It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Hi,

welcome to the official GOG Galaxy forum thread. Please read the below info first:

== GOG GALAXY FEATURES IN GAMES ==

List of games supporting various GOG Galaxy features:
Achievements: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=achievements&sort=bestselling&page=1
Cloud Saves: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=cloud_saves&sort=bestselling&page=1
Overlay: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=overlay&sort=bestselling&page=1

== BUG REPORTING ==

Please use: http://mantis.gog.com and include
1. steps to reproduce the bug (if possible)
2. screenshot or movie showing the bug (if possible)
3. Galaxy Client logs (location described on mantis report page)

== FEATURE SUGGESTIONS ==

Please use: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy. For feature suggestions and votes on them please try do explain how Galaxy and its users will really benefit from it.

== IMPORT ALREADY INSTALLED GAMES TO GALAXY ==

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the Galaxy logo button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library (click on the image of the game), then click the More button and select "Manage Installation" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.

== KNOWN ISSUES ==
- Galaxy cannot be launched by other users on the same computer

== CHANGELOG ==

1.2.49 (November 29, 2018)
- [Windows] Updater now requires administrator privileges to perform update of GOG Galaxy
- [Windows] Security of directories containing GOG Galaxy files has been improved
- [Windows] Updated Code Signing Certificate
- [Windows] Crash reporter has been added to Galaxy Communication Service
Bugfixes:
- Prevented several potential causes of "broken" games, where only way out was reinstalling
- [MacOS] Fixed a crash on shutdown when fatal error was shown

1.2.50 (December 13, 2018)
Changes & Improvements:
- Speed up startup time
- [MacOS] Strengthen up connection security with ClientService
Bugfixes:
- Fixed "disk access problem" when installing games, occuring mostly on fresh installation of GOG Galaxy
- Fixed a rare occurrence of a game update resulting in displaying "unknown game version"

1.2.51 (December 20, 2018)
- Improved Korean translations
- Fixed connection to notifications pusher in GOG Galaxy SDK

1.2.54 (March 14, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Updated Chromium version to 71:
- Better performance
- Fixes playing Twitch videos on profiles
- Fixes playing Wistia videos
- Security fixes in the game installation process
- Security fixes in GOG Galaxy update process
- GOG Galaxy Updater should perform better under poor network conditions
Bugfixes:
- [macOS] Fixed passing multiple commandline arguments to games
- [macOS] Multiple "friend online" notifications will no longer appear when system wakes up
- Dates are now properly displayed in cloud saves conflict window

1.2.55 (April 17, 2019)
- Hotfix for unintentional opening of Facebook link after entering Forum

1.2.56 (May 06, 2019)
Bugfixes:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will fix the path to its internal services, if it finds it is wrong
- Updating of games' local dependencies (e.g. Dosbox) will be handled correctly
- Unexpected files in games' directories will no longer cause failure of games’ update

1.2.57 (June 12, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Minor download speed optimizations
- Changes in PayPal payment flow
Bugfixes:
- Fixed rare crash occurence when reordering games' updates and installations
- GOG Galaxy will correctly reconnect to GOG services after long time of no internet connection

1.2.58 (September 13, 2019)
macOS:
- Enabled hardened runtime, making our application more secure
- Implemented Apple's notarization

1.2.59 (September 23, 2019)
Overlay:
- [Windows] Fixed crash in Overlay affecting some games (including Fallout 3 (Radeon only) and Dragon Age: Origins)
Achievements:
- [Windows] Fixed issue with achievements sometimes not being saved while playing offline

1.2.60 Beta (07 October, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update

1.2.61 Beta (October 23, 2019)
Updater:
- Fixed an issue where non-admin users would not be able to update to newer versions of GOG Galaxy

1.2.62 Beta (October 30, 2019)
Overlay:
- Fixed crashes for various games

1.2.63 (December 02, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update
Overlay [Windows]:
- Now supports games which use Vulkan API (e.g. Jupiter Hell, X4: Foundations)
- Fixes crashes for various games

