It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

"l0rdtr3k" returned 74 posts
Clear search criteria
l0rdtr3k: Well peeps. I can't sleep,dwarves are not as easy to play as I thought, the demons want to get out of retirement next season and I still suck at Blood Bowl. So how are you guys doing?
I still 'suck' at blood bowl too. But I noticed that I improved a lot since the first season I played. I think it's great that we have players of all skill. Experienced players were we can learn a lot from. And beginners so we still have a chance to win now and then. I just wonder if it isn't boring for some players to play against us.
Hear, hear!

Applications for Season 6 are open!
There are spots for 24 coaches!
12 coaches per division. One match per week (so 11 matches until play-offs). 8 coaches (4 from each division) going into the play-offs at the end of the season.

"Season 6 is what we affectionately dub OPEN SEASON. This season will function much like Seasons 2 and 3, where returners will be grouped as equally across divisions as possible, but newbs and vets will share the same divisions as each other in an OPEN SEASON."

We're currently planning on having Season 6 start on the 19th (if everything goes smoothly).
You can apply with your team in-game now:

League name: 'GOG Weekly'
Owner: 'iipp0'
password: 'havefun'

1. Psyringe - Wood Elves - "Natural Disaster" - TV 1890 - returning - team submitted
2. Piranjade - Underworld - "Misfits" - TV 1810 - returning - team submitted
3. JudasIscariot - Chaos - "Rioting Punks" - TV 1700 - returning - team submitted
4. RCthedigitalhero - Lizardmen - "Raging Pink Lizards" - TV 1630 - returning - team submitted
5. Mainosmies - Chaos - "Dead Eye Berserkers" - TV 1340 - returning - team submitted
6. duder - Wood Elves - "mark it zero" - TV 1420 - returning - team submitted
7. l0rdtr3k - Necros - "Wheredemons" - TV 1460 - returning - team submitted
8. DodoGeo - Chaos - "Red Spiky Team" - TV 2150 - returning - team submitted
9. Cheongzewei - Pro Elves - "Get Hurt Kickers" - TV 1610 - returning - team submitted
10. Jolly - Orcs - "Jollys Liedeeler next gen" - TV - returning - team submitted
11. Zeta - Humans - "Armored Seagulls"- TV 2050 - returning - team submitted
12. Michal/kanarek - Skaven - "Sewer Swappers" - TV 1530 - returning - team submitted
13. Vitek - Lizardmen - "Screams of Frogs" - TV 1930 - returning - team submitted
14. MafiaK1 - Humans - "Double Redskulls" - TV 1850 - returning - team submitted
15. Ghiro - Ogres - "Big & heavy fists" - TV 2130 - returning - team submitted

16. Vohaul - Dark Elves - "Salvatore's Chosen" - TV 990 - new - team submitted
17. cnquist - Necros - "Underdoggies" - TV 1000 - new - team submitted
18. E_A - Norse - "Cutters" - TV 990 - new - team submitted
19. TwisterBE - Amazons - "-Antineirai-" - TV 1000 - new - team submitted
20. Afnord - Chaos Dwarves - "Deamon's Stump Hatters" - new - team submitted
21. iippo - Halflings - "Chefs of Destruction" - TV 890 - new - team submitted
22. Arnob - Goblins - "Very Wild Cards" - TV 880 - new - team submitted
23. CSPVG - Ogres - "Terror Mountain Trappers" - TV 1000 - new - team submitted
24. Necross - Humans - "Meat Puppets" - TV 1000 - new - team submitted

If we get even more new stunty teams (Halflings, Ogres, Goblins, Underworld without Skaven, Lizardmen without Sauri) I'll consider putting up an extra prize for the best new stunty team this season.

Questions? Ask them!
Post edited August 19, 2014 by Piranjade
SEASON 6 IS RUNNING!

Division 1

Returning teams(8):
Michal/kanarek - Skaven - "Sewer Swappers" - TV 1530 -
Jolly - Orcs - "Jollys Liedeeler next gen" - TV 2110
JudasIscariot - Chaos - "Rioting Punks" - TV 1700
duder - Wood Elves - "mark it zero" - TV 1420
Mainosmies - Chaos - "Dead Eye Berserkers" - TV 1340
MafiaK1 - Humans - "Double Redskulls" - TV 1850
Vitek - Lizardmen - "Screams of Frogs" - TV 1930
l0rdtr3k - Necros - "Wheredemons" - TV 1460

New teams (4):
TwisterBE - Amazons - "-Antianeirai-" - TV 1000
CSPVG - Ogres - "Terror Mountain Trappers" - TV 1000
Arnob - Goblins - "Very Wild Cards" - TV 880
E_A - Norse - "Cutters" - TV 990

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Division 2

Returning teams (7):
Cheongzewei - Pro Elves - "Get Hurt Kickers" - TV 1610
Ghiro - Ogres - "Big & heavy fists" - TV 2130
DodoGeo - Chaos - "Red Spiky Team" - TV 2150
Psyringe - Wood Elves - "Natural Disaster" - TV 1890
Piranjade - Underworld - "Misfits" - TV 1810
RCthedigitalhero - Lizardmen - "Raging Pink Lizards" - TV 1630
Zeta - Humans - "Armored Seagulls"- TV 2050

New teams (5):
iippo - Halflings - "Chefs of Destruction" - TV 890
cnquist - Necros - "Underdoggies" - TV 1000
Afnord - Chaos Dwarves - "Deamon's Stump Hatters"
Vohaul - Dark Elves - "Salvatore's Chosen" - TV 990
Necross - Humans - "Meat Puppets" - TV 1000

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check the in-game calendar to see who you're up against on all the match days.

There's a link to a document telling you the BB coach name and the Steam name of your opponent in the first post of this thread. The team name can also help you figuring it out.

Please contact your opponent as soon as possible.
If you see each other online on Steam - great. Arrange your match via Steam chat.
BUT in most cases it is better to send a PM here on GOG as some of us only very rarely use Steam.

All hail Nuffle!
May Season 6 be as bloody as he wishes!
Post edited August 19, 2014 by Piranjade
l0rdtr3k: Anybody can recommend me a team that is not necro so that I can play (Tier 1 only,no joke teams)
Which teams fall under "Tier 1" depends a bit on how long you plan to develop them and how well you can play them.
Next season is Reset Season which is good to start a fast team like Wood Elves and Skaven.
Orcs and Humans are very versatile and bring a bit more "punch" to the field.
If you're willing to develop a team for a longer time and accept that the first games will be very hard (and that you'll most likely loose them) Chaos, Lizardmen and Dark Elves are wonderful, but they all require some coaching skills to play them effectively.
I won't mention Dwarves because you already tried them and I hate Dwarves.
l0rdtr3k: You know, doesn't require advanced coaching to be good. Maybe Amazons or Norse falls under tier 1?
Piranjade: Which teams fall under "Tier 1" depends a bit on how long you plan to develop them and how well you can play them.
Next season is Reset Season which is good to start a fast team like Wood Elves and Skaven.
Orcs and Humans are very versatile and bring a bit more "punch" to the field.
If you're willing to develop a team for a longer time and accept that the first games will be very hard (and that you'll most likely loose them) Chaos, Lizardmen and Dark Elves are wonderful, but they all require some coaching skills to play them effectively.
I won't mention Dwarves because you already tried them and I hate Dwarves.
l0rdtr3k:
Orcs are supposedly beginner friendly from what I have heard.
l0rdtr3k: You know, doesn't require advanced coaching to be good. Maybe Amazons or Norse falls under tier 1?
Norse, no.
Amazons... They are a good team and I'm sure many people would say they are tier one but in my opinion they aren't fast enough short term to keep up with Skaven and Wood Elves and although they offer many different ways of development they suffer from their low AV long term.
But hey, that's only my opinion and we did have a champion amazon team in the league.
I know that for many tournament formats of table top Blood Bowl Amazons are considered a tier 1 team.

l0rdtr3k: I'll try either Orcs or Amazons because I need to train for the next season. And what better way to train than to make a campaing team?[
Read guides, watch matches (youtube, twitch or spectator mode), train a bit against the PC if you like but nothing replaces training against other humans.
Post edited September 15, 2014 by Piranjade
l0rdtr3k: I'll try either Orcs or Amazons because I need to train for the next season. And what better way to train than to make a campaing team?
If you want tier one I'd say Orcs, Undead, Humans or Skaven pretty much in that order.

Orcs: are beautiful allrounders with a bit of a punch.
Undead: are versatile and have the advantage that all roles are pretty clearly marked (Basher, Catcher, Fodder etc).
Humans: excellent allrounders but require some thought in development due to the fact that they are so flexible.
Skaven: Highly competative but if you play them wrong you will suffer greatly.
l0rdtr3k: I'll try either Orcs or Amazons because I need to train for the next season. And what better way to train than to make a campaing team?
E_A: If you want tier one I'd say Orcs, Undead, Humans or Skaven pretty much in that order.

