It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Hi,

welcome to the official GOG Galaxy forum thread. Please read the below info first:

== GOG GALAXY FEATURES IN GAMES ==

List of games supporting various GOG Galaxy features:
Achievements: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=achievements&sort=bestselling&page=1
Cloud Saves: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=cloud_saves&sort=bestselling&page=1
Overlay: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=overlay&sort=bestselling&page=1

== BUG REPORTING ==

Please use: http://mantis.gog.com and include
1. steps to reproduce the bug (if possible)
2. screenshot or movie showing the bug (if possible)
3. Galaxy Client logs (location described on mantis report page)

== FEATURE SUGGESTIONS ==

Please use: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy. For feature suggestions and votes on them please try do explain how Galaxy and its users will really benefit from it.

== IMPORT ALREADY INSTALLED GAMES TO GALAXY ==

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the Galaxy logo button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library (click on the image of the game), then click the More button and select "Manage Installation" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.

== KNOWN ISSUES ==
- Galaxy cannot be launched by other users on the same computer

== CHANGELOG ==

1.2.49 (November 29, 2018)
- [Windows] Updater now requires administrator privileges to perform update of GOG Galaxy
- [Windows] Security of directories containing GOG Galaxy files has been improved
- [Windows] Updated Code Signing Certificate
- [Windows] Crash reporter has been added to Galaxy Communication Service
Bugfixes:
- Prevented several potential causes of "broken" games, where only way out was reinstalling
- [MacOS] Fixed a crash on shutdown when fatal error was shown

1.2.50 (December 13, 2018)
Changes & Improvements:
- Speed up startup time
- [MacOS] Strengthen up connection security with ClientService
Bugfixes:
- Fixed "disk access problem" when installing games, occuring mostly on fresh installation of GOG Galaxy
- Fixed a rare occurrence of a game update resulting in displaying "unknown game version"

1.2.51 (December 20, 2018)
- Improved Korean translations
- Fixed connection to notifications pusher in GOG Galaxy SDK

1.2.54 (March 14, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Updated Chromium version to 71:
- Better performance
- Fixes playing Twitch videos on profiles
- Fixes playing Wistia videos
- Security fixes in the game installation process
- Security fixes in GOG Galaxy update process
- GOG Galaxy Updater should perform better under poor network conditions
Bugfixes:
- [macOS] Fixed passing multiple commandline arguments to games
- [macOS] Multiple "friend online" notifications will no longer appear when system wakes up
- Dates are now properly displayed in cloud saves conflict window

1.2.55 (April 17, 2019)
- Hotfix for unintentional opening of Facebook link after entering Forum

1.2.56 (May 06, 2019)
Bugfixes:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will fix the path to its internal services, if it finds it is wrong
- Updating of games' local dependencies (e.g. Dosbox) will be handled correctly
- Unexpected files in games' directories will no longer cause failure of games’ update

1.2.57 (June 12, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Minor download speed optimizations
- Changes in PayPal payment flow
Bugfixes:
- Fixed rare crash occurence when reordering games' updates and installations
- GOG Galaxy will correctly reconnect to GOG services after long time of no internet connection

1.2.58 (September 13, 2019)
macOS:
- Enabled hardened runtime, making our application more secure
- Implemented Apple's notarization

1.2.59 (September 23, 2019)
Overlay:
- [Windows] Fixed crash in Overlay affecting some games (including Fallout 3 (Radeon only) and Dragon Age: Origins)
Achievements:
- [Windows] Fixed issue with achievements sometimes not being saved while playing offline

1.2.60 Beta (07 October, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update

1.2.61 Beta (October 23, 2019)
Updater:
- Fixed an issue where non-admin users would not be able to update to newer versions of GOG Galaxy

1.2.62 Beta (October 30, 2019)
Overlay:
- Fixed crashes for various games

1.2.63 (December 02, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update
Overlay [Windows]:
- Now supports games which use Vulkan API (e.g. Jupiter Hell, X4: Foundations)
- Fixes crashes for various games

