It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

anzial: You mind unpacking this statement because I didn't get it lol
Looks like others have explained for me, though that final paragraph of mine was really just an example, and it was the first section in my reply that was important, where the seemingly same game file can have two different checksums, depending on whether it is the Galaxy variant installer or the Offline one. Galaxy can download both types.

By the way, you don't have to use gogrepo.py to download your games, but it can be used to create a manifest containing the respective MD5 values for all the games in your GOG library, most goodies or extras aside. In fact I often use the third party program Free Download Manager 5 to get my offline game files, and then check the downloads against what my program GOGRepo Simple GUI obtains using gogrepo.py. Or if you want to avoid Python altogether, you can try one of my other programs, GOGPlus Download Checker, that checks internal MD5 values, which is much slower.
I'm trying to figure out a way to restructure the changelog entries. I for sure want to bundle name, version and size changes for a single download instead of showing 3 separate entries. But I am thinking about going even further and getting rid of the concept of changing downloads and just treating every version as a new download altogether. Nobody cares about the difference if an old download got replaced or it still exists, they just want to know when and if the new version was added. On the same note, does anyone care about when an old download was removed? I'm also considering not showing these entries at all. Please tell me why you look at the changelog, what interests you about it and how you would like things to be displayed. Any insight will be appreciated!
Yepoleb: I'm trying to figure out a way to restructure the changelog entries. I for sure want to bundle name, version and size changes for a single download instead of showing 3 separate entries. But I am thinking about going even further and getting rid of the concept of changing downloads and just treating every version as a new download altogether. Nobody cares about the difference if an old download got replaced or it still exists, they just want to know when and if the new version was added. On the same note, does anyone care about when an old download was removed? I'm also considering not showing these entries at all. Please tell me why you look at the changelog, what interests you about it and how you would like things to be displayed. Any insight will be appreciated!
I don't really use gogdb's changelog, but I do have some experience, which you might want to consider.

It is at times useful (or at least interesting) to know that an old download has been removed (and when). This is primarily the case when the download is removed without anything replacing it --- it could be a goodie/bonus item that GOG decides to remove from our libraries, or it can even be an installer (e.g. removing the 32-bit installer and leaving only the 64-bit one).

See here: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_lost_goodies. Without MaGog's records of removed goodies, I couldn't have recovered my lost goodies.
Yepoleb: I'm also considering not showing these entries at all. Please tell me why you look at the changelog, what interests you about it and how you would like things to be displayed. Any insight will be appreciated!
Uh oh.. I kinda need the extended changelog to detect modified bonuses (in any way).
Since there's no search on Gogdb, I parse every now and then the last ~200 pages with a script.
Please, don't remove such entries :\

(p.s: I can't use gogrepo directly for extras, since I prefer to extract & keep only the files I want)
Post edited November 24, 2020 by phaolo
Yepoleb: I'm trying to figure out a way to restructure the changelog entries.
I kind of like how they are right now :). I've always said I think you've done a very good job of presenting the information you're collecting, so there's no need to reinvent the wheel IMHO.
Post edited November 24, 2020 by WinterSnowfall
phaolo: Uh oh.. I kinda need the extended changelog to detect modified bonuses (in any way).
Since there's no search on Gogdb, I parse every now and then the last ~200 pages with a script.
Please, don't remove such entries :\

(p.s: I can't use gogrepo directly for extras, since I prefer to extract & keep only the files I want)
Noooo, no parsing GOG DB please! Tell me what you need and I will implement an API or a proper site.

So far the impression I've gotten is to leave all the types of entries but I'm still going to overhaul the rendering a bit.
Yepoleb: Noooo, no parsing GOG DB please! Tell me what you need and I will implement an API or a proper site.
So far the impression I've gotten is to leave all the types of entries but I'm still going to overhaul the rendering a bit.
Ah lol don't worry, I only parse it slowly for a few minutes once in a while ; )

If you allowed a search feature tho, it would be neat.
I'd need to list all entries related to bonuses from a X date, possibly grouped by game+bonus, but surely ordered from old to new.

