It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Hi,

welcome to the official GOG Galaxy forum thread. Please read the below info first:

== GOG GALAXY FEATURES IN GAMES ==

List of games supporting various GOG Galaxy features:
Achievements: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=achievements&sort=bestselling&page=1
Cloud Saves: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=cloud_saves&sort=bestselling&page=1
Overlay: https://www.gog.com/games?feature=overlay&sort=bestselling&page=1

== BUG REPORTING ==

Please use: http://mantis.gog.com and include
1. steps to reproduce the bug (if possible)
2. screenshot or movie showing the bug (if possible)
3. Galaxy Client logs (location described on mantis report page)

== FEATURE SUGGESTIONS ==

Please use: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy. For feature suggestions and votes on them please try do explain how Galaxy and its users will really benefit from it.

== IMPORT ALREADY INSTALLED GAMES TO GALAXY ==

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the Galaxy logo button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library (click on the image of the game), then click the More button and select "Manage Installation" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.

== KNOWN ISSUES ==
- Galaxy cannot be launched by other users on the same computer

== CHANGELOG ==

1.2.49 (November 29, 2018)
- [Windows] Updater now requires administrator privileges to perform update of GOG Galaxy
- [Windows] Security of directories containing GOG Galaxy files has been improved
- [Windows] Updated Code Signing Certificate
- [Windows] Crash reporter has been added to Galaxy Communication Service
Bugfixes:
- Prevented several potential causes of "broken" games, where only way out was reinstalling
- [MacOS] Fixed a crash on shutdown when fatal error was shown

1.2.50 (December 13, 2018)
Changes & Improvements:
- Speed up startup time
- [MacOS] Strengthen up connection security with ClientService
Bugfixes:
- Fixed "disk access problem" when installing games, occuring mostly on fresh installation of GOG Galaxy
- Fixed a rare occurrence of a game update resulting in displaying "unknown game version"

1.2.51 (December 20, 2018)
- Improved Korean translations
- Fixed connection to notifications pusher in GOG Galaxy SDK

1.2.54 (March 14, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Updated Chromium version to 71:
- Better performance
- Fixes playing Twitch videos on profiles
- Fixes playing Wistia videos
- Security fixes in the game installation process
- Security fixes in GOG Galaxy update process
- GOG Galaxy Updater should perform better under poor network conditions
Bugfixes:
- [macOS] Fixed passing multiple commandline arguments to games
- [macOS] Multiple "friend online" notifications will no longer appear when system wakes up
- Dates are now properly displayed in cloud saves conflict window

1.2.55 (April 17, 2019)
- Hotfix for unintentional opening of Facebook link after entering Forum

1.2.56 (May 06, 2019)
Bugfixes:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will fix the path to its internal services, if it finds it is wrong
- Updating of games' local dependencies (e.g. Dosbox) will be handled correctly
- Unexpected files in games' directories will no longer cause failure of games’ update

1.2.57 (June 12, 2019)
Changes and Improvements:
- Minor download speed optimizations
- Changes in PayPal payment flow
Bugfixes:
- Fixed rare crash occurence when reordering games' updates and installations
- GOG Galaxy will correctly reconnect to GOG services after long time of no internet connection

1.2.58 (September 13, 2019)
macOS:
- Enabled hardened runtime, making our application more secure
- Implemented Apple's notarization

1.2.59 (September 23, 2019)
Overlay:
- [Windows] Fixed crash in Overlay affecting some games (including Fallout 3 (Radeon only) and Dragon Age: Origins)
Achievements:
- [Windows] Fixed issue with achievements sometimes not being saved while playing offline

1.2.60 Beta (07 October, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update

1.2.61 Beta (October 23, 2019)
Updater:
- Fixed an issue where non-admin users would not be able to update to newer versions of GOG Galaxy

1.2.62 Beta (October 30, 2019)
Overlay:
- Fixed crashes for various games

1.2.63 (December 02, 2019)
General:
- Updated CEF version to 3729 (Chromium to 74)
- Security fixes
Updater:
- Will no longer download updates at startup, they will be downloaded in the background, while the application is running
- [Windows] No additional UAC prompt during update
Overlay [Windows]:
- Now supports games which use Vulkan API (e.g. Jupiter Hell, X4: Foundations)
- Fixes crashes for various games

1.2.64 (December 04, 2019)
- Hotfix for launching games

1.2.66 (January 23, 2020)
- Added information about GOG Galaxy 2.0 Open Beta
- Optimization related to showing download progress
- Fixed an issue where Overlay did not launch for some games that use Vulkan
- [Windows] Updated code signing certificate
- [MacOS] Crash fixes

1.2.67 (February 24, 2020)
General:
- [Windows] GOG Galaxy will now show a warning when trying to run on non-NTFS file systems
- Improved security of the application
- Updated POCO library
GOG GALAXY Update:
- Fixes for bugs in the GOG Galaxy update process
Post edited February 24, 2020 by TheTomasz
Hi there, I found abaut GOG recently and after the late "Steam-screw up" thing I decided to give it a chance. I hope I won't be disappointed. I have some questions:

