It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Hi,

welcome to the official GOG Galaxy forum thread. Please read the below info first:

== GOG GALAXY FEATURES IN GAMES ==

List of games supporting various GOG Galaxy features:
Achievements: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=achievements&sort=bestselling&page=1
Cloud Saves: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=cloud_saves&sort=bestselling&page=1
Overlay: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=overlay&sort=bestselling&page=1

== BUG REPORTING ==

Please use: http://mantis.gog.com and include
1. steps to reproduce the bug (if possible)
2. screenshot or movie showing the bug (if possible)
3. Galaxy Client logs (location described on mantis report page)

== FEATURE SUGGESTIONS ==

Please use: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy. For feature suggestions and votes on them please try do explain how Galaxy and its users will really benefit from it.

== IMPORT ALREADY INSTALLED GAMES TO GALAXY ==

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the Galaxy logo button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library (click on the image of the game), then click the More button and select "Manage Installation" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.

== KNOWN ISSUES ==
- Galaxy cannot be launched by other users on the same computer

== CHANGELOG ==

1.2.49 (November 29, 2018)
- [Windows] Updater now requires administrator privileges to perform update of GOG Galaxy
- [Windows] Security of directories containing GOG Galaxy files has been improved
- [Windows] Updated Code Signing Certificate
- [Windows] Crash reporter has been added to Galaxy Communication Service
Bugfixes:
- Prevented several potential causes of "broken" games, where only way out was reinstalling
- [MacOS] Fixed a crash on shutdown when fatal error was shown

1.2.50 (December 13, 2018)
Changes & Improvements:
- Speed up startup time
- [MacOS] Strengthen up connection security with ClientService
Bugfixes:
- Fixed "disk access problem" when installing games, occuring mostly on fresh installation of GOG Galaxy
- Fixed a rare occurrence of a game update resulting in displaying "unknown game version"

1.2.51 (December 20, 2018)
- Improved Korean translations
- Fixed connection to notifications pusher in GOG Galaxy SDK

1.2.54 (March 14, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Updated Chromium version to 71:
- Better performance
- Fixes playing Twitch videos on profiles
- Fixes playing Wistia videos
- Security fixes in the game installation process
- Security fixes in GOG Galaxy update process
- GOG Galaxy Updater should perform better under poor network conditions
Bugfixes:
- [macOS] Fixed passing multiple commandline arguments to games
- [macOS] Multiple "friend online" notifications will no longer appear when system wakes up
- Dates are now properly displayed in cloud saves conflict window

1.2.55 (April 17, 2019)
- Hotfix for unintentional opening of Facebook link after entering Forum

1.2.56 (May 06, 2019)
Bugfixes:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will fix the path to its internal services, if it finds it is wrong
- Updating of games' local dependencies (e.g. Dosbox) will be handled correctly
- Unexpected files in games' directories will no longer cause failure of games’ update

1.2.57 (June 12, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Minor download speed optimizations
- Changes in PayPal payment flow
Bugfixes:
- Fixed rare crash occurence when reordering games' updates and installations
- GOG Galaxy will correctly reconnect to GOG services after long time of no internet connection

1.2.58 (September 13, 2019)
macOS:
- Enabled hardened runtime, making our application more secure
- Implemented Apple's notarization

1.2.59 (September 23, 2019)
Overlay:
- [Windows] Fixed crash in Overlay affecting some games (including Fallout 3 (Radeon only) and Dragon Age: Origins)
Achievements:
- [Windows] Fixed issue with achievements sometimes not being saved while playing offline

1.2.60 Beta (07 October, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update

1.2.61 Beta (October 23, 2019)
Updater:
- Fixed an issue where non-admin users would not be able to update to newer versions of GOG Galaxy

1.2.62 Beta (October 30, 2019)
Overlay:
- Fixed crashes for various games

1.2.63 (December 02, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update
Overlay [Windows]:
- Now supports games which use Vulkan API (e.g. Jupiter Hell, X4: Foundations)
- Fixes crashes for various games