1.2.64 (December 04, 2019)
- Hotfix for launching games

1.2.66 (January 23, 2020)
- Added information about GOG Galaxy 2.0 Open Beta
- Optimization related to showing download progress
- Fixed an issue where Overlay did not launch for some games that use Vulkan
- [Windows] Updated code signing certificate
- [MacOS] Crash fixes

1.2.67 (February 24, 2020)
General:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will now show a warning when trying to run on non-NTFS file systems
- Improved security of the application
- Updated POCO library
GOG GALAXY Update:
- Fixes for bugs in the GOG Galaxy update process
Post edited February 24, 2020 by TheTomasz
After updating to the latest version the window will jump round if you click on a game:

Reproduce:

Windows 10
Snap the client to the side of the screen
Click on one of the installed games in the sidebar
Client will un-snap from the side of the screen and get small

ANyone else having this issue?
Is it me or is GOG Galaxy slowing down? It seems to load slower since the last update.
Liosan: We are aware of the issue, the version we just released has a slight improvement for this problem, we are planning some more.

And thanks for the appreciation! :)

Liosan
I can see an improvment for sure... good job. I can actually install a game now without having to restart Galaxy. Even importing over 30 games seemed more smooth, seems like Galaxy was able to load the pictures, etc. whout being choked to death (though a few games failed to auto update even though the version was unknown). :)
Recently I just have the problem of not being able to use my GOG Galaxy . I will execute it to run and it won't launch but the system (Windows 10) will show it running in the background but I can't use it nor see it anywhere...

This is something very recent and I don't know what I can do to fix it. Anyone else having this problem? Appears that it is happening since the last update because before that everytime I turned on my computer Galaxy opened just fine at the start.
Post edited December 11, 2017 by willyto
I just noticed something: the previous GOG Galaxy setups said the verified publisher is "GOG Limited," but the setup for the latest version says the publisher is "GOG Sp. z o.o" And this is from the official GOG Galaxy download page.

Is this some weird mistake?
MadDemon64: I just noticed something: the previous GOG Galaxy setups said the verified publisher is "GOG Limited," but the setup for the latest version says the publisher is "GOG Sp. z o.o" And this is from the official GOG Galaxy download page.

Same here when you execute Gog Galaxy as administrator it says "GOG Sp. z o.o"

I tried to reinstall Galaxy and it didn't let me because my version was the same, then it gave my an error when trying to launch it for the 5 time and the next try I was able to open and install Spellforce 3, computer crashed later and now I can't open again Gog Galaxy.
Post edited December 11, 2017 by willyto
Similiar problem here, I updated the client yesterday or so, and now the thing wont launch. At first it ran in the background but did nothing, no window opened. Now when I try to launch it, it immediately crashes.
MadDemon64: I just noticed something: the previous GOG Galaxy setups said the verified publisher is "GOG Limited," but the setup for the latest version says the publisher is "GOG Sp. z o.o" And this is from the official GOG Galaxy download page.

No, this is correct.

GOG was officially incorporated in Cyprus for tax reasons but always operated from a daughter company in Poland. My guess is that the tax savings aren't as big as they used to be and on top of that quite a few people (especially in the US) had trouble when transfering money to Cyprus (since Cyprus was a tax haven it was also misused by many fraudsters).

So GOG simply closed down the parent company while transfering all of its assets to the daughter company which became the new 'official' GOG. Hence the new name on the digital signatures.
Post edited December 11, 2017 by Geralt_of_Rivia
Hello there! I treid to start a new thread but it is processing endlessly ^^

Might be the wrong forum, but I didn't find a technical support forum, so here it goes:

I already contacted the support staff concerning this, but it helped with no prevail.
Whenever I start GOG Galaxy, it just will not start, that is it will, but in like 15 minutes or so.
The Task Manager registers short the "Galaxy Client Service", and presistently the "Galaxy Updater Application".

