It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Hi,

welcome to the official GOG Galaxy forum thread. Please read the below info first:

== GOG GALAXY FEATURES IN GAMES ==

List of games supporting various GOG Galaxy features:
Achievements: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=achievements&sort=bestselling&page=1
Cloud Saves: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=cloud_saves&sort=bestselling&page=1
Overlay: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=overlay&sort=bestselling&page=1

== BUG REPORTING ==

Please use: http://mantis.gog.com and include
1. steps to reproduce the bug (if possible)
2. screenshot or movie showing the bug (if possible)
3. Galaxy Client logs (location described on mantis report page)

== FEATURE SUGGESTIONS ==

Please use: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy. For feature suggestions and votes on them please try do explain how Galaxy and its users will really benefit from it.

== IMPORT ALREADY INSTALLED GAMES TO GALAXY ==

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the Galaxy logo button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library (click on the image of the game), then click the More button and select "Manage Installation" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.

== KNOWN ISSUES ==
- Galaxy cannot be launched by other users on the same computer

== CHANGELOG ==

1.2.49 (November 29, 2018)
- [Windows] Updater now requires administrator privileges to perform update of GOG Galaxy
- [Windows] Security of directories containing GOG Galaxy files has been improved
- [Windows] Updated Code Signing Certificate
- [Windows] Crash reporter has been added to Galaxy Communication Service
Bugfixes:
- Prevented several potential causes of "broken" games, where only way out was reinstalling
- [MacOS] Fixed a crash on shutdown when fatal error was shown

1.2.50 (December 13, 2018)
Changes & Improvements:
- Speed up startup time
- [MacOS] Strengthen up connection security with ClientService
Bugfixes:
- Fixed "disk access problem" when installing games, occuring mostly on fresh installation of GOG Galaxy
- Fixed a rare occurrence of a game update resulting in displaying "unknown game version"

1.2.51 (December 20, 2018)
- Improved Korean translations
- Fixed connection to notifications pusher in GOG Galaxy SDK

1.2.54 (March 14, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Updated Chromium version to 71:
- Better performance
- Fixes playing Twitch videos on profiles
- Fixes playing Wistia videos
- Security fixes in the game installation process
- Security fixes in GOG Galaxy update process
- GOG Galaxy Updater should perform better under poor network conditions
Bugfixes:
- [macOS] Fixed passing multiple commandline arguments to games
- [macOS] Multiple "friend online" notifications will no longer appear when system wakes up
- Dates are now properly displayed in cloud saves conflict window

1.2.55 (April 17, 2019)
- Hotfix for unintentional opening of Facebook link after entering Forum

1.2.56 (May 06, 2019)
Bugfixes:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will fix the path to its internal services, if it finds it is wrong
- Updating of games' local dependencies (e.g. Dosbox) will be handled correctly
- Unexpected files in games' directories will no longer cause failure of games’ update

1.2.57 (June 12, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Minor download speed optimizations
- Changes in PayPal payment flow
Bugfixes:
- Fixed rare crash occurence when reordering games' updates and installations
- GOG Galaxy will correctly reconnect to GOG services after long time of no internet connection

1.2.58 (September 13, 2019)
macOS:
- Enabled hardened runtime, making our application more secure
- Implemented Apple's notarization

1.2.59 (September 23, 2019)
Overlay:
- [Windows] Fixed crash in Overlay affecting some games (including Fallout 3 (Radeon only) and Dragon Age: Origins)
Achievements:
- [Windows] Fixed issue with achievements sometimes not being saved while playing offline

1.2.60 Beta (07 October, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update

1.2.61 Beta (October 23, 2019)
Updater:
- Fixed an issue where non-admin users would not be able to update to newer versions of GOG Galaxy

1.2.62 Beta (October 30, 2019)
Overlay:
- Fixed crashes for various games

1.2.63 (December 02, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update
Overlay [Windows]:
- Now supports games which use Vulkan API (e.g. Jupiter Hell, X4: Foundations)
- Fixes crashes for various games

1.2.64 (December 04, 2019)
- Hotfix for launching games

1.2.66 (January 23, 2020)
- Added information about GOG Galaxy 2.0 Open Beta
- Optimization related to showing download progress
- Fixed an issue where Overlay did not launch for some games that use Vulkan
- [Windows] Updated code signing certificate
- [MacOS] Crash fixes

1.2.67 (February 24, 2020)
General:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will now show a warning when trying to run on non-NTFS file systems
- Improved security of the application
- Updated POCO library
GOG GALAXY Update:
- Fixes for bugs in the GOG Galaxy update process
Post edited February 24, 2020 by TheTomasz
Hey,

we have released a new version of GOG Galaxy.

This should help for the problem with Galaxy start you have reported on the forums :)

It also brings couple bugfixes and improvement in our update process, that should help with choosing server with most performance.

Enjoy, play games and Merry Christmas!
On W10 Pro. For the last couple of weeks I have been unable to open GOG Galaxy. Today I discovered it is running but invisible. It will not uninstall, can't delete the GalaxyClient, did delete the other two main Application files. Tried to update but get program is running pop-up and update fails. Can't delete the main GOG Galaxy folder because it is running. Can't find anything in regedit that works to uninstall.
All I get out of the MS trouble shooter is incompatible program.
Finally got it to uninstall after restarting three times. On to installing again.
Post edited December 20, 2017 by Majic8
Got it running. It shows all my games in my library but doesn't show them as installed. Nevermind, I found the setting to add them.
How I completely disable the notifications?
I have already deactivated all the options in the menu.
It's emptying the wishlist the only way to get rid of them?
Post edited December 21, 2017 by Ninlil
When is Galaxy going to add what the keyboard shortcut for Overlay is in the client? Short of that people have to google it. :-|
Post edited December 21, 2017 by Charles.Surge
Charles.Surge: When is Galaxy going to add what the keyboard shortcut for Overlay is in the client? Short of that people have to google it. :-|
Short of people not reading about what they are installing, I suppose Google'n how to do something might be in their best interest. (pic related) Though adding ( Shift + Tab ) in the Settings menu where you enable it wouldn't hurt.

