It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hawk52: I really enjoyed the game.
I am glade to hear that. :)

Hawk52: If you get some Dodge on those Blitzers, you'll get pretty strong.
That came a minute to late. Now I have Lexandro with Guard. Thought it would be nice to have a bit more defence.

Don't know, but all the way down, the Wrestle on my Blitzer Gabriel felt pretty much useless. Saw that combination on SP-Teams and expected it to work just fine. PJ was right. :(

Another glimmer of light:
Because of his strong efforts Alarik now has Block as well. A toast to this brave Lineman.
---

After 3 matches - what would I change if I had to restart that human team? I guess I would start with a catcher to be more flexible. That is also the thing I like about the humans. I just have to learn to use that flexibility in the right moments. Hopefully I will see that day. :)
Post edited July 13, 2013 by chaos_panda
chaos_panda: Don't know, but all the way down, the Wrestle on my Blitzer Gabriel felt pretty much useless. Saw that combination on SP-Teams and expected it to work just fine. PJ was right. :(
I think block and wrestle overlap too much. ive seen some people to use them in combo - but i just feel youre "wasting a lvl" for very specific situation.

Not that i am some "authority" on BB :)
@iippo:
Yeah and the really bad thing about that is, when your are a newbie that wasted lvl is quiet a hard chunk to take. :(

I even considered to kick Gabriel out of the team and look for another Blitzer and start fresh on that one.
Post edited July 13, 2013 by chaos_panda
chaos_panda: @iippo:
Yeah and the really bad thing about that is, when your are a newbie that wasted lvl is quiet a hard chunk to take. :(

I even considered to kick Gabriel out of the team and look for another Blitzer and start fresh on that one.
just put him on LOS if you dont love him...

but i woukdnt kick. matches will eventually solve it for you and you have now change to play with block-wrestler - it does have its uses you know.
chaos_panda: @iippo:

One use for a wrestler Blitzer would be to use him to tie up a really dangerous opponent. A good example would be a Bull Centuar from the Chaos Dwarves. Use the wrestling Blitzer to stay near the Centaur as much as possible and continually take him down. BC have great movement, strength, and everything, but they don't have block or dodge at start. Wrestling's more of a tie up/annoy skill, but it has it uses. If the opponent has a Big Guy who has a negative to getting up (virtually all of them), you could suicide into them with Wrestle, take them down, and potentially eliminate them from the entire half when they can't get back up.

Another option would be to get him leveled up and take Tackle. Then he's a really dangerous opponent for anyone with Dodge or Stunty, which happens to be several of the stronger teams in the league. It completely negates their main offensive abilities with characters like Goblins, Snotlings, Skinks, or even my Halflings (Not that you need help with them). Because any character with Dodge + Stunty has the negative of being really, really fragile. With Tackle, you can take them out hard and fast, while Wrestle is mostly to contain the issue.

In general though, Block + Dodge is an incredible combination and any team with fast blitzing types (such as Amazon, Humans, Dark Elves, Norse, etc, etc) should probably aim for. Instead of a roll against them being a three out of six (Both Down, Defender Stumbles, Defender Down), it turns it into a one out of six (Defender Down), making whoever has "Bloge" an incredibly durable, tough, and annoying as hell opponent.
chaos_panda: -snip-
Hawk52: -snip-
wrestle + tackle is i believe the "sweeper", anti-blodge player who is especially useful on defence.

in general id give wrestle to weaker players, whose point is to tie up opponent - especially anyone with block. to put those dangerous block players on the ground and free pitch space for other players. >> usually everyone wants to keep their players standing, so not counting the "wreckle" i see that wrestles point is to tie more expensive opponent positional with less expensive cheaper wrestler. Or to make easier some hole on block heavy teams formation.

Its also worth to notice, that everyone is usually happy to block a player without block or wrestle. Also usually youre fine when you block someone with the block skill if you yourself have it as well - however, people usually dont want to block wrestle players so easily - because it can put you on ground. Ask any norse/dwarf coach what they think about wrestle heavy opponents.

wrestle isnt all that useful against big guys compared to block, as most of the big guys do not have block. ...however if they do happen to roll that double and gain block - then ofcourse its the wrestles job to put him on the ground.

