It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Beamdog also removed the original games from the store. They blamed it on WOTC at first, and then on GoG. It backfired and they had to make a "clarification" post right here on GoG a year later.

+ They removed the soundtracks from the extras and are now selling them separately. If that isn't being a parasite, I don't know what is.
Stig79: Beamdog also removed the original games from the store. They blamed it on WOTC at first, and then on GoG. It backfired and they had to make a "clarification" post right here on GoG a year later.

+ They removed the soundtracks from the extras and are now selling them separately. If that isn't being a parasite, I don't know what is.
Well, they/Beamdog, are the closest thing to a SCAMMER. And it's not a mere user here, but an entire company...
low rated
Stig79: Beamdog also removed the original games from the store. They blamed it on WOTC at first, and then on GoG. It backfired and they had to make a "clarification" post right here on GoG a year later.

Yeah It's rude of Beamdog and Overhaul Games to be selling the tracks they HAVE NOTHING TO DO with the ORIGINAL ARTISTS of those tracks.
that is almost like piracy!

You are not going to believe Beamdog has it's very own CLIENT like steam is!

Beamdog Client is an online-based game software program (similar to Steam), which allows players to keep their games up to date with the latest fixes and enhancements. It also allows players access to the latest content from Beamdog, as well as a forum for testing or providing game feedback.

Ridiculous!
Post edited January 20, 2018 by fr33kSh0w2012
I have only read the first post...

I have to say that, even tho I dislike Beamdog and wrote tons of messages against them, I do not approve mixes like that to be part of GOG.
low rated
paladin181: The problem is the reviews like that don't help any users identify problems on this current release or any changes made. Review system is broken, and nostalgia 5***** reviews from people who don't even own the GOG version of the game are not helpful at all.
Starmaker: There's a difference between reviews that are unhelpful to some extent ("loved the original" is still greater than zero bytes of info, considering it's for all intensive porpoises the same game) and comments on things that don't have anything to do with the quality of the game at all. "Don't buy this game A because these very same developers don't update their other game B" is valid. "Don't buy this game A because the developers are Jews and I hate Jews" is not.
*intents and purposes

Is that what you meant?
Post edited January 20, 2018 by fr33kSh0w2012
low rated
GreasyDogMeat: Your prejudice is showing.
Oh sure, it's solidifying as we speak. Without evidence, you make the blanket statement that the developers censored "valid criticism" from their own forums — in a thread that keeps calling the undeniably insulting and wildly hyperbolic slander posted by a community member (slander that was created in a channel not meant for such contributions, wasn't according to forum guidelines and in my opinion crossed the verge of the litigable) "valid criticism" just as well.

Maybe not the best place to raise such an argument, right?

And, no I really don't care what parts of that criticism were possibly valid to begin with (and/or were later added after the "oh no SJWs in OUR industry" review bombing). Because it's not my hobby to take a giant sieve to runny crap just to filter valid criticism from the rubble of alt-right dystopian fantasies. Because it's not my hobby to scrape valid criticism somewhere off the rusty spearhead that gamergate remnants are ramming into the industry's most vulnerable parts. In this here thread, the well of that criticism is wholly poisoned. The "Beamdog is the parasite" gog mix showed exactly that toxicity in the brightest possible colors, it pitched an invalid form of criticism.

It was rejected as such.
Post edited January 20, 2018 by Vainamoinen
Calling Beamdog company a parasite is not a slander, it's just a pure fact. They take a perfectly good product (which with mods is even better), add "EE " to the title and call it a day while at the same time they remove original creators as was the case with Planescape Torment. They've been around for almost 9 years now and to this day they've only made mods and no original content. Siege of Dragonspear is nothing more than a shitty mod that sold very poorly and it's no wonder that after that fiasco they haven't made anything as "ambitious" as this but instead went after Planescape Torment and now Neverwinter Nights.

