It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Hi,

welcome to the official GOG Galaxy forum thread. Please read the below info first:

== GOG GALAXY FEATURES IN GAMES ==

List of games supporting various GOG Galaxy features:
Achievements: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=achievements&sort=bestselling&page=1
Cloud Saves: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=cloud_saves&sort=bestselling&page=1
Overlay: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=overlay&sort=bestselling&page=1

== BUG REPORTING ==

Please use: http://mantis.gog.com and include
1. steps to reproduce the bug (if possible)
2. screenshot or movie showing the bug (if possible)
3. Galaxy Client logs (location described on mantis report page)

== FEATURE SUGGESTIONS ==

Please use: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy. For feature suggestions and votes on them please try do explain how Galaxy and its users will really benefit from it.

== IMPORT ALREADY INSTALLED GAMES TO GALAXY ==

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the Galaxy logo button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library (click on the image of the game), then click the More button and select "Manage Installation" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.

== KNOWN ISSUES ==
- Galaxy cannot be launched by other users on the same computer

== CHANGELOG ==

1.2.49 (November 29, 2018)
- [Windows] Updater now requires administrator privileges to perform update of GOG Galaxy
- [Windows] Security of directories containing GOG Galaxy files has been improved
- [Windows] Updated Code Signing Certificate
- [Windows] Crash reporter has been added to Galaxy Communication Service
Bugfixes:
- Prevented several potential causes of "broken" games, where only way out was reinstalling
- [MacOS] Fixed a crash on shutdown when fatal error was shown

1.2.50 (December 13, 2018)
Changes & Improvements:
- Speed up startup time
- [MacOS] Strengthen up connection security with ClientService
Bugfixes:
- Fixed "disk access problem" when installing games, occuring mostly on fresh installation of GOG Galaxy
- Fixed a rare occurrence of a game update resulting in displaying "unknown game version"

1.2.51 (December 20, 2018)
- Improved Korean translations
- Fixed connection to notifications pusher in GOG Galaxy SDK

1.2.54 (March 14, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Updated Chromium version to 71:
- Better performance
- Fixes playing Twitch videos on profiles
- Fixes playing Wistia videos
- Security fixes in the game installation process
- Security fixes in GOG Galaxy update process
- GOG Galaxy Updater should perform better under poor network conditions
Bugfixes:
- [macOS] Fixed passing multiple commandline arguments to games
- [macOS] Multiple "friend online" notifications will no longer appear when system wakes up
- Dates are now properly displayed in cloud saves conflict window

1.2.55 (April 17, 2019)
- Hotfix for unintentional opening of Facebook link after entering Forum

1.2.56 (May 06, 2019)
Bugfixes:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will fix the path to its internal services, if it finds it is wrong
- Updating of games' local dependencies (e.g. Dosbox) will be handled correctly
- Unexpected files in games' directories will no longer cause failure of games’ update

1.2.57 (June 12, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Minor download speed optimizations
- Changes in PayPal payment flow
Bugfixes:
- Fixed rare crash occurence when reordering games' updates and installations
- GOG Galaxy will correctly reconnect to GOG services after long time of no internet connection

1.2.58 (September 13, 2019)
macOS:
- Enabled hardened runtime, making our application more secure
- Implemented Apple's notarization

1.2.59 (September 23, 2019)
Overlay:
- [Windows] Fixed crash in Overlay affecting some games (including Fallout 3 (Radeon only) and Dragon Age: Origins)
Achievements:
- [Windows] Fixed issue with achievements sometimes not being saved while playing offline

1.2.60 Beta (07 October, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update

1.2.61 Beta (October 23, 2019)
Updater:
- Fixed an issue where non-admin users would not be able to update to newer versions of GOG Galaxy

1.2.62 Beta (October 30, 2019)
Overlay:
- Fixed crashes for various games

1.2.63 (December 02, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update
Overlay [Windows]:
- Now supports games which use Vulkan API (e.g. Jupiter Hell, X4: Foundations)
- Fixes crashes for various games

