It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

SmollestLight: If you are encountering this issue, please follow the steps of this support article. Should that not help, please reach out to our GOG GALAXY team. Unfortunately, we can't help with technical issues on the forum, and it's always best to contact support instead.
That workaround worked for me, first time I have seen this. I have only the one GOG account.

I'll see how it goes when I need to reboot again.

any ideas why this should happen...?

Thanks
Attachments:
gog.jpg (18 Kb)
Post edited August 11, 2021 by VimesUK
JTQuincy: Go to C:\ProgramData\GOG.com\Galaxy\lock-files and delete the GalaxyClient.exe.lock file and try launching Galaxy again
This just happened to me for the first time (8-12-2021) and your solution worked! Thanks much!!
JTQuincy: Go to C:\ProgramData\GOG.com\Galaxy\lock-files and delete the GalaxyClient.exe.lock file and try launching Galaxy again
BigMacLargeHuge: This just happened to me for the first time (8-12-2021) and your solution worked! Thanks much!!
I can confirm that this solution definitely works. It started happening after I installed the latest windows update, about 2-3 days ago. I thought it would go away after restarting my computer but it didn't. I hop on the forums, see this post, try it for myself and presto! Everything's back to normal.

Thanks to op and poster!
You saved my day! Thank you!
Tsum1tsuk1: You saved my day! Thank you!
hmm what a strange way to make sure only one galaxy can run
nevermind
Post edited August 22, 2021 by Greywolf234
Just got this. Fix your software.
mike_cesara: ctr+shift+esc and stop/kill galaxy process.

edit:
also go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
delete galaxy key and restart computer..
Old post but still relevant. Just had this happen and the above fixed it. Thanks!
SmollestLight: If you are encountering this issue, please follow the steps of this support article. Should that not help, please reach out to our GOG GALAXY team. Unfortunately, we can't help with technical issues on the forum, and it's always best to contact support instead.
This is an older post but it fixed it for me.

In my case though the filename was "GalaxyClient.exe-galaxy-client.lock" but it was located in the same folder mentioned on the link.
BillymanPrime: I don't even have that file. So I guess I'm screwed.
SmollestLight: Then please reach out to our GALAXY Team :) They will be able to help you.
Worked for me :)
HansMaulwurf7: I got this error just now. Yesterday everything worked just fine. I would like to add that you have to SHOW HIDDEN FILES in the file explorer in the "View"-tab. Searched for 5min since I didn't see the folder. I fought, since I installed GOG in a custom path, it would be located there. But it is in a hidden folder on C:
JTQuincy: You can also just paste C:\ProgramData\GOG.com\Galaxy\lock-files into Windows Explorer or a Run... box
OMG youre amaazing thank you
This is still an issue. Props to JTQuincy for providing a solution.
Thanks man, this works.
Thank you.
JTQuincy: You can also just paste C:\ProgramData\GOG.com\Galaxy\lock-files into Windows Explorer or a Run... box
Felipe_Ramirez23: OMG youre amaazing thank you
The better thing to paste would be "%programdata%\GOG.com\Galaxy\lock-files\" as the location of the ProgramData folder can vary, depending on your installation.

You can press WinKey+R for a Run box to paste it in.
Post edited September 13, 2021 by NiteHackr