looks ugly - several people complained and asked for a simple fix. Nothing happened.
Agreed. Pretty sure I've never said it didn't and have agreed with you before that the icon is a blurry pixelated mess. I've been trying to get GOG to improve the aesthetics for a while now.
Post edited March 31, 2018 by BKGaming
The mobile avatar round is still a thing
Still cannot set custom keys for taking a screenshot and overlay
Still can't write any notes in and outside the game and save it online on galaxy
Still no linux version and developers start to not release a linux version on gog cuz of that "drm free" galaxy thing

no cuz you guys work on facebook crap.
I'll add a couple of things about the Galaxy client:

1) Searching the forums doesn't work. Clicking the search buttons on any forum pages doesn't nothing. Clicking the buttons to start a new post or reply to a new post work fine (obviously, since that's how I'm posting this comment).

2) Filtering based on features doesn't work right, IMO, either in Galaxy or on the web site. When I filter based on "single player", "controller support", "cloud save", I expect to only see games that match all three criteria. Instead, GOG shows me all games that match any of the criteria. That is not useful. I posted a separate post about this, but someone recommended I comment in this thread as well. Additionally, apologies if this has already been brought up. I tried to search, but, well, see #1.
MarkoH01: And how on earth should "people" have known about this?
BKGaming: Well it's kind of common sense really.. when you work on your projects at your 9 to 5 does everyone work on the same stuff? :P
Did it ever occur to you that there are jobs in the world that don't even involve any "projects"? Not everybody is a programmer or works in a buro (cleaning services i.e. won't involve any projects, so do car salesmen, leading positions and many other). But even IF this would be the case it's still not common sense. It could be as well that there is ONE team working on Galaxy and another working on the forum (lol) or whatever. The internal structures of GOG are not at all common sense and why should they? There are different ways firms can be working (just read some economic books). Ask several people how GOG is working and several people will tell you that they have no idea. I normally like your replys because they are in general pretty logical but this is far stretched.

MarkoH01: btw: It does not change my complaint a bit. Galaxy looks ugly - several people complained and asked for a simple fix. Nothing happened.
BKGaming: Agreed. Pretty sure I've never said it didn't and have agreed with you before that the icon is a blurry pixelated mess. I've been trying to get GOG to improve the aesthetics for a while now.
You have agreed. But when I told them that "this is fixed" and "this is not fixed" you replied that "people" should be aware that different teams are responsible for different issues. But this does not change anything at all about my complaint, does it? It only means the team responsible to fix my issue did not do it. It might be that the "other team" did great work and implementing the social media features therefore has nothing to do with the lack of work on the other issue but the fact remains, so I was wondering why this "common snse" information would be so important for my complaint.
MarkoH01: Did it ever occur to you that there are jobs in the world that don't even involve any "projects"? Not everybody is a programmer or works in a buro (cleaning services i.e. won't involve any projects, so do car salesmen, leading positions and many other).
Okay fair enough, maybe projects wasn't the right word. I simply mean even as a basic concept, different people are inolved in different things in a company. Just like two car salesmen arn't going to sell the same car, nor 2 cleaning teams aren't going to clean the same room (typically).

That is what I meant by commen sense...

MarkoH01: You have agreed. But when I told them that "this is fixed" and "this is not fixed" you replied that "people" should be aware that different teams are responsible for different issues.
In fairness I replied in a general sense to Pawel1995, not specially to you or your issue.

MarkoH01: But this does not change anything at all about my complaint, does it? It only means the team responsible to fix my issue did not do it. It might be that the "other team" did great work and implementing the social media features therefore has nothing to do with the lack of work on the other issue but the fact remains, so I was wondering why this "common snse" information would be so important for my complaint.
Sure but why should one feature that is ready to be relased be held up because some other fixes (that may or may not be the job of another team) aren't ready yet? I understand you want your issue fixed, but this feature probably has no barring on the time frame in which that happens.

For instance I don't know about the Galaxy team, but I know the web dev side I've been told they got a pretty big backlog of stuff they are working on where even a simple change can takes weeks or months to implement due to how things are prioritized.

All I'm saying let's not condem them for sake of condeming them because a particular issue isn't fixed, not when there are other factors internally that can determine why that is.

Things have to be prioritized by how much they impact functionality, etc and "being ugly" probably takes a very low priority to be honest, even if I agree that looking good matters as much as how functional something is.