1.2.64 (December 04, 2019)
- Hotfix for launching games

1.2.66 (January 23, 2020)
- Added information about GOG Galaxy 2.0 Open Beta
- Optimization related to showing download progress
- Fixed an issue where Overlay did not launch for some games that use Vulkan
- [Windows] Updated code signing certificate
- [MacOS] Crash fixes

1.2.67 (February 24, 2020)
General:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will now show a warning when trying to run on non-NTFS file systems
- Improved security of the application
- Updated POCO library
GOG GALAXY Update:
- Fixes for bugs in the GOG Galaxy update process
Post edited February 24, 2020 by TheTomasz
yongra: GOG Galaxy on my PC just close after telling me connection to the GOG Service was lost. Still having server outage? It was doing that when I first updated to 1.2.6 but started to work about a day later and stayed up for few days and now the disconnect is happening again.
At least you're not getting constant freezes, I really liked using galaxy too, but now at this point it's unusable!
Did a lot of people started using Galaxy all of a sudden when the first non-beta version was released and they didn't properly account for the amount of load that would put on the servers?
Or perhaps the cloud saves are eating up too much bandwidth?
"GOG Galaxy - Fatal Error" - Failed to load game database.

Is anyone else getting this error after updating?
Quick question. How do you download a game you just bought? I received the email confirmation that I purchased it, but there seems to be nothing in there showing how to download it.
jleets: Quick question. How do you download a game you just bought? I received the email confirmation that I purchased it, but there seems to be nothing in there showing how to download it.
On the site, via direct download: Top Bar -> [Username] -> Games. Find the game, click it, click any downloads you want.

Via GOG Downloader: Find the game as above. Then click More -> GOG Downloader links (you may want to open it in a new tab if you're doing multiple games). Click the appropriate links.

On Galaxy: Click Library in the main screen, find the game and click on it. Click Install. For bonus features, click More -> Backup and Goodies, and then click whatever you want to download.
Post edited May 03, 2017 by Blackdrazon
FlamingFirewire: "GOG Galaxy - Fatal Error" - Failed to load game database.

Is anyone else getting this error after updating?
This support article may be of some help with this issue.
Can someone tell me why GOG removed the ability to use the Close buttons (both the titlebar icon menu item and the main window close button) to exit the program? Many users requested it, and the feature was included for a long time in the beta yet suddenly removed in the new release.

Having to open the hidden tray icons (since I keep Galaxy's icon in the tray icon overflow menu), right-click and select Exit every time I'd like to exit Galaxy is an annoyance.

Bring it back.
Post edited May 03, 2017 by Coreda
Coreda: Can someone tell me why GOG removed the ability to use the Close buttons to exit the program? Many users requested it, and the feature was included for a long time in the beta yet suddenly removed in the new release.

Having to open the hidden tray icons (since I keep Galaxy's icon in the tray icon overflow menu), right-click and select Exit every time I'd like to exit Galaxy is an annoyance.

Bring it back.
You can also exit from the Galaxy menu (top-left). But, yeah, it would be good to have that as an option.
TheUbik: You can also exit from the Galaxy menu (top-left). But, yeah, it would be good to have that as an option.
Thanks for the tip. They apparently added this item there since the new update. Still would prefer the option to close by simply clicking Close.
TheUbik: You can also exit from the Galaxy menu (top-left). But, yeah, it would be good to have that as an option.
Coreda: Thanks for the tip. They apparently added this item there since the new update. Still would prefer the option to close by simply clicking Close.
I reported this as a bug a week ago and yesterday received an email that the bug ticket had been closed but that was the only information provided.
Coreda: Thanks for the tip. They apparently added this item there since the new update. Still would prefer the option to close by simply clicking Close.
ChewyWeAreNotHome: I reported this as a bug a week ago and yesterday received an email that the bug ticket had been closed but that was the only information provided.
At least you GOT a reply. I opened two tickets days ago (normal import of "Dark Falls 1-3" not possible, Achievements in "Layers Of Fear" not working) and did not receive a single reply yet. Also reminded them about an issue I reported several months ago which according to the support should have been forwarded to the product team to fix them ("Unreal 2" not being able to get imported by Galaxy - new installer should have been made). No reply whatsoever. Yes, I guess the advice "contact support" is ... well ... not really the best advice. So maybe we do need better advice or better support.
takezodunmer2005: Galaxy vers 1.2.6 is always freezing, especially frustrating seeing as I have close to 500 games that are updating at this time, I constantly have to hard restart it! Otherwise, I love using it, but it looks like I'll have to revert back to my manual short-cuts from now on if this keeps up!

