It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Hi,

welcome to the official GOG Galaxy forum thread. Please read the below info first:

== GOG GALAXY FEATURES IN GAMES ==

List of games supporting various GOG Galaxy features:
Achievements: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=achievements&sort=bestselling&page=1
Cloud Saves: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=cloud_saves&sort=bestselling&page=1
Overlay: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=overlay&sort=bestselling&page=1

== BUG REPORTING ==

Please use: http://mantis.gog.com and include
1. steps to reproduce the bug (if possible)
2. screenshot or movie showing the bug (if possible)
3. Galaxy Client logs (location described on mantis report page)

== FEATURE SUGGESTIONS ==

Please use: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy. For feature suggestions and votes on them please try do explain how Galaxy and its users will really benefit from it.

== IMPORT ALREADY INSTALLED GAMES TO GALAXY ==

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the Galaxy logo button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library (click on the image of the game), then click the More button and select "Manage Installation" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.

== KNOWN ISSUES ==
- Galaxy cannot be launched by other users on the same computer

== CHANGELOG ==

1.2.49 (November 29, 2018)
- [Windows] Updater now requires administrator privileges to perform update of GOG Galaxy
- [Windows] Security of directories containing GOG Galaxy files has been improved
- [Windows] Updated Code Signing Certificate
- [Windows] Crash reporter has been added to Galaxy Communication Service
Bugfixes:
- Prevented several potential causes of "broken" games, where only way out was reinstalling
- [MacOS] Fixed a crash on shutdown when fatal error was shown

1.2.50 (December 13, 2018)
Changes & Improvements:
- Speed up startup time
- [MacOS] Strengthen up connection security with ClientService
Bugfixes:
- Fixed "disk access problem" when installing games, occuring mostly on fresh installation of GOG Galaxy
- Fixed a rare occurrence of a game update resulting in displaying "unknown game version"

1.2.51 (December 20, 2018)
- Improved Korean translations
- Fixed connection to notifications pusher in GOG Galaxy SDK

1.2.54 (March 14, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Updated Chromium version to 71:
- Better performance
- Fixes playing Twitch videos on profiles
- Fixes playing Wistia videos
- Security fixes in the game installation process
- Security fixes in GOG Galaxy update process
- GOG Galaxy Updater should perform better under poor network conditions
Bugfixes:
- [macOS] Fixed passing multiple commandline arguments to games
- [macOS] Multiple "friend online" notifications will no longer appear when system wakes up
- Dates are now properly displayed in cloud saves conflict window

1.2.55 (April 17, 2019)
- Hotfix for unintentional opening of Facebook link after entering Forum

1.2.56 (May 06, 2019)
Bugfixes:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will fix the path to its internal services, if it finds it is wrong
- Updating of games' local dependencies (e.g. Dosbox) will be handled correctly
- Unexpected files in games' directories will no longer cause failure of games’ update

1.2.57 (June 12, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Minor download speed optimizations
- Changes in PayPal payment flow
Bugfixes:
- Fixed rare crash occurence when reordering games' updates and installations
- GOG Galaxy will correctly reconnect to GOG services after long time of no internet connection

1.2.58 (September 13, 2019)
macOS:
- Enabled hardened runtime, making our application more secure
- Implemented Apple's notarization

1.2.59 (September 23, 2019)
Overlay:
- [Windows] Fixed crash in Overlay affecting some games (including Fallout 3 (Radeon only) and Dragon Age: Origins)
Achievements:
- [Windows] Fixed issue with achievements sometimes not being saved while playing offline

1.2.60 Beta (07 October, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update

1.2.61 Beta (October 23, 2019)
Updater:
- Fixed an issue where non-admin users would not be able to update to newer versions of GOG Galaxy

1.2.62 Beta (October 30, 2019)
Overlay:
- Fixed crashes for various games

1.2.63 (December 02, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update
Overlay [Windows]:
- Now supports games which use Vulkan API (e.g. Jupiter Hell, X4: Foundations)
- Fixes crashes for various games