Anyway, the most disturbing thing in all this is GOG fanboyism and double standards. For some reason GOG is being defended for censoring and removing a perfectly viable GOGmix list that was around for almost a year. They (GOG) haven't given any explanation other than "this is our site and we don't have to explain ourselves" and they just prefer to sweep it under the rug, the sooner the better. In reality it's a slippery slope and as I've said, sooner or later some of you apologists will stand on the other side of this but then there will be dozens other fanboys who will downvote your posts and will ignore even most logical arguments.

Also, someone in this thread here said that even though Beamdog is a pathetic company a list that can hurt them shouldn't exist. WTF? Firstly, why would a list like that hurt them? A product is either good or it's not and a GOGmix would be one of the last things one would take into account when buying a product. Secondly, even if somehow a company would be affected, people who work at gaming companies wouldn't have problems finding a better job. Proof of this was the lead for P:T EE who changed his job soon after P:T EE release. So why was this list removed really?

goral: If you don't want to discuss it then why are you responding to my posts? Fuck logic.
MarkoH01: I was hoping that you would continue the discussion bringing new arguments to the table but instead you ignore all that has been said before and are simply demanding things that are just not reasonable imo. That's why I finally decided to stop continuing this argumentation from my side (I don't like ruinning in circles).

(And this is just an explanation for the fact I don't want to discuss this anymore not a try to continue the discussion instead - so I don't expect you to reply).
I have been bringing arguments and you're the one who's ignoring them. But not only you, it seems a way to deal with GOG criticism is just by downvoting a critic and saying "funny" one-liners like Breja.

Anyway, if you think that demanding for my list to be brought back or at least renamed is unreasonable and if you can't see that such censorship and letting even such small companies as Beamdog dictate the terms is a slippery slope then yeah, we have nothing to discuss.
Post edited January 20, 2018 by goral
high rated
goral: I have been bringing arguments and you're the one who's ignoring them. But not only you, it seems a way to deal with GOG criticism is just by downvoting a critic and saying "funny" one-liners like Breja.
That is the reason I wanted to quit this discussion - it will never end. But if you really insist:

You said, that they did not reply
I told you that they did
you said that this was just PR
I said that nobody would tell you more
You said you demand an official reply

See the circle we are running in? And yes, I did not ignore your arguments at all as shown above.

And just to make it clear: I never downvote any posts as long as people don't start to insult others. The fact that your posts are downvoted could also mean that most people think you are wrong. That of course does not MAKE your opinion wrong but it might be a sign to overthink it.

goral: Anyway, if you think that demanding for my list to be brought back or at least renamed is unreasonable and if you can't see that such censorship and letting even such small companies as Beamdog dictate the terms is a slippery slope then yeah, we have nothing to discuss.
And here is the other argument you ignored. adaliabooks AND PaterAlf both confirmed that it is techniocally not POSSIBLE to rename your list so there is only the alternnative for GOG to bring it back the way it was (which they will never do given the fact that it obviously annoyed their partners) or let you make a new one with a different name. They offered you all they could and if you cannot understand this we really have nothing to discuss. Let me remind you that I did not want to be in this discussion any longer and only posted this because you asked me to.
Post edited January 20, 2018 by MarkoH01
low rated
goral: I have been bringing arguments and you're the one who's ignoring them. But not only you, it seems a way to deal with GOG criticism is just by downvoting a critic and saying "funny" one-liners like Breja.
MarkoH01: That is the reason I wanted to quit this discussion - it will never end. But if you really insist:

You said, that they did not reply
I told you that they did
you said that this was just PR
I said that nobody would tell you more
You said you demand an official reply

See the circle we are running in? And yes, I did not ignore your arguments at all as shown above.

