It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'm a new player at BB. I play dwarfs. Before playing with Psyringe's wood elves I looked up dwarf vs wood elf strategies. All say the same thing. Stall the TD until the last turn. Without exception.

I was on turn 14 with the ball on his touch down line, the ball carrier in a box and he had 2 elves left on the pitch. So I said "fuck it, what can he do to me in two turns with two players" and I scored.
I made two mistakes there. First was that I was on turn 14, he was on 13, so he had 3 turns left, not two. Second mistake was that I "forgot" (actually I didn't really know how it works, I'm a newb) that the KO players will be back on the pitch if they pass a roll. So he had 6-7 players and 3 turns to equalize. He failed a dodge and I got to score again. I got lucky, it was a stupid move on my part. I should have listen to all the strategies telling me to score on the last turn.

So, dwarf stalling against elves is just smart strategy, he/she doesn't do it to piss someone off.
Post edited July 24, 2013 by Aningan
Custodians vs. the Anvil of Ice will start within minutes...

btw.
rcthedigitalhero: I'd like to point out as well that if you're not feeling super confident, I'm sure there are a few people in this league that would be more than willing to let you practice against them, or maybe even give you pointers so that you can improve/not get nearly as frustrated :)
as I said before... if someone wants to play training-games just add me via steam and give me a call. ^^"

Kick-Off
Post edited July 24, 2013 by chaos_panda
Aningan: -snip-

So, dwarf stalling against elves is just smart strategy, he/she doesn't do it to piss someone off.
Dwarfs live and die (well score or do not score) by long, delayed drives. 2 or even 3 turn TD by dwarves isnt exactly piece of cake, while the fast teams do not have much scoring in that time, if there is weakness in the defenders formation.

But in all honeysty, some teams have to play in "ugly way" to actually be succesfull - while some other teams can win in "cool way". That is to say any elven / skaven team that wins the opponent by dodging, passing and scoring is usually considered a good opponent (=does not destroy your team, despite winning you) ...while certain other teams like gobbos, halflings, khemri and naturally any brutal bashing team (like the dwarves) have the chance of destroying the team with CAS'es and fouls...which ofcourse many do not like.

..but honestly, thats the only style to play certain teams. Like Khemri - its all bashy-bashy and fouly-fouly inside tight cage. Game after game after game. There is simply no other possible way for the team to play. Or like halflings - the poor bastards must gang-foul to actually remove players from the pitch.

All the upper mentioned is ofcourse totally natural part of the game

>>> my earlier recommendation that anyone who is afraid of losing players, should stick to non-stunty & non-av7 teams till they overcome their fear of CAS'es ;)
My internet connection just blew...

Don't know why. Luckily the match ended before that happenes...

Dammit...

Summary and replay will come as soon as possible...

Bless the mobile internet through smartphone...

Edit:
Summary/Replay will come after my test-match against Rod or in a manner of speaking when he destroyed my team. ^^
Edit2:
Sry Rod. That damn internet connection blew again. -.-
I am preety sure that i would have get the 1:1. :(
Post edited July 25, 2013 by chaos_panda
chaos_panda: My internet connection just blew...

Don't know why. Luckily the match ended before that happenes...

Dammit...

Summary and replay will xome as soon as possible...

Bless the mobile. Internet through smartphone...

Edit:
Summary/Replay will come after my test-match against Rod or in a manner of speaking when he destroyed my team. ^^
Edit2:
Funnily enough, I was predicting a 2-1 win :)
It was 1-0 to me turn 10 when the connection dropped.
chaos_panda: Edit2:
Rodzaju: Funnily enough, I was predicting a 2-1 win :)
It was 1-0 to me turn 10 when the connection dropped.
I was thinking of the favour of the bold. XD

But thank you anyway for the game. At least I was shown how a skaven team could easily become totally beaten up.

As of now I still have no clue why the Internet connection blew. My router was working just fine as well as the Pc itself.

But the more important stuff:

My last game against the Anvil of Ice Norse.

I have to admit, I was a bit afraid to face them, because of that much Block and Frenzy on the field.

It was a great release that Haegr the Ogre didn't go down in turn 1 again. He managed to get through the whole game. At least until turn 16.
For the first time my Block/Wrestle Blitzer came in handy. He managed to wrestle one Player down until he got ko'd.