1.2.64 (December 04, 2019)
- Hotfix for launching games

1.2.66 (January 23, 2020)
- Added information about GOG Galaxy 2.0 Open Beta
- Optimization related to showing download progress
- Fixed an issue where Overlay did not launch for some games that use Vulkan
- [Windows] Updated code signing certificate
- [MacOS] Crash fixes

1.2.67 (February 24, 2020)
General:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will now show a warning when trying to run on non-NTFS file systems
- Improved security of the application
- Updated POCO library
GOG GALAXY Update:
- Fixes for bugs in the GOG Galaxy update process
Post edited February 24, 2020 by TheTomasz
Does the new Gog Galaxy Beta install over the old one? I'm wanting to try it out. Looking for the best way to do it.
Thanks
Post edited December 25, 2019 by smuggly
smuggly: Does the new Gog Galaxy Beta install over the old one? I'm wanting to try it out. Looking for the best way to do it.
Thanks
Yes it does, it replaces the old one.
smuggly: Does the new Gog Galaxy Beta install over the old one? I'm wanting to try it out. Looking for the best way to do it.
Thanks
Ghildrean: Yes it does, it replaces the old one.
Thanks. I guess I'll give it a try. Can you use it as a stand alone? Without scanning for all the other games. Steam uplay etc.?
Ghildrean: Yes it does, it replaces the old one.
smuggly: Thanks. I guess I'll give it a try. Can you use it as a stand alone? Without scanning for all the other games. Steam uplay etc.?
Yes, it can be used without linking any other account, just like the old client.
smuggly: Thanks. I guess I'll give it a try. Can you use it as a stand alone? Without scanning for all the other games. Steam uplay etc.?
Ghildrean: Yes, it can be used without linking any other account, just like the old client.
Thank You
I was super impressed with Galaxy 2 but for the last 3 days, it doesn't work well. It crashes when I try to shut it down, it cannot load the game list completely, it shows a game I don't own. Something doesn't work well with the integrations from what I can understand. Let's hope it is a problem fixable with the next update.
low rated
to support this is a joke i have witcher 3 her and want instal game and speed is from 0.5 mb/s to 3.0mb/s so sad i spend money here , shuld go on steam is no problem there with speed will teak me 3 weeks to instal tat game , sorry but this is only game what i ever buy on gog very poor prefer spend on steam and to everyon who will read taht go on steam here is just joke tahnk you p.s. my internets speed is 50mb/s now just check agen joke
P911GT3RS: I was super impressed with Galaxy 2 but for the last 3 days, it doesn't work well. It crashes when I try to shut it down, it cannot load the game list completely, it shows a game I don't own. Something doesn't work well with the integrations from what I can understand. Let's hope it is a problem fixable with the next update.
I have the same issue as well. When I'll get into the individual game page, it hangs during the content creation (or is it the synchronization?). It doesn't exit cleanly too - I have to kill all the processes in task manager.
When I try to run any (GOG) game, I have to do it from the start menu (the latest used) and then a gog client starts, log in and launches a game before hanging itself. The issue began around Christmas eve, before that it was all fine and dandy (and no, I've not changed configuration during that time, just bought a game or two on a winter sale)
P911GT3RS: I was super impressed with Galaxy 2 but for the last 3 days, it doesn't work well. It crashes when I try to shut it down, it cannot load the game list completely, it shows a game I don't own. Something doesn't work well with the integrations from what I can understand. Let's hope it is a problem fixable with the next update.
dante82: I have the same issue as well. When I'll get into the individual game page, it hangs during the content creation (or is it the synchronization?). It doesn't exit cleanly too - I have to kill all the processes in task manager.
When I try to run any (GOG) game, I have to do it from the start menu (the latest used) and then a gog client starts, log in and launches a game before hanging itself. The issue began around Christmas eve, before that it was all fine and dandy (and no, I've not changed configuration during that time, just bought a game or two on a winter sale)
------
There must be a problem.... Since some days it hangs during the content creation... after 10 sec. all is ok, ... and lsass.exe wants to go to the internet when i start gog... for what that?
What happened to quitting Galaxy when quitting Galaxy?

