It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Update 1.2 brings Universal Cloud Saves, the option to fully customize the Client to your needs, and much more!

NOTICE: The update is now live for everyone. Make sure to check it out and tell us what you think!

GOG Galaxy, our gamer-friendly Client, is coming out of beta with a major new update that greatly improves and enriches the user experience by introducing many long-awaited features. Let's take a closer look at some of them:

The highlight of Update 1.2 is, of course, the Universal Cloud Saves. This new feature makes it possible to add cloud saving functionality not only to new games but also to titles that never offered cloud saving before. Thanks to this, excellent games like Planescape: Torment, Heroes of Might & Magic® III, or Vampire®: the Masquerade - Bloodlines gain the benefits of saves syncing and cloud backup for the first time ever. Of course, if you prefer to keep your precious saves close at hand, your data is still saved locally for you to use, while GOG Galaxy also lets you download a backup of your saves at any time.

This huge Update introduces the option to customize the Client to your needs by selecting which features you want to use. In addition, there is a brand new hibernate mode that cuts down on Client CPU usage while playing a game and saves resources as well as battery life when idling in the background. We also went through the GOG Galaxy community wishlist and packed Update 1.2 with some of the most-requested features, including bandwidth limiting and scheduling, FPS counter, screenshot capturing, a sleek in-game overlay, achievement rarity, desktop and in-game notifications system, a new chat, and more!

The GOG Galaxy Update 1.2 is now available for all users. To download GOG Galaxy or see what’s new and improved visit <span class="bold">GOG.com/Galaxy</span>.
If you run into any issues, feel free to submit them <span class="bold">here</span>.
heksesang: Just make it open-source already. I'd much rather port it myself than waiting forever for you guys to do it.
Jemolk: Yeah, totally this. Seriously, we'd be doing the work, so it'd save GOG money. The shareholders would like that, even if they're stubborn on wanting it proprietary. ;)
Linux is far from used by me.

However, maybe it would be easier to get a small list of users that are interested in helping the existing team finish what they already have done...?...; Then, hire them at say minimum wage...

If it sounds insulting, then apologize do I; Yet the objective is to get the Linux version out to the public? It's not like GoG can just print money to turn their red into black, like certain other organizations.
Jemolk: Yeah, totally this. Seriously, we'd be doing the work, so it'd save GOG money. The shareholders would like that, even if they're stubborn on wanting it proprietary. ;)
Angel98392: Linux is far from used by me.

However, maybe it would be easier to get a small list of users that are interested in helping the existing team finish what they already have done...?...; Then, hire them at say minimum wage...

If it sounds insulting, then apologize do I; Yet the objective is to get the Linux version out to the public? It's not like GoG can just print money to turn their red into black, like certain other organizations.
I think most would be much more inclined to help if the end result would be open source. That said, with the Summer Sale they should have made enough revenue to hire more people to work on Linux Galaxy, and enough companies are getting behind Linux that it should be worth it to them to get a Linux version of the client out soon. Open source would still be preferable, or at least documented APIs so that Linux users can build our own open-source client. I'd be happy with that.
fables22: The Linux version is very much still planned, but we don't have an ETA or any kinda timeline for it at this moment in time. We are, however, working on it. I suppose this won't really satisfy many of the Linux users here but I figured I'd at least let you guys know that it's not been ditched by any means.
Can you please prioritize releasing Linux version of Galaxy libraries to developers first, before the client? While client can easily remain optional, and lack of it isn't really a major issue, lacking libraries actually prevent some developers from releasing Linux versions here on GOG, and that already isn't an optional hindrance.
Post edited June 30, 2017 by shmerl
shmerl: Can you please prioritize releasing Linux version of Galaxy libraries to developers first, before the client? While client can easily remain optional, and lack of it isn't really a major issue, lacking libraries actually prevent some developers from releasing Linux versions here on GOG, and that already isn't an optional hindrance.
My guess is "no". Do people really still think that they plan on releasing a Linux client? We haven't seen any evidence at all that they are other than a few "yeah, we plan to do that at some unknown point in the future which could mean 10 years or 1000 years from now". I don't think they have any plan to do so personally with any level of priority anyway. Do they even have Linux developers on staff yet? Perhaps scraping the "blues" threads for nicks, and turning them into employee names to google and look for C.V.s might yield some information of their in-house capabilities, but I'm not holding my breath personally.