I got some decent defence up and Arnob had a hard time punching through. During the game the Custodians were able to take advantage of the lower av and I got the td-reward.

2nd half was very much the same, but without any noticeable highlights except, that my team is still not able to handle the ball properly.
I was able to defend a turn 16 td and b/c of the useless apo I gave 2spp away.

In the End lots of blood was spoiled and I surprisingly won with 1:0.

I upload the replay as soon as I am back at home from work.

---

Now I have a Catcher. Yeah! ^^ But my Ogre still has 0 SPP. How will that stupid thing ever get some decent skills?

Anrob got a Werewolf with Mighty Blow afterwards and I am kind of glade I played against him before that. ^^

(edited some bad writing here and there... ^^")
chaos_panda: -snip-
Anrob got a Werewolf with Mighty Blow afterwards and I am kind of glade I played against him before that. ^^
Ulfwerners rock - they were definitely my best players on season 1. Lots of CAS and even multiple TD's.

..the av8 can just keep them down every now and then :(
Post edited July 25, 2013 by iippo

As of now I still have no clue why the Internet connection blew. My router was working just fine as well as the Pc itself.
I contacted my provider. It seemed to be the weather. Sometimes I do hate that "higher powers". ^^"

Edit:
here is the promissed replay:

http://wikisend.com/download/887108/weekly_s2_d1_r5_chaospanda-anrob.db
Misfits vs. Big & Heavy Fists on now !
E_A: Misfits vs. Big & Heavy Fists on now !
and lots of blood on the field already ^^
E_A: Misfits vs. Big & Heavy Fists on now !
chaos_panda: and lots of blood on the field already ^^
Blood for the Bandage God!

...mm guess i have to take a peek whast going on then..
Mogrym Busty Bruisers crushed my skavens 4-0.
It was a single direction match. I don't think that I even managed to take the ball over half of the pitch.
The skavens were barely able to do anything against a superior opponent.
Replay here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ziortsbyn8unu0/weekly_s2_d1_r5_mefet-moggrym.db
Hope the link is accurate and the replay is of that match, is the first time I share with dropbox
Misfits won against the Big & Heavy Fists 3-1.
It was a bloody match. I have to replace a Blitzrat. Again. As soon as I have the gold. Said Blitzrat, Plagritt Poxx the 2nd, lost 1 AV (just as his predecessor) and the Apo offered to kill him.

All in all it was a fun match with Snots causing CAS, Snots flying around the pitch hitting rats in the face or doing a TD, Goblins passing the ball, crazy dodges left and right, tentacles holding a dodging Ogre, a rat being pushed into the audience and much more.
Post edited July 25, 2013 by Piranjade
As a preface I could bite myself in my own butt for handling the pre-game so sloppily, I didn't take a look at piranjade's roster, and I didn't even take a look at my own roster (I was convinced I ha donly one Ogre missing this game). I even had to do some last minute levelups right before the game, and on top of that I'd almost forgotten it was game night until Piranjade reminded me. I think I would've been able to draw if not win if I had gotten an ogre merc instead of babes.

I blame Borderlands 2.

Well, apart from that the match turned out to be quite something a heavily fought for 3-1 for Piranjade. I take consolation in having dished out a bit more hurt than I took, there were circa a dozen injuries in total.

The higlights are:
- Some very nice touchdowns by Piranjade
- 3 blitzes in one match!
- Lots of severe retardation on my tOgres
- A one turn thrown snot touchdown
-A thrown snot hitting a rat right in the face (withouth any damage though, but I swear one day it'll happen)
-Cyanide's superior coding making one of my ogres disappear from turn 6 to 8, I like to think he took Bob's lead and chatted up that nice elf girl next to big moot sandwiches
- Lots and lots of pain, including a snot blitz resulting in a -1 AV on a stormrat

i'd watch this replay if I were you.
Attachments:
Post edited July 25, 2013 by WBGhiro
This time Not Fluffies do not let anyone to toy with the score or weather. Local wizard was payed nice sum of money and snow covered the pitch soon. At the end humans won 3-0 and only the superb necromantic skills saved Wheredeamons from beying turn into dust.

replay: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxbakMxzh2PoN1BQRG4xWVgyNVk/edit?usp=sharing