@GOGGalaxy crew:

Is anything special planned for version 1.2.34? Are you going to just skip it in an attempt to avoid the hoopla surrounding it?
Attachments:
poop.png (23 Kb)
I've noticed that some of the game installers I've been using lately install GOG Galaxy automatically along with the game. I thought GOG Galaxy was optional. I have no interest in using it right now and have already uninstalled it once, only to have it automatically installed AGAIN when I installed another new game.

Care to explain why you're pushing this "optional" client on me in such a persistent and obnoxious manner, GOG? If I wanted to use it, it's not hard to find on the site.
Ninlil: How I completely disable the notifications?
Yes, emptying your wishlist is the only way to get rid of wishlist reminders.

Seems ill-advised to me (forcing you to empty your wishlist to get rid of the alerts is a bit like saying: "The only way to stop Galaxy from annoying you is for you to stop being interested in buying things from GOG"), but after the installers, Galaxy being invasive and inescapable doesn't surprise.
Post edited December 21, 2017 by Blackdrazon
Hanglyman: I've noticed that some of the game installers I've been using lately install GOG Galaxy automatically along with the game. I thought GOG Galaxy was optional. I have no interest in using it right now and have already uninstalled it once, only to have it automatically installed AGAIN when I installed another new game.

Care to explain why you're pushing this "optional" client on me in such a persistent and obnoxious manner, GOG? If I wanted to use it, it's not hard to find on the site.
You can go on "More" "Classic Installers" on your download page to get the classic installer, or you can click on the options in the installer and disable it, will be recognised for every installer. Its not the best solution, but it was said they are working on a toggle to switch automatically between installer versions.
Hanglyman: I've noticed that some of the game installers I've been using lately install GOG Galaxy automatically along with the game. I thought GOG Galaxy was optional. I have no interest in using it right now and have already uninstalled it once, only to have it automatically installed AGAIN when I installed another new game.

Hopefully GOG still replies to everything and to what I'm not addressing. https://www.gog.com/forum/general/offline_installers_with_an_option_to_install_gog_galaxy is the story. First post was pinned later, thread title changed. Everything was moving to including Galaxy and the checkbox to install it was ticked by default "Starting on Friday" and some time after. You can find the "Classic" (without Galaxy) installers in some menus or some shit.
Post edited December 21, 2017 by Charles.Surge

hohiro: You can go on "More" "Classic Installers" on your download page to get the classic installer, or you can click on the options in the installer and disable it, will be recognised for every installer. Its not the best solution, but it was said they are working on a toggle to switch automatically between installer versions.
Thanks, that's very helpful and I'll do that in the future. The options you gave were pretty well hidden, but at least they exist. I'd still love to hear GOG's justification for this behavior, though. It reminds me of Microsoft trying to shove Windows 10 down everyone's throats in a similarly hamfisted manner.
Hanglyman: I'd still love to hear GOG's justification for this behavior, though.
Having a "one-click" install solution again, instead of "install this, then install that, and maybe this thing as well". Lessening of support load was also a side effect of Galaxy installers.
Hanglyman: I'd still love to hear GOG's justification for this behavior, though.
JMich: Having a "one-click" install solution again, instead of "install this, then install that, and maybe this thing as well". Lessening of support load was also a side effect of Galaxy installers.
I understand having the OPTION of a convenient solution for people who want to use Galaxy with their games. That's fine, commendable even. What I don't get is why the only notification that the installer includes Galaxy is in tiny, easy-to-miss text below the install links (without any indication whatsoever that a non-Galaxy installer even still exists, let alone that it's under the vague "classic installers" heading in the "more" button menu), and then the only way to turn it off inside the installer itself is tucked away in options (again with no indication it exists, thus leaving no reason to access the options menu, which I almost never have cause to use) rather than having a clickable box right up front, much like the EULA box we already have to click.

Those aren't design choices you make by accident- it was clearly intended to be easy to miss and the solution hard to find. I'll give GOG credit that the solution is easy enough once you know specifically where to look, but I shouldn't have to be going on forums to get advice on how NOT to install their optional service in the first place.

I don't have anything against Galaxy. To be honest, I haven't even tried it yet. It just seemed like an unnecessary extra layer I don't need. I was considering giving it a shot eventually, out of curiosity. GOG's forcing it on me has changed my mind.
Hanglyman: I don't have anything against Galaxy. To be honest, I haven't even tried it yet. It just seemed like an unnecessary extra layer I don't need. I was considering giving it a shot eventually, out of curiosity. GOG's forcing it on me has changed my mind.
It's not forced on you though as you can choose to download Classic Installers instead of the Galaxy Installers. But I agree that there should be a setting to remember your preference and make it clearer.
Post edited December 21, 2017 by korell
Ninlil: How I completely disable the notifications?
You can disable both e-mail and desktop notifications about wishlist discounts here:
https://www.gog.com/account/settings/subscriptions

And you can disable it also in the GOG Galaxy Settings (top-left logo -> settings) under promos & wishlist discounts notifications.

If those settings doesn't work for you, please report it. :)