It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Hi,

welcome to the official GOG Galaxy forum thread. Please read the below info first:

== GOG GALAXY FEATURES IN GAMES ==

List of games supporting various GOG Galaxy features:
Achievements: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=achievements&sort=bestselling&page=1
Cloud Saves: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=cloud_saves&sort=bestselling&page=1
Overlay: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=overlay&sort=bestselling&page=1

== BUG REPORTING ==

Please use: http://mantis.gog.com and include
1. steps to reproduce the bug (if possible)
2. screenshot or movie showing the bug (if possible)
3. Galaxy Client logs (location described on mantis report page)

== FEATURE SUGGESTIONS ==

Please use: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy. For feature suggestions and votes on them please try do explain how Galaxy and its users will really benefit from it.

== IMPORT ALREADY INSTALLED GAMES TO GALAXY ==

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the Galaxy logo button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library (click on the image of the game), then click the More button and select "Manage Installation" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.

== KNOWN ISSUES ==
- Galaxy cannot be launched by other users on the same computer

== CHANGELOG ==

1.2.49 (November 29, 2018)
- [Windows] Updater now requires administrator privileges to perform update of GOG Galaxy
- [Windows] Security of directories containing GOG Galaxy files has been improved
- [Windows] Updated Code Signing Certificate
- [Windows] Crash reporter has been added to Galaxy Communication Service
Bugfixes:
- Prevented several potential causes of "broken" games, where only way out was reinstalling
- [MacOS] Fixed a crash on shutdown when fatal error was shown

1.2.50 (December 13, 2018)
Changes & Improvements:
- Speed up startup time
- [MacOS] Strengthen up connection security with ClientService
Bugfixes:
- Fixed "disk access problem" when installing games, occuring mostly on fresh installation of GOG Galaxy
- Fixed a rare occurrence of a game update resulting in displaying "unknown game version"

1.2.51 (December 20, 2018)
- Improved Korean translations
- Fixed connection to notifications pusher in GOG Galaxy SDK

1.2.54 (March 14, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Updated Chromium version to 71:
- Better performance
- Fixes playing Twitch videos on profiles
- Fixes playing Wistia videos
- Security fixes in the game installation process
- Security fixes in GOG Galaxy update process
- GOG Galaxy Updater should perform better under poor network conditions
Bugfixes:
- [macOS] Fixed passing multiple commandline arguments to games
- [macOS] Multiple "friend online" notifications will no longer appear when system wakes up
- Dates are now properly displayed in cloud saves conflict window

1.2.55 (April 17, 2019)
- Hotfix for unintentional opening of Facebook link after entering Forum

1.2.56 (May 06, 2019)
Bugfixes:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will fix the path to its internal services, if it finds it is wrong
- Updating of games' local dependencies (e.g. Dosbox) will be handled correctly
- Unexpected files in games' directories will no longer cause failure of games’ update

1.2.57 (June 12, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Minor download speed optimizations
- Changes in PayPal payment flow
Bugfixes:
- Fixed rare crash occurence when reordering games' updates and installations
- GOG Galaxy will correctly reconnect to GOG services after long time of no internet connection

1.2.58 (September 13, 2019)
macOS:
- Enabled hardened runtime, making our application more secure
- Implemented Apple's notarization

1.2.59 (September 23, 2019)
Overlay:
- [Windows] Fixed crash in Overlay affecting some games (including Fallout 3 (Radeon only) and Dragon Age: Origins)
Achievements:
- [Windows] Fixed issue with achievements sometimes not being saved while playing offline

1.2.60 Beta (07 October, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update

1.2.61 Beta (October 23, 2019)
Updater:
- Fixed an issue where non-admin users would not be able to update to newer versions of GOG Galaxy

1.2.62 Beta (October 30, 2019)
Overlay:
- Fixed crashes for various games

1.2.63 (December 02, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update
Overlay [Windows]:
- Now supports games which use Vulkan API (e.g. Jupiter Hell, X4: Foundations)
- Fixes crashes for various games

1.2.64 (December 04, 2019)
- Hotfix for launching games

1.2.66 (January 23, 2020)
- Added information about GOG Galaxy 2.0 Open Beta
- Optimization related to showing download progress
- Fixed an issue where Overlay did not launch for some games that use Vulkan
- [Windows] Updated code signing certificate
- [MacOS] Crash fixes

1.2.67 (February 24, 2020)
General:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will now show a warning when trying to run on non-NTFS file systems
- Improved security of the application
- Updated POCO library
GOG GALAXY Update:
- Fixes for bugs in the GOG Galaxy update process
Post edited February 24, 2020 by TheTomasz
alemaraver13: This is the shittiest game store / system. I can't download galaxy or any of my games. I will take to social media because this is a total scam.
Yep one of the biggest game companies in the word (ie CD Projekt) is trying to scam you. Hundreds of Thousands of people buy from GOG all of the time without issue.