I'm just glad steam doesn't behave the same, otherwise I would be locked out of my games!

EDIT: Goddammit it Froze yet again after I exited a game, I'm reverting back to 1.1 beta as it was much more stable than 1.2!
Same here!!! got 900 games and same problem : GoG Galaxy 1.2.6 froze after a while... constantly need to restart it... after a few tests i think this is an issue with games auto-updating... have you tried to uninstall a game an just after to reinstall it? For me if i do that, Galaxy stuck on getting file list...for a long time before updating...(neither if I restart Galaxy, update start immediatly...) I think that the same problem when it freeze... Always before freezing i can read in the log something like: "[Information][ (0)]: The scheduling for the periodic product check was skipped as the installer is busy." And when this message appear, I can't access galaxy anymore...
By the way it's just a theory and after googling this problem the last few days, no-one exept me (and possibly you...) seems to have this problem... Possibly the large library of games cause the issue...
I f you find a solution, Please share... if the issues persists i'll go to reports the bugs on the official service support... but if effectively we are only a few with large library installed, seems we need to wait before the problem become a priority bug if you want my advice...
Is there a list of games with Galaxy matchmaking support?
takezodunmer2005: Galaxy vers 1.2.6 is always freezing, especially frustrating seeing as I have close to 500 games that are updating at this time, I constantly have to hard restart it! Otherwise, I love using it, but it looks like I'll have to revert back to my manual short-cuts from now on if this keeps up!

I'm just glad steam doesn't behave the same, otherwise I would be locked out of my games!

EDIT: Goddammit it Froze yet again after I exited a game, I'm reverting back to 1.1 beta as it was much more stable than 1.2!
Franck19520: Same here!!! got 900 games and same problem : GoG Galaxy 1.2.6 froze after a while... constantly need to restart it... after a few tests i think this is an issue with games auto-updating... have you tried to uninstall a game an just after to reinstall it? For me if i do that, Galaxy stuck on getting file list...for a long time before updating...(neither if I restart Galaxy, update start immediatly...) I think that the same problem when it freeze... Always before freezing i can read in the log something like: "[Information][ (0)]: The scheduling for the periodic product check was skipped as the installer is busy." And when this message appear, I can't access galaxy anymore...
By the way it's just a theory and after googling this problem the last few days, no-one exept me (and possibly you...) seems to have this problem... Possibly the large library of games cause the issue...
I f you find a solution, Please share... if the issues persists i'll go to reports the bugs on the official service support... but if effectively we are only a few with large library installed, seems we need to wait before the problem become a priority bug if you want my advice...
Definitely send your logs to mantis bug tracking system, instructions are here:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_galaxy_official_discussion_thread/post1

Large library is known to be slowing down especially opening the Galaxy Client, but it might be that or something different.
We have a room for improvements there, so it would be nice to look at your logs.
Johny.: Large library is known to be slowing down especially opening the Galaxy Client, but it might be that or something different.
Well to be completely honest it seems like a lot of things are slowed down in Galaxy depending on the amount of installed games. Stability seems to deteriorate as more games are added for sure.

I wanted to do something as simple as regenerate my webcache folder (now that the servers seems to be working right) and Galaxy was either taking a very long time or couldn't handle it. I ended up just putting the old folder back in as
I got tired of waiting and only deleting the common folder in webcache.
Post edited May 04, 2017 by BKGaming