I think the best we're going to see is that a few times per year after all of the questions from the community concerning Linux, once in a while one of us will spark someone at GOG to respond with "yeah, we plan on doing that but no there is no ETA" and that will just continue indefinitely. If they ever do start working on the client it's either going to be an out of sync fork that is maintained separately from the main client and probably lags behind and gets the least attention, or if they keep it as a unified code base, then we are likely to see hints of its existence leak out in strings or other metadata in the Windows client files some time. Last time I ran GNU strings over all the files I didn't find any mention of Linux anywhere, but I did find mention of Mac OS/X.

Don't mean to sound like a party pooper or anything as I want to see a Linux client also, but I don't have much faith that it is happening any time soon, and I don't think they're going to release the libraries or anything else in piecemeal either for various reasons.
skeletonbow: I don't think they're going to release the libraries or anything else in piecemeal either for various reasons.
What reasons exactly? As I said, I don't really care about the client so much (though I'd be interested in working on some open variant of it), but games that are blocked from coming out on GOG is already serious.

skeletonbow: Do they even have Linux developers on staff yet?
Not sure about Galaxy team. This position is still open: http://en.cdprojektred.com/jobs/software-engineer-gog/
Post edited July 01, 2017 by shmerl
muntdefems: And while we're at it, if this also means many Linux users discover that there's gaming life outside of Steam, all the better!
Indeed, there is gaming life out of Steam! I'm very impressed by what Itch.io is doing. It's rapidely growing, all seem to be DRM-Free ans guess what? They do have a cross-platform and even open-source client!! We did not even had to keep aksing for one, it was already on Linux. That is a company being respectful towards its custumers.

I'm not affiliated to Itch.io. It's just that after seveval years of waiting and asking repeatedly GOG to support Linux and seeing their obvious "Give your money and shut up, you insignifiant Linux user." (yes it does feel like an insult for many of us). It's a great pleasure to have a DRM-Free, Linux friendly store.

GOG, i want to take a bet :) I bet that in a not so long future, you'll accept DRM, and that Galaxy will become just as Steam (not in the good way).
GOG.com: Update 1.2 brings Universal Cloud Saves, the option to fully customize the Client to your needs, and much more!

NOTICE: The update is now live for everyone. Make sure to check it out and tell us what you think!

GOG Galaxy, our gamer-friendly Client, is coming out of beta with a major new update that greatly improves and enriches the user experience by introducing many long-awaited features. Let's take a closer look at some of them:

The highlight of Update 1.2 is, of course, the Universal Cloud Saves. This new feature makes it possible to add cloud saving functionality not only to new games but also to titles that never offered cloud saving before. Thanks to this, excellent games like Planescape: Torment, Heroes of Might & Magic® III, or Vampire®: the Masquerade - Bloodlines gain the benefits of saves syncing and cloud backup for the first time ever. Of course, if you prefer to keep your precious saves close at hand, your data is still saved locally for you to use, while GOG Galaxy also lets you download a backup of your saves at any time.

This huge Update introduces the option to customize the Client to your needs by selecting which features you want to use. In addition, there is a brand new hibernate mode that cuts down on Client CPU usage while playing a game and saves resources as well as battery life when idling in the background. We also went through the GOG Galaxy community wishlist and packed Update 1.2 with some of the most-requested features, including bandwidth limiting and scheduling, FPS counter, screenshot capturing, a sleek in-game overlay, achievement rarity, desktop and in-game notifications system, a new chat, and more!

The GOG Galaxy Update 1.2 is now available for all users. To download GOG Galaxy or see what’s new and improved visit <span class="bold">GOG.com/Galaxy</span>.
If you run into any issues, feel free to submit them <span class="bold">here</span>.
GOG.com: Update 1.2 brings Universal Cloud Saves, the option to fully customize the Client to your needs, and much more!

Can you please bring back the downloader links that have existed for years and years. I do now want to use your crappy Galaxy program.
When will you add Linux support to Galaxy?

There's a lot of people using Steam on Linux right now, and they are more than willing to pay for games on Linux platform.
There is a version of GOG Galaxy for Windows and for Mac. Linux audience though is being thrown under the bus. Why?
drequivalent: When will you add Linux support to Galaxy?

There's a lot of people using Steam on Linux right now, and they are more than willing to pay for games on Linux platform.
There is a version of GOG Galaxy for Windows and for Mac. Linux audience though is being thrown under the bus. Why?
Look at the percentage of those Steam Linux users you mention in the link below. That's why.

https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey