It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Hi,

welcome to the official GOG Galaxy forum thread. Please read the below info first:

== GOG GALAXY FEATURES IN GAMES ==

List of games supporting various GOG Galaxy features:
Achievements: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=achievements&sort=bestselling&page=1
Cloud Saves: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=cloud_saves&sort=bestselling&page=1
Overlay: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=overlay&sort=bestselling&page=1

== BUG REPORTING ==

Please use: http://mantis.gog.com and include
1. steps to reproduce the bug (if possible)
2. screenshot or movie showing the bug (if possible)
3. Galaxy Client logs (location described on mantis report page)

== FEATURE SUGGESTIONS ==

Please use: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy. For feature suggestions and votes on them please try do explain how Galaxy and its users will really benefit from it.

== IMPORT ALREADY INSTALLED GAMES TO GALAXY ==

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the Galaxy logo button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library (click on the image of the game), then click the More button and select "Manage Installation" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.

== KNOWN ISSUES ==
- Galaxy cannot be launched by other users on the same computer

== CHANGELOG ==

1.2.49 (November 29, 2018)
- [Windows] Updater now requires administrator privileges to perform update of GOG Galaxy
- [Windows] Security of directories containing GOG Galaxy files has been improved
- [Windows] Updated Code Signing Certificate
- [Windows] Crash reporter has been added to Galaxy Communication Service
Bugfixes:
- Prevented several potential causes of "broken" games, where only way out was reinstalling
- [MacOS] Fixed a crash on shutdown when fatal error was shown

1.2.50 (December 13, 2018)
Changes & Improvements:
- Speed up startup time
- [MacOS] Strengthen up connection security with ClientService
Bugfixes:
- Fixed "disk access problem" when installing games, occuring mostly on fresh installation of GOG Galaxy
- Fixed a rare occurrence of a game update resulting in displaying "unknown game version"

1.2.51 (December 20, 2018)
- Improved Korean translations
- Fixed connection to notifications pusher in GOG Galaxy SDK

1.2.54 (March 14, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Updated Chromium version to 71:
- Better performance
- Fixes playing Twitch videos on profiles
- Fixes playing Wistia videos
- Security fixes in the game installation process
- Security fixes in GOG Galaxy update process
- GOG Galaxy Updater should perform better under poor network conditions
Bugfixes:
- [macOS] Fixed passing multiple commandline arguments to games
- [macOS] Multiple "friend online" notifications will no longer appear when system wakes up
- Dates are now properly displayed in cloud saves conflict window

1.2.55 (April 17, 2019)
- Hotfix for unintentional opening of Facebook link after entering Forum

1.2.56 (May 06, 2019)
Bugfixes:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will fix the path to its internal services, if it finds it is wrong
- Updating of games' local dependencies (e.g. Dosbox) will be handled correctly
- Unexpected files in games' directories will no longer cause failure of games’ update

1.2.57 (June 12, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Minor download speed optimizations
- Changes in PayPal payment flow
Bugfixes:
- Fixed rare crash occurence when reordering games' updates and installations
- GOG Galaxy will correctly reconnect to GOG services after long time of no internet connection

1.2.58 (September 13, 2019)
macOS:
- Enabled hardened runtime, making our application more secure
- Implemented Apple's notarization

1.2.59 (September 23, 2019)
Overlay:
- [Windows] Fixed crash in Overlay affecting some games (including Fallout 3 (Radeon only) and Dragon Age: Origins)
Achievements:
- [Windows] Fixed issue with achievements sometimes not being saved while playing offline

1.2.60 Beta (07 October, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update

1.2.61 Beta (October 23, 2019)
Updater:
- Fixed an issue where non-admin users would not be able to update to newer versions of GOG Galaxy

1.2.62 Beta (October 30, 2019)
Overlay:
- Fixed crashes for various games

1.2.63 (December 02, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update
Overlay [Windows]:
- Now supports games which use Vulkan API (e.g. Jupiter Hell, X4: Foundations)
- Fixes crashes for various games

1.2.64 (December 04, 2019)
- Hotfix for launching games

1.2.66 (January 23, 2020)
- Added information about GOG Galaxy 2.0 Open Beta
- Optimization related to showing download progress
- Fixed an issue where Overlay did not launch for some games that use Vulkan
- [Windows] Updated code signing certificate
- [MacOS] Crash fixes

1.2.67 (February 24, 2020)
General:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will now show a warning when trying to run on non-NTFS file systems
- Improved security of the application
- Updated POCO library
GOG GALAXY Update:
- Fixes for bugs in the GOG Galaxy update process
Post edited February 24, 2020 by TheTomasz
BKGaming: (...)
Johny.: I am not the most competent to respond about the problem above, but I can say there are some optimizations in terms of downloading threads and CDNs used incoming. We have observed similar behavior (stuck finishing download) before.