And just to make it clear: I never downvote any posts as long as people don't start to insult others. The fact that your posts are downvoted could also mean that most people think you are wrong. That of course does not MAKE your opinion wrong but it might be a sign to overthink it.

goral: Anyway, if you think that demanding for my list to be brought back or at least renamed is unreasonable and if you can't see that such censorship and letting even such small companies as Beamdog dictate the terms is a slippery slope then yeah, we have nothing to discuss.
MarkoH01: And here is the other argument you ignored. adaliabooks AND PaterAlf both confirmed that it is techniocally not POSSIBLE to rename your list so there is only the alternnative for GOG to bring it back the way it was (which they will never do given the fact that it obviously annoyed their partners) or let you make a new one with a different name. They offered you all they could and if you cannot understand this we really have nothing to discuss. Let me remind you that I did not want to be in this discussion any longer and only posted this because you asked me to.
No, I didn't say they "didn't reply", I said that GOG are cowards and won't even respond here and explain why was my GOGmix deleted (and why so late) other than "because we can". Learn to read or just don't post and don't embarrass yourself. As for the "they won't tell you more", with that attitude and such adamant defense of GOG why would they? If users don't give a shit then GOG is safe and they can do whatever they want.

And you're wrong, renaming a GOGmix is technically possible, in fact it's very easy but the fact that GOG moderator doesn't have privileges to do so is an entirely different matter. And yeah, don't use terms you don't understand because technically it's possible to make a hole lengthwise through a 0.5 mm pencil lead that's 60 mm long, it's just very difficult. But renaming a GOGmix isn't difficult if you have the right access (which people who work for support might not have, it's hard to say when no GOG employee has responded here to confirm/deny this).
goral: No, I didn't say they "didn't reply", I said that GOG are cowards and won't even respond here and explain why was my GOGmix deleted (and why so late) other than "because we can". Learn to read or just don't post and don't embarrass yourself. As for the "they won't tell you more", with that attitude and such adamant defense of GOG why would they? If users don't give a shit then GOG is safe and they can do whatever they want.
I highly doubt that I am the one who is embarassing myself here - but I might be wrong. So you did not say that "they did not reply" you simply said that "they did not respond here" - sorry, but I fail to see the difference. They answered your question and you even quoted this long reply including a valid reason (other than "because we can") in polish which than has been translated and corrected from you and so on. So yes, that is a reply for me.

They won't tell you more because they CANNOT tell you more. What is it you want to hear from them? Our partner approached us and asked us to not let the GOGmix stay there with this name so we had to remove it ... and now? Would that make you feel better? Your list would still be gone. The only thing GOG is probably not telling you is that they were approached from their partners which ALSO is completely logical given the fact that they are BUSINESS PARTNERS.

goral: And you're wrong, renaming a GOGmix is technically possible,
I don't know a thing about this but I trust PaterAlf if he saying it is not on his end and I KNOW for a fact that it is not technical possible if adaliabooks is saying it.

goral: And yeah, don't use terms you don't understand because technically it's possible https://youtu.be
/pCtWPbTDbuY]to make a hole lengthwise through a 0.5 mm pencil lead that's 60 mm long[/url], it's just very difficult. But renaming a GOGmix isn't difficult if you have the right access (which people who work for support might not have, it's hard to say when no GOG employee has responded here to confirm/deny this).
I meant what I said in the way I said it. Believe me I know the difference between impossible and difficult. And now I am out for good because this is Kindergarten nothing more. Have fun with your ranting and maybe, just maybe one day you will grow up and see how a business is working. Over and out for good!
goral: Calling Beamdog company a parasite is not a slander, it's just a pure fact. They take a perfectly good product (which with mods is even better), add "EE " to the title and call it a day while at the same time they remove original creators as was the case with Planescape Torment.
So, is Night Dive Studios also a parasite? Take System Shock, add a mod on it, ask for System Shock Portable to be taken down, then sell the game as System Shock Enhanced Edition and call it a day. Sorry, almost forgot, also ask for funds to develop System Shock (2018).
And similar cases to a ton of other games NDS publishes as well.
low rated
goral: No, I didn't say they "didn't reply", I said that GOG are cowards and won't even respond here and explain why was my GOGmix deleted (and why so late) other than "because we can". Learn to read or just don't post and don't embarrass yourself. As for the "they won't tell you more", with that attitude and such adamant defense of GOG why would they? If users don't give a shit then GOG is safe and they can do whatever they want.
MarkoH01: I highly doubt that I am the one who is embarassing myself here - but I might be wrong. (...)
lol
Seems to me you doubt yourself rather strongly :].
MarkoH01: So you did not say that "they did not reply" you simply said that "they did not respond here" - sorry, but I fail to see the difference.
Yes, that's another reason to not talk with someone who can't think logically. If you fail to see the difference I pity you.