1.2.64 (December 04, 2019)
- Hotfix for launching games

1.2.66 (January 23, 2020)
- Added information about GOG Galaxy 2.0 Open Beta
- Optimization related to showing download progress
- Fixed an issue where Overlay did not launch for some games that use Vulkan
- [Windows] Updated code signing certificate
- [MacOS] Crash fixes

1.2.67 (February 24, 2020)
General:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will now show a warning when trying to run on non-NTFS file systems
- Improved security of the application
- Updated POCO library
GOG GALAXY Update:
- Fixes for bugs in the GOG Galaxy update process
Post edited February 24, 2020 by TheTomasz
helpi: Ups. I have now the new GOG 1.2.64. The theme changed from black theme to the white theme... :(. I want the black theme back.... Any Idea where i can change this?
Hi,

what theme exactly you have in mind? Could you post a screenshot?:)
helpi: Ups. I have now the new GOG 1.2.64. The theme changed from black theme to the white theme... :(. I want the black theme back.... Any Idea where i can change this?
TheTomasz: Hi,

... the normal themes - dark and not dark - ..... there are dark themes for windows, a dark theme for chrome, firefox... etc..
TheTomasz: Hi,

helpi: ... the normal themes - dark and not dark - ..... there are dark themes for windows, a dark theme for chrome, firefox... etc..
Galaxy 1.2.64 (or previous version 1.2.59) does not support changing themes, neither was it influenced by Windows 10 setting.

Could you post an issue on mantis.gog.com and attach screenshots visualizing the issue?
helpi: ... the normal themes - dark and not dark - ..... there are dark themes for windows, a dark theme for chrome, firefox... etc..
TheTomasz: Galaxy 1.2.64 (or previous version 1.2.59) does not support changing themes, neither was it influenced by Windows 10 setting.

Could you post an issue on mantis.gog.com and attach screenshots visualizing the issue?
... with the update i have now only the -not dark- mode, so i can t post the old galaxy/chrome theme....
Trommelveit: .,..
TheTomasz: Hey,

we have released GOG Galaxy 1.2.64.
This fixes an issue with launching games from introduced in 1.2.63.

All the changes from 1.2.63 are still valid for this version.

Enjoy
Hi,

that hotfix did its job. Everything is working again. Thanks for the quick reply & the quick fix!
Till yesterday everything worked with gog galaxy, it was crap but worked. But after i bought an add-on for stellaris and installed over gog galaxy i cant start the game with the launcher.Also some other games have a problem.

So i deleted GOG Galaxy and dl all games before you guys starting to be UBIsoft, EA shit origin or the crappy Steam. I don't want a a launcher and an unified spy fuck on my pc.

Stay with DRM and spy shit free gog and forget your Galaxy 1 and 2
I have a GOG Galaxy v1 related issue. I installed the HD Texture pack for Kingdom Come - Deliverance, as well as the HD Sounds and Voices packs. The sounds and voice packs are showing up as installed DLC in Galaxy, however the HD Textures are not. I ran into a similar issue with Frostpunk where the Rifts DLC wasn't showing up as installed, and all I had to do was click "Install" to fix the issue (it only downloaded 1MB). When I use the same method for the HD Texture pack for Kingdom Come, Galaxy wants to download the whole 6.6 GBs, which I can't do because of my slow data connection. Is there any way I can force Galaxy to detect the Texture pack as installed DLC, or is there any other way correct the issue? Thank you for your time.
Trommelveit: .,..
TheTomasz: Hey,

we have released GOG Galaxy 1.2.64.
This fixes an issue with launching games from introduced in 1.2.63.

All the changes from 1.2.63 are still valid for this version.

Enjoy
Updating to 1.2.64 broke all game launches on Lutris, Wine version 4.4, for me, everything was working yesterday.