Sorry you are havening issues, but maybe if you like told us what the problem is we could help you rather than just complaining. You do not have to use Galaxy, you can download your games from your web browser as a standard exe file.

GOG / CD Projekt is generally regarded as one of the best companies in the industry so good luck with your social media crusade.
Azhrarn: Starting with the latest update, GOG is launching on start-up in Windows 10 64-bit, even though in the options the launch at start-up is unchecked.
Do you have the latest Windows 10 update installed, the Fall Creators update? Only if you do then it is like this that is causing the program to start up automatically. This Win 10 update restores all programs that were open at the time the computer was shut down. It is annoying, but others have experienced this too and GOG confirmed that it was the latest Win 10 update doing it. The resolution is to close down all applications before you shutdown Windows.
Post edited December 03, 2017 by korell
Azhrarn: Starting with the latest update, GOG is launching on start-up in Windows 10 64-bit, even though in the options the launch at start-up is unchecked.
korell: Do you have the latest Windows 10 update installed, the Fall Creators update? Only if you do then it is like this that is causing the program to start up automatically. This Win 10 update restores all programs that were open at the time the computer was shut down. It is annoying, but others have experienced this too and GOG confirmed that it was the latest Win 10 update doing it. The resolution is to close down all applications before you shutdown Windows.
I am indeed on the Fall Creators Update, but it's only auto-launching GOG, not Steam, which is usually also open when I'm quiting Windows for the day. either way, I'll try quitting everything before turning my PC off for the day.

Thank you.
korell: Do you have the latest Windows 10 update installed, the Fall Creators update? Only if you do then it is like this that is causing the program to start up automatically. This Win 10 update restores all programs that were open at the time the computer was shut down. It is annoying, but others have experienced this too and GOG confirmed that it was the latest Win 10 update doing it. The resolution is to close down all applications before you shutdown Windows.
Azhrarn: I am indeed on the Fall Creators Update, but it's only auto-launching GOG, not Steam, which is usually also open when I'm quiting Windows for the day. either way, I'll try quitting everything before turning my PC off for the day.

Thank you.
Here's some more info about this change in Windows behaviour:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_perf-insiderplat_pc/programs-autostart-after-boot-in-windows-10-fall/09dd8d3e-7b36-45d1-9181-6587dd5d53ab?auth=1
Small issue that I think is on the GOG Galaxy side.

Cuphead has been updated to include GOG Galaxy Achievements, but they don't appear on Galaxy. I assume that's because I already have it installed with a game going on? but I was wondering if they actually worked? Or if I absolutely have to uninstall and re-install Cuphead? Or if it's a Galaxy issue that needs to be fixed?
Azhrarn: I am indeed on the Fall Creators Update, but it's only auto-launching GOG, not Steam, which is usually also open when I'm quiting Windows for the day. either way, I'll try quitting everything before turning my PC off for the day.

Thank you.
It should be fixed in the next release :)
POLE7645: Small issue that I think is on the GOG Galaxy side.

Cuphead has been updated to include GOG Galaxy Achievements, but they don't appear on Galaxy. I assume that's because I already have it installed with a game going on? but I was wondering if they actually worked? Or if I absolutely have to uninstall and re-install Cuphead? Or if it's a Galaxy issue that needs to be fixed?
Thanks for reporting this issue! It should be fixed now, no reinstall required :)
Hey,

we have released 1.2.30 to Beta channel.

We will be testing a new configuration for cloudstorage, so if you encounter any unusual behavior while syncing Cloud Saves, any information will be appreciated.
alemaraver13: This is the shittiest game store / system. I can't download galaxy or any of my games. I will take to social media because this is a total scam.
Oh please do. People love things they could laugh about - like your complaint which is nothing more than a joke ... might as well be a troll attempt. If this actually was meant for real I urge you to google things like "contract" or "contacting support" well - you might also just try to find out how to COMMUNICATE without just ranting in a forum. Sorry - but your post and the way it was written is just ridiculous and I doubt anybody could take it seriously. Normally I try to point people where to find help if they experience problems but in your case ... I just don't wanna.
Post edited December 04, 2017 by MarkoH01
Does anyone have a tested, permanent work-around to prevent Galaxy from attempting to download or install redists? I already have two redist-related bugs open, and there's been no work on them since I opened them months ago.