Orcs: are beautiful allrounders with a bit of a punch.
Undead: are versatile and have the advantage that all roles are pretty clearly marked (Basher, Catcher, Fodder etc).
Humans: excellent allrounders but require some thought in development due to the fact that they are so flexible.
Skaven: Highly competative but if you play them wrong you will suffer greatly.
I somehow completely forgot about Undeads. You're right about them.
l0rdtr3k: Any news on Blood Bowl 2? Also, are halflings that bad?
Lets look at pros and cons

Pros:
Two ST6 Treemen without loner, with Mighty Blow
Treemen can throw team mate, with strong arm, They are the most reliable throwers (Bonehead on Ogres, Always Hungry and Really Stupid on Trolls.)
All halflings have dodge and stunty
Halflings are cheap
They can get the Master Chef inducement for only 100K

Cons:
Treemen have MA2, meaning they have to go for it to just stand up (if they get knocked down)
Treemen have a chance to take root each time they move which means they can't move until the drive ends or they are knocked down
Halflings are ST2, they needs two halflings to get a one dice block against an average player
Halflings are MA5, meaning they are slower than your average player
Halflings are AV6, so they are squishier then wood elves, with stunty they get injured easier as well

All that said The Chefs of Destruction have a 2-1-0 record this season.
Piranjade: I don't know who it is but there are one or more coaches helping me to put all division 2 matches into BB manager.
I just want to say: THANK YOU!

It seems we have all matches that have been played in Season 6 in the 2nd division so far in BB manager! That is unprecedented for match day 4! It's wonderful (I think)!
You are welcome.
Post edited September 16, 2014 by cnquist
l0rdtr3k: Any news on Blood Bowl 2? Also, are halflings that bad?
Blood Bowl 2 looks like it will have a very small amount of teams at launch, which I find rather worrying. The first release of the current blood bowl version also suffered from this issue, which made it rather stale after only a short while. One of the beauties about BB is the team diversity.

As for Halflings, they are not very good. While it is not impossible to win with them, they suffer from the fact that most of their players have really poor stat lines and are easily wounded (due to them being stunties). Treemen are great bashers, but really slow. What this effectively means is that it is very hard for them to actually do something about the opponent having the ball, and it is also hard for them to protect their ball carriers. If you are new to the game, I would recommend against playing a stunty team (Goblins, Ogres & Halflings). Lizardmen is an interesting exception, because while their skinks are super squishy, they can, unlike the other teams with stunties, actually field a good amount of strong players, and their strong players don't suffer from major drawbacks, like bonehead, really stupid or rooted to the spot.

A great beginners team would be dwarves. All of their players start with important skills and they are really tough. Their passing game is terrible, but they are still very good at getting the ball from point A to point B. Other good teams for beginners includes:
Humans (bit tricky to develop, but decent enough stats and it is rare for humans to find themselves in a situation that they can't deal with).
Orcs (Not that dissimilar to humans actually. Worse passing game, but a bit tougher)
Wood Elves (Squishy but very straight forward)
Skaven (A little bit trickier than Wood Elves, but still very straight forward. Interesting development options, due to mutations)
l0rdtr3k: Has anyone been in contact with karanek? because we need to play our game and he seems to be offline on Steam.
please accept my apology
i was not able to play yesterday
as i remember correctly, it was the only suitable term for you

@league admins: please give victory to my honorable opponent, i was not able to play
Executive decisions, of which I assume full responsibility for:

Mainosmies given a 1-0 win due to L0rdtr3k dropping out of the league.

DodoGeo given 1-0 win due to DigitalHero's inability to play this week.

MATCH DAY 7 IS ON.
l0rdtr3k: Could anyone give me advice on how to play Pro Elf?
Yes,I'm back as a coach.
Welcome back! I don't have much experience with Pro Elf teams, or any elf teams, so I'll let someone more experienced chime in.
l0rdtr3k: Could anyone give me advice on how to play Pro Elf?
Yes,I'm back as a coach.
You'll be working your ag your av is to low to take many hits and your st is meh. As Pro Elves all have the Nerves of Steel ability I find dump ball and safe pass are must have skills.
Post edited April 16, 2015 by Necross