It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Cavalary: That front page looks nice.
Not sure what the marked dates on the chart are though, seem to be quite random?
Thanks! The dates are just the axis labels, I guess I need to improve it if it's confusing.
Cavalary: That front page looks nice.
Not sure what the marked dates on the chart are though, seem to be quite random?
Yepoleb: Thanks! The dates are just the axis labels, I guess I need to improve it if it's confusing.
Would be nice if they'd be relevant then, make it easier to look for a certain moment, say by marking the first of every month for games added relatively recently, or of every quarter for others.
Cavalary: Would be nice if they'd be relevant then, make it easier to look for a certain moment, say by marking the first of every month for games added relatively recently, or of every quarter for others.
I did just that! https://yepoleb.at/share/gogdb_charts2.png

Going down for planned maintenance soon! Might take a little longer than unusual this time.
Nice! And thank you.
The new home page is nice, more informative, thanks!

backups_v3/products
Let be clear, the download speed desires to wish for better. Right now, 2022-06-08 13:30 PM UTC, I'm getting 10-30 KBps while all the others do 2.5 MBps (my plan's limit). May some CDN be used, minimum for the last TAR.XZ, perhaps?

backups_v3/manifests
Is it updated once a day or literally current? Approximations show it might take up to 3 days to download. What will happen if the file gets updated right in the middle of a download? Wouldn't it be possible to pack yearly for not 2022, then segment-pack by month-day, finally packing all the month by the end of itself, 12 months by the end of a year? Standalone, each day has only itself, not the previous days.

Userscript
It can be more user-friendly to write near the link or inside that the script needs browser add-ons like "Violentmonkey" to work, to provide links to Chrome/Firefox's pages of an add-on.
Post edited August 06, 2022 by wonderheart
wonderheart: The new home page is nice, more informative, thanks!
Thanks!

wonderheart: backups_v3/products
Let be clear, the download speed desires to wish for better. May some CDN be used, minimum for the last TAR.XZ, perhaps?
I'm getting the full 50Mbit of my connection and got even higher speeds at my last place. If your ISP has bad peering with Hetzner, try a VPN. If more people have problems with the connection I could set up a special Cloudflare domain, but I don't like using them in general because of the way they monopolize traffic.

wonderheart: backups_v3/manifests
Is it updated once a day or literally current? What will happen if the file gets updated right in the middle of a download?
It is updated together with the product data backup once a day. If it gets updated in the middle of the download you might still be able to download it because Linux keeps the old file open. But this is not a good idea anyway because you're very likely to lose the connection at some point. If you want to download the file in parts, just download the files individually directly from GOG, the tar does not apply any compression. Are you sure you even need them? They're just file lists for builds.

wonderheart: Userscript
It can be more user-friendly to write near the link or inside that the script needs browser add-ons like "Violentmonkey" to work, to provide links to Chrome/Firefox's pages of an add-on.
Good idea, I'll do that.
Yepoleb: I'm getting the full 50Mbit of my connection and got even higher speeds at my last place. If your ISP has bad peering with Hetzner, try a VPN.
You know, I am using either a non-well-known private VPN (current), SSH's Socks5 or, previously, ProtonVPN, for over 10 years. 24/7. Not out of good life, it's a necessity because too much is blocked.

The mentioned speed occurs on BuyVM's Netherlands server, Quad9's DNS over HTTPS is used on top. The speed is the same on my native non-VPN, according to a single test. Making an SSH Socks5 connection to Hetzner, of all things, placed in Gunzenhausen/Bayern/Germany, initializing from the BuyVM server, bizarrely improved the speed to 2.4-4.1 Mbps (300-520 KBps) which is better. Without BuyVM in the chain is 2-2.8 Mbps (250-350 Kbps). From my point, based on 3 sources, it seems no 50 Mbps (6.25 MBps) to be found.

