It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It's cloudy with a chance of exclusives!

Ever since Universal Cloud Saves came to GOG Galaxy, the list of supported games has been ever growing. For those who don't know, this neat feature, which allows you to store your saved games safely in the cloud and synchronize them with different devices, has been introduced not only to new games, but also to titles that never offered cloud saves before.
Recently, Universal Cloud Saves support was implemented to a whole bunch of classic titles, plenty of which get this feature exclusively in the GOG version!

Here is a list of the games that recently got the Universal Cloud Saves treatment, most of them exclusively on GOG Galaxy:

Deus Ex GOTY
Deus Ex: Invisible War
Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault
Anno 1404 Gold
Homeworld Emergence
Icewind Dale 2
Psychonauts
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: Sith Lords
Far Cry
Far Cry 2: Fortune's Edition
Legacy of Kain: Defiance
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2
Thief Gold
Thief II: The Metal Age
Syberia II
Torchlight 2
Throne of Darkness
The Settlers 2: Gold Edition
Pharaoh + Cleopatra
Zeus + Poseidon
The Bard's Tale
Pizza Tycoon 2
Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom
Tzar: The Burden of the Crown
Legend of Grimrock 2
Syndicate Plus
Syndicate Wars
Dungeons & Dragons: Dragonshard
Jade Empire: Special Edition

Quite a few of them are now available for a fraction of the price during our Black Friday Sale. Go ahead, give them a try.
falloutttt: I as well would love to see more games with achievements here! :(

The problem sometimes tho I noticed, some games actually do have achievements, but they don't mention it on the store-page. :/

like this new game I just got, "West of Loathing". it has the achievements. but it says nothing about on the store-page, and no info on that "GOGMIXES" either.
MarkoH01: That actually should not happen because they also a selling point for GOG. regarding the GOGmixes they were made by the community and mostly are depending on the things that are on the gamepage so the same mistake as long as the creator of said mix does not own the game himself. So you are sure that "West of Loathing" has achievements here on GOG? If yes, a blue should change the gamecard accordinmgly. If you have other such experiences like these please tell them here or to a blue in chat so this can be changed.
yes, 100% sure that "West of Loathing" has achievements for GOG galaxy. I haven't unlocked any yet, but I can see them in my GOG Galaxy.

there was a couple other games that dint mentioned anything about game's achievements, but were later corrected. usually it's the new games. but yeah sure, ill let the blue guys know if I see anything. :)
Post edited November 25, 2017 by falloutttt
Thank you, but please enable this feature for the Tomb Raider series as well.
Is the Star Wars KOTOR TSL Steam update included in this?
Robin_Seina: I´d rather see achievements support, since I play only from home. It irritates me, that a new game that comes to gog and steam at the same time has no achievement support on gog
Dralel: You'd rather have objectively pointless boxes coming up saying "you're awesome", rather than safe save game backup via the cloud??
Personally I've stopped caring about achievements around 2009 but I have to admit you're doing a great job of selling achievements to me. :)
Especially when I look at the reality of Cloud saving...

That being said, I feel like adding 30 games to the "Universal Cloud Saves system what we did™" is more of a cosmetic move to point out how relevant "that Windows®-exclusive band-aid for online gaming what we did™" is. That this rather unimportant and very game specific announcement was made during a huge sale makes it look even more cynical/calculated. When Reservoir Dogs: Bloody Days was removed (bet you missed that happening...) nobody could be asked to make a front page news article about it.

So yeah: "Great job adding features to 30 games GOG. Have a cookie." On my personal list of first world problems being able to play with my Linux friends will always be more important than being able to play Anno 1404 Gold on two (Windows-)PCs without having to move the saves myself. So about that Linux version...
Post edited November 25, 2017 by HeartsAndRainbows
I might be more compelled to try this feature if each supported game could be indivudually set to use it or not. At least until I am more confident about how this thing works, it's better to limit what damage the client can possibly do to my saves by not allowing it to sync them for games that I have not actively played recently.
DrMcCoy: ...So, how's the Linux version of the Galaxy client coming along?
hollunder: Any update on the Linux version?
Hello,

Currently we are not actively working on the Linux version of the client. As of right now we have to put our limited resources to other upcoming great features.

We are aware that this is important for our Linux users and if anything changes in that matter, we will surely let you know.
Prothean.737: Cloud saves are really the most important feature to me (moreso than the Overlay, Achievements, etc.) and something I took for granted with Steam before I started buying my games on GOG... I play on two different machines constantly, so this is a huge timesaver than having to manually do it myself with Resilio Sync... I can't wait for the day when the ENTIRE catalog has it supported and all new games it becomes the standard!
Well, not all games on Steam have cloud saves either, as I'm sure you are aware? For me personally, it's about half my Steam library, the rest does not support cloud saves. Just saying ;)
Not that I care that much either way, since I mostly play on one PC in the first place. Still, it's bound to make some people happy, so more power to them (and Gog, obviously, provided the cloud saves do indeed work as intended).
JAAHAS: I might be more compelled to try this feature if each supported game could be indivudually set to use it or not. At least until I am more confident about how this thing works, it's better to limit what damage the client can possibly do to my saves by not allowing it to sync them for games that I have not actively played recently.
Oh, you are not up to date. It's completely harmless to try because
1) You are meanwhile able to turn the feature on/off for every game seperately.
2) GOG cloud saving is working different from i.e. steam cloud saving. Your local saves will not be touched. They will only copied into in the cloud (when it works) and they will always have priority when they are your hard disk. Even though cloud saving sometimes worked and sometimes did not work out for me I NEVER lost a single save because of it here on GOG.
Post edited November 25, 2017 by MarkoH01
linuxvangog: Hello,

Currently we are not actively working on the Linux version of the client. As of right now we have to put our limited resources to other upcoming great features.