1.2.64 (December 04, 2019)
- Hotfix for launching games

1.2.66 (January 23, 2020)
- Added information about GOG Galaxy 2.0 Open Beta
- Optimization related to showing download progress
- Fixed an issue where Overlay did not launch for some games that use Vulkan
- [Windows] Updated code signing certificate
- [MacOS] Crash fixes

1.2.67 (February 24, 2020)
General:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will now show a warning when trying to run on non-NTFS file systems
- Improved security of the application
- Updated POCO library
GOG GALAXY Update:
- Fixes for bugs in the GOG Galaxy update process
Post edited February 24, 2020 by TheTomasz
Any reason why gog galaxy achievements for Ghost of a Tale disappeared few hours before release?
Why do I keep getting a "GOG Galaxy Cannot Update" error everytime it tries updating? As well, I can't even log into the client. For this update, it stops at 2.8%.

Already running as an administrator. I have Windows 10 with the latest updates.
TheTomasz: Enjoy!
BKGaming: I'd like too but stuff like this is getting really old. I swear this damn icon bug is never going to be solved... nearly everytime I restart now I got missing icons.

Also the update changelog list 1.2.39 as a beta so?
This, I restart offline and they activly shut down and have to go back online in order to re-enable them again! My guess is the chromium bug as it's based off of chrome tech so it may be a thumbnail/icon cache problem...
TheTomasz: Hey,

we have released GOG Galaxy 1.2.39 for everyone.

This update consists mostly of the changes, which were already available through our Beta updates.

Apart from that we've decided to increase number of download threads to 32, based on our tests, it seems like a good switch, especially for those of you living in areas where we did not yet fully develop our GOG network.

Full changelog, as always you can find either in GOG Galaxy app, or in the sticky post in this thread.

Enjoy!
Sorry, but the "new" Galaxy is ugly as hell now. No fullscreen mode available anymore - an ugly and distracting blue window bar on top of EVERYTHING and the taskbar icon is blurry. (Win7/64 without aero).
Attachments:
Post edited March 14, 2018 by MarkoH01
Ugh why doesn't Galaxy use the system theme for its windows any more?!

That looks really ugly and my guess would be that uses more resources than native windows anyway?
Read through a bit of this thread but I will still mention a couple of things:

1. [BUG] Every time I start up Galaxy Client my installed Game Icons in the Left Side Menu Listing do not all load properly. They only show up if I click on the game listing.

2. [REQUESTED FEATURE] I know this has probably been requested a million times but there should really be a RIGHT CLICK CONTEXT MENU ( i.e. Back, Forward, Copy, Paste, etc.) to make page navigation in the Client much easier. To be straight forward it really sucks using Galaxy without this function. This alone makes me not want to even use the Client.
MarkoH01: Sorry, but the "new" Galaxy is ugly as hell now. No fullscreen mode available anymore - an ugly and distracting blue window bar on top of EVERYTHING and the taskbar icon is blurry. (Win7/64 without aero).
If you would like, I can share the 1.2.37 build installer downloaded from GOG and a commandline argument for the start menu/shortcut that will prevent GOG Galaxy from updating into the dead zone.
EDIT: No need since GOG still keeps the last good version here ;3
https://cdn.gog.com/open/galaxy/client/setup_galaxy_1.2.37.7.exe

In case you already have the installer, just add /runWithoutUpdating after the ``Target'' location in the properties window for the shortcut. Once I saw the 1.2.38 beta build here:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_galaxy_official_discussion_thread/post1375
I knew my time with GOG Galaxy was coming to a stand still. I will sit on 1.2.37 until either something changes for the better or it travels over the hill and out of sight.
Post edited March 15, 2018 by kittehoverlord
takezodunmer2005: This, I restart offline and they activly shut down and have to go back online in order to re-enable them again! My guess is the chromium bug as it's based off of chrome tech so it may be a thumbnail/icon cache problem...
I had the bug for the longest time, then it stopped happening, and now it's back again. Seems like no matter what they do this damn bug keeps coming back. It for sure seems like a cache issue. If they can't fix it then they may as well just remove the icons from the left hand side and and use text only like Steam does.
MarkoH01: Sorry, but the "new" Galaxy is ugly as hell now. No fullscreen mode available anymore - an ugly and distracting blue window bar on top of EVERYTHING and the taskbar icon is blurry. (Win7/64 without aero).
Again I say, I think it's past time to drop the Windows frame from Galaxy and build a custom one. Should have been done in my opinion before Galaxy left beta.