I'm referring to it not running in the background when you quit it, like it used to do, like Uplay does when you tell it to and unlike Steam - as they want to make sure they're always on your mind when it comes to money I suppose...?

I hate having things running in the background that I'm not using, it uses electricity, potentially bandwidth, CPU power and who knows what it does that I don't know of...without giving me any benefits outside of a second or two faster loading times. (if DRM is enabled, you lot don't do that, do you...?)

Why did you remove the option to *properly* quit the client by quitting the client? (are you going the way of Steam, are we getting chat stickers too soon...can't wait to waste my money on things that are worth fuck all...)

Don't go the way of the hyper greedy, you need some additional funds, ask us (I can send you a bill or two now and then), stay consumer friendly and allow us - your consumers, the ones that pays your bills - the freedom to simply press the X to basically do a "kill -9 galaxy client"...

Come to think of it, why does Galaxy start when I start a game, this didn't happen previously, are you doing DRM now...? (to the fanbois about to screech, no we're not talkíng brand new CDPR-games, Elex, We Happy Few and VtM: Bloodlines are the ones I've installed and started that also gets Galaxy going before they start...)
So can CD Projeckt Red please re release all the witcher games on all current existing game consoles such as the ps4 and others as well as update the graphics and such. The witcher series on Netflix is going to start the influx in all wanting to play the whole witcher game series. And a re release game bundle of all the witchers for all the current game consoles and systems is a must and shall prove to be very profitable. All things witcher I think is really going to go over well espeacially in America. The game designers and all who made that and what not need to truly consider this because if I'm correct that shall boost profits for CD Projeckt Red for sure. Hopefully they shall get on board and do such things and even make another game or series of witcher games as well. I even have some ideas about continuing the witcher saga. Past even what the books and short stories and the games. The after the great time of peace when Garalt and tynnifer and Ciri all lived in peace and Ciri marries and has kids and Garalt knows once again that the time of the white wolf is coming once again. Though thru all the time passed and peace of the lands the old stories of past in which is the witcher series books and short stories and games has slipped into as history tends to do into myth and folly. But though the white wolf has been happily dormant maybe put on a lil extra weight and what not lol as someone without constant battles to fight might knows the call of the white wolf has been heard once again. And now more training shall begin. As all the main characters such as Geralt and tynnifer and Ciri can still be a part of it as well as now the grandchildren the children of Ciri also show promise as Ciri daughter and son now have to learn of their parents and grandparents true pasts and history and what not and that now they must train as for the new coming of more trials and tribulations and the begining of a whole new generation of Monsters. Just saying also can take even some prequel kind of stuff even before Geralt back to the time of the alignment of the spheres to the future of the witcher stories. So many avenues to take why not embark apon a new adventure as well as re releasing all the old ones all to all the existing consoles as a bundle package updated graphics and all that with maybe some added storylines or monsters and such and maps there is so much that can be done and a good start is to start working on all that now. And get those 1st 3 witcher games re released for all the consoles. Especially in America. And especially for the Ps4.
the witcher series on netflix is sort of ass right now though, wouldnt really make me want to play the games after seeing that, maybe season 2 will be better
Post edited December 29, 2019 by desktop.592
red dead redemption 2 on rockstar launcher doesnt show play time on gog galaxy
Started playing Witcher 3 on PC with a Xbox 360 controller. Works just fine, only trouble is that after about three or four manual saves, the game will not save any more. Finished the game and add on's a few years ago with same set up and had no problems. The save option is available as is load save and return to game, but it won't save.
Any advise will be appreciated.

Steve :)
Hey,

we have released GOG Galaxy 1.2.65.
The release goes to beta updates, due to updated Windows code signing certificate.
Despite of our pre-release work to alleviate the problem, it may still cause some antiviruses to complain about GOG Galaxy executables - these are likely false positivies.
Besides that, it still includes some improvements and bugfixes.

Enjoy