We are aware that this is important for our Linux users and if anything changes in that matter, we will surely let you know.
Wow.
And how you sneaked that "great" in there. Amazing.
This is really messed up.
JAAHAS: I might be more compelled to try this feature if each supported game could be indivudually set to use it or not. At least until I am more confident about how this thing works, it's better to limit what damage the client can possibly do to my saves by not allowing it to sync them for games that I have not actively played recently.
MarkoH01: Oh, you are not up to date. It's completely harmless to try because
1) You are meanwhile able to turn the feature on/off for every game seperately.
2) GOG cloud saving is working different from i.e. steam cloud saving. Your local saves will not be touched. They will only copied into in the cloud (when it works) and they will always have priority when they are your hard disk. Even though cloud saving sometimes worked and sometimes did not work out for me I NEVER lost a single save because of it here on GOG.
Thanks, of course all of the games I currently might occasionally play on my notebook are not supported yet, so there was no "Cloud Saves are disabled in GOG Galaxy settings" shown in their settings. Maybe it would be more clear to have the client show Cloud saves as "Not Supported" instead of omitting the line completely?
linuxvangog: Hello,

Good News!™ for Linux users...
I think a lot of people here are failing to remember the other "main" feature of Cloud Saves... when you play your games on more than one machine... I do, and this is one thing Steam nails... I never have to worry about hopping from one machine to other and my most current save not being there... as it is now, I'm playing stuff in my GOG library solely based on if the game HAS Cloud Saves support and then just hoping later on the games that don't will eventually get it... it's a convenience thing and saves (pun intended ;) me from having to manually set up a save sync on my own... Steam created frictionless gaming in that aspect, for me.
Post edited November 25, 2017 by Prothean.737
Prothean.737: I think a lot of people here are failing to remember the other "main" feature of Cloud Saves... when you play your games on more than one machine... I do, and this is one thing Steam nails... I never have to worry about hopping from one machine to other and my most current save not being there... as it is now, I'm playing stuff in my GOG library solely based on if the game HAS Cloud Saves support and then just hoping later on the games that don't will eventually get it... it's a convenience thing and saves (pun intended ;) me from having to manually set up a save sync on my own... Steam created frictionless gaming in that aspect, for me.
The advantage of having cloud saves whenever you switch computers is obvious and has already been mentioned. I agree that steam most of the times does not have problems with their cloud savings, however not all steam games do support cloud savings and many only do it because the developer added them into their game. What GOG is doing here (as far as I understood) works different. The client itself is responsible for the cloud saving so the game does not need to support it in general. This way even older games that were invented before cloud saving even was a word will be able to support it too. That is NOT the case on steam. However it takes time to implement it as it already has been stated here as well. Last but not least: people tend to compare the steam client to GOG Galaxy and forget that GOG Galaxy is FAR younger in development - it's nearly a child ... sometimes still extremely naughty, not doing what it should do and still not doing everything it should. Steam client is out of the growing pains and most updates there are for performance and fine tuning only. So comparing those two is not really fair.
Post edited November 25, 2017 by MarkoH01
Prothean.737: I think a lot of people here are failing to remember the other "main" feature of Cloud Saves... when you play your games on more than one machine... I do, and this is one thing Steam nails... I never have to worry about hopping from one machine to other and my most current save not being there... as it is now, I'm playing stuff in my GOG library solely based on if the game HAS Cloud Saves support and then just hoping later on the games that don't will eventually get it... it's a convenience thing and saves (pun intended ;) me from having to manually set up a save sync on my own... Steam created frictionless gaming in that aspect, for me.
MarkoH01: The advantage of having cloud saves whenever you switch computers is obvious and has already been mentioned. I agree that steam most of the times does not have problems with their cloud savings, however not all steam games do support cloud savings and many only do it because the developer added them into their game. What GOG is doing here (as far as I understood) works different. The client itself is responsible for the cloud saving so the game does not need to support it in general. This way even older games that were invented before cloud saving even was a word will be able to support it too. That is NOT the case on steam. However it takes time to implement it as it already has been stated here as well. Last but not least: people tend to compare the steam client to GOG Galaxy and forget that GOG Galaxy is FAR younger in development - it's nearly a child ... sometimes still extremely naughty, not doing what it should do and still not doing everything it should. Steam client is out of the growing pains and most updates there are for performance and fine tuning only. So comparing those two is not really fair.
Yah, I agree with you on all your points and was well aware of them all... I was mainly speaking to the number of posts saying "I don't need a backup", etc.
Prothean.737: Yah, I agree with you on all your points and was well aware of them all... I was mainly speaking to the number of posts saying "I don't need a backup", etc.
The discussion before was mostly about the question if achievements could be more impoortant than cloud saves to anybody so people started to explain why they don't need achievements or cloud saves. If there weren't a reason for BOTH GOG would not implement BOTH. Regarding the question what's better or more important it's imo purely subjective. Even in your case one could argue that - like you said - it's convenient to have cloud saves but not necessary. In your case you would have to back up the saves manually and carry them around. Not nice at all but not impossible either. Again: imo both features are nice to have (if they are working - I am looking at you TQ cloud saves) and neither of those is more important than the other, depending on the user. For you cloud saves probably are extremely important while for others they don't matter or don't matter much - same goes for achievements.