It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Lemon_Curry: So did the vote count for the other wish list entry survive the restoration unscathed?
plagren: Still claims I've voted for it (I haven't).
How utterly disappointing...
elcook: I see my last post started a discussion here (and even a new thread by kbnrylaec)! Discussion is always good, until we're not throwing insults at each other.

Let me clarify some things, because I was misunderstood, and most probably didn't state my thoughts clearly.

By saying that "GOG was the only DRM-free digital distributor" I meant the only let's call it "mainstream" distributor. And one that offers exclusively DRM-free games. While I really like what for example itch.io does for indie devs, 90% of their offer are really small projects (I'm not saying they are bad, to be clear!) - something way different than what you will find on GOG. And Humble, while it has a selection of DRM-free games, most of the catalogue is Steam keys.

As for GWENT, first of all it's still in beta and second of all it's an online only game, so yes it requires you to be online to play and GOG Galaxy is responsible for matchmaking and microtransactions if you wish to use them.
Humble's far more mainstream. It's even getting more attention than gog right now. GOG is known for it's acronym: Good Old Games. New DRM free games seem to give humble the priority. Now for reselling old games, gog does seem to be the mainstream provider of them. But, don't kid yourselves. Get off your high horse, because this arrogance just might be precisely why devs are having a hard time treating us on gog fairly, especially when i hear some games are getting updated more often on humble. If you treat them with this sort of attitude and pomp, then it's absolutely no wonder they make jokes about gog. who do you think you are?
elcook: I see my last post started a discussion here (and even a new thread by kbnrylaec)! Discussion is always good, until we're not throwing insults at each other.

Let me clarify some things, because I was misunderstood, and most probably didn't state my thoughts clearly.

By saying that "GOG was the only DRM-free digital distributor" I meant the only let's call it "mainstream" distributor. And one that offers exclusively DRM-free games. While I really like what for example itch.io does for indie devs, 90% of their offer are really small projects (I'm not saying they are bad, to be clear!) - something way different than what you will find on GOG. And Humble, while it has a selection of DRM-free games, most of the catalogue is Steam keys.

As for GWENT, first of all it's still in beta and second of all it's an online only game, so yes it requires you to be online to play and GOG Galaxy is responsible for matchmaking and microtransactions if you wish to use them.
kohlrak: Humble's far more mainstream. It's even getting more attention than gog right now. GOG is known for it's acronym: Good Old Games. New DRM free games seem to give humble the priority. Now for reselling old games, gog does seem to be the mainstream provider of them. But, don't kid yourselves. Get off your high horse, because this arrogance just might be precisely why devs are having a hard time treating us on gog fairly, especially when i hear some games are getting updated more often on humble. If you treat them with this sort of attitude and pomp, then it's absolutely no wonder they make jokes about gog. who do you think you are?
If GOG treats the developers the same as their customers, no wonder they don‘t want to bring/update their games here.
I guess their dev portal has as many bugs as the rest of this sad excuse of a webpage. I wouldn‘t want to fiddle around that.
Lifthrasil: You're not as free of competition as you would like to be! ;-)
which is good for us consumers of course, as much as I like and support GOG (despite my passive aggressive sarcasm on here sometimes).
From my perspective - I only play single player games - GOG is completely DRM-free.

I've been browsing the other stores (that also offer some or all DRM-free games). None of them offer many "non-indie" games that aren't also on Gog. I found 2: Bioshock and Overlord 2.

Well, times have changed. My favorite games in the past were "AAA" (RPG, adventure, RTS, mostly narrative driven, non-reflex-based games). Indie games used to be mostly amateurish and casual. Not anymore - the only AAA game I bought the last 8 years was Dragon Age: Inquisition.
kohlrak: ...especially when i hear some games are getting updated more often on humble. ...
Please show me five DRM-free games that are more often updated on Humble than on GOG. Situation might not be perfect here, but it is far worse on Humble. They even pulled some DRM-free builds from their customer's libraries after they were bought.
kohlrak: ...especially when i hear some games are getting updated more often on humble. ...
PaterAlf: Please show me five DRM-free games that are more often updated on Humble than on GOG. Situation might not be perfect here, but it is far worse on Humble. They even pulled some DRM-free builds from their customer's libraries after they were bought.
Yep, happened to me.

On the other hand that was Deadly Premonition, so taking it away might be seen as an act of kindness.
I still like GOG very much. A lot of people in here are much too harsh with their criticism.

The only thing that I really hate is the f***ing geoblocking of games. But apart from that I cannot thank GOG enough for their wonderful service to provide so many DRM-free games for purchase. I hate the DRM-plague, and without GOG'S efforts I wouldn't play games on PC anymore.
plagren: Still claims I've voted for it (I haven't).
Lemon_Curry: How utterly disappointing...
That's a good point. I didn't vote for that one either! But it pretends I did.
Post edited February 04, 2018 by Lifthrasil
Lemon_Curry: How utterly disappointing...
Lifthrasil: That's a good point. I didn't vote for that one either! But it pretends I did.
So I guess you both had to repeat your individual vote for the 'Be optional...' wish. That's acceptable I guess – however, still having your votes appear for the wrong wish is certainly not!

For the love of God, how hard can it be to restore the correct number of votes and at least making sure that none of the votes are registered in the wrong entry, GOG?!
Post edited February 04, 2018 by Lemon_Curry
tfishell: [...] (despite my passive aggressive sarcasm on here sometimes).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEbl-umsFOM
tfishell: [...] (despite my passive aggressive sarcasm on here sometimes).
HunchBluntley: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEbl-umsFOM
Mack Wahbag
elcook: ... And if you don't want to use GOG Galaxy, you don't have to. ...
That's actually completely true. I can testify for myself. Never used Galaxy, probably never will, can play all my GOG games.

However, the performance of GOG restoring this "lost" wish is still kind of abysmal, speed-wise and accuracy-wise.
elcook: ... And if you don't want to use GOG Galaxy, you don't have to. ...
Trilarion: That's actually completely true. I can testify for myself. Never used Galaxy, probably never will, can play all my GOG games.
I was forced to use Galaxy when Witcher 3's standalone installers weren't working for some reason... though I was probably the only person with that problem.
low rated
elcook: As for GWENT, first of all it's still in beta and second of all it's an online only game, so yes it requires you to be online to play and GOG Galaxy is responsible for matchmaking and microtransactions if you wish to use them.
Lifthrasil: And a good DRM-free multiplayer game would allow to set up own servers. Of course, they wouldn't be persistent, but one could still play a round of Gwent with friends. (With fixed card sets) ... But of course the real purpose of Gwent is making money by micro-transactions (a business practice that GOG used to scoff at). So of course setting up a private server for network play is not allowed. So the decision to make Galaxy mandatory for Gwent was a purely financial one. Not a technical requirement of multiplayer gaming.

But thanks for bugging the tech people until they restored the wish! I really appreciate that and I re-voted promptly.

And I really hope that Galaxy will become optional for Gwent as well, as soon as Gwent is out of beta. But I'll believe that when I see it.
Ooooh, he got told!