Game crashes, when attempting to start from Galaxy, showing the crash reporter. Sometimes crashing Galaxy too.
The "Play"-button then stays greyed out I can't attempt again.

Game executables can be launched successfully, if manually started from Lutris.
username4: Game crashes, when attempting to start from Galaxy, showing the crash reporter. Sometimes crashing Galaxy too.
The "Play"-button then stays greyed out I can't attempt again.
I have the same problem on Wine. I've reported here
http://mantis.gog.com/view.php?id=6080
Post edited December 06, 2019 by TaxAkla
I have a problem updating.

Gets to 85.8% and then bombs out saying there was a problem updating and I can download the full version to install.
Galaxy 2.0 open beta phase started.
Required to make this usable (For Me)

Drag and Drop manual reordering, so I can order games as I see fit, in stead of Alphabetically
A user script is required to do this on your website, but it works

As a poor second best
Cut & Paste Functionality.

To make this in any way shape or form fit to grace my PC, I'll need to rename every damn game.
I expect games to be grouped together, in SEries (Franchise) And chronological order not scattered randomly around because GOG uses stupid names

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, not just Morrowind etc

This is forced due to alphanumerical renaming being the only way to group games logically
Here's some examples of how I name my Desktop Shortcuts
(Spoilers used, but not sure if that BBCode works without GOG user scripts)

Assassin’s Creed Series
[spoiler]
Assassin’s Creed Series 01 - Assassin’s Creed - Director’s Cut (GOG)
Assassin’s Creed Series 02 - Assassin’s Creed II (Uplay)
Assassin’s Creed Series 03 - Assassin’s Creed - Brotherhood (Uplay)
Assassin’s Creed Series 04 - Assassin’s Creed - Revelations (Uplay)
Assassin’s Creed Series 05 - Assassin’s Creed III (Uplay)
Assassin’s Creed Series 06 - Assassin’s Creed - Liberation - HD (Steam)
Assassin’s Creed Series 07 - Assassin’s Creed IV - Black Flag (Steam)
Assassin’s Creed Series 09 - Assassin’s Creed - Unity (Uplay)
Assassin’s Creed Series 11 - Assassin’s Creed - Syndicate (Uplay)
Assassin’s Creed Series 12 - Assassin’s Creed - Origins (Uplay)
Assassin’s Creed Series 13 - Assassin’s Creed - Odyssey (Uplay)
Assassin’s Creed Series 14 - Assassin’s Creed - Liberation - Remastered (Uplay)
Assassin’s Creed Series 14 - Assassin’s Creed III - Remastered (Uplay)
[/spoiler]

Tomb Raider Series
[spoiler]
Tomb Raider Series - Classic Timeline 1 - Tomb Raider - ATI - Atlantean Scion
Tomb Raider Series - Classic Timeline 1 - Tomb Raider - ATI - Unfinished Business
Tomb Raider Series - Classic Timeline 1 - Tomb Raider - Atlantean Scion with Unfinished Business
Tomb Raider Series - Classic Timeline 1 - Tomb Raider - Gold - Unfinished Business and Shadow of the Cat (GOG)
Tomb Raider Series - Classic Timeline 1 - Tomb Raider AKA Atlantean Scion (GOG)
Tomb Raider Series - Classic Timeline 2 - Tomb Raider - Dagger Of Xian (Fan Remake)
Tomb Raider Series - Classic Timeline 2 - Tomb Raider II - Starring Lara Croft AKA Dagger of Xian (GOG)
Tomb Raider Series - Classic Timeline 3 - Tomb Raider III - Adventures of Lara Croft (GOG)
Tomb Raider Series - Classic Timeline 4 - Tomb Raider - The Last Revelation (GOG)
Tomb Raider Series - Classic Timeline 5 - Tomb Raider Chronicles (GOG)
Tomb Raider Series - Classic Timeline 6 - Tomb Raider - The Angel of Darkness (GOG)
Tomb Raider Series - Legend Timeline - Tomb Raider - Anniversary (Steam)
Tomb Raider Series - Legend Timeline 1 - Tomb Raider - Legend (Steam)
Tomb Raider Series - Legend Timeline 2 - Tomb Raider - Underworld (Steam)
Tomb Raider Series - Survivor Timeline 1 - Tomb Raider - A Survivor is Born (Steam)
Tomb Raider Series - Survivor Timeline 2 - Rise of the Tomb Raider (Steam)
Tomb Raider Series - Survivor Timeline 3 - Shadow of the Tomb Raider (Steam)
[/spoiler]