That rises a question: Are you sure your two places are not the only ones on the planet who have good peering? Not unlikely many parts of the world have the same with GOGdb.
Post edited August 08, 2022 by wonderheart
wonderheart: That rises a question: Are you sure your two places are not the only ones on the planet who have good peering? Not unlikely many parts of the world have the same with GOGdb.
I don't appreciate your bold comments. You come here expecting me to implement features and diagnose your speed issues and pay for a CDN while acting like I have no idea about how networking works on a bigger scale. Hetzner is among the biggest hosters in Europe. If some ISP has bad peering with it that's for a big part on them. Unless more people come forward complaining about connection speeds and there's a clear picture of what's the problem I will not do anything about it.
I'm in California, USA and having no connection speed issues. :)
wonderheart: backups_v3/products
Let be clear, the download speed desires to wish for better. Right now, 2022-06-08 13:30 PM UTC, I'm getting 10-30 KBps while all the others do 2.5 MBps (my plan's limit). May some CDN be used, minimum for the last TAR.XZ, perhaps?
Yepoleb: Unless more people come forward complaining about connection speeds and there's a clear picture of what's the problem I will not do anything about it.
Hi Yepoleb and wonderheart, about download speed:

I tested the download from /backups_v3/products/2022-08
- gogdb_2022-08-06.tar.xz
- gogdb_2022-08-07.tar.xz

Were fast.

So i tested /backups_v3/manifests
- manifests_current.tar

Also fast, according to my internet connection, see attached image.

Hope this helps.

------------------------------

P.S. @Yepoleb, I'm very happy about your GOG DB latest news and improvements, thank you so much again! :)
Attachments:
Yepoleb: I don't appreciate your bold comments.
I hugely don't appreciate when a person boldly doesn't re-verify and reads what there is not. Objectivity always tops subjectivity.

No user's message, any small forum test sample, none is an objective checkable measurement per se. The real measure of quality would be to check it oneself with multiple public or private remote servers in different locations and different providers, then evaluate. No shortage of free access points. It doesn't cease to surprise me someone with a programming background will not algorithmize it in the mind to grasp reality.

One might like to shoot me the messenger, but this is plain wrong.

Yepoleb: You come here expecting me to implement features and diagnose your speed issues
I don't! You totally misunderstood the point and misread everything in own desire to drop it off the cliff. A suggestion or an offer is not a call to duty, the same way seeing a ticket to an airplane doesn't equal flying the airplane, and talking about a train doesn't mean riding. And I don't need your "diagnoses" even for free.

Yepoleb: pay for a CDN
I have not said "pay," this is 100% yours. Bunkr's CDN is totally free, etc, Cloudflare until a certain limit too. The quoted clearly was made up and comes from the teenager maximalist point of doing all on the gigantic CDN, which isn't very economical thinking. I bare no responsibility for thinking not economically or conservative.

Yepoleb: Hetzner is among the biggest hosters in Europe.
Quantity is not quality. Microsoft is big, doesn't make its infamous Windows very good. This argument on appealing to the size is so absurd.

Yepoleb: Unless ... there's a clear picture of what's the problem I will not do anything about it.
It's clear you made your mind and will take any familiar subjectivity over the values of what programmers usually cherish. Neither care to make the site more useful to keep track on downloadable new releases of new games for collectors, clearly, not a iota; Nor resolving known old bugs, design missteps, nothing on it too. Only the sea of excuses prevails, spiced by "reading" what is not in the messages.

Don't want to see so much, forget it all or that I even existed. The matter is closed.
Post edited August 08, 2022 by wonderheart
Me waking up for another day of being an unprofessional programmer
https://tenor.com/view/ronaldo-chug-chocolate-drink-gif-21574013
Good additions to the home page, an easy way to look at what's new, popular and discounted, awesome work!
BIG THANKS again, for your great ongoing contribution, for those like myself that much appreciate it.

Yepoleb you are a champion. :)
Yepoleb: ...
If I wanted to fetch the Boxart images from GOG DB to use with my script, what would be the best way to go about it?
My current method of getting them from GOG no longer seems to be working for some reason and I can't find the proper one I should be using and since you already collate it on GOG DB it's probably easier to just get it there.

Edit:
Nevermind, I believe I've figured it out and fixed it.
Post edited August 19, 2022 by adaliabooks