It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
All the best to Lone_Scout for taking on the Community Giveaway (and those volunteering to help him).

I just want to comment on one thing, there should be an amnesty for those on the banned list.
Not the obvious key-grabbing alts, they can fuck right off, but those whose behaviour let them down and got themselves banned. I think they deserve a second chance.
Post edited April 28, 2022 by Doc0075
Doc0075: I just want to comment on one thing, there should be an amnesty for those on the banned list.
Not the obvious key-grabbing alts, they can fuck right off, but those whose behaviour let them down and got themselves banned. I think they deserve a second chance.
I second this (well, except for the profanity).
Good luck, Lone_Scout.
Lone_Scout: Before starting a new thread and posting any rules, I'd like to ask your opinion about 3 points
*snip*
My 2 cents:

1) Whichever works, though the proposed 28/30 day cooldown does seem like more work for the GA admin (and volunteers).
2) Second this.
3) finkleroy always came across to me as level-headed and fair so the banned users must have done something to have earned them their spot on the banned list.

Best of luck Lone_Scout!
Doc0075: Not the obvious key-grabbing alts
This is definitely a problem. I wish there was a surefire way to detect more so we can limit those greedy abusers.
The reason why we discovered a few last time is because they made some mistakes (no point mentioning)
I'm sure there are still tons undetected.
Post edited April 28, 2022 by drxenija
high rated
We have a thread and a new title for it: The GOGmmunity Monthly Giveaway (thanks to Mister.Wolf and bler144 for providing me inspiration for the title)

It will be running shortly, as soon as I've posted the rules and gathered enough gifts in the vault for a start.
The date (but not the time) when the first list of keys is published will be announced, and will be in the month of May. Future keydrops will not be announced.

As our main donation shareholder and some of the people who were actually harassed by the offenders have given their positive vote on it, I've decided to give people who were banned for being rude a second chance. Consider this more of a parole than an amnesty: Any future offense will earn them a definitive ban.
The "No nominations for me" list will be cleared. If anyone wants to be put there, just let me know.

There will be no cooldowns. People don't like the idea and it will mean unnecessary extra work, so classic rules rule! :)

Thanks for your confidence and support, pals!
See you soon in this new edition of the Community GA!
Lone_Scout:
Thank you for picking up the banner, and so soon too. Hope you fully know what you're in for...

Oh, noticed that you didn't add that single game requested bar when you state the rule's temporarily lifted bit to the rules.
Lone_Scout: We have a thread and a new title for it: The GOGmmunity Monthly Giveaway (thanks to Mister.Wolf and bler144 for providing me inspiration for the title)
Well done Lone Scout. Best of luck!
You got this, Lone_Scout! :D
Lone_Scout:
Cavalary: Thank you for picking up the banner, and so soon too. Hope you fully know what you're in for...

Oh, noticed that you didn't add that single game requested bar when you state the rule's temporarily lifted bit to the rules.
It's mentioned in rule 5. Maybe I should post it in a separate rules, to make it clearer?
The rules have been quite literally copied from the previous edition. Some have been reordered or modified, but I might still edit a few things
Lone_Scout: Maybe I should post it in a separate rules, to make it clearer?
It could be easier to read and understand the rules, if they were divided into categories:

1. Key donations

2. User eligibility

5. Making a request

5.1. Ask in the thread. No requesting via PM unless you've already requested in the thread and I somehow missed it.
5.2. You can only request one key per post and requesting several gifts in order of preference is not allowed.

And so forth.)
Post edited April 29, 2022 by AlexTerranova
Thank you Lone_Scout for starting a new monthly giveaway! I will definitely check it out.
I wish it will be a positive experience for you and everyone involved.
Cavalary: Thank you for picking up the banner, and so soon too. Hope you fully know what you're in for...

Lone_Scout: It's mentioned in rule 5. Maybe I should post it in a separate rules, to make it clearer?
The rules have been quite literally copied from the previous edition. Some have been reordered or modified, but I might still edit a few things
Oh, indeed it is. Wonder how I missed that. Sorry!
It might be worth starting the very first post not with thanks and history, but with a short description of everything new users seem to always miss, e.g. "This is a giveaway of GOG games for and by active participants of the GOG forum; see below for available games and when you'd qualify to participate."

Of course, gog's default of jumping to the last page of the thread rather than the first one will still mean that most new people will miss it...

Maybe make the first post consist of nothing but that line (changing "below" to "the first page" with link), and then see if you can get it stickied - moving all other content down by one post? finkleroy tried the stickying approach a few times, but kept editing the post, removing the stickyness. But if the first post consists of nothing but that introduction, then you'd have no reason to edit it, so it should remain stickied for the entire lifetime of the thread.
Keys have been rolling in these days. Many thanks to the donors!

The first keys will be made available on the list on May 3rd (at an undetermined hour), thus effectively starting this new edition of the giveaway.

In the meanwhile, I might try to work on improving how the rules are displayed, to make them more understandable. Thanks for your advices on it. :)

Note: No other future keydrops will be announced. Stay tuned!
Post edited April 30, 2022 by Lone_Scout
Good of you to take over the giveaway, Good luck and have fun:)