Now imagine trying to rename over 500 installed games, like that without using Cut & Paste.

It's the only feature of Galaxy I would ever use, and I can currently get better resuylts using Desktop Shortcuts.
For instance AC3 remastered has two games, I can run both using these shortcuts
Assassin’s Creed Series 14 - Assassin’s Creed - Liberation - Remastered (Uplay)
D:\Uplay\Uplay.exe uplay://launch/5183/1
Assassin’s Creed Series 14 - Assassin’s Creed III - Remastered (Uplay)
D:\Uplay\Uplay.exe uplay://launch/5183/0

GOG Galaxy claims the file name's invalid, when it clearly is not, so Galaxy can't even accept a valid command line argument.
Some games will accept a direct to executable launch
So I tried that (again) knowing the past results that gave me, it just launches ACIII.exe, instead of Liberation
D:\Uplay\Games\Assassin's Creed III Remastered\ACLiberation.exe
It still launches ACIII.exe.

Net result is what I already suspected, Galaxy is not fit for purpose, of basic games management, both sorting.

It needs full user control of Exe locations, for every game, and ability to accept command line arguments.
Allow the user to install games anywhere the user wants them installed, for each game, not a designated folder for all games.

Back to my Desktop Shortcuts for now, I can launch all my games from one location, My Desktop, and always have been able to.
UhuruNUru: Now imagine trying to rename over 500 installed games, like that without using Cut & Paste.
Umm.. you have 500 games installed? What happens if you uninstall a game? And where exactly does C&P not work? Assuming Galaxy 2.0: When I right-click->edit a game, copy and paste in the title window works just fine for me.

UhuruNUru: It needs full user control of Exe locations, for every game, and ability to accept command line arguments.
Allow the user to install games anywhere the user wants them installed, for each game, not a designated folder for all games.

Back to my Desktop Shortcuts for now, I can launch all my games from one location, My Desktop, and always have been able to.
I hope they add direct support for command line arguments too. In the meanwhile you can use .bat-Files with the exact call and link the game to them.
Friends integration for other platforms isn't working for me. I can only see friends on Steam and XBox. Uplay and Origin friends are not showing up for me even when I have a friend online playing Far Cry 5 on Uplay.
toxicTom: Umm.. you have 500 games installed? What happens if you uninstall a game? And where exactly does C&P not work? Assuming Galaxy 2.0: When I right-click->edit a game, copy and paste in the title window works just fine for me.

I hope they add direct support for command line arguments too. In the meanwhile you can use .bat-Files with the exact call and link the game to them.
I'm not seeing any context menu on Galaxy 2, right click has no effect. I can edit the names, but only manually
Had the same issue with the password screen, but when I added Origin, Uplay, Steam, and Epic, there password screens gave me context menus, to paste my passwords in.

Only getting this issue with Galaxy 2.

As for My 500+ games installed, why would I want to uninstall one, and if I did, what do you expect to happen.
I install every game I own, ready to play, some I have multiple installs of, with different mods installed.
3 SSD's 1,75 TB, and 3 HDDs 10TB
GOG 341 Games, Steam 153 Games, Uplay 19 Games, Origin 8 Games, Epic 3 Games. plus a few others that have no online store, direct from dev buys, and a few old dvd installs.
Post edited December 11, 2019 by UhuruNUru