The taskbar icon being blurry... well it's always looked blurry as hell to me (just not as bad as what you are showing in the picture). Galaxy is literally the only program I have installed on my PC that uses TEXT in their logo which makes the icon blurry as shit at those small sizes. You can barely even read that it says GOG COM.

GOG is throwing their brand name / logo all over Galaxy and I don't know why. We know were are using something made by GOG, so why can't we having something a little more appropriate to represent Galaxy itself.

I propose GOG have their designers come up with some kind of icon that is an actual Galaxy.
Post edited March 15, 2018 by BKGaming
reddog000: Read through a bit of this thread but I will still mention a couple of things:

1. [BUG] Every time I start up Galaxy Client my installed Game Icons in the Left Side Menu Listing do not all load properly. They only show up if I click on the game listing.

2. [REQUESTED FEATURE] I know this has probably been requested a million times but there should really be a RIGHT CLICK CONTEXT MENU ( i.e. Back, Forward, Copy, Paste, etc.) to make page navigation in the Client much easier. To be straight forward it really sucks using Galaxy without this function. This alone makes me not want to even use the Client.
Agreed to both. I have the same issue regarding the icons time and again but much worse is the fact of a missing copy/paste function. How should one link to a former post without quoting it completely and it's impossible to link to a former post you wrote yourself (since it'S not possible to quote your own post).
kittehoverlord: If you would like, I can share the 1.2.37 build installer downloaded from GOG and a commandline argument for the start menu/shortcut that will prevent GOG Galaxy from updating into the dead zone.
EDIT: No need since GOG still keeps the last good version here ;3
https://cdn.gog.com/open/galaxy/client/setup_galaxy_1.2.37.7.exe

In case you already have the installer, just add /runWithoutUpdating after the ``Target'' location in the properties window for the shortcut. Once I saw the 1.2.38 beta build here:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_galaxy_official_discussion_thread/post1375
I knew my time with GOG Galaxy was coming to a stand still. I will sit on 1.2.37 until either something changes for the better or it travels over the hill and out of sight.
Thank you :)
Post edited March 15, 2018 by MarkoH01
- [Windows] Fixed some cases of "Connection to Communication Service was lost and could not be restored"
Clearly haven't fixed what causes it on my windows 7 laptop.
This useless communication service makes your whole client unusable, why don't you get rid of it? Cause everything works just fine for a few seconds, browsing the store and everything, then the error pops up and closes the client.

And support is useless, just how incompetent is the development team there?
Attachments:
celroid: And support is useless, just how incompetent is the development team there?
They seem to be doing a good job. Perhaps you should upload your logs to the mantis website and open a bug report or add to an already existing one.
TheTomasz: snip
And another post about the lack of Galaxy being mentioned on the home page. What is it going to take for you guys to realize removing the Galaxy banner from the homepage was a bad idea?

Add it back but make it better... remove the "Try GOG Galaxy" button from the account library (it's worthless with the bundled installers) and add a switch toggle for classic and Galaxy installers so users can pick a default view.

This isn't rocket science... bad site design is bad site design.
Post edited March 19, 2018 by BKGaming
I have been playing Neverwinter Nights and recently my cloud saves have been going over my limit (200mb). I like being able to keep saves so I'd prefer to fix this instead of just not using cloud saves.

My problem is that I'm not certain what is being saved on the cloud and what isn't, which makes it hard to know what to get rid of.

Is there a way to see specifically what I'm saving to the cloud?
Have to echo what many others have said above.

Installed Witcher 3 GOTY. Went that went fine. However, launch game and GOG Overlay crashes every time.

Achievements don't work in-game. Complete play though with zero completed. Does show playtime though.

So fine, I try to play older game Dark Star One. Installer has no clue what size, bunch of random numbers. Installer hangs "checking local files." Try to cancel but can't. Also can't shutdown client. Have to terminate all threads in tree.

Remove install manually and tried again. Now downloads at 0.2MB/s on a Fibre 200/200Mbit connection.

Not impressed to say the least.