Galaxy constantly tries to install MSVC redists that already exist—usually in the form of a later version—and the resulting MSVC redist installers steal keyboard, mouse, and video focus on every attempted execution. So if I'm playing a game, I get what is effectively a crash to desktop without the crash. (Or, if the game is flaky, also a crash.) If I'm typing in a document or a terminal window, some of my input is lost. If I'm clicking on a link in a browser, the click is lost. And so on.

I've been asking GOG support for months for an option to switch off automatic redist installation, and it hasn't happened. Galaxy also doesn't check to see if the redist is already installed, or if a more recent redist is already installed—it just blindly runs the installers. In a few cases, like the OpenAL redist installer, this actually overwrites files that don't and never did belong to the installer, and corrupts a different redist.

Now that GOG have started bundling redist installers with their "classic" game installers, I'm getting similar problems—although I can at least go uninstall the outdated redists the one time, and I can control when the installation happens.

As things stand, I can't run Galaxy on my games machine. Not if I want to do anything else on the same machine.
Galaxy needs to better handle when the internet connection drops during scan and import. I ended up with a butch of failed games with no icons until a compelete restart. The proccess also needs to be quicker.
Post edited December 05, 2017 by BKGaming
aloishammer: Does anyone have a tested, permanent work-around to prevent Galaxy from attempting to download or install redists? I already have two redist-related bugs open, and there's been no work on them since I opened them months ago.

Galaxy constantly tries to install MSVC redists that already exist—usually in the form of a later version—and the resulting MSVC redist installers steal keyboard, mouse, and video focus on every attempted execution. So if I'm playing a game, I get what is effectively a crash to desktop without the crash. (Or, if the game is flaky, also a crash.) If I'm typing in a document or a terminal window, some of my input is lost. If I'm clicking on a link in a browser, the click is lost. And so on.

I've been asking GOG support for months for an option to switch off automatic redist installation, and it hasn't happened. Galaxy also doesn't check to see if the redist is already installed, or if a more recent redist is already installed—it just blindly runs the installers. In a few cases, like the OpenAL redist installer, this actually overwrites files that don't and never did belong to the installer, and corrupts a different redist.

Now that GOG have started bundling redist installers with their "classic" game installers, I'm getting similar problems—although I can at least go uninstall the outdated redists the one time, and I can control when the installation happens.

As things stand, I can't run Galaxy on my games machine. Not if I want to do anything else on the same machine.
What you are suggesting sounds nice in theory but probably won't work. Galaxy as well as every GOG offline installer that comes bundled with redistributables will always try to install THOSE redists that are required to run the game you are installing at the moment. Unfortunately it is not possinle to just have the newest MSVC redistributables on your system. It does not work this way. So you will end up with several versions of those redistributables. So not installing a redistributable if a newer one is found is a bad idea. However not installing it if THE SAME version already has been found would be a nice thing to have.

I am a bit confused about the mentioning of redistributables having been included in the offline installers recently. Afaik that was always the case if a game would require those. Otherwise the game prpbably would not run. Of course not every game does need redistributables to run at all.
Post edited December 05, 2017 by MarkoH01
After the last client update (1.2.30 BETA) Avast Antivirus started to think that there is a threat (IDP.Generic) inside your Notifications Renderer.

But I guess that it's not a big deal because Avast is pretty paranoid for last few months and often marks new or freshly updated executables as IDP.Generic (especially different indie stuff from Steam).

Just letting you know.
Hello,

Sorry if this has been asked and answered (nothing came up on google), but is there a way to disable the client window from popping up when I receive a notification? I have all the notification settings disabled and this still happens. I.E., receive a notification, don't get a notification message about it, but the client itself will display the window on my screen.
Sorry if this has been addressed somewhere, but does anyone else have trouble with Galaxy just... not downloading things? Or at least being incredibly slow to initialize? It happens every time.

I selected Blood from my library, and it took an honest 15 minutes for the "install" button to light up. I timed it. Then when I clicked install, it took easily another 10 before it would even let me authorize the install. It's now working just fine, but the time it takes to initialize a download is ridiculous.

Although it's a great piece of software otherwise, so I feel kinda bad having to complain like this!