For example, with my script I get something like this (cleaned up here):
--
Godhood - Deluxe Edition
Added download - Bonus, Artbook
Added download - Bonus, soundtrack (MP3)
--
GoNNER
Removed download - Bonus, soundtrack (FLAC)
Added download - Bonus, GoNNER Soundtrack (FLAC)
--
Crystal Caves HD
Added download - Bonus, Crystal Caves Classic Windows
--
Divinity: Original Sin 2 - Divine Ascension
Changed download size - Bonus, concept arts
Changed download size - Bonus, artbook
--
etc..
Post edited November 29, 2020 by phaolo
Yepoleb: [..]
Ah, another request:
in the games pages, is it possible to avoid that using the menu (Prices - Details - Downloads - Builds - Media - Changelog) will save each tab in the browser history?
Going "back" to the search page becomes a bit inconvenient otherwise.
Post edited November 25, 2020 by phaolo
phaolo: If you allowed a search feature tho, it would be neat.
I'd need to list all entries related to bonuses from a X date, possibly grouped by game+bonus, but surely ordered from old to new.
Great suggestion, makes a lot of sense.

phaolo: Ah, another request:
in the games pages, is it possible to avoid that using the menu (Prices - Details - Downloads - Builds - Media - Changelog) will save each tab in the browser history?
Going "back" to the search page becomes a bit inconvenient otherwise.
That's most likely possible.

On the topic of searching, what were the most common searches people used MaGog for? Now that it's shutting down I have no problem directly asking how to copy it :D.
Yepoleb: On the topic of searching, what were the most common searches people used MaGog for? Now that it's shutting down I have no problem directly asking how to copy it :D.
Hehe, please do!
Some searches I saved:

- promo_for_me
price discount >=50%, price<=10, stars>=3.5, tags=not owned
sort=price current (desc), title (asc)

- changed_bonuses
downloads changed date >=X, tags=owned
sort=title (asc)

- owned_serials_gogmsg
downloads=serials, tags=owned
sort=title (asc)

- best_indie_year
release date range, devpub=indie, stars>=3.8
sort=stars (desc), release date (desc)
Post edited November 26, 2020 by phaolo
Yepoleb: On the topic of searching, what were the most common searches people used MaGog for? Now that it's shutting down I have no problem directly asking how to copy it :D.
Had she known that there was someone willing to take her place, MaGog would have left a long time ago. Good luck.
mrkgnao: Had she known that there was someone willing to take her place, MaGog would have left a long time ago. Good luck.
Oh no, I'm not looking to make a replacement. There's plenty of stuff in MaGog that I don't want to deal with. I'd just include some of the features if they're simple to implement. Also GOG DB has been on life support for more than 2 years and I had serious doubts if I'd ever start working on it again, but at some point I came up with some neat programming concepts I wanted to try. Now that that's implemented finishing the project is already a struggle again, but I want to keep going and get as much done as possible.
No new code today, because I've been working on inspecting Galaxy! MarkoH01 asked me for help on something that required figuring out Galaxy stuff, so I booted up my Windows VM and got hacking (if anyone else has a difficult problem, feel free to ask as well). The first result has been the discovery of this URL that seems to be a very reliable data source, even for removed games.

https://gamesdb.gog.com/platforms/gog/external_releases/1446645514

There's also this post that came out of me inspecting all the HTTPS requests Galaxy made.

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/telemetry_in_gog_galaxy_20

Edit: I just noticed the gamesdb URL I linked references a FitGirl repack twice. Really makes you wonder where GOG gets its data from.
Post edited November 27, 2020 by Yepoleb
An endless treasure trove of information, you say? Hmmm... fire up the scanners, Scotty!
Some of the entries returned by this endpoint are classified as "type: spam". Any idea what that is supposed to mean? A Monty Python reference? :)