Here is the following text I received, and followed step by step (except the one with logfiles):

"First, uninstall GOG Galaxy by running the unins000.exe file located in the GOG Galaxy installation folder (by default C:\Program Files (x86)\GalaxyClient).

Then please make sure that the following folders are also removed:

C:\ProgramData\GOG.com
C:\Users\All Users\GOG.com
C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Local\GOG.com\Galaxy\Configuration

You may need to show hidden files and folders in the "Folder and search options", if you haven't done so already.

Next, please restart your computer and open the CMD window by pressing the Windows key+R and type cmd. Then use this command: sc delete GalaxyClientService

To make sure that the registry is free of any entries from the client, please press the Windows key+R again, type regedit and press Enter to open the registry editor. From there, go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> GOG.com. If Galaxy has been uninstalled correctly, the folder should either be empty or completely non-existent. If there are still entries from Galaxy remaining, even though the client has been uninstalled, please right-click on them and delete them (preferably one by one).

Restart your computer again, then download the latest version of GOG Galaxy from our website: [LINK] and run the installation with administrative privileges.

Also, please make sure that you have both x64 and x86 versions of the 2015 Visual C++ Redistributable Libraries installed: [LINK]

Launch GOG Galaxy as administrator, and log in using your GOG.com account. None of the installed games will be automatically recognized by Galaxy, but you can easily add them by using the Scan and Import Folders option, under the GOG icon in the top left corner.

If that still doesn't help, please let me know what kind of security software are you using and send me Galaxy's log files, which can be found here: C:\ProgramData\GOG.com\Galaxy\logs"

So, the problem remains, I didn't make any changes of my security software, it worked well before with just fine.
But here's the thing: I can start the games themselves with no problems. I start Divinity 2 in the Games Folder, no problem. I start Gwent, no problem at all, have also still my friendlist and can contact them. But when I start then like my 3rd game, the GOG Galaxy Window finally shows up.

Also, what I noticed: The GOG Galaxy depends on the Microsoft Visual Redistributable, alright. And it runs it with the x86 version. However, the official Microsoft version I downloaded on their website, is the 14.0.23026 version. When downloading and installing GOG Galaxy, it installs another version, the 14.0.24212 (which also is shown in the Galaxy Dependencies folder). I wonder why's that.

Can anyone could explain, what's causing this issue? Which logfiles are the ones of interest?

Geralt_of_Rivia: No, this is correct.

GOG was officially incorporated in Cyprus for tax reasons but always operated from a daughter company in Poland. My guess is that the tax savings aren't as big as they used to be and on top of that quite a few people (especially in the US) had trouble when transfering money to Cyprus (since Cyprus was a tax haven it was also misused by many fraudsters).

So GOG simply closed down the parent company while transfering all of its assets to the daughter company which became the new 'official' GOG. Hence the new name on the digital signatures.
Makes sense to me. Thanks.
So, a reply would be nice dear GOG team. The client is starting after like 15 to 30 minutes after launching it. I have this problem since the client updated the last time.

This doesn't seem like a minor problem, does it?
IIHectorII: So, a reply would be nice dear GOG team. The client is starting after like 15 to 30 minutes after launching it. I have this problem since the client updated the last time.

We can only help you if you send us your logs on http://mantis.gog.com/bug_report_page.php

Out of curiosity: How many games do you have installed?
IIHectorII: So, a reply would be nice dear GOG team. The client is starting after like 15 to 30 minutes after launching it. I have this problem since the client updated the last time.

I've noticed a similar problem with my client too. Not to a degree as severe as yours, but I've noticed that GOG launches a lot slower now.

Johny.: We can only help you if you send us your logs on http://mantis.gog.com/bug_report_page.php

I will post the log files later, when I have some time to test this, thx for the link. Currently I have 9 games installed.
Johny.: We can only help you if you send us your logs on http://mantis.gog.com/bug_report_page.php

IIHectorII: I will post the log files later, when I have some time to test this, thx for the link. Currently I have 9 games installed.
OK, from what I can see we had this reported through support, and will work on a fix for that. Sorry for the issue. :(