1- How much disk space does GOG Galaxy take?
2- Can I install it in drive D?
3- When I'm downloading games from GOG can I interrupt(like shutdown of pc) and then continue downloading later?
4- Can I import Steam games to GOG Galaxy?
nightflight1: Hi there, I found abaut GOG recently and after the late "Steam-screw up" thing I decided to give it a chance. I hope I won't be disappointed. I have some questions:

1- How much disk space does GOG Galaxy take?
Can't say... using Galaxy 2.0 beta currently.
nightflight1: 2- Can I install it in drive D?
Yes, but Galaxy will eat some space in C:\ProgramData for caching anyway.

nightflight1: 3- When I'm downloading games from GOG can I interrupt(like shutdown of pc) and then continue downloading later?
Yes, this works.

nightflight1: 4- Can I import Steam games to GOG Galaxy?
Currently no. Galaxy 2.0 can start your Steam games though. I don't know when it will be officially out, right now it looks a bit rough around the edges still. But you could sign up for the beta, and with a bit of patience give it a try.

https://www.gogalaxy.com/en/
Thanks, I don't know much abaut this beta thing. Do I download it or what?
Sorry I'm a casual player, I don't know much abaut computers.
Post edited November 01, 2019 by nightflight1
nightflight1: Thanks, I don't know much abaut this beta thing. Do I download it or what?
Sorry I'm a casual player, I don't know much abaut computers.
In this case you should wait for the official release.
Dunno if this is the right place to post this but here goes.
Real simple, tried buying some games from the halloween sale and was given an error message. Soon got an email confirming my paypal payment but the games aren't in my library??
Hi. Anyone experienced this? Only happened once for me, but I wonder what is wrong. I installed the new nvidia drivers and after restarting my computer it said that gog galaxy could not start because another account on my computer was already running gog galaxy.
I tried launching gog galaxy and everything was ok right after. Now I only got one account on my computer so I wonder why I got this message. I have two-step verification on and everything is fine when it comes to security! Thanks for any help about this message I got! :)

So I found that Gog Galaxy is set to launch on startup twice. That must be my problem. It is listed twice in startup. Now how do I remove one of them? Thanks for any advice..

I fixed it at last. The option for running Gog Galaxy at startup had to be turned off. Then it starts up as normal when starting my computer. Might be a bug I dont know, but it works again now. :)
Post edited November 02, 2019 by Scramble
Update still produces errors

https://i.postimg.cc/3wrFsxyt/Gog-Galaxy-Error.jpg
Anothername: Update still produces errors

Use crystaldiskinfo and check your hdd/ssd
Why do you ask me for a password when I want to add a game to my wish list?
Hijin25.948: Why do you ask me for a password when I want to add a game to my wish list?
I am experiencing this same problem. Entering the password doesn't seem to fix the issue. After I enter my password, Galaxy takes me to an error page that explains that "oops, our service is overwhelmed." I have been unable to add any games to my wish list for a while now.
Anothername: Update still produces errors

FulVal: Use crystaldiskinfo and check your hdd/ssd
I'd rather not fiddle around with a 3rd party prog I know nothing about at the moment. But since GalCiv3 did updated flawlessly this time I guess this time its something unique to No Man Sky. Or it just got fixed.
I used Galaxy once in it's early days, now I'm hearing that it's roughly the same as the horrible new steam UI. I don't want to bother installing it this is true. What's your opinion on this?
DazBoots: I used Galaxy once in it's early days, now I'm hearing that it's roughly the same as the horrible new steam UI. I don't want to bother installing it this is true. What's your opinion on this?
I'm using Galaxy since the closed alpha build (pre Witcher 3) and I'm now on Galaxy 2.0 beta.
The current official version hasn't changed much if you used it before. There's more games working with overlay (which I wouldn't use at all, if it weren't for the current beta-testing) and at least for me it has always been working fine and mostly stable.

Galaxy 2.0 is still missing features and I do think the UI could use some serious re-work. It's functional but doesn't look... that nice, IMO. Otherwise I have no complaints. It feels a lot faster and more responsive than the old client, esp. at start-up.

I can't compare it to Steam since I don't use that. The screenshots here: https://game-debate.com/news/27321/gog-galaxy-2-0-unified-game-library-first-impressions-from-the-closed-beta are still pretty much what it looks like.

One feature I heavily use is "bookmarking", you can bookmark any view (single game, filtered collection...) and it will stick to the list on the left. Those can be renamed and re-ordered. Also you can finally add single, manually installed games and link them to the client. For instance to some Turrican2.bat with the contents:
winuae.exe -f Configurations\turrican2.uae
:-)
So, can you actually launch steam games through the galaxy launcher?
DazBoots: So, can you actually launch steam games through the galaxy launcher?
In Galaxy 2.0 you can. I can't... since I don't have Steam account though...

Of course when launching some Steam, Origin, UPlay or Epic game through Galaxy, the "other" client will launch too, because DRM...