Galaxy really needs a UI imrovment in mutliple areas.
BKGaming: Okay fair enough, maybe projects wasn't the right word. I simply mean even as a basic concept, different people are inolved in different things in a company. Just like two car salesmen arn't going to sell the same car, nor 2 cleaning teams aren't going to clean the same room (typically).
That is what I meant by commen sense...
Understood but it still does not define the different things. Like I said: without internal knowledge I would not be able to know if there is one team for GOG Galaxy and one for GOG forum and one for GOG web site or if these team are devided even further. So even if it might be common sense to devide work to different teams the way these teams are devided can be completely different.

BKGaming: In fairness I replied in a general sense to Pawel1995, not specially to you or your issue.
Oh, then that was my mistake - sorry.

BKGaming: Sure but why should one feature that is ready to be relased be held up because some other fixes (that may or may not be the job of another team) aren't ready yet? I understand you want your issue fixed, but this feature probably has no barring on the time frame in which that happens.
This was made clear the moment GOG said different teams worked on the social media features. When you replied to Pawel1995 I thought it was adressed to me and my complaint. It felt as if you wanted to tell me there was no reason to complain anymore that's why I explained that the fact alone that different teams were working on the social media features only means that these had nothing to do with not fixing my issue but that my complaint still stands since the issue has not been fixed.

BKGaming: All I'm saying let's not condem them for sake of condeming them because a particular issue isn't fixed, not when there are other factors internally that can determine why that is.
This was never my intention at all. But honestly - fixing a blurred icon is probably a thing of a few minutes tops. So I would suggest other priorities: do the things that attract people and are easy to fix first. Since day 1 - meaning since Galaxy even started it is impossible to use friendlist and chat while in game. We are talking about YEARS. I would be the last person to not understand that software development takes time but before I add several other features maybe I should make sure that those basics are working fine - including the look (it's not that important as you might think ... GOG wants people to USE GOG Galaxy and looks are really important here). Like I said: wrong priorities.
Post edited March 31, 2018 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: Understood but it still does not define the different things. Like I said: without internal knowledge I would not be able to know if there is one team for GOG Galaxy and one for GOG forum and one for GOG web site or if these team are devided even further. So even if it might be common sense to devide work to different teams the way these teams are devided can be completely different.
Well I can only pull from my own experience in development, but even if lets say GOG has a Galaxy Team and Web Development Team. From there it's still going to be broken down even more.

They likley for instance, have Feature A assigned to a few people (or a single developer) and Feature B assigned to different people in the team. Depends on how big the teams are an how much work has to be done.

Each person probably has a list or some kind of tracking system where issues are prioritized based on how enssential they are to functionality or in case of bugs how bad they are.

When a dev fixes a bug or implements a new feature, they probally have certerlized repo that they push code changes to which are then looked over by somebody higher up before being pulled into the main repo that makes up Galaxy or the web site. This all takes time.

MarkoH01: This was never my intention at all. But honestly - fixing a blurred icon is probably a thing of a few minutes tops. So I would suggest other priorities: do the things that attract people and are easy to fix first. Since day 1 - meaning since Galaxy even started it is impossible to use friendlist and chat while in game. We are talking about YEARS. I would be the last person to not understand that software development takes time but before I add several other features maybe I should make sure that those basics are working fine - including the look. Like I said: wrong priorities.
Yes it's probably not a complicated issue, but even simple issues have to be prioritzed by the above factors. You would think that somebody could just take a few hours a go fix it but that now how development typically works. Each project usually has a project manager who then then tells you what to work on.

And like I said in my edit above, being ugly probably takes a very low priority, even if I agree that looking good matters as much as how functional somehting is. Galaxy could use a lot of UI improvments.

You also have to consider that not all issues are experienced by everyone, for example I have never had issues with chat or the friends list in-game which could make figuring out the cause hard.
BKGaming: You also have to consider that not all issues are experienced by everyone, for example I have never had issues with chat or the friendslist in-game which could make figuring out the cause hard.
So you are able to enter the overlay (while in game) and start chat at once? Friendlist is also completely shown at the moment?
BKGaming: You also have to consider that not all issues are experienced by everyone, for example I have never had issues with chat or the friendslist in-game which could make figuring out the cause hard.
MarkoH01: So you are able to enter the overlay (while in game) and start chat at once? Friendlist is also completely shown at the moment?
Yep just tested agian to make sure. It takes a few seconds to load eveything and to show who is online but it all works and loads.
MarkoH01: So you are able to enter the overlay (while in game) and start chat at once? Friendlist is also completely shown at the moment?
BKGaming: Yep just tested agian to make sure. It takes a few seconds to load eveything and to show who is online but it all works and loads.
Just wanted to test this myself and tried with Memoranda. I once got an error message whenever I was leaving the game and the overlay was activated. Opened a ticket quite a while ago ... still getting the error - guess it's another one of those low priorities then ...