goral: Calling Beamdog company a parasite is not a slander, it's just a pure fact. They take a perfectly good product (which with mods is even better), add "EE " to the title and call it a day while at the same time they remove original creators as was the case with Planescape Torment.
JMich: So, is Night Dive Studios also a parasite? Take System Shock, add a mod on it, ask for System Shock Portable to be taken down, then sell the game as System Shock Enhanced Edition and call it a day. Sorry, almost forgot, also ask for funds to develop System Shock (2018).
And similar cases to a ton of other games NDS publishes as well.
This thread is about Beamdog and GOG but I can answer - yes, they are parasites too, so? Has GOG deleted another list or are you just mentioning this because you also don't like to follow logic?

Also, NDS is way better than Beamdog if only because they at least do not remove original creators from the site (see Black Isle studios being replaced with Beamdog) and give credit where credit is due.
JMich: So, is Night Dive Studios also a parasite? Take System Shock, add a mod on it, ask for System Shock Portable to be taken down, then sell the game as System Shock Enhanced Edition and call it a day.
Funny you should mention that. The Looking Glass fanbase had some less than favourable things to say to Night Dive once they sent out their cease & desist letter:

The laws that you are using now to make money from their and our work were once put in place to protect creative workers and those who invested in their endeavours to ensure that they get paid. But your company never created anything. "Night Dive" is just a device to misuse the legal system and fill Stephen Kick's pockets.
He didn't call them the P-word, but he's heavily implying it.

Both companies could be considered parasites in the sense that they were not involved in the original creation of these games, yet they're making money off of them. Night Dive is no stranger to dick moves either: Dragonsphere was a freebie here for years, until the Night Dive/Tommo-"conglomerate" Retroism got hold of the rights and now it's sold for $6. But that seems to be the exception, rather than the rule. I guess the main reason Night Dive gets a free pass is that they untangled some legal complications that led to these games being available legally again. The games in Beamdog's catalogue, on the other hand, were readily available for years and years at moderate prices and now they're hidden behind $20 paywalls (minus of course the seperately sold soundtracks that used to be a free bonus).

Since this is the second time you brought up Night Dive, what's the end goal of that argument? That someone should create a gogmix titled "Night Dive are also parasites of the industry"? Or a gogmix named "Beamdog are parasites of the industry (and dickheads too)"? Or are you saying that, lol, they're all parasites! Y'all need to chill!
Post edited January 20, 2018 by fronzelneekburm
Party hard!
goral: This thread is about Beamdog and GOG but I can answer - yes, they are parasites too, so? Has GOG deleted another list or are you just mentioning this because you also don't like to follow logic?
I'm asking this exactly because I like to follow logic. See a few posts above were another poster does not consider them parasites because (for them) parasites requires other things as well.
So I was actually curious as to whether you (personal you) consider NDS parasites or not. Nothing more, nothing less.
fronzelneekburm: Since this is the second time you brought up Night Dive, what's the end goal of that argument?
Basically, both companies have a similar method to games they publish: Acquire previous IPs, fix them up (or "fix" them up), then sell them for a higher price. Yet one is seen as a good company while the other as a shitty one. I'm curious as to why people have that different view of the two, or if they view both as equal.
Post edited January 20, 2018 by JMich