Does anyone reading here have similar issues like BKGaming?
Well becoming stuck is the least of the problem. My main issue is it was stuck and still downloading something with 4 MB left to download. It doesn't take my internet 20 min to download 4 MB, so it was burning some kind of data while being stuck according to task manager.

It makes me hesitant to leave Galaxy unsupervised while downloading because I have a download limit.

Anyway support has my logs now.
Post edited March 26, 2018 by BKGaming
BKGaming: Anyway support has my logs now.
And if you are really, really lucky one happy day they might even read it ;)

(Sorry for sarcasm - but regarding Galaxy problems this is my experience ... wait - somtimes they also merge my ticket but that's about it. I don't even dare to dream about them fixing the Galaxy issues. Johny himself is still experiencing the issue that it's nearly impossible to use friendlist and chat while in a game making the overlay nearly meaningless and this has not changed since the Galaxy overlay exists.)
Post edited March 26, 2018 by MarkoH01
Wherever I install Tangledeep, Icewind Dale 2 or Pillars of eternity my installation always crash. Solutiontion? Usually, the installation is continueded, but it damn annoying when download speed lowers till 0.0MB/s and then the istallation fails.
PainOfSalvation: That's because Galaxy never left Beta. :p
lol

I am still ``testing'' 1.2.37
Attachments:
happy-cat.gif (228 Kb)
Whenever I use the "scan and import folders" function GOG Galaxy always tries to download updates for every game in the folder regardless of whether there's an update available or not, and takes several hours trying to install updates that simply don't exist. It wastes data and it wastes my time; is there any way to stop this behavior?
Hi,

we just released GOG Galaxy ver. 1.2.40, with a new feature: now you can log in to Galaxy using your Facebook account. There’s also a new Add Friends window that shows you a list of friends suggestions based on your GOG friends and Facebook friends that also use Galaxy (if you connected your account of course).

For full changelog see the first post.

Cheers!
high rated
ejankowska: Hi,

we just released GOG Galaxy ver. 1.2.40, with a new feature: now you can log in to Galaxy using your Facebook account. There’s also a new Add Friends window that shows you a list of friends suggestions based on your GOG friends and Facebook friends that also use Galaxy (if you connected your account of course).

Cheers!
Great time to include Facebook login!!!!
Seriously?
This is not inspiring a lot of confidence.

What effect will it have on people who don't log in with Facebook account?
bhrigu: What effect will it have on people who don't log in with Facebook account?
No effect.
Thea: The Awakening update fails with "INSTALLATION FAILED: DISK ACCESS PROBLEM", if that matters. Thea's on a connected drive and I can access other things on that drive.
ejankowska: Hi,

Cheers!
Cool but I kind of wish it was laid out differently. The Facebook connect button should probably be under settings with a dedicated connect account tab (this will allow a place for future account connections) like perhaps twitch or something down the road.

Also am not crazy about the friend suggestions being at the bottom of the friends list were friend invites end up nor about it being yet another pop up. But I'm not exactly sure what to do about it. Maybe have it as an attached window to the site of the friends list or something that is collapsible?
When You fix the correct display chenglog in the galaxy? The game update, the number of patch change, but info what has changed is old for a long time.
high rated
Aaaaand it still looks ugly as hell and chat ingame still is not working (see attachement). Great prioritys, GOG - lucky to have facebook in which has such a bad reputation, especially at the moment but no ... let's just look this ugly even though people complained about it *facepalm*. This is getting ridiculous.
Attachments:
Are personal profiles coming?

it's been a long while. c'mon!
high rated
I don't get triggered so easily, usually.

For the love of the heaven, at least put an option to DISABLE FRIENDS SUGGESTION AND FB LOGIN.
high rated
FB login feels really unnecessary and not needed AT ALL at this moment of Galaxy's development.

Also I feel like either someone at GOG is trolling or they missed the hole "Facebook stores even more than you would"-news that popped up 2 days ago. I mean, I don't want to give you tips, GOG, but that's not how you do it :D If you hear about companies doing whatever they want with user's private information, it's not a good idea to patch a "connect" feature with that service 2 days later xD

I personally don't care too much, as long as the launcher doesn't remind me about this function!

The suggested friends-implementation is cool imo. It's one of the many steps that GOG Galaxy have to go, until we get full user profiles, where you can share screenshots/your game library/your friendlist. These are just key features that GOG Galaxy needs, to compete with Steam in the future.

As long as all these things can be set to "private" /don't show to my friends (just like Steam), I see nobody getting hurt with implementations like that.