It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Carradice: Great story, amazing portraits. Bravo.
Thx for your kind words, Carradice. :) My last post was unplanned and spontaneous, believe it or not. xD It's only after I noticed the likes of Wirvington, BenKii, Mister.Wolf and MaxFulvus post epilogues for their characters that I thought to myself, hey, Bethany deserves an epilogue too! I was particularly intrigued and inspired by the pet cemetery lore of Borellus de Castres epilogue. I figured it would be a great setting for Bethany too!

I was careful to keep things vague concerning the homuculi, because I felt that was MaxFulvus's story to tell. And concerning Bethany's cliff-hanger ending, I can't promise with 100% certainty that she will be back for Doc's next Fight Club event, so best I end on a suspenseful note. ;)

My next question then was, should I include some portraits in this final epilogue? If yes, then whose portraits? I had already painted all of the fighters. After much brainstorming, a shining light bulb popped over my head and I thought, of course, why not Bethany's portrait! And when thinking of Bethany's past, the Shadowy Figure also popped to mind. ;) It was so much fun trying to tie all of these links together into a final epilogue! :D Glad you enjoyed reading it.
matterbandit: Thx for your kind words, Carradice. :) My last post was unplanned and spontaneous, believe it or not. xD It's only after I noticed the likes of Wirvington, BenKii, Mister.Wolf and MaxFulvus post epilogues for their characters that I thought to myself, hey, Bethany deserves an epilogue too! I was particularly intrigued and inspired by the pet cemetery lore of Borellus de Castres epilogue. I figured it would be a great setting for Bethany too!

I was careful to keep things vague concerning the homuculi, because I felt that was MaxFulvus's story to tell. And concerning Bethany's cliff-hanger ending, I can't promise with 100% certainty that she will be back for Doc's next Fight Club event, so best I end on a suspenseful note. ;)

My next question then was, should I include some portraits in this final epilogue? If yes, then whose portraits? I had already painted all of the fighters. After much brainstorming, a shining light bulb popped over my head and I thought, of course, why not Bethany's portrait! And when thinking of Bethany's past, the Shadowy Figure also popped to mind. ;) It was so much fun trying to tie all of these links together into a final epilogue! :D Glad you enjoyed reading it.
I'm honored that Borellus and his homunculi inspired you for your epilogue. His lore is almost a shakespearean tragedy now LOL !
Post edited October 07, 2022 by MaxFulvus
matterbandit: EPILOGUE:
(...)
Hello matterbandit ('Bethany')!

Wow, what a dedication even after the event has ended! Congratulation!
And it seems that our host is pleased by how well you depicted him... ;)

Thank you once more for giving us these insights in how you perceived and envisioned 'our' characters!

Kind regards,
foxgog

[Edit]
Sorry, I forgot to shorten the original post.
Post edited October 08, 2022 by foxgog
matterbandit: EPILOGUE:
Bethany's story and epilogue is the best one out of everyone else's here at the fight club. The dedication you took in crafting the story and also adding all those fighter portraits is just so awesome. Hope to see you again at the next one and possibly get a sequel to her story. :)
Post edited October 09, 2022 by BenKii
MaxFulvus: I'm honored that Borellus and his homunculi inspired you for your epilogue. His lore is almost a shakespearean tragedy now LOL !
I thought about you this weekend! I would have posted sooner, but I've been busy and out of town these past four days. The weirdest thing happened to me, although I can't say it is really that strange a thing, but given the context of this thread and your epilogue, it felt like a funny coincidence to me. ;) While I was visiting a friend in another town, I stumbled upon a cardboard box of "free junk" laying there on some curb. I think I stopped breathing for a moment when I saw what I saw. Plus, I have a thing for hard covers. See attached photo. xD

foxgog: Wow, what a dedication even after the event has ended! Congratulation!
And it seems that our host is pleased by how well you depicted him... ;)
Thank you! :) I guess it could be perceived as dedication. Or..., maybe it was just the little boy inside my head taking two full hours to eat my slice of chocolate cake even after dinner has ended because I wanted the dessert part of the meal to last as long as it possibly could. :P
I just noticed Doc's avatar... LOL! Thx for pointing that out to me. :)

BenKii: The dedication you took in crafting the story and also adding all those fighter portraits is just so awesome.
You flatter me, BenKii! Thx for the compliment. Truthfully, I enjoyed reading everyone's individual epilogues. Each story was unique and befitting of their respective characters. I also appreciate that different people have different writing styles. It adds variety to the mix and keeps things interesting. :)
Attachments:
Post edited October 13, 2022 by matterbandit
matterbandit: I thought about you this weekend! I would have posted sooner, but I've been busy and out of town these past four days. The weirdest thing happened to me, although I can't say it is really that strange a thing, but given the context of this thread and your epilogue, it felt like a funny coincidence to me. ;) While I was visiting a friend in another town, I stumbled upon a cardboard box of "free junk" laying there on some curb. I think I stopped breathing for a moment when I saw what I saw. Plus, I have a thing for hard covers. See attached photo. xD
"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous."
Albert Einstein

I think Borellus and Bethany will meet again in a close future.
Our characters live independently of our will ;)
Post edited October 13, 2022 by MaxFulvus
EDIT : Sorry, wrong thread, please delete.
Post edited June 15, 2023 by Pouyou-pouyou