Then I tried it with LEGO Star Wars and was told that I was offline after several seconds of trying to connect and showing some friends. So far for me this Galaxy overlay is worth nothing since I cannot use it (only for screenshots). To write or read a chat I will have to ALT-TAB out of th egame and then use Galaxy.

I said it once and I say it again. I like GOG support in general and they helped me a lot. Galaxy support however imo is really bad and I won't bother opening other tickets if they keep getting ignored.
MarkoH01: Then I tried it with LEGO Star Wars and was told that I was offline after several seconds of trying to connect and showing some friends. So far for me this Galaxy overlay is worth nothing since I cannot use it (only for screenshots). To write or read a chat I will have to ALT-TAB out of th egame and then use Galaxy.
Yea I looked at your picture before. It appears to me that Galaxy simply thinks you are offline when the overlay is called. Should be easy enough to see why this is with your logs.This could be because of a number of reasons though. For instance, could be your firewall blocking something or a program running in the background on your PC. It could be certain ports being blocked by your router or ISP that Galaxy needs to function (GOG really should say what ports Galaxy uses).

So this issuse could be really specific to you unfortunately.
MarkoH01: Then I tried it with LEGO Star Wars and was told that I was offline after several seconds of trying to connect and showing some friends. So far for me this Galaxy overlay is worth nothing since I cannot use it (only for screenshots). To write or read a chat I will have to ALT-TAB out of th egame and then use Galaxy.
BKGaming: Yea I looked at your picture before. It appears to me that Galaxy simply thinks you are offline when the overlay is called. Should be easy enough to see why this is with your logs.This could be because of a number of reasons though. For instance, could be your firewall blocking something or a program running in the background on your PC. It could be certain ports being blocked by your router or ISP that Galaxy needs to function (GOG really should say what ports Galaxy uses).

So this issuse could be really specific to you unfortunately.
That's not correct. As I said, Galaxy is actively accessing online features (like friendlists and their status) - so it's not just a simple "Galaxy thinks you are offlne" thing. Galaxy just time outs after a while. Of course I added my logs to the ticket when I opened it so if it "should be easy enough to see why this is" I really wonder why I have not received any feedback (except from Johny who could not help but experienced the same issue).

Look at this:
http://mantis.gog.com/view.php?id=5056
It was posted nearly a year ago and so far all that has happened is assigning it and finding out that there'S another one similar to this. Well congratulations ... with this GOG achieved ... nothing so far.
Great, now a 11gb update is downloading at 300-0 Kbs with a 900 Mbs connection...Yes, galaxy is allowed through my firewall...Looks like I have to go the gog downloader route...
deleted
MarkoH01: That's not correct. As I said, Galaxy is actively accessing online features (like friendlists and their status) - so it's not just a simple "Galaxy thinks you are offlne" thing. Galaxy just time outs after a while. Of course I added my logs to the ticket when I opened it so if it "should be easy enough to see why this is" I really wonder why I have not received any feedback (except from Johny who could not help but experienced the same issue).
Yes I understand that features like friends list and chat work outside of the overlay and that you are not actually offline when you are calling the overlay. But it could very well be something minor where only part of the overlay is having issues connecting which messes up the entire overlay when it tries to render it's output to you.

This is why these isses are hard to dertermine sometimes. The overlay connects to number of different services on GOG backend when called. One connection being blocked or failing for some reason could throw the entire thing off.

Or it could be something else competly, it was just my best guess from looking at the picture based on a very limited amount of information.

MarkoH01: Look at this:
http://mantis.gog.com/view.php?id=5056
It was posted nearly a year ago and so far all that has happened is assigning it and finding out that there'S another one similar to this. Well congratulations ... with this GOG achieved ... nothing so far.
I'll take a look at them later and see if anything stands out. But it's not going to be the same as if GOG themselves looked at them, because only they will really know their error logs inside and out. Also let me clarify your logs should easily enough point out what the issue is or where this issue is happening (ie what is failing) but that doesn't always mean the issue is easy to fix either.

Also looking at your logs you report that it is slow. Does it actually connect or does it always time out? Or does it sometimes connect and somtimes time out. Because that could make a difference in finding the cause.

PS: You are not the only one that has dealt with issues like this for a long time. I also had a very slow connection type issue with the installer window loading when trying to install a game. It took sometimes north of 15 to 20 min's to load the window. GOG has recently improved this significatly but I dealt with it for a long time (probably a good year or more, and only me and one other person reported it so it wasn't a signifcant enough issue for the longest time before it finally got GOG's attention.