==>> block - wrestle player is ofcourse good in the sense that he can choose whether to use block or wrestle against any given opponent. I think it -is- very good ability, but i dont think its good enough to use atleast a early lvl on.

I did consider taking wrestle on some norse as norse got the block as default, but never actually went to ahead with the idea. Norse have block in abudance, but have only generall skill access so i wrestle wouldnt be all that choice for them (remember low av..). Meanwhile dwarfs and orcs have usually strength access and whole lot of other, in my opinnion better skills to supplement block. well, who knows, i might take wrestle on some orc lino though.
Post edited July 13, 2013 by iippo

Blood Bowl Chaos Edition on Flash sale on steam for the next 8h. 7,5€
Post edited July 13, 2013 by iippo
Bummer that it doesn't cover the entirety of the Blood Bowl franchise...if Dungeonbowl was a part of that, it would be mine today.
Zeta: Bummer that it doesn't cover the entirety of the Blood Bowl franchise...if Dungeonbowl was a part of that, it would be mine today.
i bought myself three missing "Ys" games earlier from the flash sale - they were all on flash sale despite it didnt say like that on the front page. But yes Dungeon Bowl ultimate edition is still stuck at -50% = 8€. well, even if it doesnt come to flash ill probably pick it up later..
Zeta: Bummer that it doesn't cover the entirety of the Blood Bowl franchise...if Dungeonbowl was a part of that, it would be mine today.
iippo: i bought myself three missing "Ys" games earlier from the flash sale - they were all on flash sale despite it didnt say like that on the front page. But yes Dungeon Bowl ultimate edition is still stuck at -50% = 8€. well, even if it doesnt come to flash ill probably pick it up later..
Oh, for sure, I'll be grabbing Dungeonbowl by the end of the sale. I just got excited when I saw Blood Bowl was up on a flash, was hoping it applied across everything and not just the two standard BB games.
The match between the MooMooCows and the Scarlet Shadows will commence momentarily! Watch the brutality unfold!!
WereCrow: The match between the MooMooCows and the Scarlet Shadows will commence momentarily! Watch the brutality unfold!!
And in a scheduling clash, Dinosaurus will be playing Dodge 'n Runin about 15 mins.
The match between MooMooCows and Scarlet Shadows ended 2-0 for Chaos.

I put up a better fight than I thought I would given that I had 8 valid players and he has a great team, but the tone of the match was given when he managed to injure my star player MorgN'Thorg in the first turn.
His minotaur has a great game, causing quite a few injuries (including to my star player) and actually scoring a TD. At times like this, I kind of regret dark elves don't have a big guy.

Anyway, here's the replay.
The MooMooCows defeat the Scarlet Shadows 2-0!

In a blood match that even saw the mighty, never-smiling Minotaur, defeat the might All-Star player Morg'n'Thorg AND score a Touchdown in the same half, both teams fought valiantly but the Chaos gods clearly were on the Cow's side this time.

As stated the mighty Chaos Minotaur La Vache Qui Ne Rit Jamais, first punched his mutated,clawed fist right through Morgs amor and removed him from the game right in the beginning of the match. Later he would skillfully catch a fumbled ball and with it manage to blaze right into the endzone, shattering the ground as he smashed the spiked pigskin into the ground!

Beware the MooMooCows as the destruction of the entire first division has merely begun! *cue evil laughter and Iron Maiden \m/*

Casulties for the casulty god! Touchdowns for the touchdown throne!!

(replay http://wikisend.com/download/834238/Weekly_S2_D1_R3_Werecrow-Macrosnoir.db)
Post edited July 14, 2013 by WereCrow
I am at my relatives place for a week or so, so there may be some trouble for playing the match. However, it should not be totally impossible - if i know about the match(es) early enough. Ive send Michal message about this, hopefully we can arrange the match in time. ill be playing via my little brothers steam acco, but using my own BB account naturally.